• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final day for Yooka-Laylee backers to change their platform

BackerKit surveys are being unlocked up until a deadline of Thursday 16th February 2017 – after that date no further changes will be accepted and BackerKit surveys will be locked down.

BackerKit (choose your platform here)
FAQ

The Wii U version is cancelled. If you preordered Yooka-Laylee for Wii U it's your last chance to switch to a different platform or request a refund.

I chose Wii U as my platform. What options do I have?

• Change to a PC digital Steam version (and receive Toybox Plus on PC to compensate for price difference)
  • Change to a digital console version (Xbox One, PS4 or Switch)
  • Upgrade to a physical console version w/ console Toybox code (Xbox One or PS4 – £20 upgrade cost applies)
  • Request a refund

What's the version Playtonic is actually developing now?

I want Switch version but I think I'll keep PS4 ver and wait If Switch gets physical along the way

tkscz

Already went from Wii U to Switch. Now to find out when the Switch version will even be released.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Thankfully I didn't back, but I probably would have opted for the refund, which I'd then put aside for the (hopefully eventual) retail release on the Switch.

Sponge

Banned
Hoping for a Switch retail release down the line. For now I'm gonna get the PC version and ill pick up the Switch version when retail copies are confirmed.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I wonder how much of a difference the WiiU to Switch conversion will make...

I'd love for it on the go but if it just feels like a compromised build, I may as well just get it for ps4

Is it 60fps on PS4 or Switch?

Don't know how true it is, but several posts have mentioned it's 30fps in other threads.

Which is pretty embarrassing and disappointing when it doesn't really look any better than something like Mario 3D World, and that was on the Wii U.

Tizoc

Thanks for the heads up.
I backed for a Steam key which is what my backer kit shows but holy shit.
I backed this for GBP 10. And it's base price is $40 now.

WiiU0706

When i go the backer page, all it shows that i ordered the Wii U version, i don't see an option for me make the Switch

Seems kinda sketchy to offer Switch as an option when they can't provide any details on performance or release date, but caveat emptor, I guess.

When i go the backer page, all it shows that i ordered the Wii U version, i don't see an option for me make the Switch
In https://yooka-laylee.backerkit.com/backer/review I see "Edit Pledge Questions":

8aPWJKY.png

The third question is your platform of choice.

Lynd7

That Snake Pass game was moved to Switch fast right? Gives me hope Playtonic can also knock out the Switch version sooner rather than later.

Kouichi

Originally changed to the Switch version but decided to go with PC instead. I need this game as soon as possible!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I still think it's weird to offer the Switch version without any indication of when it is coming.

Announcing the Switch version "early" made it an option for non-Wii U backers, too. The Switch is a new platform, both literally and within the context of the game's development, so giving everyone the chance to switch to it is only fair.

Cerium

That Snake Pass game was moved to Switch fast right? Gives me hope Playtonic can also knock out the Switch version sooner rather than later.

Snake Pass is UE4, Yooka-Laylee is Unity.

Sumo Digital is a well established, experienced, and technically proficient team. Playtonic has pedigree but it is nevertheless an unproven studio working on its first title.

Honestly Unity is probably also the reason why the game is 30fps on all consoles.

Lynd7

Snake Pass is UE4, Yooka-Laylee is Unity.

Sumo Digital is a well established, experienced, and technically proficient team. Playtonic has pedigree but it is nevertheless an unproven studio working on its first title.

Honestly Unity is probably also the reason why the game is 30fps on all consoles.

I had a feeling. Hope they move away from Unity on their next game then.

Top Bottom