• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 23-29 | Forever Yung at heArt

NEO0MJ

nobody scared of daigo anymore.

shit i ain't scared.

gimme Daigo in pools first round, i can probably knock out a round!

image.php

mbpm1

I think Blackule could take Daigo and his sponsorship too.

Also, Josie looks kinda weird. Would ship with Miguel tho.

Josie seems cool. Her fighting style looks good.

Not so sure about the costume, but it's not awful. Her win pose crying seems pretty far fetched..

More hyped about her than Jin x 2 at least.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
this reminds me of a manga i'm reading...

I know which one you're talking about lol

nobody scared of daigo anymore.

shit i ain't scared.

gimme Daigo in pools first round, i can probably knock out a round!

I know whose you is Chris Hansen but I likes to call ya Chris Handsome. Now looke here, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. The choice yuors..

Chant this in front of Daigo and he will lose. Proven 100% effective or your money back!

NEO0MJ

Now I'm curious about this mystery manga. Name please?

Yeah caveat is, he plays worse.

I guess. Not a fan of rekkas, either. Though that's because I'm terrible at timing them.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";157989856]Sometimes you just gotta find yourself, man.[/QUOTE]

Deep, man.

Azure J

I can understand GB's struggle with avatars. Times I want something new but can't settle on anything good and default back to the vanilla main.

Tripon

Zero and Dabuz pulled off the Fox & Olimar custom team. The one where you kill people with pikmin in one hit and 999%. Absolutely disgusting.

Elena is now officially my least favorite character to fight. El fuerte step down son.

I can't learn this matchup lmao

As a guy player, Elena players have this habit of being really confident in their tool sets.

which can be justified in a lot of cases. but this causes them to forget that i win 75% of trades, or they will happily walk into random normals and special moves.

they want to play the mid-range game and get hit on her limbs. unless she jumps and i have no meter, then im boned.

Say here's a bit of an interesting question (though I may be cribbing off of shaowebb's style here), is there an archetype in fighting games you usually find yourself shying away from or not considering when you go through rosters picking characters?

Grapplers. I love my movement too much, and the burly slow guys just don't have that.

Frantic

I can understand GB's struggle with avatars. Times I want something new but can't settle on anything good and default back to the vanilla main.
After a certian point of rocking one avatar, it feels weird to change it. I've thought about changing to a DMC4:SE related avatar a couple times recently, but I'm too used to this one.

Will switch to demi-yams when MvC4 is announced, though.

Azure J

After a certian point of rocking one avatar, it feels weird to change it. I've thought about changing to a DMC4:SE related avatar a couple times recently, but I'm too used to this one.

Will switch to demi-yams when MvC4 is announced, though.

Yeah, it was nicer in the past when GAF members could use those avatar rotating places but that wasn't meant to be.

I'm definitely down for a MarvelGAF reunion full of random [poster]Yams images should MVC4 ever be a thing. Already have the idea for mine planned out. :lol

you guys care about avatars way too much.

How else do you identify yourself/show personality here? :p

I watched the Bonchan vs Daigo match again. Daigo did try to bait Bonchan into wake up DP's many times but he didn't do it in the 1st game. He finally switched it up and did it a few times in the 2nd game and then few more times in the final game.

I remember thinking that the forward jump into super at the start of the round basically won it for Bonchan. But it didn't, it was his wake up DP after Daigo landed Ultra that basically sealed it for him. Evil Ryu had half life while Ryu had two-thirds health. If Daigo had blocked that he could have knocked off at least another third at minimum or put Bonchan around quarter life if he spent meter. This completely changed everything because Daigo could have sat back and zoned and force Bonchan to press but it went the way it did. If that wasn't bad enough, the match ends with Bonchan reading Daigo's fireballs again and landing another jump HK to seal it.

I hope these two run into each other again at NCR. I like to see how much Daigo adjust knowing what he's up against because Bonchan isn't using Sagat against Daigo for sure. Same goes for Infiltration's Decapre if they run into each other again. The beast has been getting tamed lately but still #teamDaigo till the end.

Busaiku

Man, seriously, I can never bring myself to watch Wreck-It Ralph, cause I can't stand the idea of them labeling Zangief as a villain.

Marz

I watched the Bonchan vs Daigo match again. Daigo did try to bait Bonchan into wake up DP's many times but he didn't do it in the 1st game. He finally switched it up and did it a few times in the 2nd game and then few more times in the final game.

I remember thinking that the forward jump into super at the start of the round basically won it for Bonchan. But it didn't, it was his wake up DP after Daigo landed Ultra that basically sealed it for him. Evil Ryu had half life while Ryu had two-thirds health. If Daigo had blocked that he could have knocked off at least another third at minimum or put Bonchan around quarter life if he spent meter. This completely changed everything because Daigo could have sat back and zoned and force Bonchan to press but it went the way it did. If that wasn't bad enough, the match ends with Bonchan reading Daigo's fireballs again and landing another jump HK to seal it.

I hope these two run into each other again at NCR. I like to see how much Daigo adjust knowing what he's up against because Bonchan isn't using Sagat against Daigo for sure. Same goes for Infiltration's Decapre if they run into each other again. The beast has been getting tamed lately but still #teamDaigo till the end.

I'm glad Bonchan is finally willing to switch in order to win. You can't play straight Sagat anymore in this game.

Ryu is also a great choice because he has a similar gameplan to Gat and enables Bonchan to still keep his defensive style while not having to be bullied into the corner every match.

Swarna

All of Bonchan's Sagat matches are super stressful to watch. Even when he's "winning" it never feels like he's in control but merely scrambling to hold on to his position. Feels like his opponent could come back at any time. Looking at the Tokido matches you wouldn't even think he won both GF sets 3-1.

I'm glad Bonchan is finally willing to switch in order to win. You can't play straight Sagat anymore in this game.

Ryu is also a great choice because he has a similar gameplan to Gat and enables Bonchan to still keep his defensive style while not having to be bullied into the corner every match.

He's proven to be able to overcome hard match ups and match ups that he was having a difficult time with in the past. He bodied Infiltration's Akuma last year and Tokido's Akuma just recently. He took out Xian's Gen last year to after getting bodied over and over and trying to beat him with Akuma one time. And he also took out Luffy who beat him at EVO, not convincingly but he did it.

But it seems he's completely given up on trying to beat Daigo's Evil Ryu with his Sagat and honestly I don't blame him. Terrible walk speed, normals as slow as Evil Ryu, and less damage outside of land DP, FADC, Ultra. Even then Evil Ryu is capable of doing that for good damage himself. So yeah it was a good move to use Ryu. I think it definitely caught Daigo off guard, but we'll see about the next time.

Azure J

This dude Dizzy on the tourneylocator Project M stream plays Marth scarily similar to myself. It's so whoa looking at it from a 3rd person perspective. :lol

Daigoat will win another short set tournament. If Chuchu can win a game, Daigo can win a tournament damnit.

CBI824EWcAMdwMU.jpg

Top Bottom