• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric

I hope they don't bring Aeris back, if they really want to add another secret playable character I'd rather it be Rufus. Still, I'd prefer it if they kept the party as is.

Bluenoser

We need clarification about this. Nothing will make me more happier than this game never coming to the XB1.

See I don't understand that attitude. I personally don't get any joy of seeing gamers deprived of games they want to play but I will say this.

If there is a delay so this can be brought to XB1 like they said they wouldn't do, but did with FFXIII on last gen, and then with FFVersusXIII on current gen, I will be very very pissed off.

As long as they work on it for PS4, and bring it to us as promised, I don't give a flying fuck what they do after that.

Eidan

I assume this remake will add a little bit of side content as other remade/updated/advanced versions of Final Fantasy games have done in the past. But what do you guys think about them eventually releasing DLC for this? Obviously I mean down the line (don't want to give them any bad ideas), but in the future just adding substantial side content to a beloved classic.

Personally, I will take all the Final Fantasy VII I can get. So I would like it as long as it is tastefully done and spaced out to where it does not come off as some obvious cut content DLC cash grab.
What do you think Yuffie and Vincent will be?

Pay $4.99 to play as the thieving ninja, Yuffie!
Pay $4.99 to play as the mysterious ex-Turk, Vincent!
Pre-order now for the exclusive boss battle against Emerald Weapon!
Buy the season pass and get all of the above, and an extra quest in Wutai!

Modernization indeed.

See I don't understand that attitude. I personally don't get any joy of seeing gamers deprived of games they want to play but I will say this.

If there is a delay so this can be brought to XB1 like they said they wouldn't do, but did with FFXIII on last gen, and then with FFVersusXIII on current gen, I will be very very pissed off.

As long as they work on it for PS4, and bring it to us as promised, I don't give a flying fuck what they do after that.

If anything, we as gamers should encourage these types of games to be on as many platforms as possible. Games like this and Shenmue 3 (in my opinion) don't deserve to be platform-exclusive. FFVII because it's an obvious classic and Shenmue...well because as a diehard Sega (and DC) fan, I want as many people in the world to experience the Shenmue universe.

I wish both games would come to XB1 and Wii U. But, at least they both seem to potentially be coming to PC, so that's cool at least.

I'm happy to see this game get made, and if it's because Sony had to step in to (at least partially) fund it, it makes sense that they should get exclusive rights to it. But that doesn't mean we as gamers should celebrate a portion of the gaming population not having a chance to play it, though.

We need clarification about this. Nothing will make me more happier than this game never coming to the XB1.

As an Xbox one owner I hope your wrong. This game deserves to be played by as many people possible to experience it and make jrpgs more popular again to the masses.

I don't think it will come to the Xbox one. But I will be very happy if it does.

this should be bannable

^

Freedom of speech. User didn't say anything harmful towards another user.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390708

NeoGAF operates under a closed membership policy. Membership is granted or refused based solely on the judgment of the administration and is not a right. Membership can be revoked at any time for any reason.

No, you don't have free speech.

XB1 needs to burn to the ground for May 2013.

Port Begging is bannable IIRC. Why can't the same logic be applied to anti port begging?

Pagusas

Elden Member
omg I cant wait to see the Highwind in HD!!!!

Highwind-ffvii-fmv-docked.png

I'm really worried the Steam/Cyber Punk look will be lost with the switch in art style, Things like the electric wires in midgar crackling, the very shadow heavy scenes, and the haunting music all need to be taken care of extremely well.

Ok so lets me get this straight
1. People were begging for a remake
2. SE decides to do it.
3. People now worry about whether its will action based or turn based

Seriously? Why dont you guys just enjoy this moment? ;_;

Agreed. It doesn't actually matter if it's turn-based or action, we'll all buy it day 1.

Let's not act like FF7's battle system is GOAT nor that Square can make an action game as good as Platinum.

What really matters is that they capture the atmosphere, characters, and the music.

How do you make that jump...

I just feel that there is no reason for the pc port of ffvii if they are doing a remake.

Until more details come out I will be a bit weary. I really want to see a full blown remake that had voice acting and amazing graphics. See more of midgar bigger towns etc but have the core gameplay.

Turn based is the best.

Never played the original. I'm curious to see the gameplay vids for the PS4 version. Disappointed its not a 2015 title - I mean, they've had enough time.

martino

Ok so lets me get this straight
1. People were begging for a remake
2. SE decides to do it.
3. People now worry about whether its will action based or turn based

Seriously? Why dont you guys just enjoy this moment? ;_;

I'm only worried by the when...
This will probably be the versus 13 of this gen and it makes me sad to think this.

AgeEighty

Why remove Cait Sith? Which brings the point... I still don't get the hate he always got from the fandom.

It's not his design I hate, it's the explanation of who and what he really is. Like... he's a human who's controlling a robot controlling another robot? How does he work it? Why build it in such a convoluted way? And why does he keep using it after he's been found out, even years later in Advent Children? It's just so stupid and nonsensical.

martino

Relevant xkcd

------

Anyway, the way it was worded at the Square conference "making it for PS4" (and not "for console") makes me think it'll really be PS4 + PC

Wasn't it first on ps4 ?

edit : yep, it's play it first on ps4.
Near the same wording for tomb raider
But need confirmation...i wouldn't be surprise to see japan company not support xbox with current sony domaniation (that will probably get stronger before this e3)

Pagusas

Elden Member
It's not his design I hate, it's the explanation of who and what he really is. Like... he's a human who's controlling a robot controlling another robot? How does he work it? Why build it in such a convoluted way? And why does he keep using it after he's been found out, even years later in Advent Children? It's just so stupid and nonsensical.

He's a coward and cant fight, but his little robot can. I mean in Advent Children they got rid of the giant puffy robot at least.

Edit: Looks like in Advent Children Complete they added a shot of him on his Moogle

cait-sith-riding-his-moogle-1024x576.png

XB1 needs to burn to the ground for May 2013.

Yikes. It's just a video game console, chill. If the game comes to XB1, great! More people get to play a historic game. There are FF fans on both consoles. If it doesn't, I'm still going to play the shit out of it on PS4. I just hope SE doesn't deviate too far from the original's mechanics.

Wasp

I can't imagine Advent Children Cloud riding a dolphin or realistic Red XIII disguised as a Shinra soldier. I bet this won't be a 1:1 remake and they'll just skip or replace many of the scenes like these.

Just watched the trailer again.

So much of midgar gives me hope. I really can't wait.

The "play it first on PlayStation 4" makes me think it may be a timed exclusive. As it would say exclusive to PlayStation 4 otherwise no? I know it's coming to pc as well so it may just be the pc version will take longer.

I really didn't see the hype in this game but I'm really hyped now!

Jarnet87

Never played the original. I'm curious to see the gameplay vids for the PS4 version. Disappointed its not a 2015 title - I mean, they've had enough time.

I'm hoping at Gamescon or TGS we get some backstory on when this project started. Nomura as director does make a little curious about some changes being made. If you are going to do just a 100% straight port with graphical changes why not just have Kitase as producer and director.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom