• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how does that put you above exploiting other regions of the world for marginal savings?

I made a JPN PSN account so I could play Monster Hunter PSP using their PS2 ad-hoc app. It allowed me to play with Asian and JPN players.

If I wanted it that bad I would have bought the pass full price. I am not motivated to make a different region account for this.

edit; read your spoiler, probably need to log on to the Euro account too to play. No thanks!

Never underestimate Murrican laziness

Also this. USA! USA!

But seriously, wouldn't you need an EU copy for the DLC to be compatible?
Yup, DLC needs to be the same region as the game.

In the event of making a ps4 your primary and having other accounts use it, other users can freely use the DLC as long as the sharer, again, has the same region game as the DLC.

Although this doesn't apply to SF5 as the DLCs are tied to your CFN ID so no sharing.

Cs2BcfRWYAAxg4P.jpg

Sayad

Someone translated UmeTalk with GO1
G: "Well, after that, I showed up at national tournaments for a number of different games, but the big thing was that Evo had this side tournament called AnimEvo, and, you know, it's for people who like anime games."
D: "You were invited?"
G: "Yes, I was invited. That was my first time going to Evo. So there I entered Melty Blood, Aquapazza, Under Night In-Birth, and Dengeki Fighting Climax, and then I won all of them.
D: "Wow, four? They may be side tournaments, but I think four wins is an Evo first."
G: "So after the side tournaments, well, how can you go to Evo and not want to watch? I mean I watched Evo vids and I thought those were awesome then, but watching in person is totally different. I had goosebumps! So I started thinking, hey, SFV is coming out next year, so maybe I could enter? So I took the opportunity of SFV to go to Evo."
D: "So SBO made you interested in fighters... and Evo turned you over to SFV? Hmm... I guess it's the same with SFIV, there's something about Street Fighter that makes people who are good at other games always come back to it. I guess if they're already good, they may as well shoot for fame?"
G: "Something like that. So I told myself I'd make sure to get on that stage next year and started practicing."
D: "And it happened. Wow, your dream came true just like that! You know, life doesn't usually go that well."
Great read, dude is a legend.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp4hov

Horseress

A ton of changes for each characters. Some small, some expected like Eyedol's Jump HP being nerfed, and some cool, like Kim Wu getting an entirely new command nrmal

KI's producers are the ones who most listen to the fans and the one who looks more worried about pleasing them. Sadly I don't like the game enough to learn it now, but I respect it, Keits is great

I did a post on twitter again about character art/design and I figured I should post it here (and do it better) since you like them most of the time and we are talking about Urien misplaced things (not his dick, sorry).

Personal opinion as usual.

So most of you know that Urien and Gill are brothers and the two faces of the same coin, thus they share the same body type which is inspired by the greek sculpture depicting heroes naked. The easier reference is of course Michelangelo's David as he depicted David (around 1500) before he fights Goliath. David was in a pre-battle position with tense muscles, veins, and a fierce look etc...
Also Michelangelo was doing large faces and hands which are typical tropes found in SF, even if it's more of a coincidence.

Being a great artist, Ikeno (maybe without noticing) managed to do something similar with SF3's Urien art.

Also look at how they watch their opponent :

I also like to thing that in some arts Urien also carries the dramatic look/tone of greek statues.

So why am I writing all this? Well because I think Capcom missed it with Urien in SF5. I remember hearing people saying they wanted Urien in a suit and I admit I'm one of them, but not as the default costume. For me, Urien's perfect body is the most classy thing ever as he REALLY looks unreal compared to others chars. This is especially true in Third Strike where Alex and Hugo have twisted muscles/poses, Necro and Twelve are twisting their bodies, Oro is thin, etc...

In Third Strike you may have notice that Urien doesn't have a still stance but one with two slightly different position:

Vrv4rJe.gif

In SF5, he lost it:

This very little, very subtle back movement deforming the abs is what made this stance work and gives an amazing first impression when you see the character. He is perfect. In SF5 he lost the pose that shows his muscles and characterizes him a lot while giving him this perfect/surreal anatomy. He also stand like a stick in a fighting pose and expresses no force at all.

So there you are. We won the suit, but I think we lost more than we gained.

Also this is shit :

If you turn the hitbox picture the otherway, its the number 1. The letter L doesn't exist in Japan. #FollowTheMoney #Urien'sProjectileDon'tMeltSteelBeams.

Tripon

FYI, Shaq owns the eSports team (NRG eSports) that said that there was no SFV players worth signing.

Guess they will poach another player instead.

Rhapsody

Banned
I did a post on twitter again about character art/design and I figured I should post it here (and do it better) since you like them most of the time and we are talking about Urien misplaced things (not his dick, sorry).

Personal opinion as usual.
Nice write up. At first it sounds nitpicky but after seeing the comparison, I can see a lot of what was lost. The 3D model, I don't get much of a personality from it. It looks plain rather than menacing, even from just a posture difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom