• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

FGW |
tumblr_npypn1AYcb1sv15w6o1_500.gif

FGY | Kris I am Hi FYI I cop g ftfy cut off fgy to you you are not the intended recipient you are not the intended recipient you are are are are not the named recipient please delete the original message to the new year to year and the rest of the my resume and references let me

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
People are going in with these thread titles.

I don't think you understand why people crouch tech with different buttons. It's not meant to help you tech throws better. It's meant to counter attacks that go over cr.lk (hop kicks, dive kicks, ect).

Given how slow Rolento's other buttons are, you'll likely get counter hit if you try. Rolento also has the benefit of a linkable cr.lk. This allows you to hit confirm into a decent combo if the opponent leaves a long enough gap in their blockstring.

I'm not understanding your second sentence.. I thought crouch tech was used as an OS to either get a tech on a grab or have the normal prioritize the grab if there is no grab coming from your opponent... So from reading it a couple more times, do you mean low profiling these moves (hop kicks, dive kicks, ect)? Please explain. I'm just now assuming its an OS in the game to stop trigger happy grabs.

We need *****_ to come back and save us from Enzo's tyrannical ways.

FGW | Guest Among Us

mbpm1

I'm not understanding your second sentence.. I thought crouch tech was used as an OS to either get a tech on a grab or have the normal prioritize the grab if there is no grab coming from your opponent... So from reading it a couple more times, do you mean low profiling these moves (hop kicks, dive kicks, ect)? Please explain. I'm just now assuming its an OS in the game to stop trigger happy grabs.

Cr.Teching with different buttons like that is meant to counter things that would otherwise beat normal cr. tech bc they would avoid your cr short.

Using them otherwise is usually not worth it bc of how slow other normals tend to be (unless you plink with jab or have a 3 frame fierce like Sakura or something) and for the same reason you wouldn't normally wake up with something like st. fierce on wakeup: It's slow, and not intended for a close up attack bc of that; it's meant to control space in certain ways from certain distances.

FGW | Enzo Ignores Us

FGW| All posts should be like this from now on

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Cr.Teching with different buttons like that is meant to counter things that would otherwise beat normal cr. tech bc they would avoid your cr short.

Using them otherwise is usually not worth it bc of how slow other normals tend to be (unless you plink with jab or have a 3 frame fierce like Sakura or something) and for the same reason you wouldn't normally wake up with something like st. fierce on wakeup: It's slow, and not intended for a close up attack bc of that; it's meant to control space in certain ways from certain distances.

Okay, let me rephrase my question then, what's a normal crouch tech then?

xCobalt

People are going in with these thread titles.

When people crouch tech with a different button, it's to counter certain moves. For example, let's say you're using Ryu and do a basic crouch tech. In this scenario, your cr.lk will come out. When you go up against an Evil Ryu player, they might recognize that and go for a hop kick. This will go over your cr.lk and he'll be able to punish you. If you decide to crouch tech with mp instead, it will stuff his hop kick. Consequently, by using a slower move to crouch tech, it leaves you more susceptible to frame traps.

Rhapsody

Banned
Brokentier lobby for Xrd was fun. I regret going in as Potemkin since I didn't get to use my Ky against Koogy.

Got wrecked sure enough since I've never played Potemkin vs Slayer yet in this.

Top Bottom