• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I order Batwoman. SHOULD I.

Also should I order Deadpool or hope for news on the X force variant.

Damn.

Messi in FigureGAF, look at that.

Batwoman, yes. Absolutely. Why is this even a question?

Deadpool, just order from a shop that allows cancellations so you can change your mind if need be. We still don't know if X-Force Deadpool is going to be some kind of exclusive or not.

Messi

Messi in FigureGAF, look at that.

Batwoman, yes. Absolutely. Why is this even a question?

Deadpool, just order from a shop that allows cancellations so you can change your mind if need be. We still don't know if X-Force Deadpool is going to be some kind of exclusive or not.

Shit. I've been lurking for a while. I thought this was ComicsGAF.

How much is shipping on Batwoman likely to be?

what are you doing? stop buying figures and buy a PS4!

No point in buying a PS4 until there are at least a few games of interest that are either out or close to release. For me, that'll be a few months yet. Until then, you guys can keep being my beta testers. :D

Shit. I've been lurking for a while. I thought this was ComicsGAF.

How much is shipping on Batwoman likely to be?

Depending on shipping method, probably $15 USD at cheapest. But seeing as you're in Ireland, one of these UK people could give you a better idea. That Samurai_Heart guy lives in the UK, ask him. :)

LiK

No point in buying a PS4 until there are at least a few games of interest that are either out or close to release. For me, that'll be a few months yet. Until then, you guys can keep being my beta testers. :D

maybe for you, i've been enjoying it. and i guess you won't be in my Destiny posse!

Ryuuroden

I really don't have much of an interest in Destiny. It looks rad, and the story sounds cool. But the gameplay reminds me too much of a typical shoot & loot game like Borderlands. I've had enough of that for a while.

Only reason I haven't bought a PS4 yet is because none of the games I really want are out until 2015. But Dragon Age in November and the new Guilty Gear the month after are a good start.

What gave you the idea I was only buying it for Dragon Age? It's only the first of the games I'm really interested. Most of them are still coming in 2015.

but stilll.....whyyyyyyy, PC's are soo much better for games. Only waste your money on a console for exclusives and hell, I'm fine with consoles but common, if you have an option on what hardware to play a game on why wouldn't you chose the better one.

Sorry to give you bad news, but in a decade, that PC will be worth about $25, and they'll still be releasing PS4 games. :D

yeah and those PS4 games will have a decade old tech to use on it. aka, they won't look any better than that 25 dollar PC. Also doubt it will be still your original PS4, they don't make consoles like they used to. My original Nintendo and Super Nintendo still work, can't say the same about my PS2.

gokieks

Expedits are discontinued, though.

This appears so yeah. They are also not ment for that kind of weight, which I guess you both already knew. I wonder if there is a way to reinforce them.

They are still available through used sales, I was considering going that way because it looks pretty good.

KALLAX is basically a direct replacement for EXPEDIT. They're slightly thinner on the outer edge, but as long as you're not overloading the DETOLF, it really should be fine, especially if you use 1x1 units that gives you equal load bearing on both sides of each DETOLF.

Messi

Depending on shipping method, probably $15 USD at cheapest. But seeing as you're in Ireland, one of these UK people could give you a better idea. That Samurai_Heart guy lives in the UK, ask him. :)

Man. Forbidden planet in UK is charging £59.99 before shipping.

chrono01

i just noticed i have a big AmiAmi box sitting in my bedroom unopened.
ifCEsYXRZmj2z.gif

Man. Forbidden planet in UK is charging £59.99 before shipping.
As Freezasarus said, you should buy from Japan, UK/Europe figures tend to cost more especially when we don't have the convince like NA folk's Amazon XD. If you wanna avoid paying customs I recommend buying from BiginJapan (gotta tell them to mark your package down) or Nippon Yasan (they'll mark down packages without you telling them). NY is where I got Chun-Li and Cammy from with no customs =D.

Edit: Seems NY doesn't have Batwoman:
http://biginjap.com/en/us-movies-comics/10327-dc-comics-bishoujo-statue-batwoman.html BiginJap does for 6375JPY so around £37.19/46,56€
Just buy the Vita version and wait for a PS4.

