• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 18-24 | WELCOME THRILLHO

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iUMef5zCoFfui.png

Week of November 18th to November 24th, 2013.

Fighting Games Weekly is the weekly discussion thread for all things fighting games. News, events, streams, videos, players, drama, everything fighting game related.

Don't know what to watch right now? Check the FGCPros Twitch Group or Jaxel's Stream Viewer. If you want to watch multiple streams at once, you can use Jaxel's customizable multiviewer as well.

New to FGC-GAF is the FGC-GAF Index which lists the fighting games GAFers plays as a neat reference with some rough statistics to boot. To add yourself to the index, quote this post and use the survey link below. Please remember to save/bookmark the "Edit your response" link so you can edit your responses if/when you buy a game already on the list or a new game that releases in the future.

Last week's thread.​

i21eNNLQhmgu.png

Killer Instinct Launch Tournament [ Thursday ] [ 6PM EDT | 3PM PDT ]
Killer Instinct Release [ X1 ] [ Friday ]
  • Double Helix resurrects an arcade classic as the first new fighting game of the next generation, with a unique new multi-tiered pricing model to boot. Check out the official thread for game-specific discussion.
Jersey Shoreyuken 12: KILLER INSTINCT [ Saturday ] [ 5PM EDT | 2PM PDT ]
ThaigerUppercut Championship 2013 [ Saturday ] [ 1PM ICT | 1AM EDT | 10PM PDT (Friday) ]

ibpy4DqFeoXEW4.png

Ultimate Fight Night [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • Bi-weekly featuring around 5 exhibition matches in AE, with a main event usually featuring top players.
Marvel Mondays [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • Out of the ashes of The BOX Arena, comes the San Diego FGC's newest organized weekly for UMvC3.
UltraChenTV: First Attack & Lv3 Focus [ 11:30PM EDT | 8:30PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.

ibecfEgd0VLJO7.png

Kachitagari TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Bon-chan, Kazunoko and Fuudo's new show, focusing primarily on SSFIV AE ranked matches but is branching off into other games as well.
NYC VF [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • NYC VF crew presents VF5:FS tournaments casuals out of The Next Level arcade in Brooklyn.
The Break Weekly [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • New Jersey's largest weekly featuring UMvC3 and Injustice.
WakeUp SRK Live [ 9:30PM EDT | 6:30 PDT ] [ON HIATUS]
  • Keits and skisonic host the weekly official podcast of Shoryuken.com.
The On Blast Show [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • JamessMK & DarKNaTaS host a raw and uncut weekly talk show discussing events in the FGC with various FGC personalities.
UltraChenTV: The Tuesday Show [ 11:30PM EDT | 8:30PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.
When's Marvel Weekly [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]
  • FChamp and the FGTV Live crew host weekly Marvel sessions and hijinks.
Cross Counter LIVE [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]
  • Cross Counter LIVE returns with the help of VxG. Cross Counter LIVE is a weekly talk show hosted by Gootecks and Mike Ross, who discuss hot button topics in the fighting game community.
The Show That Sucks [ 1AM EDT (following day) | 10PM PDT ]
  • iPlaywinner hosts a weekly talk show featuring alpha stream monsters Harrison and Honzo Gonzo.

iPyLZQFf7lWbd.png

Game Spot Versus KoF Casuals (JP) [ 7PM JST | 6AM EDT | 3AM PDT ]
  • KoF 1998UM, KoF 2002UM and KoF XIII C action from Japan.
TOPANGA TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Description needed.
Next Level Battle Circuit [ 8PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • NYC's biggest weekly at The Next Level Arcade in Brooklyn featuring SSFIV AE, UMvC3 and TTT2. If the Teamsp00ky link is not working, it is likely on the backup stream on Arturo's channel.
Melee It On Me [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • A bi-weekly Smash podcast discussing recent events, news and issues in the Smash community, hosted by Scar, Prog, Cactuar and Sheridan.
Wednesday Night Fights [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]

iVzRxuKRiBFVb.png

Valley Stream Monsters Thursday Night Casuals [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]
  • Kombat Network presents a weekly offering stream monsters a chance to get on the streams themselves.
Stream Monster Online Tournament [ 8:30 EDT | 5:30 PDT ]
  • Weekly 16-player UMvC3 online tournament run by FGTV and sponsored by eightarc.
FNC The Arena [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • UMvC3 weekly out of Long Island, New York, which sometimes features other games.
The Fray [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • A weekly FGC talk show hosted by iPlaywinner, featuring a varying, ensemble cast of prominent members of the fighting game community.
ATP LIVE! [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Aris' new weekly show, discussing whatever he wants to! The format resembles old ATP podcasts.
The Runback Season 4 [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]

iboMhZ3uYuJ9BO.png

KaoTV! (JP) [ 11PM JST | 10AM EDT | 7AM PDT ]
Fraud-Free Fridays [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]
  • Weekly tournament run at the FGTV house. Don't forget about the second FGTV stream as well which compliments the main one.
SALTY! [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • A weekly Skullgirls event hosted by members of the Skullgirls development team, often featuring preview builds of the game.

iPFL8tsIxU1un.png

None at the moment.​

ibnaQzvIvdHU3z.png

GGPO VanBats [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ]
  • Weekly GGPO Vampire Savior ranbats streamed by GAFer Rotanibor.
Super Smash Sundays [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ]
  • Level|Up and Team OXY partner up to create a new weekly for the SoCal Melee community, featuring doubles and singles.

iHQzZ24kcsQiA.png

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too:
Additionally, if you want to really get involved, you may want to check out the various OTs for specific games:
GAF isn't the only FG community in town though. Here are a whole bunch of other FG communities across the internet that may be of interest:
  • 8WayRun - Soul Calibur franchise community
  • DOACentral - Dead or Alive franchise community
  • Dream Cancel - King of Fighters franchise community and resource, more US-centric
  • Dustloop - Forums/community for Arc System Works-developed games
  • Eventhubs - Frequently updated news blog, resource and forums for all things fighting games
  • FreeStepDodge - Dead or Alive franchise community
  • Homing Cancel - Arcana Heart community
  • iPlaywinner - Large fighting game news site and resource, and the home to Teamsp00ky and iPlaywinner
  • Jet Upper - UK-centric news source and community
  • Mayonaka Midnight - Persona 4 Arena community and resource
  • Melty Bread - Melty Blood community
  • Mizuumi - A resource for various "poverty" games
  • Orochinagi - King of Fighters franchise community and resource, more EU-centric
  • Reddit Fighters - Reddit's own fighting game community subreddit
  • Shoryuken - Mainly 2D, Capcom game centric hub, and probably one of, if not the largest FG community on the internet
  • Skullheart - fan Skullgirls community and resource made official
  • TekkenZaibatsu - Tekken franchise community
  • Test Your Might - Mortal Kombat and Injustice community and resource
  • UKFGC - UK-centric news source and community
  • Smash Boards - The largest Smash Bros. Community™
  • VFDC - Virtua Fighter franchise community site

- - -

If you have any suggestions for the OP, please do not hesitate to post in this thread or PM me to let me know.

don't understand this thread title

You don't understand it because you haven't actually read the thread title properly. You are probably just going on what you have heard about this topic from other people. Trust me, it really is amazing and as soon as you sit down and think about it, you'll know exactly why everybody is hyped about how well the words come together.

I really hope the thread title gets the support it deserves from the FGC. But you don't have to believe me on this, all I ask is that you just give it a chance.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fighting Games Weekly Official Bucket List:
  • Updating the thread as often as I used to
  • Weekly player features/interviews
  • New, next generation™ banners (blurei sorta said he'd help a while back but then he never replied back to my tweet :( )
  • Expanded streaming section in the "Community" in anticipation of PS4/X1 letting everyone stream their Cross Counter parodies
  • Figure out what is actually on hiatus, and what is deader than Darkstalkers

MavFan619

Banned
I'm in the PS4 vortex and contemplating double dipping earlier on Injustice than I intended. I need a fighting game already.

You don't understand it because you haven't played actually read the thread title properly. You are probably just going on what you have heard about this topic from other people. Trust me, it really is amazing and as soon as you sit down and think about it, you'll know exactly why everybody is hyped about how well the words come together.

