• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 13-19 | This Netkode Is An Injustice

Summary of Topanga

-Daigo didn't practice the Sagat, Rose, Dudley, and Elena matchup.
-Daigo thought Sako would play the mirror until the day before. He finally figured out that Sako would pick Elena U1. He thought to himself if it was too late to get some good practice for the matchup. After 2 matches he knew he would lose to Sako.
-Daigo said that whether Bonchan picked Sagat or Ryu he would beat him. Bonchan beating him would definitely not happen again. He made fun of Bonchan's confidence in the Luffy match.
-He called Momochi the Daigo only Killing/Slaughtering Machine. If you noticed Daigo was the only one he beat 5-1.
-He had practiced the Dudley matchup a year ago with HJM
-He had Yun as a sub, only for Poongko's Fuerte. It had nothing to do with Xian's Sim.
-Daigo said he would use Zangief against Mago (joking), but he said that if he did run into Kitasenju DJ at FR, he would have used Guile.
-The counterpicking era has come because of the money announced at last Capcom Cup.
-The Poongko match was one he didn't feel that great about. After he beat him he thought he was going to win the tournament, but after the 3rd day it completely turned the situation around.
-He was in the bathroom and he heard the rumbling from the main room's excitement over the Momochi and Sako match. He hurried to see the match and was excited to see the match. It was the best win because it kept him alive to win the tournament.
-He told Momochi "Xiaohai will lose to Sako. Don't let him die in vain!"

I'll see if I can remember the other parts.

-He said that he only attended NCR because Topanga was a ft5. I can't be too sure on this bit so don't take my word for it. I could have heard or remembered wrong.

edit: He just announced that in May, there will be another Manga. This time focusing on the 90s SF2 era*.

*Most likely 94-96 era when Daigo started to play SF in Akihabara. I'm guessing that Tachikawa and yaya Sagat will be some of the characters. He said in thepast that those two were the players he looked up to the most as a kid and he learned a lot from them. Tachikawa is basically the Tomo Ohira of Japanese SF2.

He's also doing a lecture at that vocational school (anime voice acting school that announced the pro gaming major).

BadWolf

Summary of Topanga

-Daigo thought Sako would play the mirror until the day before. He finally figured out that Sako would pick Elena U1. Thought to himself if it was too late to get some good practice for the matchup. After 2 matches he knew he would lose to Sako.
-Daigo said that whether Bonchan picked Sagat or Ryu he would beat him. Bonchan beating him would definitely not happen again. He made fun of Bonchan's confidence in the Luffy match.
-He called Momochi the Daigo only Killing Machine
-He had Yun as a sub, only for Poongko's Fuerte. It had nothing to do with Xian's Sim.
-Daigo said he would use Zangief against Mago (joking), but he said that if he did run into Kitasenju DJ at FR, he would have used Guile.
-The counterpicking era has come because of the money announced at last Capcom Cup.
-The Poongko match was one he didn't feel that great about. After he beat him he thought he was going to win the tournament, but after the 3rd day it completely turned the situation around.
-He was in the bathroom and he heard the rumbling from the main room's excitement over the Momochi and Sako match. He hurried to see the match and was excited to see the match. It was the best win because it kept him alive to win the tournament.

Thanks man :)

pixelish

Summary of Topanga

-Daigo thought Sako would play the mirror until the day before. He finally figured out that Sako would pick Elena U1. Thought to himself if it was too late to get some good practice for the matchup. After 2 matches he knew he would lose to Sako.
-He called Momochi the Daigo only Killing Machine

edit: He just announced that in May, there will be another Manga. This time focusing on the 90s SF2 era. Most likely 94-96 era when Daigo started to play SF in Akihabara. I'm guessing that Tachikawa and yaya Sagat will be some of the characters. He said in thepast that those two were the players he looked up to the most as a kid and he learned a lot from them. Tachikawa is basically the Tomo Ohira of Japanese SF2.

He's also doing a lecture at that vocational school (anime voice acting school that announced the pro gaming major).

based kid a

mbpm1

xd21Qip.gif

That will never get old.

