• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

I don't think that your defence is bad against standard characters. But when it came to the Divekicks and Elena.. that's just what Rose can't really deal with all too well lol.

Elena is beautiful tho

Yea you can be frame-trapped easily using slow buttons to crouch tech with. You can also crouch tech with jabs.
I want to play your Elena some day.. But I get bodied by Vulva so I probably won't fair well..

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yea you can be frame-trapped easily using slow buttons to crouch tech with. You can also crouch tech with jabs.

rolento's lk is better, been experimenting and most of the time i get grabbed when i crouch tech with jabs so i do shorts instead.

I want to play your Elena some day.. But I get bodied by Vulva so I probably won't fair well..

vulva aint that scary man. dude is flowchart af
kappa

If Xiao Hai won today, he gets 256 points. There's no way 32nd place when the season is over will have more than 256 points. The automatic berth is immaterial.

I said it before the beginning of the CPT and I'll say it again. I don't think 32nd place will have more than 128 points. When Poongko won Cannes Winter Clash I said that I think that's already enough points for him to qualify. Chris G last year finished 32nd with 173 points. Their are less events this year and more top players traveling and finishing high which takes points away from lesser players that might have made top 8 or 16 had 5-10 top Asian players not attended.

Basically when the CPT is almost over and their are only a few ranking events left. Even people who have 0 points to their name could still qualify IMO by just winning that one ranking event at the end of the year.

kirblar

I said it before the beginning of the CPT and I'll say it again. I don't think 32nd place will have more than 128 points. When Poongko won Cannes Winter Clash I said that I think that's already enough points for him to qualify. Chris G last year finished 32nd with 173 points. Their are less events this year and more top players traveling and finishing high which takes points away from lesser players that might have made top 8 or 16 had 5-10 top Asian players not attended.

Basically when the CPT is almost over and their are only a few ranking events left. Even people who have 0 points to their name could still qualify IMO by just winning that one ranking event at the end of the year.
Agreed- the points system being so top heavy is going to lead to a relatively low floor for 32nd place in the standings.

But that volatility in the standings will also make it so that those last few events matter. A guy like Pepeday has been on sabbatical- if he spikes a late season event, he could get in.

I don't think that your defence is bad against standard characters. But when it came to the Divekicks and Elena.. that's just what Rose can't really deal with all too well lol.

Elena is beautiful tho

yea you play elena a bit different than the one i play against so it was throwing me off lol. but yea ass against dive kicks. thats why im also trying to learn eryu

tLY8uir.jpg

smh man up and take the L

xCobalt

rolento's lk is better, been experimenting and most of the time i get grabbed when i crouch tech with jabs so i do shorts instead.

I don't think you understand why people crouch tech with different buttons. It's not meant to help you tech throws better. It's meant to counter attacks that go over cr.lk (hop kicks, dive kicks, ect).

Given how slow Rolento's other buttons are, you'll likely get counter hit if you try. Rolento also has the benefit of a linkable cr.lk. This allows you to hit confirm into a decent combo if the opponent leaves a long enough gap in their blockstring.

Kikirin

Well shit, while I was typing this I just thought that I could just get a dual mod right? Is there any word on whether or not SF5 will be supporting PS3 sticks too?

Didn't see if you got an answer yet, but I believe word is that SF5 will support PS3 sticks.

You guys really want to have a title based on chun li's breasts huh?

Good thing the rest of the forum isn't about making threads about cross assault anymore.

Top Bottom