• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 14-20 | Bracket Resets Full of Tears (of Joy?)

Horseress

Looks like Tekken 7 will be released on PC too

BtBTo2cIgAA8JEV.png:large

Sheroking

UltraDavid's tier list is solid. At least nothing as disagreeable as "Dhalsim high tier/Hakan low tier" (Japan...).

IMO, I think Yun, Viper, Sakura, Cammy, Evil Ryu and Akuma are top or high tier characters. For having damage and stun output as high as these characters do, you would think getting in and getting their mix-up going should be difficult. I don't feel like it is at all. Too much mobility and most of them have too many good buttons (Cammy, Viper and to a lesser extent Sakura it's more about specials).

In low-tier, I think everybody sleeps on Rolento too much. I've seen him listed with Dee Jay a lot, but I've played him quite a bit and I think he's better than that. Terrible wake-up game, which I guess is enough to keep him low-mid, but good buttons, good cross up tricks, great air-to-air, good combo damage and two really great ultras. He loses to rushdown badly (may be Rufus' new best match-up), but I think he beats charge characters with Ultra 2/cross-up shenanigans and can get in on zoners.

Kimosabae

Banned
Viper has the ability to goad you into her range with seismo but her ability to actually get in isn't as good as most people think it is and is alleviated by matchup knowledge and experience

.la1n

While a PC version of Tekken 7 would be amazing, having it release day and date with the other versions is what would truly blow my mind.

Myn

He was a legit low or low mid tier in AE. I main'd him in that version and the struggle was most definitely real. He had Akuma health and stun without strong enough tools to compensate for it. Since then he has gained a lot of buffs that he didn't have before. Going from AE to USF4 he has

-more health(850>950)
-more stun(850>900)
-more damage on some of his moves
-target combo is actually good now and can be used a frame trap
-LK axe kick has 1 more frame of hit stun which allows people do those FADC combos for more stun and damage
- far MK went from a mediocre poke to a great one
-sweep is faster and now he can end combos into one and go for mix ups
-getting hit by hop kick is now scary, it can lead to tons of damage where as before all it did was 70 damage
-other minor buffs

He's received almost nothing but buffs since he was first introduced while other characters continually stayed the same or got worse which has helped him climb to supposedly being top tier in USF4. The only nerf was to HK axe kick which almost no Evil Ryu player uses outside of a combo ender. And even that was a compensation nerf because it was sped up so you could combo it from a cl. MP.

Ahhh I see, thanks for this. I wasn't aware of his USF4 buffs outside of his health increase.

You see people complain about Guy all the time, about how he's overpowered, too strong, has an unbeatable reversal option, etc. You know, the shit bad players say because they don't know the Guy matchup. Then when someone says that he's not that great, they get shocked.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You see people complain about Guy all the time, about how he's overpowered, too strong, has an unbeatable reversal option, etc. You know, the shit bad players say because they don't know the Guy matchup. Then when someone says that he's not that great, they get shocked.

It's like he's Dan's opposite.

Kappa

Dahbomb

Thanks for letting me know. Still not that funny though. I was expecting something more I guess.
It's also related to scheduling of Tekken games at tournament being really early in the weekend (like on Fridays) which resulted in lower than expected tournament entrants. So people were like "well of course Tekken players aren't going to show up at that time they have jobs".

It's also related to scheduling of Tekken games at tournament being really early in the weekend (like on Fridays) which resulted in lower than expected tournament entrants. So people were like "well of course Tekken players aren't going to show up at that time they have jobs".

Well it wasn't people it was... you know who... who made the assertion. It probably would have been forgotten like all the other bad posts that get made in FGW had it come from anybody else but since it came from him it is now legend

Busaiku

It goes back to either SCR or NCR last year where Tekken was on a Friday and a bunch of people, including Aris, I think, were complaining about it, because they had jobs.

Tekniqs

yo..do you guys ever get those day(s) where you play well below your average skill level? Today has been atrocious lol. Instead of blocking or srk'ing jump ins, I've been walking into them =( drops, mis-inputs, yada yada yada.

yo..do you guys ever get those day(s) where you play well below your average skill level? Today has been atrocious lol. Instead of blocking or srk'ing jump ins, I've been walking into them =( drops, mis-inputs, yada yada yada.

"Pullin' a Smedwicks"

happens to the best of us

Sayah

Well it wasn't people it was... you know who... who made the assertion. It probably would have been forgotten like all the other bad posts that get made in FGW had it come from anybody else but since it came from him it is now legend

Who are you referring to?

I hope my laptop specs are enough to run this.

Tekken 7 will likely be the first game I buy full price on two different platforms on day 1.

Harada also has tweeted that Japan will get to play Tekken 7 soon and to expect a playable build of the game by TGS (which is in September I think). OH man. SOOOOO READY!!!! I love team based fighters but I really want to go back to 1v1 now. Can't wait.

Horseress

I hope my laptop specs are enough to run this.

Tekken 7 will likely be the first game I buy full price on two different platforms on day 1.

Harada also has tweeted that Japan will get to play Tekken 7 soon and to expect a playable build of the game by TGS (which is in September I think). OH man. SOOOOO READY!!!! I love team based fighters but I really want to go back to 1v1 now. Can't wait.

I can't wait to see what will be their approach. We could see a lot of "tests" in Tekken Revolution, which was considerably easier to play than TTT2, so...I wonder if they will actually "dumb down" tekken

Sayah

I can't wait to see what will be their approach. We could see a lot of "tests" in Tekken Revolution, which was considerably easier to play than TTT2, so...I wonder if they will actually "dumb down" tekken

The gameplay and the direction the series needs to go in is where there is a major split in the fanbase. It's gonna be hard to appease everyone with Tekken 7 (at least judging from the diversity of opinions in the reveal thread). A lot of people want bound removed (a lot of people don't).

Top Bottom