• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 16 PC version could launch after the PS5 release according to Sony advert

bitbydeath

Final Fantasy 16 might not be coming to PC on the same day as PS5 after all, if a Brazilian PS5 advert is correct.
When Final Fantasy 16 was first revealed last year at a PlayStation showcase, it was quietly announced that the game would also be arriving on PC. While many took that to mean the game would arrive on PC at the same time as PS5, that might not necessarily be the case.
Over on the PlayStation Brazil YouTube channel, a video was uploaded that focuses on upcoming PS5 games like Deathloop, Ghostwire: Tokyo, and Final Fantasy 16. The small print at the bottom of the screen during the trailer says that Final Fantasy 16 (via Google Translate) "not available on other platforms for a limited time after launching on PS5", which seemingly contradicts speculation that it'll launch on PC at the same time.

AceofJakes

"contradicts speculation"??? We dont even know when the games coming out and they are basing this shit on speculation.

The only thing we know is that it'll also be on PC. That's it. The only trailer we had said it at the end. I hate these nothing articles that try and spin shit for no reason.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Will I be able to buy a PS5 by then tho?

Actually here we're constantly getting batches of PS5's, and it's not too hard to secure one the further we go ahead. If I was Sony I would aim more towards the US as that where the real conflict between PS5 and XSX. Here it's enjoying near complete dominance with no official release of xboxes, nor local eStore, although you can get one as well if you one from some shops.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I would have been shocked if it came out on PC at the same time. The news that PC will come after the PS5 version is unsurprising and expected. Us PC gamers always get screwed with Square Enix games.

Outrunner

Actually here we're constantly getting batches of PS5's, and it's not too hard to secure one the further we go ahead. If I was Sony I would aim more towards the US as that where the real conflict between PS5 and XSX. Here it's enjoying near complete dominance with no official release of xboxes, nor local eStore, although you can get one as well if you one from some shops.

Where is here?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Where is here?

_UzL1qDVrbXwZRVpCFZaEtN8UvUrwUPDCpXpMVpQPD89HlhO3AHYth4jkGsi8JSgywmDXrgj5EVX3_LzxOOv7wmCeS-SbClUnqk3

Where-is-Salalah-Located-What-Country-is-Salalah-in-Salalah-Map.jpg

johntown

Banned
Given that PC still have not seen FFVII Remake and most FF games get a 1 year Sony exclusive this seems pretty normal to me. All the Final Fantasy games will eventually come to PC but they are almost always exclusive to Playstation first.

EDMIX

Did anyone expect that? Sony is too greedy for it being the same day.

lol

I'm saying, why even have the deal? The deal is clearly to get people to buy PS5's, thus they would not do a same day thing. (unlikely anyway)

Celcius

°Temp. member
Very annoying.
I actually do have a PS5 so maybe I'll grab it on there instead, though I'm wondering if the PC version will come with extra content whenever it does come out.

Genx3

Sony paying more 3rd parties to stay off Xbox.

Then they wonder why XGS keeps buying chit out.
Last time Sony bought Death Loop and Ghost Wire exclusivity XGS bought the whole damn Zenimax.
Up next: Square Enix...

bitbydeath

Sony paying more 3rd parties to stay off Xbox.

Then they wonder why XGS keeps buying chit out.
Last time Sony bought Death Loop and Ghost Wire exclusivity XGS bought the whole damn Zenimax.
Up next: Square Enix...
Most Square Enix games don’t release on Xbox, this is nothing new. It’s not their targeted audience.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Yeah I’m done rewarding square for shity practices. I will wait

Last edited:

Bkdk

Not really excited for ff16, I want ff7R part 2, ff6, 9 remake a lot more. Will wait for the far superior pc version with mods because no rush to play at launch.

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
Yeah check RE: Village out.

Runs perfect on consoles. Stutters big time on a 3090 and 10900k.

Get your shit together and accept the hard truth.

More PC master race butthurts to the ignore list.

Or go on and cry: MUH BAD PC PORT. MUH BAD PC OPTIMIZATION. MUH BAD GAME. MUH BAD DEVELOPER. Same story for the last 10 years.
Not having those problem on exactly the same spec…

Unknown?

This is better for everyone. They can focus on making it one system so it is a better product then focus on the PC port so it's not a bad port.

Kimahri

Banned
This is better for everyone. They can focus on making it one system so it is a better product then focus on the PC port so it's not a bad port.
Yeah, better for everyone. Especially those pc gamers who will sit and wait for nothing on word about when and if they'll ever get to play it.

They're fully capable of making both versions at the same time. This is just the same tired old bullshit that's only tolerated in the gaming world.

Top Bottom