• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good! Ah man, oddly enough I'm not as excited as I was during the potential announcement at PSX last year, but I'll be super happy to be able to play this someday.

I don't think it'll be anytime soon though. Still, hopefully Nomura & Nojima can rekindle the spirit of FFVII.

Luckilly, I've never been one that needs remakes done a certain way. The original game is as is and thankfully still playable. They can do what they like with the remake, mirror the original or freshen things up, I'm down for anything so long as it's good.

I do think it was a weird timing for the announcement. Sure, E3 is big and all, but they could've done this at PSX after the lame tease since it's not like it's going to be ready soon. Waiting to just announce it now seems rather pointless and early.

They'll have to show gameplay at the TGS, but think about the remotely possibility of a alpha/demo code in FFXV, will it beat Destiny/GTA sales?

Yeah it's coming to Xbox most likely. Otherwise they would've said "console exclusive." Great news that this is actually happening, but I wonder when we can expect this to come out.

Lynd7

I dunno, its probably going to be heavily changed from the source, tone wise. I bet all the silly stuff will be taken out.

HE KNEW

jDnXPBB.jpg
It was him all along.

woopWOOP

Yeah, they'll probably insert a bunch of those dopey spinoff characters into the story, cut out chunks of the honeybee inn section and other things (I expect nearly none of those goofy random encounter monsters will return), but that's alright for me. A more realistic-looking take on FF7's story with locations in beautiful 3D sounds pretty sweet to me.

Afterall, the original isn't going anywhere. In fact, that one gets a PS4 release too!

AwShucks

So gameplay:

Should it be turn based or go towards something real time?

It better damn well be turn based.

I don't see how you can change it without alienating a lot of fans. You going to design real-time battle for every character? If people couldn't choose a party and control then I think they would be mad. I would be

Not really excited about this since VII has never been a favorite of mine, but I guess it had to happen eventually.

I hope they at least keep it a turn based RPG, and that the honeybee inn part doesn't get censored.

dickroach

So after rewatching the trailer...I am pretty sure their plan is to cover the entire main game and then a time period after it. I mean that is pretty clearly hinted at in the title...you are seeing parts of time that weren't covered in FF7.

I've watched it three times now; I think what they're showing is supposed to be the beginning of the game. you see flowers wilting because Shinra has just started sucking the mako out of the earth yada yada.
They'll probably give a little backstory starting from the end of Crisis Core. That final shot of Cloud walking by the train tracks is probably that.

I think the narrator is moreso talking to the audience than setting up a timeframe for the game, "we remember," "at last the promise has been made," and all that shit.

Draconian

I can't wait to play this game, but the feeling is bittersweet because this kind of announcement is everything that infuriates me about the modern Square Enix. All CGI, assigned to a director already working on another game that isn't coming out anytime soon, and no indication of a release window. It's like these guys make a decision and then high five each other at the conference table and immediately make a trailer of it and announce it before development has even started. There's absolutely no reason to announce a game so early, and they do it time and time again.

Eidan

I don't think this game can live up to the nostalgia people have for it. I enjoyed the game back in the day, but I've already played it, and I don't need to play it again. I'd rather Square spent their money on a new game, but I guess I'm in the extreme minority.

You most certainly are.

yankee666

Shenmue III, TLG, and this. Im feeling like a child again. So happy!!!

Btw im 35 and a.tear rolled trough my cheeck with those announcements, you are not alone guys

Tenebrous

Not really excited about this since VII has never been a favorite of mine, but I guess it had to happen eventually.

I hope they at least keep it a turn based RPG, and that the honeybee inn part doesn't get censored.

This is my biggest fear... I don't want them to change it - just bring the graphics up to date.

VI & IX are still better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom