• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 23-29 | Forever Yung at heArt

TheChits

Really glad I decided to watch the TSB event today. It has just been swell
KuGsj.gif

shaowebb

Just got back from locals in WV. Ended up playing some Marvel and scummed it up with Arthur and Modok carrying the load for me. Got old. Yeah...yeah I still hate this game. Combos are too long, damage is too high, TOD, yadda yadda yadda...whatever. Casual title only for me these days if that. All I can see are the flaws now and it kills the joy I used to have...makes me sad.

Played a lot of Project M and hung out. Won some with Ganondorf in that and Smash 4 which was great. Someone whipped out a Project M that had Ridley on it. Holy shit was that crazy. D-air went from top platform to bottom of stage, taunt caused flinch to screw up recovery folks, had shuttle loop, bowsers sit attack, fireballs, charizard drill flight and crazy as hell grab range and such. Amazing time with Ridley. Gonna play TvC another time I guess. sigh...its all I really wanted to hit :(

Oh well. Had a good time, talked up fighting games, heard some brainstormy stuff from other people on character theme ideas they've had over the years and got some feedback on stuff I'm working on and met a musician who I'll have to hear out. Dude plays a ton of instruments and plays a ton of fighters. Good times.

Final thoughts on tonight...you have not lived until you've played 4 player Ridley in Project M.

Miss is not that light skinned in the game and the lighting I'd weird in the DOA 5 mariposa pic.

Yeah, this doesn't seem as bad (if they are actually lightening her skin, that is super shitty) and could just be lightning, probably.

Stuff like Vanessa in VF is pretty bad though, no doubt.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Yeah, this doesn't seem as bad (if they are actually lightening her skin, that is super shitty) and could just be lightning, probably.

Stuff like Vanessa in VF is pretty bad though, no doubt.
the vanessa whitening is more marginal

both are despicable

S1ivSUc.jpg

WWsEbwP.jpg

wtf with this skin lightening of dark characters in fighting games this decade?

The top right looks like just real bad lighting. I have DOA5U and it didn't look that bad when I saw Lisa in game.

edit: On another topic, people will often criticize certain black characters as looking like "dark skinned asian/white" people (whichever one they feel like pointing out). I think the change in Lisa's facial structure does make her much more unique compared to other girls in the same game. Her nose for one thing changed.

For some reason I was wondering why Enzo hadn't put up the new thread yet

Then it finally struck me just now (after like two hours) that it's Saturday night

NEO0MJ

wtf with this skin lightening of dark characters in fighting games this decade?

Lighter skin is considered sexier by the general public after all, games are just catching up with real life.

*Insert gif of Beyonce bleaching*

edit: On another topic, people will often criticize certain black characters as looking like "dark skinned asian/white" people (whichever one they feel like pointing out). I think the change in Lisa's facial structure does make her much more unique compared to other girls in the same game. Her nose for one thing changed.

Frankly I thought she was a white woman with an extreme tan in DOAD.

It's demoralizing to work around the clock at a multi-day event for peanuts and then, when you're *finally* able to start editing and uploading videos (Final Round basically just ended for me; I've been working nonstop for over a week), see that people have already beaten you to the punch and jacked all your shit.

I'm just disabling Twitch archives in the future. This is one hassle I don't need to put up with.

Yeah, I understand and it was not intended as a criticism. Would it be faster to upload the footage as large chunks, so its just not the matches?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Yeah, I understand and it was not intended as a criticism. Would it be faster to upload the footage as large chunks, so its just not the matches?
I find that people like to be able to search for videos of specific players, especially in pools, where you'd want to skip all of the fluff easily. So, I split all of my Youtube archives into one video per match, and then group them into a single playlist per tournament for people who want to watch them in sequence. This also has the added benefit of automatically placing ads before each match at the beginning of each video, instead of having to pick and choose where to place them in the middle of a huge collection of matches.

I've gotten pretty efficient at the editing process over time. I don't have to re-encode the actual videos at all, so there's no further quality loss on that front. Once I edit about one or two dozen matches, I start uploading those immediately and begin editing work on the next set so that I'm uploading one match and editing another at the same time. Unless I have more pressing matters to attend to, I can usually get an entire major uploaded in my free time between 24 to 48 hours after getting home.

But I had shit to do this week, and that put FR on the backburner. I elected to not delete my Twitch archives until I could verify that all of my local recordings were saved properly. And for my troubles, a couple people swiped all my CPM in the meantime. Like I said, this wasn't an issue in the past because Twitch at least allowed broadcasters to keep their VODs private. Since they don't do that anymore, I'm not saving VODs anymore. It's gonna be someone else's problem now and I don't really care.

shaowebb

Wow TSB isn't cringeworthy now that Xrd finished. Is it a coincidence?

I take it back. It was pretty bad when Arcana was on stream too.

I'll give Arcana Heart one thing...I find the idea of a homing button interesting in an airdash fighter. God the shenangans you could get into in a Smash Style game if that was around...

I'll give Arcana Heart one thing...I find the idea of a homing button interesting in an airdash fighter. God the shenangans you could get into in a Smash Style game if that was around...

The shitfest that was TSB last night had more to do with the people and not the games themselves

Nobody talking about Josie in tekken 7? I like her design, she somehow tries to persuade us with Sagat that Asians can be 2 meters tall. :D https://youtu.be/YpkDd4aiPUc

I think her design is pretty bad. She looks like a VF character in the sense that she doesn't even look like a fighter.

Kimosabae

Banned
Yeah, TSB last night was pretty bad. I didn't want to say anything because I assumed I would be dismissed as being my typical "No Fun Allowed" self. I'm glad to see it wasn't just me. I'm not sure what Art's vision is for his streaming future, but I hope that's not it.

And goddamn is he the most obnoxious with ads.

I really want to get excited about Tekken 7, but everything I've seen of it leaves me so apathetic. I'll probably end up getting it, but these reveals are doing nothing for me. Almost got excited when I saw the Jin hoodie, then I looked down and saw the hot pants and smh

Infinite

Yeah, TSB last night was pretty bad. I didn't want to say anything because I assumed I would be dismissed as being my typical "No Fun Allowed" self. I'm glad to see it wasn't just me. I'm not sure what Art's vision is for his streaming future, but I hope that's not it.

What was up with the stickbug stream? biscuits went off again?

Azure J

I feel like I missed some stuff despite watching most of TSB. That might have been for the good based on some of the comments here regarding commentary. At the same time, the Sonic Fox twitter thing made me chuckle. I feel bad though since I know that wasn't the best of things to be amused by.

petghost

Banned
I didn't see tsb and I dno who makotofox is or why their Twitter would be funny but that sounds pretty par for the course for tsb/biscuits. Dudes kinda seem like they are trying to over-compensate.

shaowebb

Damn...now I can't stop thinking of how fun a homing dash in an airdash fighter or Smash title is. Imagine the shit I could do with Peach if I had a homing dash...or Zero Suit Samus...or ANYONE. God could you imagine the homing airdash combat between Marvel dudes? Shit would get insane...it'd be DBZ. Oooooooh...DBZ done marvel style with homing airdash on a meter...

Fuck. Its one of those days. Stop it imagination. My heart can't take all these dreams.

her character model is kinda weird.

it seems unbalanced for some reason, i can't put my finger on it.

I think it's the shoulders. A lot of female models in TTT2 had that issue, especially since they made the character customization for costumes more "uniform" to fit on many bodies. Also her head doesn't match her shoulders. It's like her neck is too skinny and her head is too petite.

I think it's the shoulders. A lot of female models in TTT2 had that issue, especially since they made the character customization for costumes more "uniform" to fit on my bodies. Also her head doesn't match her shoulders. It's like her neck is too skinny and her head is too petite.

OH her creator was the same lady who made Bayonetta!

NO WONDER!

also, i have to make a statement:

HOODIES ARE THE WORST COSTUME/CLOTHING TO PUT IN 3D GAMES!

if you want to make your character as generic and throwaway as possible, make them wear a hoodie as default.

NEO0MJ

Does all Philippines mid-teen girls are that tall? :eek:

Does all Japanese old-age men conduct electricity? :p

Josie's design is pretty darn rad

Her gameplay seemed pretty good too-- have they said what fighting style/martial arts style she uses?

She seems to have a lot of Bruce's moves so probably muay thai. Don't know why they didn't go with a martial arts actually from the Philippines, Eskrima. It's not like there aren't weapon users in the game.

Kimosabae

Banned
OH her creator was the same lady who made Bayonetta!

NO WONDER!

also, i have to make a statement:

HOODIES ARE THE WORST COSTUME/CLOTHING TO PUT IN 3D GAMES!

if you want to make your character as generic and throwaway as possible, make them wear a hoodie as default.

Dude, screw you. T4/5 Jin is one of the best FG designs ever. It wasn't the typical goth/anime KH trendy-bendy hoodie crap. It was a legit jumpsuit, with slick aesthetic, that I would wear IRL.

Top Bottom