• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I wonder if the trailer was just made after the awful backlash the PC port got a few months ago, and they actually have not done any other work besides what was shown today.

Artanisix

BibleThump.png

DREAMS DO COME TRUE

I've always felt this:

FF7's 1st disc length should have been just in midgar.
2nd disc length should have been a more fleshed-out world.
3rd disc length should have been everything after you know who, ending when they make it to the crater.

Most of the 2nd disc was time-wasting nonsense thrown together like a fanfic to artificially lengthen the game. Just awful. Cut that shit, please.

Please, don't get rid of the world map. Please.

Swamped

Banned
I am not big on FF7, but I am really happy for the fans. If it ever comes to PC, I will give it a try for sure.

Hopefully we FF6 fans can have a remake too, someday.

THAT'S what I really want to see. Although, somehow, I never got around to playing FF7 so I'm actually really excited about this remake!

Neku89

I hope that it won't be the next "Versus XIII", aka announced today and to be released in 2025. Square is working on FFVII:R, FFXV and KH3 at the same time, that's brutal!

The only things that can top this is Chrono Trigger full remake on home consoles, Earthbound 1-3 remade on home consoles, or *weep* Itoi coming back for Mother 4.

E3 2015, the year shit got real

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
PS4 first means PC down the line, i dont expect an XB1 port. Still, this is a large grab for Sony

HiroTSK5

Am I the only one who watched that trailer and thought they were making a real sequel to FF7, the language in that trailer was a little misleading.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Can't even imagine the amount of content that will need to be cut to get this game into a manageable size. 2017 at the earliest (coinciding with the 20th Anniversary.)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel like this is the next Versus/TLG. SE, no date at all, trailer didn't show the actual game.

We have a long time ahead y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom