• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHl1WN9WUAAa7bc.jpg

I'm crying.

Psht I already knew even before the footage rolled on this part.

DVuzdwT.jpg

I knew it was the Lifestream!

Zomba13

FFVII has always been a dark, gritty game with bits of light-heartedness sprinkled here ans there.

But the people were all low poly and the backgrounds were pixely! You can't be dark and gritty like that! waaaaah!

completely ignoring that the battles had realistic proportioned characters and they looked dark and gritty and gross (in the case of Jenovah and some monsters).

Feichaw

Why would number 1 not happen?

I'm not saying that it won't happen. I've just said that they shouldn't be available normally, but I recognize that what I think isn't what people want now.

I mean, I think they should preserve the game as it was as much as possible, but that's just me.

No, probably PC eventually though. This is another SF5 situation.

That's how I interpreted it as well.
And after being burnt by Tomb Raider releasing on the same day as Fallout 4, I severely doubt Square-Enix will be doing any further major favours for Microsoft this gen.

Jatrid

Neo Member
1. 100% sure this is gonna happen.

2. Also 100% sure this is gonna happen...

3. Also 100% sure this is gonna happen...

4. This, I'm not so sure about. I wouldn't be surprised if they tinkered with the original storyline. For one, the new translation will make the game feel quite a lot different. Secondly, they'll probably add Compilation bits here and there.

But about that
*Aerith dying bit
, I'm also 100% sure that's still going to be the case. FFVII wouldn't be FFVII without that. I'm not sure why anyone would be worried about that.

Vincent and Yuffie is cool but I still like the mystery of meeting them and unlocking them, that first battle with Yuffie thinking she's some weird weak boss then eventually let her join. Finding this chained up coffin and out pop this dude, I want people to discover that again (well maybe someone that hasn't play VII)

Crisium

It is happening. The first of the four horsemen ushering in the apocalypse and 1000 years of Darkness.

1. Final Fantasy VII Remake
The Last Guardian
Half-Life 3
Shenmue 3

Prepare for the end.

theofficefan99

I'm not saying that it won't happen. I've just said that they shouldn't be available normally, but I recognize that what I think isn't what people want now.

I mean, I think they should preserve the game as it was as much as possible, but that's just me.

Well, it's a remake. It'll probably feel quite different.

Zomba13

Why do people keep posting about the dead characters from FFVIIBC? Yeah, you don't like them because they were shitty and not needed same as everyone. You don't need to act like they will be forced in when they are dead.

Where is all the "I can't wait till Zack is made a party member!" posts?

I really want to find the note I wrote in middle school with the changes I want in a FF7 remake.

I do remember wanting:
-Full VA (Check that box)
-Multiple difficulties (Check that box)
-Armor equips to be shown on character (I think alternate costumes are a possibility)
-Classic mode and Action RPG Mode (Funny enough Action RPG mode has a good shot, FFXV style. Not expecting both though)

No matter what, I'll be happy. If they hit some of these, that's just frosting on the cake.

loved the trailer.

My only gripe is that Barret's arm looks too small. I loved the oversized gun-arm he had, but in this trailer it looks kinda too small.

HeelPower

People screamed and threw popcorn at the screen here in PS show at Montreal.

Amazing that they moved FFXV's elite staff to make this game.

This is great for SE because all the meandering negativity regarding FFXV is over.

This was the biggest shock of them all, what the hell happened between PSX last year to now? Was it an elaborate red herring to show to port? Was it decided from the negative reaction? I would love to find out someday

I think it was obvious the backlash took them off guard and they changed course.

There's been almost no word about the PS4 port since the announcement, which means they went back to the drawing board.

I made fun of the FO4 fanboys preordering the Pip Boy edition of the game. But I think I'm probably going to go for the full monty edition of FF7R. I mean...This is a once in a lifetime gaming event.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
CHl1WN9WUAAa7bc.jpg

I'm crying.

This literally gave me goosebumps. I felt like I was reliving the game's world all over again seeing them come back with this "we're back so chill'' attitude.

Cloud with his buster sword on his back shuffling through the crowd was euphoric.

I had to go see GAF's reaction. I was at the theater.

Why do people keep posting about the dead characters from FFVIIBC? Yeah, you don't like them because they were shitty and not needed same as everyone. You don't need to act like they will be forced in when they are dead.

Where is all the "I can't wait till Zack is made a party member!" posts?

But Zack already was a party member in FF7.

anaron

But the people were all low poly and the backgrounds were pixely! You can't be dark and gritty like that! waaaaah!

completely ignoring that the battles had realistic proportioned characters and they looked dark and gritty and gross (in the case of Jenovah and some monsters).

oh please

no one is denying how dark VII could be but the fact is, much of its presentation and aesthetic is rooted in hyperstylized, cartoonish
charm and as such, lent itself to both a dark and light tone without feeling out of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom