• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

mbpm1

I'm pretty sure I've seem him at other majors kind of recently but I've never seen him play at this level.

He had a real falling off before he semi-retired, so that may have been the case

That's pretty impressive. I should watch the matches, I expected K-Brad to win from the force of that stone cold.

Heard he got 3-0'd right after by ChrisG lol

Still a good moment

Top 32 (I think it's safe to say the top 16 will be at Capcom Cup)

532pt Mago   (qualified)
530pt Daigo (qualified)
500pt Infiltration(qualified)
362pt Kazunoko (qualified)
348pt Tokido  (quallified)
324pt Luffy
308pt Poongko
284pt Xian   (qualified)
276pt Momochi (qualfied)
199pt NuckleDu
180pt Gamerbee
178pt Justin
148pt 801Strider
138pt DarkJiewa
128pt Nemo
124pt Bonchan

082pt RickiOrtiz
080pt SnakeEyez
078pt Fuudo
076pt Xiaohai
074pt Humanbomb
072pt Tonpy
070pt ProblemX
068pt KojiKOG
066pt PR Balrog
064pt Sako
054pt RyanHart
048pt Smug
040pt Sabin
037pt Shiro
036pt K-Brad / Dieminion

I'm pretty sure I've seem him at other majors kind of recently but I've never seen him play at this level.

Does Sako still compete?

Yes. I take it you won't see him in many tournaments, but he'll attend 3-4 to get into Capcom Cup. I think that will be enough for him as he is so good.

Jazz-ism

Banned
It shouldn't since they play a different version in Japan.

bus a iku...are u for real man? everyone has access to the console vers first of all and 2.0 changes make little difference in this case...and he won the exhibition the night before...why wouldnt it "count?" the truth is this was a major victory for us and despite personas low attendance and zombie like state, the quality of play from the top players of the game is at a sufficient level to challenge jp

jp apologist lol

ceo and seam were the most stacked ultra tourneys all year. Top 32 all killers for real

ski and chen have similar flaws but i honestly think ski has been the better commentator lately because he actually watches streams and keeps himself updated with tournament results.

I would compare James to Mike Ross as a commentator. I actually think those two work better than the ultrachen combination.

Ski, I'm not sure, because I never had a problem with him to begin with.

Tripon

True or false, with 1028 CPT points, the EVO winner will be the 1st place seed at the Capcom Cup?

Edit: Random musings: I don't think MKX will be the semi-finals game at EVO this year. I'm going with Tekken 7 with the upset.

For Sunday, I'm imagining:

GG Xrd
Smash game
MKX
Tekken 7
Ultra.

Top Bottom