• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Tower of Aion figure by OrchidSeed is all kinds of gorgeous. Also, who's making those Star Wars figures?

The smaller poseable ones? Revoltech
8b.jpg

Medicom's RAH line up for these one.

PewPewK

That Tower of Aion figure by OrchidSeed is all kinds of gorgeous. Also, who's making those Star Wars figures?

Agreed, but it's seemingly in limbo right now cause she was announced over three years ago and has had an unpainted prototype for at least two. They keep bringing her to new exhibitions, but she hasn't changed over the last two years.

Agreed, but it's seemingly in limbo right now cause she was announced over three years ago and has had an unpainted prototype for at least two.

Is that limbo? I thought that was about par for the course with Orchid Seed. That's generally the speed they usually work at.

Well shit. The Snow Miku I ordered from Nippon Yasan arrived today and I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg. :\

Her hat and hair are discolored, gold color isn't painted very well and her arm doesn't fit into the socket snuggly. I'll post pictures after lunch.

Don't order figures from Nippon Yasan!

Well shit. The Snow Miku I ordered from Nippon Yasan arrived today and I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg. :\

Her hat and hair are discolored, gold color isn't painted very well and her arm doesn't fit into the socket snuggly. I'll post pictures after lunch.

ordering from NY is fine...if its exclusive preorders

sorry about the news. Take pics and notify GSC? maybe they can help

kewlmyc

Nippon Yasan is a good site I thought. Are you positive that it's a bootleg?

ordering from NY is fine...if its exclusive preorders

sorry about the news. Take pics and notify GSC? maybe they can help

That's pretty much all I use them for so I'm not sure of their regular stock.

Yaari

Really? That sucks. I thought they were legit. I can't wait for the pictures, although that sounds pretty bad in this case, lol..

Well shit. The Snow Miku I ordered from Nippon Yasan arrived today and I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg. :

That's a shame they tend to order/get the exclusives and limited editions, you could try contacting their live chat or customer service?

Don't say that! I want my Sorceress already.... ;_;

I do too! That doesn't mean I expect to have her in-hand before 2018.

That's unfortunate. I would definitely contact them about it.

I've used them a few times in the past and haven't had an issue.

chrono01

Typical Orchid Seed development:

- Make announcement that you will be making a figure inspired by that particular piece of artwork.
- 3 years later, show the prototype of the figure to the public.
- 2 years later, show the painted prototype to the public.
- 6~12 months later, make pre-orders available.
- Delay the item 2-3 times.
- Item is finally released.

Pictures are currently uploading. I'll update this post once they're done.

What can Good Smile do for me if I contact them? I'm definitely contacting Nippon Yasan about this.

What can Good Smile do for me if I contact them? I'm definitely contacting Nippon Yasan about this.

if they confirm its a fake, they might talk to the store. Talk to NY first. IF they have a spare and are generous, they MIGHT send you one. No idea what the chance as I only heard this from MFC. But just talking to NY should solve the issue since they know they are big enough that GSC will respond to a bootleg complaint.

Yaari

I guess they will tell you they are not a distributor of theirs. Really not sure what they can do.

How was the box though, the real box was a work of art. A possible Bootleg would not have a box like that right?

Bombless

You have to talk to NY anyway, it didn't come from GSC. It's really, REALLY weird though.

Since it's a new page I'll post my pics here. (Excuse shitty phone cam pics)

I noticed something was off when I first opened the box and her left arm wasn't attached and was next to her hat:

As you can see with the following picture the paint quality is not up to good smile standard. Her gold collar looks rough, her skirt is patchy, the tie has a crack (its not dirt, I couldn't scratch it off) and the snow flakes in her hair don't look like the ones seen in her promo pictures.

The paint on her shoes are uneven and sloppy.

I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture but her hair is stained brownish and looks pretty bad in certain lighting. Her hat is also stained.

There is other various problems not shown in the pictures and I keep finding more the harder I look for them. Not impressed with it so far. Her arm that wasn't attached when I first opened her isn't fitting into the socket well either.

I guess they will tell you they are not a distributor of theirs. Really not sure what they can do.

How was the box though, the real box was a work of art. A possible Bootleg would not have a box like that right?
The box looks the same as I've seen here and around the internet but it felt kinda cheaper and the color faded. That was another hit this may have been a bootleg.

---

I sent a ticket to Nippion Yasan with some of these pictures attached. I'm not sure what they can do to help me.

Bombless

I'll check it out, just to see what it's all about since Meijiko bullied me into ordering the nendo.

Edit : You have to get better pictures than that to tell the difference.

kewlmyc

On MFC people mention receiving her from Nippon Yassan and they don't mention anything. Sounds like you just got a horrible version. The known bootlegs just don't match.
And the box being the same pretty much gives it away for me. That's too much work to copy if it were an actual bootleg.

http://myfigurecollection.net/pictures.php?search=item:153162&cid=3

Those are the bootlegs known, I doubt there's much more than shown there.

The iffy part is why the arm was off and was where the hat was.

She's finally legal. :D

26YwieN.gif

I'll check it out, just to see what it's all about since Meijiko bullied me into ordering the nendo.

Edit : You have to get better pictures than that to tell the difference.

Anything specific I should be looking for? I have a better camera and I think I took decent pictures of highlighting the flaws I found with it. Her stained white hat bugs me the most.

On MFC people mention receiving her from Nippon Yassan and they don't mention anything. Sounds like you just got a horrible version. The known bootlegs just don't match.
And the box being the same pretty much gives it away for me. That's too much work to copy if it were an actual bootleg.

http://myfigurecollection.net/pictures.php?search=item:153162&cid=3

Those are the bootlegs known, I doubt there's much more than shown there.

It could be. I have plenty of nendos and I'm really not impressed with the paint job on mine. (and the staining) It's a shame since this is a special edition nendo. :(

StayDead

You've got problems with your Snow Miku and so have I.

dhJ1OKT.png

Apparently my parcel is still awaiting payment of charges despite me paying them last week. I thought maybe the payment didn't go through but I checked my bank and it did. I need to phone parcelforce :/

MFC:
DancingQueen1391654612.jpeg

Mine:
kY6ARB9.jpg
Looking at other user pictures of MFC the most obvious error I can find is the rune decoration along the border of her skirt is inconsistent. It looks perfect in the MFC image but the runes start to hover on the right side of her skirt then get cut off on mine. Her left glove is also missing the white paint around the hand joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom