• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

After playing 10 hours straight of Street Fighter V at my local get-together, I felt as if the last two hours really pushed me mentally as a player. It was then that I started to realize the true reason why I'm not progressing as much as I should. I get stressed near the end & get too scared to do what I have to. I over-think my every move to the point where I barely do anything at all, which screws me over in the long-run. Basically this stress resulted in the headache that I'm dealing with right now (so I guess the chess comparison for SFV is accurate). It's weird, seeing as I've never felt this way about any play or musical that I've ever been in (which may be attributed to the fact that I go to every rehearsal & memorize my lines/lyrics/dances/whatever to the letter). But at the same time, I feel this stress with major tests, which also screws me over while taking the test in question, so this may be an over-arching problem with me as a person. I can rehearse combos like I can rehearse my lines, but I can't apply it 1:1 like I would in a play or a musical. There's a ton of different factors that I have to consider since it's not scripted like said plays & musicals, & I think that results in the previously-mentioned stress. Though right now, I'm just gonna try to chill & get back to SFV tomorrow morning to truly improve myself both as a player & as a person by overcoming my near-the-end-of-the-match stress.

Honestly, it's amazing how Street Fighter is helping me grow in multiple aspects of my life.

Kumubou

Much like how people said MvC3 had good netcode at launch, right?

It'll be the same old story as every other FG -- people think the netcode is good, then people start to learn how to play and then everything goes to shit as people's timing for everything gets completely bodied by the input delay.

Frankly, I expect nothing and I suspect I'll end up disappointed anyway.

mbpm1

After playing 10 hours straight of Street Fighter V at my local get-together, I felt as if the last two hours really pushed me mentally as a player. It was then that I started to realize the true reason why I'm not progressing as much as I should. I get stressed near the end & get too scared to do what I have to. I over-think my every move to the point where I barely do anything at all, which screws me over in the long-run. Basically this stress resulted in the headache that I'm dealing with right now (so I guess the chess comparison for SFV is accurate). It's weird, seeing as I've never felt this way about any play or musical that I've ever been in (which may be attributed to the fact that I go to every rehearsal & memorize my lines/lyrics/dances/whatever to the letter). But at the same time, I feel this stress with major tests, which also screws me over while taking the test in question, so this may be an over-arching problem with me as a person. I can rehearse combos like I can rehearse my lines, but I can't apply it 1:1 like I would in a play or a musical. There's a ton of different factors that I have to consider since it's not scripted like said plays & musicals, & I think that results in the previously-mentioned stress. Though right now, I'm just gonna try to chill & get back to SFV tomorrow morning to truly improve myself both as a player & as a person by overcoming my near-the-end-of-the-match stress.

Honestly, it's amazing how Street Fighter is helping me grow in multiple aspects of my life.

Don't think. Feel.

Shouta

Dissidia arcade seems pretty fun. I need to play it against some folks this week. I still laugh at the controller setup. It's basically a pad.

NEO0MJ

It was one of the options you could vote for in the poll they made a few weeks ago.

I'm hoping for a Genie.

Dissidia arcade seems pretty fun. I need to play it against some folks this week. I still laugh at the controller setup. It's basically a pad.

Just took a look at it. I was expecting something like Pokken not...this

iyfr8qzyvr5wsbzgqezo.jpg

ShinMaruku

Get that money, they can mark up $5 and sell them as soon as they can get it. Release dates can get fucked if it's not timed right. :p

Tripon

Daigo just confirmed that he will be at SEAM Oct 7-9th.

Xian said because of Pokemon Go, Gackt, Leslie and the old Singaporean FGC aren't playing SFV, so it's now dominated by younger players. Lol.
Edit: fuudo taking over when Daigo is traveling. Fuudo the BeasTV.

Lol, my bad on the Portugal/Spain mixup.

______
https://twitter.com/Persia_xo/status/764238296071475201

Persia got a new job which means she's going to do a lot less commentating for Marvel.

She did a lot more for the Marvel community than just commentary. She was one of the hosts of the Marvel Live podcast on Spooky's channel, and before that she was doing her Marvel Minds youtube series with detailed match analysis. When almost no one else is creating Marvel content, her contributions to the community were pretty valuable.

I'm happy for her even though I'll miss her presence in the community. Career is more important than video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom