• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15: Yebis 2 “Only” Used in E3 2013 Trailer, Further Usage Uncertain

Philippo

So they're still unsure on which lightning enigne use?
God, this game just seems to be pushed further and further every time.

Bazztek

Banned
The 2013 trailers is definitely is using the same models as from the 2011 trailer, although the textures do look more detailed now, but that is more than likely a result of the improved lighting from Luminous.

What is possible is in the 2011 trailer they used some downsized assets for the PS3 build, while now on the current PC build they are using the original masters, the animation and general movement is the same too between 2011 and now.

Although I feel that this would only apply just from the 2013 Lucis footage, the models in the Accordo footage looked more detailed and polished than the Lucis footage, so they might even have updated masters now.
lGPSHUa.jpg

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Oh wow you made a valid super point. Even animations are 1:1. Good stuff.

mclem

What is a target render?

I looked it up, I don't understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_Target

Render Target and Target Render are two different things

Render Target is what's described there - simply where the current rendered pixels are ending up. Generally that'd be the framebuffer (which is what gets sent to the screen), but there are reasons you might want to assign a different render target for various effects.

A target render is a demonstration of what you *want* a game to look like, using more powerful systems and a fixed, scripted sequence to save time. It's meant to be representative of the final game, although frequently they don't live up to them.

Shinta

Banned
The 2013 trailers is definitely is using the same models as from the 2011 trailer, although the textures do look more detailed now, but that is more than likely a result of the improved lighting from Luminous.

What is possible is in the 2011 trailer they used some downsized assets for the PS3 build, while now on the current PC build they are using the original masters, the animation and general movement is the same too between 2011 and now.

Although I feel that this would only apply just from the 2013 Lucis footage, the models in the Accordo footage looked more detailed and polished than the Lucis footage, so they might even have updated masters now.
lGPSHUa.jpg

Well ... that definitely does look the same, but with some kind of improvements. Nice job with the screen captures.

This definitely does change my mind. I had no idea XV would have assets in it from 2011, and earlier.

Shinta

Banned
Hmm. This means the game could be pretty far along by now if they're not rebuilding every single thing.

Now I'm even more unsure why they haven't shown anything. They definitely have more to show than this.

Zomba13

lGPSHUa.jpg

Is the black menu from more recent stuff? I liked how minimalist the UI looked.

Labadal

I was thinking this would be a fall 2015 release. I now consider ths vaporware for the time being.

Just give an Ito FFXVI with Tabata as cutscene director and Yoshida as head of the artists.

heiyu

i bought a ps3 for this game that never came out. i sure hope to see new footage on TGS that keeps me hyped or xenoblade chronicles x and wii u here i come

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I was thinking this would be a fall 2015 release. I now consider ths vaporware for the time being.

Consider it's one year we don't get to see anything about the game, that means one year of secret development and rebuilding. Fall 2015 will be two years of development, with more added years if you consider they're working on this on full scale from 2011. I think there's a chance the game will be quite amazing and on time for 2015 at least in Japan.

Damn. I thought for sure we were seeing actual gameplay. Even though the gameplay looked a bit scripted at times, I thought they had something special going on which would help explain the 8 year delay...

The twist is they just started actual development.

man that would suck. It seems like it is completely in the realm of possibility though

If they were doing stylized visuals instead of hyper realism this game might be out already.

Labadal

Consider it's one year we don't get to see anything about the game, that means one year of secret development and rebuilding. Fall 2015 will be two years of development, with more added years if you consider they're working on this on full scale from 2011. I think there's a chance the game will be quite amazing and on time for 2015 at least in Japan.

I hope it will be amazing, that much I do know. I am expecting it to be decent. I hope it isn't terrible.

^That sums up my feelings.

Golnei

I hope it will be amazing, that much I do know. I am expecting it to be decent. I hope it isn't terrible.

^That sums up my feelings.

At least the soundtrack will be amazing, even if the game is a half-finished mess that sinks SE forever.

Sakujou

Banned
Please just kill this game. Announcing again and again this game and then showing nothing for years. And the fans are glad about that. SE has just lost it long time ago.

If its coming, then its going to be ps5.

wmlk

Let's get this out of the way. The footage in this video is definitely gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A

There's even another video where there's slightly different footage with more grunts from Noctis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwm...eature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_3591058439

I highly doubt that this is a target render.

I think it's safe to say that the game will look like if not better than what that screenshot is showing. FF never slouches on visuals, and this is using older assets.

We can only hope that the game reaches the target render's level of fidelity.

Labadal

Let's get this out of the way. The footage in this video is definitely gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A

There's even another video where there's slightly different footage with more grunts from Noctis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwm...eature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_3591058439

I highly doubt that this is a target render.

I think it's safe to say that the game will look like if not better than what that screenshot is showing. FF never slouches on visuals, and this is using older assets.

We can only hope that the game reaches the target render's level of fidelity.

They did the same for FFXIII. Until I see someone hold a controller and play the game, everything is a target render to me. It's the best thing for my sanity.

orochi91

Will FFXV retain that modern Japanese city look from the Versus13 trailers?

From the old Versus13 trailer, you were fighting a Behemoth in the middle of a modern
street at night, along with riding mechs.

The recent trailers of FFXV seem to show a heavy European styled influence with regards
to infrastructure and setting. Which is disappointing.

Labadal

From the old Versus13 trailer, you were fighting a Behemoth in the middle of a modern

The recent trailers of FFXV seem to show a heavy European styled influence with regards

Different cities, I think. There are supposed to be cities inspired by Tokyo and Venice.

Bazztek

Banned

Those are two different kingdoms, the Venice inspired kingdom from the 2013 trailers is Accordo, the Shinjuku inspired kingdom seen most trailers is Lucis.

The 2013 trailer also showed new Lucis footage but from a different location in the kingdom from the 2011 trailers, the 2013 Lucis footage was in the same location as where the 2006 trailer takes place, which is probably supposed to function be like a modern castle tower of sorts since it seems fairly central to the kingdom, while in 2011 they showed more of the street areas, but you could still see the tower in the background at certain points.

The starting point of the game would be Lucis, then after that prologue of the game we'd probably then get access to the world map where we then can travel to the medieval kingdoms around the rest of the world.

Top Bottom