• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 16 Will Be PlayStation 5 Exclusive For Only 6 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A recent PlayStation 5 advert showcased a montage of numerous available and upcoming games for the console, some with a footnote that specified its release window, and when showing a clip on Final Fantasy 16, the footnote read, "Final Fantasy XVI anticipated Summer 2023. PS5 exclusive for six months."

Though definitely an interesting tidbit of info, it's unfortunately not as straightforward as it may seem. Many fans and analysts discovered that Final Fantasy 16's first trailer, which was streamed in 2020, listed it as a PlayStation console exclusive that would also be available on PC.

However, the trailer's re-upload on the official PlayStation YouTube channel was changed to only show the PS5 logo at the end of the video. Publication Gematsu specifically asked Square Enix about this back in 2020, and the publisher's response was "We have no further information on if FF16 will be released on platforms other than the PS5."

Go here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/new-...ys-exclusive-for-at-least-six-months.1644867/

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I never understand the point Sony wasting money to keep a game exclusive for couple of month, I rather Sony spend money actual funding project that wouldn't be possible without their help.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I never understand the point Sony wasting money to keep a game exclusive for couple of month, I rather Sony spend money actual funding project that wouldn't be possible without their help.
The point is to make everyone think it's permanently exclusive or will only release on PC later. By the time it actually becomes multiplat, most have already bought it on there platform. Why would they want people to hold on and wait for the exclusivity to disappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom