• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 8-14 | Sony pleads the FiF

Skab

As far as the roster goes, I expect theyll have the 8 original world warriors, some randoms from other game, maybe people we didnt get in 4, plus maybe 4 new again at launch?

I just want some of the SF3 guys we didn't get. Q, Urien, Alex, Oro would all be awesome to have back.

I want this in glorious new SF5 graphics, damn it!

Winpose_(3).gif

I can't understand how someone watch this and concludes it looks "exactly" like SFIV

It's the same people who say things like how they don't understand why anyone would buy SF5 at launch when we know there is going to be a "Super" version six months-year after it comes out.

I can't understand how someone watch this and concludes it looks "exactly" like SFIV

Hyperbole, meet Horseress, Horseress, meet hyperbole.

That said, there's a bunch of similarities in the aesthetic and especially in the things depicted. That denjin animation is pretty much part and parcel of SF4 Metsu Hadouken animation. Add focus on ink effects, bulky oversized limb style body for Ryu (even if the face looks different now) and so on.

Of course it's different. But like T7 wrt TTT2, it just feels the same, just with more bling.

CoCo_CoCo

Banned
Has there been any exact details for SFV exclusivity to PS4/PC? By that I mean have they specified that all future editions(Super/Ultra) after Basic SFV will also follow the same exclusivity of PS4/PC only?

The only thing I've read that touches on is that SFV will only be on PS4 console, and no other consoles ever, but that doesn't specify future editions clearly, that statement leaves the door open a crack.

Skab

Has there been any exact details for SFV exclusivity to PS4/PC? By that I mean have they specified that all future editions(Super/Ultra) after Basic SFV will also follow the same exclusivity of PS4/PC only?

The only thing I've read that touches on is that SFV will only be on PS4 console, and no other consoles ever, but that doesn't specify future editions clearly, that statement leaves the door open a crack.

Per the info on the previous page, it will be updating league/Killer Instinct style instead of the usual Super/Ultra style, and therefore will always be exclusive to PS4/PC.

vg260

- No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)

This is what I was hoping/expecting. Hopefully they don't spoil a reasonable model how KI is starting to do so by locking basic customization options behind some grindy-leveling system tied to microtransactions.

Just keep the content purchases to characters and costumes, with bulk purchase options.

BadWolf

BruceLeeRoy said in the other thread not to expect any version of SFV on another console.

Horseress

It's the same people who say things like how they don't understand why anyone would buy SF5 at launch when we know there is going to be a "Super" version six months-year after it comes out.

Yeah, I should stop listening to these people

Hyperbole, meet Horseress, Horseress, meet hyperbole.

That said, there's a bunch of similarities in the aesthetic and especially in the things depicted. That denjin animation is pretty much part and parcel of SF4 Metsu Hadouken animation. Add focus on ink effects, bulky oversized limb style body for Ryu (even if the face looks different now) and so on.

Of course it's different. But like T7 wrt TTT2, it just feels the same, just with more bling.

There're as much similarities as there were between SFA3 and SFIII imho

hitsugi

As far as the roster goes, I expect theyll have the 8 original world warriors, some randoms from other game, maybe people we didnt get in 4, plus maybe 4 new again at launch?

I just want some of the SF3 guys we didn't get. Q, Urien, Alex, Oro would all be awesome to have back.

I want this in glorious new SF5 graphics, damn it!

Winpose_(3).gif

They may very well bring back every character ever.. including SF1.

OR, they could scrap 90% of characters we've already seen, bring in all new characters, and then gradually trickle in some of the old cast. I can't imagine the amount of work it must have been for them to change things up as they did with SF3, but (as much as I enjoy the prior cast) it would be refreshing to have something.. new, in SFV.

On my plane coming home from NEC. Was a pretty nice time. The hotel was still awful though and somebody still destroyed the stairwell. I guess I missed some stuff but it all seems to have stirred up extra online stupidity so I guess I'm pleased.

DId someone poop/throw up there?

Never seen this before. Looks pretty cool!

Yeah, one of the downsides of indies aligning with ID@Xbox instead of Sony is cool games are sort of getting ignored. This and Cuphead being the prime examples.

This is coming to PC too, of course, so that's good

Revolver(that Lex player) has had to play Zod at like all but one of his majors in 2014 and there's only like 4 active Zod players in the scene. It's awful lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alright so regarding that video :

- Time / Weather effects in stages
- Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.
- Unreal Engine 4
- The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.
- 16 characters
- No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
- The story mode will be way much better, they know they fucked up with sf4.
- The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...
This is pretty awesome sounding. I'll take this. Please let it be this. 16 characters sounds okay but considering how far out the title is, I kind of want more :E

Was hoping for something ism-like, but V-Trigger sounds like it could serve a similar purpose.

Horseress

Very curious about this V-Trigger....something ISM-like? Buffing/nerfing certain aspects of the character mid-round? Can't wait for saturday

The Light

16 characters is perfect.
Wonder if weather changes will effect gameplay. Hope they don't go overboard with it so it won't cause slow downs.

Top Bottom