• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 30 - May 6

So I was looking through my friend's Facebook and saw a picture of him during his match against Chris G at NCR. I see Fanatiq tagged in it and decide to look at his profile. 'Lo and behold...

b6ZIh.png

I laughed too hard at this.

Westlo

Eh, Their decicion to make it 2 v 2 was in response to how dead the game was. If Evo hadnt done that it would have died already imo. Remember NCR ?

Wtf lol?

It had the most entrants @ NCR.
It was made 2v2 for time constraints
If I was going to Evo I wouldn't sign up for any 2v2 bullshit.
WNF SFxTK numbers dropped like a rock when it went Evo format.

2v2 definitely hurt the game, and hey it's not like Mr.Wizard and co didn't even like the game before it came out or anything. Still Capcom sitting on their ass and following a "release plan" they made up a long time ago and ignoring the state of the game is just dumb as fuck as well. There was a version of the game in Korea where grey life expired quickly, just that one single change alone would go a long way with the length of matches..

alstein

Wtf lol?

It had the most entrants @ NCR.
It was made 2v2 for time constraints
If I was going to Evo I wouldn't sign up for any 2v2 bullshit.
WNF SFxTK numbers dropped like a rock when it went Evo format.

2v2 definitely hurt the game, and hey it's not like Mr.Wizard and co didn't even like the game before it came out or anything. Still Capcom sitting on their ass and following a "release plan" they made up a long time ago and ignoring the state of the game is just dumb as fuck as well. There was a version of the game in Korea where grey life expired quickly, just that one single change alone would go a long way with the length of matches..

I think it was going to drop like a rock regardless. Many folks in the community wanted this game to fail, and the fact that the game has some real problems made it easy for others to follow.

2v2 was because of the drop, not the cause.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
:(

Oh MSS has some of the best DHC capability in all of Marvel 3.

Fanatiq uses UMvC3 tech, to a certain degree. He's one of the only Magnetos to use and effectively use the gravitation moves and have actual setups for them. What tech are you referring to that he doesn't employ?

-Box Dash M.Blasts (even crossing up with them)

-No auto-correct j.normals <--- Joker uses them and they are broken...

-None of the newer combos <--- RayRay and Joker were in the forums posting ridiculous shit they do in matches...

-Force Field canceled into hypers (stops unblockables, eats projectiles, etc...)

He's most certainly not the only Mag to use gravity moves either.

I dunno, I'm not trying to sound like a hater. Dude is really fucking gdlk and one of my fav players. He hasn't progressed his Mag at all though. I cry every time I see a simple fly loop and nothing else that does more damage.

Like I said, his fundamentals and broken ass ability to "understand" matches might catch him the win. My money is on RayRay and Joker though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
-Box Dash M.Blasts (even crossing up with them)

-No auto-correct j.normals <--- Joker uses them and they are broken...

-None of the newer combos <--- RayRay and Joker were in the forums posting ridiculous shit they do in matches...

-Force Field canceled into hypers (stops unblockables, eats projectiles, etc...)

He's most certainly not the only Mag to use gravity moves either.

I dunno, I'm not trying to sound like a hater. Dude is really fucking gdlk and one of my fav players. He hasn't progressed his Mag at all though. I cry every time I see a simple fly loop and nothing else that does more damage.

Like I said, his fundamentals and broken ass ability to "understand" matches might catch him the win. My money is on RayRay and Joker though.
I see. Did Fanatiq respond to the Joker MM?

Chavelo

I have no idea what an F-Evo is.

The meaning of the &#8220;F&#8221; in F-EVO? The &#8220;F&#8221; in F-EVO can stand for anything that comes to mind when attending EVO. We spent a great deal of time thinking of different words the F could stand for, such as Friendly, Free or Fun, but to be frank, the freedom to choose felt best!

Above all, the &#8220;F&#8221; in F-EVO represents your mentality and attitude towards EVO. Whether your game got in as a main game or your game has been relegated to side tournament status, F-EVO is there for you!

Post up on Twitter with hashtag #fevo2k to express your opinions on everything F-EVO related! You can also follow us on Twitter here or using the big button on the sidebar.

Basically, a community website to showcase side tournaments at EVO2K12.

Also, Fuck-EVO. :p

Haunted

anybody think that the new excellent adventures with clakey d are kinda boring? its funner when its gootecks stinking it up and mike ross is the 'good' one.
I was ready to hate on this new pair since I really like Gootecks, but fuck, they've already won me over with that first episode.

Their reaction to those cats? priceless

What's the news on the RayRay vs Fanatiq money match?

All of WC likes Fanatiq, and all of EC likes Ray Ray (LOL pretty funny seeing them argue too).

Right now It's $2,000 first to 15, but number is obviously going to go up.

Personally from what I've seen on Fanatiq's stream. He has a lot of technology with his team that he hasn't shown at WNF and other tournaments. It was quite surprising. A lot of funky mixups and wonky hit confirms that are quite interesting. If he's able to convert on all of those consistently I think Ray Ray is done for. However I don't think he's showing any more since he's just playing continuous loops of storm now...

What?

The obvious nature of the site and it's name being indicative of childish whining from players of those games about how they aren't popular.

It's cool to have a strong side tourney scene, but naming yourself Fuck EVO and parodying the site/evo official names like that is kind of petty.

BB and ST aren't main stage games, wr get it. No need to try to be funny.

The obvious nature of the site and it's name being indicative of childish whining from players of those games about how they aren't popular.

It's cool to have a strong side tourney scene, but naming yourself Fuck EVO and parodying the site/evo official names like that is kind of petty.

BB and ST aren't main stage games, wr get it. No need to try to be funny.

It's now FUCK EVO. It's anything you want the F to be. It can be FUN EVO. Or FRAUD EVO. =)

Venfayth

Wizard's takin it in stride

SZgtq.png

edit: OR it could be an ironic slap in the face. Like, you're petty about Evo, but you'll still show up.

Big 2 refers to AE 2012 and Marvel 3, right?

edit: OR it could be an ironic slap in the face. Like, you're petty about Evo, but you'll still show up.
Like Jared at Evo 2010. He seemed really disgusted about the Women's SF4 tourney, but he still showed up anyway instead of boycotting.

Top Bottom