• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 7-13 | Sharing magical moments in cyberspace

.la1n

you can make a jp psn account in 10 mins...

people have had the ability to get it for months dudes are just straight up LAZY

Well that and you need to purchase PSN cards to make purchases on foreign stores. It's not a grand amount of effort but it's not quite as simple as just create a PSN account and BAM JoJo + GG right then and there.

edit: also what Beef said, it's ASW ;)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Get a stick Dah or a pad. Because this won't do. Going to be afk for a little while so have fun with the other boys.

Jazz-ism

Banned
Well that and you need to purchase PSN cards to make purchases on foreign stores. It's not a grand amount of effort but it's not quite as simple as just create a PSN account and BAM JoJo + GG right then and there.

edit: also what Beef said, it's ASW ;)

it takes approx 20 mins for you to pay a site and have them email u a code man. if you are real, it takes minimal effort to get the game. like i said dudes are straight LAZY

Or ArcSys can just release it int the US already.
It's not my job to buy a Japanese game when I bought a US system.

i dont even know what to say to this. you are probably better off not getting the game honestly. i dont think you would know what to do with it.

Dahbomb

Get a stick Dah or a pad. Because this won't do. Going to be afk for a little while so have fun with the other boys.
Not an issue with the keyboard at least with this character. I just don't have the knowledge like when to press what especially when I am pressured. I don't know what to do when someone is on me in the corner which happens a lot. And throw teching is in this game is really hard, like I know when someone is about to grab me yet I am always late with the tech.

kirblar

ArcSys not getting their stuff localized in time is definitely costing them sales. The hype's dying out for these games when they take 1-2 years to make it to the states or Europe.

You suck

boom
roasted
it takes approx 20 mins for you to pay a site and have them email u a code man. if you are real, it takes minimal effort to get the game. like i said dudes are straight LAZY

i dont even know what to say to this. you are probably better off not getting the game honestly. i dont think you would know what to do with it.
So are you the new SolarPowered, but for GG instead of Skullgirls?
Not an issue with the keyboard at least with this character. I just don't have the knowledge like when to press what especially when I am pressured. I don't know what to do when someone is on me in the corner which happens a lot. And throw teching is in this game is really hard, like I know when someone is about to grab me yet I am always late with the tech.

Pushblock.

Seriously though, start by learning the range of Guile's normals. Those are gonna be more important for you.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Haven't been tuning in to much FGC stuff lately but I'm really looking forward to SS. Hope they got some good Injustice players down there.

I tried doing that sometimes but I got blown up for it. I guess people know how to beat it.

Teching throws is probably the most annoying thing about online SF4. Just keep in mind that tons of online players will do jab jab throw. Also, late teching is gdlk.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

You weren't able to do a lot of things with him, pretty evident. You need to use what you can do best with even with Guile. If this were SF2, it would be okay but with fadc and lots of other things it's impossible to play with keyboard.

And Guile is probably a bad character to completely start with due to the nature of the game. Was using various characters to test how you would react to certain situations and as you can see, the characters with the crazy mixups blew you up. Your normals were on point for the most part, you did good with what you had, just need to add more normals to complement your game. Use back and short to go forward while keeping your charge, mixup forward fp with rh after short range booms, get use to the timing of your projectiles, etc.

I'm back so if you still want some more games, I'm here.

Jazz-ism

Banned
ArcSys not getting their stuff localized in time is definitely costing them sales. The hype's dying out for these games when they take 1-2 years to make it to the states or Europe.

this has always been the main reason why arcsys sucks. its a historic problem for them

are you serious
Old_man_yells_at_cloud_by_Badonk.jpg

For sure.

Like with +R I was super hype and was waiting for the patch to buy... but now its like why bother if Xrd is coming within a year.

Clawww

Alright, I bitched about the massive amounts of Evil Ryu online, but the past few days it's been endless waves of Ryu players.

I did get my shit bodied hard by a good Sagat, though. That was refreshing.

Dahbomb

You weren't able to do a lot of things with him, pretty evident. You need to use what you can do best with even with Guile. If this were SF2, it would be okay but with fadc and lots of other things it's impossible to play with keyboard.

And Guile is probably a bad character to completely start with due to the nature of the game. Was using various characters to test how you would react to certain situations and as you can see, the characters with the crazy mixups blew you up. Your normals were on point for the most part, you did good with what you had, just need to add more normals to complement your game. Use back and short to go forward while keeping your charge, mixup forward fp with rh after short range booms, get use to the timing of your projectiles, etc.

I'm back so if you still want some more games, I'm here.
Right now playing some DOTA 2 so maybe a bit later.

Thanks for the tips and yea the crazy mix ups/pressure characters blew me up. Don't know what to do in those situations. I figured out fairly late into the sets that f+LK allows you to move around while maintaining charge. I already use forward FP but I don't use forward RH much so I will be trying to add that to my gain. Guile has a lot of normals and I am not sure when to use what.

And yeah FADC is tough but doable. I was also trying to use Sonic Hurricane in the sets but it wasn't coming out (usually an EX Sonic Boom comes out). I need to work on getting that out as well as that might've won me a game or two.

Sayah

The SSFIVAE sale couldn't come at a better time. Really glad I got the game on PC.
How do I do qcf attacks on a keyboard?

Also, dat creativity by DEATH.

gtatekken_zps1d01d1a4.jpg

dtg

Neo Member
The SSFIVAE sale couldn't come at a better time. Really glad I got the game on PC.
How do I do qcf attacks on a keyboard?

Use a hitbox layout (sdf (left down right) + space (jump)), roll over d and f. You can also hold d and press f twice for the zig zag instead of fdf.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll telling you DB. Get something so you can play easier. Keyboard doesn't cut it. You are limited by what you can do with it, I can tell.

Top Bottom