• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: SoCal Regionals,CPT EU Finals,Toshinsai+Arc Revo,VSL,SSS

Haitani probably still thinking about not using his meter for Super to win the round in the previous match.

I think it's OK for us to call Xiaohai the best right now.

Daigo needs to form a committee to stop Xiao Hai.
He just needs to study him. Game over after that. He's studied 2 players (momochi, infil) in the past and then bopped the shit out of them. However that was in SF4.

Don't think he will do that as he needs to worry about others more. He's not at that Tokido level where he can just worry about 1-3 players. He's in that tier that is great at the game, but not a constant threat to win a stacked premier. Only Infil, Tokido, Momochi, Fuudo, and Xiaohai are at that level in my eyes. Maybe Gamerbee, but for some reason I still doubt him.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What a touching story!
Ok, for those people who want to translation, here is the brief of the story. This short movie is adapted by a real story from Xiaohai.

When Xiaohai was in high school, a silly fat boy often absent the class and play KOF with Xiaohai in arcade room, he bought game coin for Xiaohai, and even sold his bike for purchasing more game coin. The silly fat boy got beaten by his daddy and after that the fat boy disappeared in XIaohai's life.
Many years later, Xiaohai became a professional KOF player, he won many matches and became a local champion, national champion, and world champion. Once in a match Xiaohai finally saw that fat boy again, who is cheering for him. In the end, Xiaohai said that something in one's life that he can't give up, they are youth and courage. Meanwhile, there is always a silly friend in lifetime that he shouldn't forget.

That's all about this short movie.

Tripon

Next week, only 4 events I have to cover (so far, I'm sure Malice will update the stream calendar when he can).

Eclipse 2 (Smash EU major), Red Bull Proving Grounds (24 NA players from across the U.S., and Toronto Canada are flown to Santa Monica to compete for a chance for a free ride and hotel at the North America CPT regional finals that Red Bull is also organizing.) FV Cup (Last in person ranking event in Asia and overall, Bonchan is confirmed to be showing up), The 2nd Online CPT Ranking event in Asia.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";220372013]Man, SF4 is a lot slower than I remember.[/QUOTE]
The moment-to-moment gameplay is so much more intense when playing SFV.

mbpm1

Knockdowns in SF4 = Both players going back to their corners of the ring for a few moments then coming back

The struggle was real for fantasy players at SCR. Congratulations to Tripon who had three players in the top 12 which was enough to win by a slim margin!

lktIENN.png

1. Tripon - 535 points
2. ColonialHawk - 510 points
3. vulva - 460 points
4. Riou - 410 points
5. Rogue - 380 points
6. Sayad - 355 points
7. fepera - 340 points
8. Jo_Jo_X - 265 points
9. eumenes - 265 points
10. PPilot - 225 points
11. pixelish - 215 points

To see all teams' lineups and points breakdowns, check http://fantasyFGC.com

Tripon

The struggle was real for fantasy players at SCR. Congratulations to Tripon who had three players in the top 12 which was enough to win by a slim margin!

lktIENN.png

1. Tripon - 535 points
2. ColonialHawk - 510 points
3. vulva - 460 points
4. Riou - 410 points
5. Rogue - 380 points
6. Sayad - 355 points
7. fepera - 340 points
8. Jo_Jo_X - 265 points
9. eumenes - 265 points
10. PPilot - 225 points
11. pixelish - 215 points

To see all teams' lineups and points breakdowns, check http://fantasyFGC.com
Oh shit, I actually won something this weekend.

Hmm... Wonder if Bonchan can do both. :D

I didn't know they were on the same weekend. The 2nd Asian spot is still up for grabs. People on the outside have to decide what to do. I personally think FV Cup will be easier than the online tourney because every killer that can't travel can enter.

It would be smart to do both if possible. Didn't Knucledu do that one time? I swear I remember reading about it somewhere.

Top Bottom