• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 26 - Feb 1 | Zaibatschu

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Managed to watch that SF5 footage. I'm guessing fireballs might have some durability now. Ryu when V-triggered went through Chun's fireball and hit her. I wonder what happens if V-trigger spam from Chun and Ryu, who would win out, because that would depend on how many fireballs Ryu's hadouken can eat up. Also Ryu's fireball does a crap load of damage when it landed, zoning will be extremely strong if they keep the mechanics the way they are.

On the topic of speed, I think Chun actually walks backward fine, looks close to her SF4 speed. Ryu looks like he got a lot slower but tankier though. There seems to be a lot of animation, so I wonder if it is what makes normals look relatively slower in this case. Though I do notice there is a trend every single time game footage is released that it always looks slower or it takes too long. I remember back when people said the kill times in MVC3 were too long lol.

Damage overall looks higher in SF5 than SF4 though. Some or Ryu's two hit combos and normals just did lots of damage. Ryu's normal throw looks like it did more than SF4 Rufus throw damage (though that is kind of hard to compare).

Ryu would win after the 2nd time he powers up. At that point all his fireballs are 3 hits. Dude can keep powering up over the match and get 6+hit fireballs. That chun spam wont mean shit at that point

SF4 did not look that different from its release state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2aTUbcHFrM

This version of SF4 looks like the iPhone version.

Wait until they're one more year into development then we can start the qq'ing

also, I think I've made the executive decision of trying to go to Evo this year. I have enough money saved up but it looks like my Japan trip ain't gonna work out this year :(

vulva/tik tok help me with these flights and hotel bookings yo.

Ryu would win after the 2nd time he powers up. At that point all his fireballs are 3 hits. Dude can keep powering up over the match and get 6+hit fireballs. That chun spam wont mean shit at that point

Oh, so the buff can stack? That is very interesting to know and I think that really changes how a match flows. In that case, I think making something like activating V-trigger would be somewhat slower or a little more unsafe (didn't look punishable at all, but I can't really say if either player attempted to do anything, since it had a slight super freeze), sort of how people would try to stop Q from stacking the taunt defense buff and can hit him during it.

kirblar

Joey Cuellar ‏@EvilMrWizard 29m29 minutes ago

Initial Thoughts For Systems @ Evo: USF4-TBD, UMvC3-360, KI-XB1, GGXRD-PS3, P4U-PS3, T7-ARCADE, MELEE-GC, SMASH4-WIIU, MKX-PS4. #Evo2015
Joey Cuellar ‏@EvilMrWizard 16m16 minutes ago

We would definitely have some kind of stick assistance there for games on PS4/XBOX One like we did last year for KI. #Evo2015

If USF4 on PS4 means no frame drops, I say go for it.

hitsugi

I don't ever remember Capcom showing those images prior to the game's release. The first-look images we got were from EGM and they look pretty much identical to what we see today.

I only assumed he would have to be referencing those because no other comparison would make any sense due to the reasoning you just specified.

la_briola

Rhapsody

Banned
I never had an issue with the online. You get the network adapter thingy?

No. I actually think the netcode can be really really good. It just throws off my brain feeling slightly behind in a game like this, haha. So many constant reads compared to other fighters.

I'm looking into trying out more characters. The variety is looking pretty nice so far at Apex.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Fuck yeah today was a better day at Taito. I beat Mesu. Wanted to play him more but he left. Then I got destroyed by this Guile player 4 games to 1. Counter hit and throw setups all day long.

Kyabetsu was there too.

I mean Meso, not Mesu. He's the 44K BP Akuma who was training under Tokido in Topanga. Game center seemed a bit empty this weekend. Everyone's at Tokaigi probably.

I'm going to see if I can still get tickets for today.

Kumubou

What assistance did Evo have for KI last year? Rent a stick?
Razer supplied 2 of their XBone sticks for each setup. So if they run USF4 on the PS4, it would either be because the game supports PS3 sticks or someone steps up and loans out a grip of sticks. For the latter, they would need WAY more sticks on hand (around 75 or so?), and people would probably still complain that they can't play on their preferred setup.

Busaiku

I was kinda expecting more for Apex, given the Nintendo support.
I thought given everything, it could've easily blew Evo numbers away.

Definitely way better than any non-Evo major though.
Maybe the finals will bring in the big numbers.

I was kinda expecting more for Apex, given the Nintendo support.
I thought given everything, it could've easily blew Evo numbers away.

Definitely better than any non-Evo major though.
Maybe the finals will bring in the big numbers.

Unless there's another Super big event happening tomorrow.

Rhapsody

Banned
Larry doing work with Fox. Who was the guy in FGW complaining that Fox was one of the bottom characters of this game again? lol

Sayad

One power up is enough to win the fireball war against powered up Chun.

Single haduken, at 2 hits will take care of both of Chun fireballs, and the recovery on a single hadoken is much faster than Chun throwing out two fireballs.

Ryu also only needs to fill two blocks of bar to go into his first powerup, unlike Chun who'd need three. So if all other things are equal he'd get his first.

Sayad

Yep, that spam isn't an issue for Ryu at all. But it would be really interesting to see what characters with no fireballs can do against it. No way we're seeing, say, SFIV's Gief in a game with that kind of fireball spam, and then, if this game's Gief have a way around that, then he probably have a way around anything and it won't be hard for him to get in... Which is also something you can't/shouldn't give Gief!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yep, that spam isn't an issue for Ryu at all. But it would be really interesting to see what characters with no fireballs can do against it. No way we're seeing, say, SFIV's Gief in a game with that kind of fireball spam, and then, if this game's Gief have a way around that, then he probably have a way around anything and it won't be hard for him to get in... Which is also something you can't/shouldn't give Gief!

Who's to say Geif is even going to be in the game :p

Zangief gets his MvC Iron Body back
Cody tosses boulders instead of rocks like a G
Mak and Ibuki get their 3S parries
Abel gets fullscreen roll

etc...

Fair and balanced

Clawww

Thomasaurus, is Abel popular in France? Like, is there any particular appreciation for him being the French representative?

Top Bottom