I wish these had more permanent effects in MK

like he can no longer kick lmao

most difficult thing I've ever tried in my life b

/deejayjoke

pixelish

these highlight reels are terrible lmao

yeah, i just watched that and had the same thought
shiro playing makoto instead of abel
poongko's red focus blown up
there are like thousands of hours of gdlk offline footage of tokido yet they would rather show an online match of tokido doing a basic akuma combo

Anybody know a button layout for MKX on a stick?
art has mentioned this on his stream that he uses the 'classic' mk setup for stick. i don't play mk so i'm not sure what that is but maybe you can find that out via the interweb.

Now that Mk is out what is the verdict from you guys in terms of tournament longevity?

That's like asking for a tier list. It's not something you can just forecast from the beginning.

I'll say this much: Unlike four years ago, it isn't competing with the revival of the vs series and street fighter 4 is six years old.

AAK

Now that Mk is out what is the verdict from you guys in terms of tournament longevity?

It's supported by Netherealm Studios. Be prepared to consistently see MKX in tournaments for at least 4 years (or until whenever the next Injustice game comes).

Sayad

Aren't there some people who argue the opposite? hahaha
That the game wont have post launch support or it wouldn't do decently at tournament(speaking entrants numbers)? Both of those are pretty much guaranteed, regardless of the game's quality or what Pam says. ;p

Looks like I found where FGC heads play in Houston (Insomnia in The Heights). Anyone frequent there?

Thinking about hitting it up during one of their tournaments.

Mr. X

Because Skullgirls 2nd Encore will support cross-platform play across the entire PlayStation family: PS4, PS3, and PS Vita users will all be able to play against each other online!
Skullgirls 2nd Encore will be cross buy as well — we haven’t settled on the price yet, but you’ll get both the PS4 and PS Vita versions when you buy one.

Bruh

GGPO too?

:dr. dre.gif:

Anybody know a button layout for MKX on a stick?

On a six button

I use 2 and 3 for punches, 5 and 6 for kicks, 4 for block (thumb), and 1 is for whatever binding you want, probably x-ray.

The rest of the commands can be done with two button inputs.

mbpm1

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160232869]He got famous by beating 12-year-olds at 10-man tournaments in a laundromat, then quit before fighting games got too many people so he could remain a legend?[/QUOTE]

Goddamn

alstein

If the technical issues are solved and online is/becomes decent it has a chance. Otherwise, it's going to go the way of other MK games, and not even NRS money will save it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160232869]He got famous by beating 12-year-olds at 10-man tournaments in a laundromat, then quit before fighting games got too many people so he could remain a legend?[/QUOTE]

jbssxbb8gGHcAW_e.jpg

cold as ice

Tomo Ohira quit fighting games when ST came out because he didn't like Supers. If Twitter was around in the mid 90s, he'd be one of those nerf whiners that complain about Little Mac or Sentinel being too OP day -1. He's one of those guys.

He's back...

http://a.pomf.se/vzilae.gif[/IG]

You don't want him in MVC4 with the way he's shaping up in DMC4SE...[/QUOTE]

Vergil is so OP he steals moves from Ninja Gaiden

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I appreciate that.

It was fun watching your stream blow up the night MKX came out; FWIW I enjoy your streams greatly and tend to have them on in at least the background in the evenings. (I have a zillion twitch devices, so can usually leave one up with the audio going to listen while I'm doing whatever).

Got MKX Whale Edition (Premium Edition) - and wow, I SUCK at fighting games. Spent like 10 minutes trying to do one of the special move combos in the tutorial. WTB low execution FGs kthxbai. Not even sure I'm gonna go through the story; may or may not. I was going to just go unlock everything in the Krypt - but if the entire "nerfed koins" thing is true, I think I'll just pass.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160239406]Tomo Ohira quit fighting games when ST came out because he didn't like Supers. If Twitter was around in the mid 90s, he'd be one of those nerf whiners that complain about Little Mac or Sentinel being too OP day -1. He's one of those guys.[/QUOTE]

Does he still remind people about his interview in the strat guide for SF2 Turbo?

Top Bottom