I really hope the thread title gets the support it deserves from the FGC. But you don't have to believe me on this, all I ask is that you just give it a chance.

I am more confused now, also have no idea what anybody else is talking about. All I know is that this is from the shop lifting simpson episode

I'm really loving the streaming features on the PS4. It's just so easy to start I can't help but put a stream up every time I play Injustice. Sure I have zero viewers but it's just one of those "why not?" sort of deals.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Fighting Games Weekly Official Bucket List:
  • Updating the thread as often as I used to
  • Weekly player features/interviews
  • New, next generation™ banners (blurei sorta said he'd help a while back but then he never replied back to my tweet :( )
  • Expanded streaming section in the "Community" in anticipation of PS4/X1 letting everyone stream their Cross Counter parodies
  • Figure out what is actually on hiatus, and what is deader than Darkstalkers

Wow I would have this all done by now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gaming is a huge bore for me for the most part right now. Most of the titles I'm interested in will not be out for a long time. The last generation did not take advantage of popular series from the generation before. Hopefully this isn't the case this time but the industry seems to be going down a different path. Western developers are doing their thing, Japanese ones need to step it up.

Silky

Banned
Gaming is a huge bore for me for the most part right now. Most of the titles I'm interested in will not be out for a long time. The last generation did not take advantage of popular series from the generation before. Hopefully this isn't the case this time but the industry seems to be going down a different path. Western developers are doing their thing, Japanese ones need to step it up.

J-Devs play it way too safe for me, which is why a lot of interest from my favorite j-devs is pretty much gone. But then again, as long as we have the From Softs. and the SWERYs and the SUDA 51s still doing their thing, I'm pretty contempt.

Unfortunately I had to fire lay off Panda because he was playing more hours of NRS games than deemed psychologically healthy per week.

Poor guy.

FF15 and KH3 are the big hope for me. If they don't do it for Japan then it is time to pack it up.

Hopefully they succeed on console and open up the floodgates for devs holding onto those series.

Dahbomb

FF15 and KH3 are the big hope for me. If they don't do it for Japan then it is time to pack it up.

Hopefully they succeed on console and open up the floodgates for devs holding onto those series.
The Last Guardian and Devil May Cry 5.

I still believe.

Busaiku

Get a 3DS.

No, I thought it was a launch game too for some reason. Does anyone remember when it's supposed to come out?

Just reading to confirm that it was.

When it comes to Divekick, Iron Galaxy said that they “pushed it back to add some stuff.” We weren’t given a new release window for Divekick, so stay tuned for more details as we receive them.

Hopefully they are adding in somebody still playing it online a week after the game launches.
Because I thought it was quite fun

Dahbomb

Get a 3DS.
3DS has great DMC, MGS, RE, Tekken, ZOE, VJ games?

Damn son better go buy one right now, can't wait to play dat ZOE3.

I get where Kadey is coming from. A lot of good franchises either skipped games or simply went straight downhill. I now realize how spoiled I was when I first got a PS2 in 2001... I was playing MGS2, DMC1, TTT, GTA3 and GT3... each of them are now considered classics. Neither the 360 nor the PS3 had something like that within the first year, the closest was Gears of War. I don't think the PS4/Xbox One will have that either. Maybe I am just a fan of mostly these Japanese big budget series but man have they fell far. The 3 party Japanese crowning achievement this generation is by far the Souls games and after that it falls off hard.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Today I realized they made Gouken throw diagonal fireballs from the ground because Akuma can throw diagonal fireballs from the air.

I probably should've realized this sooner.

I'm felt loving the streaming features on the PS4. It's just so easy to start I can't help but put a stream up every time I play Injustice. Sure I have zero viewers but it's just one of those "why not?" sort of deals.

I tested out the streaming feature myself. Like many have said, not amazing quality but it's decent and gets the job done. I look forward to using this feature if USF4 gets ported. If not that then whenever big fighting games come to PS4 that I get. Not interested in streaming my online adventures, but I figure streaming GAF games like Kadey does would be cool to do. But then again, any of us with a PS4 could do it, not just me.

Top Bottom