• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA tells broadcasters to stop showing cutaways of attractive female fans during World Cup matches

iconmaster

Banned
In order to comply with this diktat, broadcasters will need to first determine which women are attractive in order to avoid zooming in on them.

Atrus

Gold Member
How does one police this? Sounds very Taliban-esque in that it would lead to fewer female fans being broadcast.

WAGs of footballers tend to be models, would this mean no more pans to family?

Furthermore, would that not infer that any woman they do capture is ugly? Wouldn’t fans catch on to ugly-cam as a concept, and further drive women away from attending?

I think there is good money to be made in boutique hijabs. I think FIFA might be the Venture Capitalist we all need in this growing market space.

iconmaster

Banned
Sports camera operator resumes now:

"Able to quickly and accurately assess the attractiveness of individual fans, in order to avoid focusing on them during game."

Gander

Banned
World Cup dignitaries I apologize for having a penis *crying* I like big titties and asses. I'm ashamed of myself. I've let my family down and those who look up to me.

Last edited:
Here's the dirty little secret of modern feminism and why you see stuff like this.

These modern so called feminists secretly HATE women, it's a philosophy stemming from self loathing women so that the less feminine you are and the uglier you are the better.

It's sour grapes on a massive scale, women who hate being women either because they feel like they don't fit in or they secretly wish they were men trying to ruin female culture for everyone.

mcz117chief

Here's the dirty little secret of modern feminism and why you see stuff like this.

These modern so called feminists secretly HATE women, it's a philosophy stemming from self loathing women so that the less feminine you are and the uglier you are the better.

It's sour grapes on a massive scale, women who hate being women either because they feel like they don't fit in or they secretly wish they were men trying to ruin female culture for everyone.

Yup, I have the same feeling. When I take everything the "modern feminists" want I end up with men more often than not.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Quick! Hide all of the pretty women!

This is going to escalate to a point where they are afraid to show any fans that aren’t dudes.

Then you’ll hear how chauvinistic they are.

NickFire

Shit like this is why Trump is running around the world in Air Force One to make fun of people. And the loons coming up with this crap keep doubling down.

Corrik

Are we supposed to feel like bad people for enjoying beauty in the opposite sex?

I feel like women enjoy seeing attractive men also.

Papa

Banned
Are we supposed to feel like bad people for enjoying beauty in the opposite sex?

I feel like women enjoy seeing attractive men also.

It’s the perverse equality of Harrison Bergeron come to life. Gotta handicap the strong for the self-esteem of the weak. I’m just waiting for Vonnegut to be called alt-right.

dolabla

rBVaSFrdzB2AMftqAACitr0W9_k818.jpg

How they gonna say you can't look at that ^^^

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ah yes, attractive-shaming. The ultimate revolution. Down with the attractive bourgeois!

DESTROYA

FIFA is stupid to even bring this up, why not just ban all women from the stadium....yeah that’ll be a great idea!
Maybe they should stop playing commercials of attractive women too, I’m sure the sponsors would love that.

Dunki

How does one police this? Sounds very Taliban-esque in that it would lead to fewer female fans being broadcast.

WAGs of footballers tend to be models, would this mean no more pans to family?

Furthermore, would that not infer that any woman they do capture is ugly? Wouldn’t fans catch on to ugly-cam as a concept, and further drive women away from attending?
They need to train for Qatar anyway.

MayauMiao

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...-female-fans-in-anti-sexism-drive-854505.html

I've watched almost all the matches at this World Cup and I've seen cutaways of all sorts of fans, men, women and children. Were some of the women attractive, sure, but I saw plenty of ordinary looking women too. This just seems like more outrage over nothing. I guess if they do decide to show a female fan, she better be ugly.

I've seen fair amount of both pretty and ugly fans during the game but I think FIFA is probably upset that when an attractive woman is in the shot, everyone start talking about her.

They aren't called ATTRACTIVE women for nothing.

Pretty girls spark jealousy in too many women (and even men) these days. Sadly, I expect them to become rarer in video games and TV as time goes on, because of this.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yes. Let’s change a wonderful thing to satiate a bunch of professional whingers that don’t watch football.

Too bad for all those gorgeous ladies who willingly doll themselves up, put on skimpy shorts, paint themselves in their national colours and head to a World Cup game for the main purpose of being part of the spectacle and getting on camera. Too bad for them. Too bad for people that like to look at nice things.

I have to wonder if the whingers have ever been attracted to anyone ever or ever even had sex. It’s doubtful.

These idiots fail to realise they are fast-forwarding themselves into some gray, drab, Soviet-like sexless society.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Put em on the glass - FIFA

bjCaRAi.gif
plot

(ESPN does it 2)

Last edited by a moderator:

Grinchy

Banned
So, from now on, everyone who gets shown is being told that they're ugly enough to be shown. That's nice.

manfestival

That feeling when now they are only gonna show the ugliest people to combat years and years of pretty women being cutaway to.

Top Bottom