• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15 and Final Fantasy VS13 comparison

sjay1994

So I saw an article that took a few shots from VS13's original trailers and compared them to the new TGS trailer for 15. I wasn't really paying attention to VS13 back then since I never played a FF game before. But after playing 10 and 7 getting a feel for the series, I decided to start paying more attention to 15.

Honestly I was under the impression the game hadn't changed much from the original footage because what I remember seeing back then looked really good... but god damn I wasn't expecting this much of a jump.

final-fantasy-versus-13.jpg

VS13

final-fantasy-15-ps4.png

final-fantasy-versus-13-stella.png

VS13

final-fantasy-15.png

thuway

One looks like a PS2 game the other looks like it could be mistake for CG. Amazing jump in quality. I just hope they hit 1080p.

Mr. RPG

Well duh guys, that was the PS3 and this is the PS4.

You would expect a graphical leap with a huge transition like that.

8 GB of RAM don't lie!

sn00zer

Im a bit worried about the combat. Newest vid seems more like Assassins Creed where you wait for animations, unlike initial vids where the attacks were quicker and animations shorter.

BrunoM

I like the realistic and natural looking hue in FFXV vs the clear..."gaminess" in color of Versus XIII personally.
I agree and I do see that a lot around here and gamers in general .. Gamers us what ever people want to call it tend to say I like more so and so colors tend to forget how things actually look like in the real world ..

But I do understand I see my self call for that here and there

But to the point I like the colors in ff15 13v

Im a bit worried about the combat. Newest vid seems more like Assassins Creed where you wait for animations, unlike initial vids where the attacks were quicker and animations shorter.

I have to agree, but it might be because they are showing early fights in the game, before you get upgrades and stuff. IIRC KH1 had you basically do the same 3-4 hit combo over and over for a good long time. Really hoping the speed and depth from previous trailers are still in the game.

Yeah I'm just attributing that to the TGS trailer being demo content where we're low-level for now, but I'm cautious.

Cheeky

Why am I so excited about what is basically 4 Justin Beibers going bunny bashing with dinosaurs? NFI

Please, this will be more akin to 4 bros going on a roadtrip then 4 justin biebers bashing dinosaurs.

At least i hope, but from what i am seeing, it seems to be based around friendship more then justin bieber.

It will be the greatest roadtrip video game ever. I wonder if its possible to get them all drunk and watch events just unfold.

That would be cool, but they are already driving around without seatbelts! The potential drunk driving could set a bad example!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Is this game still coming out for PS3 or S-E have completely moved development to current-gen platforms?

Just PS4 and Xbox One. Probably PC down the road.

can't really compare the 2, one had 9 more years of development than the other
watch a December 2015 release of FF15 in the US, F U still Square

sn00zer

Im guess that they will be sing the tradition "gameplay" and "close up" model switches in which they use slightly more complex models for in game cutscenes. Luckily the gap is much smaller now.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
final-fantasy-15.png

Are you sure this is a real time in-game model and not a CGI? i find it hard to believe.

Just look at the hair. And some parts of the upper arm and shoulders look a bit sharp at times.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
That Stella part looked mind blowingly good. Wish they didn't change her design that much though. :|

Top Bottom