• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

I was watching today's NJPW G1 Climax, and Kenny Omega just said "Tokido, congratulations! I love you, my friend" during his entrance to the ring.

Kenny Omega is like the best fucking person ever.

Doomshine

Ayy, if only they had done commentary together again.

https://twitter.com/sato_kayo1226/status/886972809968107521

DE8pD1AUQAAhaW6.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The pic would be better if they both wore that shirt of theirs.

Problem with EVO being big is that we don't get to see the little stuff anymore.

Looking forward to SDR, Mavel Live, Ultrachen, etc.

Lemstar

I decided I finally want to try to learn how to play Blazblue, after being put off by how complicated Calamity Trigger seemed when I bought it back in the day. The most recent one I have access to right now is Continumm Shift (which was a PS Plus game at some point), and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a character to start with, because at first glance it seems really intimidating.
ragna shouldn't be that bad; his drive buttons are just normals

there've been a lot of system changes since CS though so you should find some way of getting your hands on a copy of CF

Can we talk about the godlike Rashid theme that was used for the SFV top 8 intro vid? Shit had me jamming out.

You bet your ass everyone in the arena sang along!

Also I'm glad none of my awkward nerd moments made it on stream lol.

I was too tired to even attempt to make moves on people, so I pretty much just made sure to talk to my favorite players and Cosplayers and get as many photos as I could.

Yipes, Xian, and Kitty Kaboom signed my stick, and I got photos with ComboFiend, Momochi & Choco, UltraChen, Bill Trinen, The Security Guard (he was sad people didn't take photos with him!), Nairo, Anti, Woolie, and numerous Cosplayers.

EVO was way too much fun. There's a huge dent in my wallet now but it was an amazing experience. Super glad I got to be a part of competing, running pools, and grand finals.

I also only went 0-2 in the games I didn't show up for (Puyo Puyo Tetris & SFV), so I'm proud of that.

Tripon

SCR and CEOtaku (09/22-09/24) are on the same weekend this year. As Kumoubou pointed out on discord, Anime peeps aren't happy in general with SCR, so it's not actually as big an overlap as I initially thought.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think Defend the North is this week or some other NYC tourney.

I don't think we can say U.S is best at SFV anymore. More Japanese in top 8, FChamp had to scumbag his way into it so he doesn't really count. I agree with Tokido saying at all levels, Japanese just has better players right now. They leveled up a lot since then meanwhile U.S seems less focus on the game at the same time complaining about the game and still playing it. Capcom Cup is going to be interesting.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this video today:
DX11 vs DX12 Unreal Tournament 4 Dm-Underland

It's basically showing a huge performance increase in the experimental DirectX 12 version of UE4 of more than 50% in some cases.

Which made me wonder if any of the UE4 fighting games could ever benefit from it. I guess not on PS4, but on PC and Xbox maybe? I would imagine it would help with its input lag problems as well.

This is a quote from a UT dev:
We have plans to improve input-to-photon. When the engine fully moves to DX12, this should give us a full frame of latency back.

SFV, T7, MvC:I and DBFZ are using UE4 fyi.

MrDaravon

Garou Mark of the Wolves is $6 on PSN this week. As someone who's never touched any of the FF games outside of the first one briefly is it worth picking it up just to mess around with it a bit? IIRC people speak highly of this one, would this be the one FF game to get?

shaowebb

All i know is that Krillin has an unblockable move he had to charge like Cashern in TVC. That means I will be fishing for a multihit lockdown assist for setups like I used to pull with Polymar' s razor kick.

MechaX

All i know is that Krillin has an unblockable move he had to charge like Cashern in TVC. That means I will be fishing for a multihit lockdown assist for setups like I used to pull with Polymar' s razor kick.

If only Krillin had a Friender equivalent.

Garou Mark of the Wolves is $6 on PSN this week. As someone who's never touched any of the FF games outside of the first one briefly is it worth picking it up just to mess around with it a bit? IIRC people speak highly of this one, would this be the one FF game to get?
For 6 bucks, Fuck yeah. If nothing else then just pick Tizoc and go ham.

Saw this video today:
DX11 vs DX12 Unreal Tournament 4 Dm-Underland

It's basically showing a huge performance increase in the experimental DirectX 12 version of UE4 of more than 50% in some cases.

Which made me wonder if any of the UE4 fighting games could ever benefit from it. I guess not on PS4, but on PC and Xbox maybe? I would imagine it would help with its input lag problems as well.

This is a quote from a UT dev:

SFV, T7, MvC:I and DBFZ are using UE4 fyi.
What about opengl though..

chriskun

Yes, it's so sick! Has the whole package from gameplay to arguably the best animation of all 2d fighters. Ignore the poster who said pick Tizoc, maybe the worst character in the game.

Top Bottom