I should be doing that but I'm probably going to be triple dipping on all three consoles cause I'm crazy
More or less gonna double dip if I don't have a PS4 by its release ;P, and would've been tempted to triple dip if my PS3 didn't have only 5GB left lol.
i just noticed i have a big AmiAmi box sitting in my bedroom unopened.
Lol hope it was a recent box and not been there for a while XD

But yeah I think apart from Javac, I may be one of the people whose cut back the most buying figures.
Keep thinking I'll save up easily for a PS4 that way but loads of PS3/Vita/3DS and some Wii U games releasing during these periods have made saving harder than it should lol...thinking about it there's the Tales of Xilla 2 CE coming near the end of this month XD.

chrono01

Sei Shoujo is one hell of an artist. That man knows how to draw curves.

I still regret not purchasing Mamiya Marie. The upcoming Iriza looks nice too, but it's hitting at a really bad time. Will have to pass on her too. :/

Sei Shoujo is one hell of an artist. That man knows how to draw curves.

I still regret not purchasing Mamiya Marie. The upcoming Iriza looks nice too, but it's hitting at a really bad time. Will have to pass on her too. :/

oh, those Dragon Toy ladies. I had to look them up on MFC. I had no idea what you were talking about at first.

chrono01

oh, those Dragon Toy ladies. I had to look them up on MFC. I had no idea what you were talking about at first.
Those are the ones.

They're expensive but, much like Skytube and their releases, are high in quality [from what I can see]. They appear to retain their value too, which is great for those collecting.

Yeah, I saw your post on reddit, it's a good start!

I've found most users on MFC are trustworthy, but obviously your mileage may vary.

---

I have one detolf, which has served me well, but my main display currently is an expedit. It's a poor photo, but here's what my current expedit setup looks like. About 75% of my collection is in the expedit.

Nice collection!

raven777

http://www.goodsmile.info/ja/product/4541/みくずきん.html

11,852円 + tax for msrp. 01/15 release.

I might still get her after release, but with the face and the way Max Factory stuff has been bombing, I'm not going to preorder.

9db5df143b3b692fe0bd584d1c7398f8.jpg

9,960 at amiami
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-007413&page=top
Damn, 260 mm tall. I love bigger figures, so that definitely makes her more tempting vs if she was only 200mm.

yea I am not sure about that face....something looks off.

Messi

As Freezasarus said, you should buy from Japan, UK/Europe figures tend to cost more especially when we don't have the convince like NA folk's Amazon XD. If you wanna avoid paying customs I recommend buying from BiginJapan (gotta tell them to mark your package down) or Nippon Yasan (they'll mark down packages without you telling them). NY is where I got Chun-Li and Cammy from with no customs =D.

Edit: Seems NY doesn't have Batwoman:
http://biginjap.com/en/us-movies-comics/10327-dc-comics-bishoujo-statue-batwoman.html BiginJap does for 6375JPY so around £37.19/46,50

Awesome, thanks for the help.

meijiko

I decided against the Mikuzukin after I saw her at Wonfes. I like the outfit, since it reminds me of playing Project Diva 2nd so long ago, but I really wish they'd fixed the weird chubby face from the GK. And that price really seals the "nope" from me. I doubt I'll even get her bargain binned, to be honest.

I've been realizing more and more lately just how little space I have for more figures. I don't even have a place to put poor Elf, and Senbonzakura Miku is going to stay in her box until the other three are released, which will be at least a year from now probably (since Kaito doesn't even have a prototype yet goddammit). Maybe by then we'll have moved to a house, and can display everything easily. My dream is to have a finished basement collection room, someday.

I decided against the Mikuzukin after I saw her at Wonfes. I like the outfit, since it reminds me of playing Project Diva 2nd so long ago, but I really wish they'd fixed the weird chubby face from the GK. And that price really seals the "nope" from me. I doubt I'll even get her bargain binned, to be honest.

I've been realizing more and more lately just how little space I have for more figures. I don't even have a place to put poor Elf, and Senbonzakura Miku is going to stay in her box until the other three are released, which will be at least a year from now probably (since Kaito doesn't even have a prototype yet goddammit). Maybe by then we'll have moved to a house, and can display everything easily. My dream is to have a finished basement collection room, someday.

The what?

Oh, I've just been calling her Red Riding Hood Miku.

As for figure space, I know that feel. My Elf is still boxed up, too. I think next weekend I may just dig out some boxes and swap out a few figures from the display cabinets. I really don't want the house (or even just the room) to get overrun with display cabinets and bookcases.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
THe UK cons I've been to that happen to have someone selling figs have a ridiculous mark up. Even if you paid the highest shipping, were caught by customs and dealt with a postal service that wasn't the RM for a higher handling see, the overall cost of the figure would still be less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom