• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 13-19 | This Netkode Is An Injustice

He's back...

vzilae.gif

You don't want him in MVC4 with the way he's shaping up in DMC4SE...
Gene could handle him with all his invincibility frames..

Tripon

So, what''s up with the sm4sh patch? Any confirmed changes? Is Diddy still S tier?

Diddy damage nerfed, HOO HAH nerfed, still as fast and agile as ever. Still very good, will take longer to kill.

Shiek's bouncing fish is at a lower angle.

Sonic's fucking back throw nerfed (Thank God, this was even more annoying than the HOO HAH).

A lot of other things and characters are being examined.

Samsung would still be miles ahead, just by sponsoring two fulltime teams in League

They only have one team now, and China took all their players. I would agree Samsung is the biggest company but I'm curious as to who puts the most money into esports.

Have you seen EDG gaming house? It's not even a house, or a villa it's like a god damn compound.

Rainy

Banned
Forgot to register both of my smash games sigh but how's Mewtwo for those who played around with him so far?

vulva

The idea of Ryu being in Smash is as strange to me as someone saying that Rebels of the Neon God is better than What Time Is It There?

Mr. X

MKX will get play until the next NRS game. After year 1, the money dries up from the pub but who cares when it does and those people drop it for SFV year 1 pot bonuses, the MKX players will keep it going.

Also, Sonic Fox gonna win everythang.

The Light

Man these recent mk threads really bring it home that its not like other fighters with its main audience. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this uproar surrounding coins and paying to unlock things you can get for free.
Guess i just have to see for myself when I buy the game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Every time I see the name Tomo I always see GB appearing out of nowhere to trash him. I think he may have stolen a lot of quarters from GB back in the day.

did you know that someone posted your summary of today's topanga on r/kappa?

Yeah I saw it. Hopefully I didn't fuck up the translation.

Btw, Momochi praised Smug's knowledge of the Ken matchup. Daigo wondered if it was because of Chris T, but they told him it was most likely due to Integra.

ifoOGxQgcaOJj.gif

zlatko

Banned
So what's the final verdict on MKX netcode now after 48 hours in the wild?

I played a few with buddies when I played yesterday and had zero lag issues. Normal 2-4F delay it felt like.

shaowebb

Oh man the special cancels and high lows of Cassie Cage are fun. Pretty messed up what is actually an overhead or low with her. That spec ops missile and her brawler tackle did NOT look like what they were. The missile is low and the tackle is overhead? @_@

Nyoro SF

I feel bad for Nintendo. I suspect Ryu was meant to be a shock reveal at EVO if he's currently a work in progress.

If we don't know who to blame for leaving metadata in Smash, it's time to blame Haunts

Unrelated but what's going on with Q? He hasn't posted in a while and I don't feel like a true scrublord until he reminds me every now and then

.la1n

So what's the final verdict on MKX netcode now after 48 hours in the wild?

I played a few with buddies when I played yesterday and had zero lag issues. Normal 2-4F delay it felt like.

Xbox One version seems to offer the best online experience, and it's about Injustice Xbox 360 level of good. Needs a lot of work if they are planning on running online tournaments for cash on this game. At least without people calling lag as the reason for losses left and right.

Daigo getting all animated and stuff, maybe he has new girlfriend or something putting him in a good mood. :)

Well he's won close to 25k the past two weeks. It's been a good month for him so far.

About Topanga TV, I always wondered if they streamed on Twitch rather than Nico because it's a lot more friendly to the viewers. We don't have to worry about getting booted from the stream like what happens on Nico. I also notice they still don't have a subscribe button or ask for donations. Don't get the wrong idea, I' wasn't going to praise them for it. I'm actually a bit surprised they haven't joined the party and tried to make a few extra bucks like everybody else has been doing.

Well he's won close to 25k the past two weeks. It's been a good month for him so far.

About Topanga TV, I always wondered if they streamed on Twitch rather than Nico because it's a lot more friendly to the viewers. We don't have to worry about getting booted from the stream like what happens on Nico. I also notice they still don't have a subscribe button or ask for donations. Don't get the wrong idea, I' wasn't going to praise them for it. I'm actually a bit surprised they haven't joined the party and tried to make a few extra bucks like everybody else has been doing.

they probably don't know about it

Top Bottom