• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 6-12 | Nothing Happened HD Remix

pixelish

so which esports team is going to sign him? complexity? eg? perhaps another esports team which is trying to get involved in the fgc?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chris G using that J.Wong blueprint.

Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

pixelish

thoughts on mlg providing some monetary assistance to the fgc?

MLG CEO's DiGiovanni said
Well in terms of leagues, one of the things we're doing is starting to look at actually partnering with folks for example in the fighting game community. Saying, "Hey, why don't we help you with your live event venue fees. We'll pay for it up front with you and earn that back out of the ad-split for our stream. Potential for also adding to prize money. We're trying to be supportive of grass-roots events as well because we know what it's like. We know how difficult it can be. With a big deal like with someone like Gfinity, or our partnership that will be coming out of Brazil soon, you'll see different things happening with those partners. What we're trying to do is partner with folks and try to create some stability and predictability for them, especially on the event side.

full interview: http://www.ongamers.com/articles/mlg-s-sundance-digiovanni-on-the-future-of-mlg-tv/1100-599/

Beckx

1. Gamers overreact to thing
2. When they say "I'm done with this company!" they actually mean "day 1 if graphics are good"

So true.

Where's that classic pic with the steam group (or something similar) of people who were boycotting Battlefield or CoD or whatever, and the status for almost all of them showed them playing the game?

The Capcom thing seems like it's blown out of proportion, of course the mobile & social guy is going to say that. I dunno. It will be interesting to see where the company goes this generation.

Omega

Banned
fchamp is gonna have to beg for donations even harder cause he's never winning another local

i think he knew this was coming. I've seen him streaming WWE 2k14 royal rumbles recently.

which for some reason blows my fucking mind. Why people continue to give him money for doing something they could do is just..what

why not donate to one of the other fighting game players that actually take time out of their life to play for us instead of someone who just streams cpu tournaments.

jbug617

Banned
seems like they are going to have good attendance for a regional.

@nycfurby: Defend the North is packed. SSF4AE, Injustice, AE and TTT2 have been pushed to 2pm due to overwhelming walkin registrations at the door

Rotanibor

Rebel Up is TODAY!

Numakie and I are running a bunch of games again at Super Arcade, and I am expecting higher numbers to sign up than any previous Rebel Up. We'll have to just see how that goes though.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/numakie

The stream schedule should look something like this.

4:30pm PST/7:30pm EST: Aqua Pazza
5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST: Arcana Heart 3
6:30pm PST/9:30pm EST: Vampire Savior
9:00pm PST/12:00am EST: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure(Capcom) and/or Melty Blood

Not entirely sure how JoJo's and Melty are being ran this week. Based on what Numakie is saying I think we are featuring JoJo's to completion after Savior but I could be off, I'll update when I know. Also, the JoJo's block may start a little bit later, as it actually is supposed to start when Savior ends, which may go over time slightly. We're still working out some kinks in the schedule as we are growing.

Going to be an interesting week. Expecting more than 12 for Savior (last week was 12) and around 10~ for JoJo's. The JoJo's players are a bunch of SoCal GGPO guys that pretty much never meet offline, so game knowledge and level of play should be high assuming they make it.

Also if you like BlazBlue, go check out http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua . Pretty sure the entire day is dedicated to BB today.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

nikos

DTN stream is ass due to Twitch needding to fix their shit. Buffering every few seconds, video skipping around, completely unwatchable.

Working fine for me on Source.

I should be there though, as I live nearby. Will go tomorrow to watch AE finals and hopefully play some casuals.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
thoughts on mlg providing some monetary assistance to the fgc?

MLG CEO's DiGiovanni said

full interview: http://www.ongamers.com/articles/mlg-s-sundance-digiovanni-on-the-future-of-mlg-tv/1100-599/
Seems like its a good idea, and definitely seductive from how it's phrased. I'm no CPM expert but I wonder if paying back through as revenue means the streamer still gets something at the end of the day.

Seems like MLG is trying to attack all competitive markets to get them to stream on their platform. I just wonder if people will be able to adapt their stream schedules for how they run ads for. I imagine it takes a toll on the actual tournament too if there are more frequent ads and there's more waiting IRL before the next people play on the stream station.

Curious to see how this goes. I can see someone like Level|Up jumping on this.

Top Bottom