• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugg. The FFVII Remake on Xbox One talk is getting old. Kagari was right, this is going to get insufferable.

Adam Boyes said they'd be able to talk about how long this'll be PS4 exclusive later on. My guess is that they're still negotiating, and once that's done they'll say. I can't wait, because I'm tired of all of this already. Distracts from the conversation.

I don't even get what the obsession with exclusivity is around here anyway. The early pages of the thread are filled with 'lol not exclusives' 'loool can't believe its not even exclusive' etc etc. Can we not just be hyped that we're getting a full remake of one of the most important games of the last two decades?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have to say, after this I'm a believer and if Suiko VI is not a real thing we'll have words, Verendus.
If Suikoden VI is not a thing, there will be only tears.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ugg. The FFVII Remake on Xbox One talk is getting old. Kagari was right, this is going to get insufferable.
Tbf, given the time this will actually get released and the rate the the PS4 is selling it might not be worth releasing on X1 and will become PS4 exclusive by default.

Koozek

I figured S-E had learnt their lesson with the Versus fiasco, but it seems they still like to annouce things too early. Though I suspect KHIII is releasing earlier than we think. FFXV I'm honestly not seeing it until 2017, and the Remake... who knows, if they don't encounter the typical S-E development problems like: "We changed engines mid-development", "We had to redo most of the script because the marketing thought the main character was too manly", "We totally don't have talented guys like Ito to do things" (all big hits for years) then MAYBE a late Japan 2017 release would not be too far-fetched considering it has been a year and half or so in development

In case you mean late 2017: come on... This is so overly pessimistic and unrealistic. Fall 2016 absolutly makes sense. The game is coming along and they confirmed that the full game's main promotion campaign starts soon at gamescom in August.

Tbf, given the time this will actually get released and the rate the the PS4 is selling it might not be worth releasing on X1 and will become PS4 exclusive by default.

Pretty much this, sales on the PS4 alone will eclipse the later release of an X1 version. I mean who cares if it's released on X1. Just a vocal minority who don't want a PC or PS4.

I really wish this industry was more transparent, but businesses have to be businesses.

Adam Boyes said they'd be able to talk about how long this'll be PS4 exclusive later on. My guess is that they're still negotiating, and once that's done they'll say. I can't wait, because I'm tired of all of this already. Distracts from the conversation.

I don't even get what the obsession with exclusivity is around here anyway. The early pages of the thread are filled with 'lol not exclusives' 'loool can't believe its not even exclusive' etc etc. Can we not just be hyped that we're getting a full remake of one of the most important games of the last two decades?

I'm sure they're waiting until PSX (if it's happening again this year) with the "more info this winter" statement. Quick gameplay teaser, with the full title with actual info on platform exclusivity sounds like a safe bet. Plus hopefully more details on the game like combat system, world map, etc.

Wazzy

Banned
On the topic of reviving Aeris, which I obviously think would be a horrible decision, I was thinking instead they might just write more of her into the plot once the death happens. Maybe we'll get some Lifestream moments or maybe she'll play a role in other aspects before the ending happens.

Though man, that ending. As much as the cliffhanger pissed me off the whole aspect of Aeris saving everyone and Cloud knowing while the music starts still gives me goosebumps.

Kain

In case you mean late 2017: come on... This is so overly pessimistic and unrealistic. Fall 2016 absolutly makes sense. The game is coming along and they confirmed that the full game's main promotion campaign starts soon at gamescom in August.

In the west? Very late 2016 - early 2017 at best I think.

Yes, I am pessimistic, I'm a Suikoden fan after all xD

Chobel

TLG is a game everyone has been crying about for years, and some have believed it was dead. I don't really think a PS3 announcement six years ago means it's already announced.

Also, no need to hide. I did kind of warn that Dreams isn't a traditional big announcement, so I was expecting a mixed reaction. Having said that, it seems like it's mostly confusion. It's going to take a while for that to sink in. It's a crazy concept though, and it's the next big thing from Media Molecule, so it's something to look forward to. It's only problem really is that it's different, so it's not easy to convey the kind of excitement you can get from more straightforward stuff.

Thanks for answers!

BTW what happened with Level 5 game?

Verendus

Banned
I have to say, after this I'm a believer and if Suiko VI is not a real thing we'll have words, Verendus.
Well, people keep saying Konami is dead. They're alive, but they're dead. What does that even mean? Also, if a new Suikoden wasn't a thing, let's be honest, I'd be having your tears rather than you having any words.

Thanks for answers!

BTW what happened with Level 5 game?
Please be excited.

About all that can be said.

Snakeyes

Yeah, I'm with you on that. Most of the sales are going to be on PS4 anyway, so there's very little incentive for Sony to fork over more money for straight up exclusivity aside from winning gaming message board arguments.

Can we go back to talking about the game now?

Verendus, can you comment on Nomura's musings on a potential FF6 remake or the S-E CEO referring to a Tactics sequel as an "unannounced" project?

Koozek

I told you I was originally expecting half of it. Obviously, I can't just drop everything and make it clear as day. I'm sensible.

It won't delay FFXVI. Different people, different challenges etc. If that gets delayed, it's its own fault.

When I say that I don't think it's in full production, what I mean is the following: they're still going over design decisions for the game. I'm not talking minor things, but major stuff. The script needs an overhaul, and since there's a lot of stuff in FF7, they're in the process of determining what gets cut, what gets altered, what gets integrated better etc. Obviously, it's a bit weird, since it's a remake rather than a new game, but when I'm told that, it's very much about laying the foundation still.

Does that count as full production? It's in early stages of development, let's just go with that. It's accurate, and still makes sense.
What I meant wasn't that FFVIIR's development would slown down FFXVI, but the release schedule would. They won't release both in the same year, so with FFXV in 2016 and FFVIIR in 2017 (in the absolutly best case) that would leave at least another 3 years from now until an actual new mainline FF.

Well, people keep saying Konami is dead. They're alive, but they're dead. What does that even mean? Also, if a new Suikoden wasn't a thing, let's be honest, I'd be having your tears rather than you having any words.

Please be excited.

About all that can be said.

Well...we all know how that turned out :p

Danlord

Hey Verendus!

What's the state of the new Parasite Eve game you mentioned before?

Is it a new "Parasite Eve" game in name, or is it a spiritual successor(like The 3rd Birthday) using Aya Brea?

Big fan of the first 2 games, and never thought it was relevant enough to be considered for a new game (The 3rd Birthday was surprising but didn't seem to do well)

Majmun

I just hope FFV7r won't become the new TLG.

SE seems to be busy with so many high profile games now. FFXV and KH3 are 2017 games, if we're lucky. FFXV was announced almost ten years ago.
Sure, with a different name, but still.

FF7r is going to take a very looooong time to release. I'm thinking 2020.

Verendus

Banned
What I meant wasn't that FFVIIR's development would slown down FFXVI, but the release schedule would. They won't release both in the same year, so with FFXV in 2016 and FFVIIR in 2017 (in the absolutly best case) that would leave at least another 3 years from now until an actual new mainline FF.
Ah, I see.

Release schedules don't really work like that. You have a financial year, forecasts, budgets etc. Things are set accordingly to that when it comes down to it. Different companies will obviously do things a bit differently, but in principle, this wouldn't be a concern.

Let's say you have two games beginning production. You slot a window according to what you think for the time being. Depending on priority, and budget, you'll already have a bit of an order. Now this window isn't set in stone, and there are always variables. As times goes on, this gets more nailed down, and more detailed work happens in accordance with the company needs and what makes sense. Basically, we getting ahead of yourself a little. FFXV isn't even out, and it's not like there's a mad rush at the moment.

There's still 2018, 2019, and even 2020. Plenty of time.

FFXV, KH3, then you can start worrying about this and XVI. It's not something they'll rush, and considering where they are now, I'd give Nomura and Kitase a million dollars personally if they make this game for 2017.

What could they possibly show this winter then? Unless it's another CG trailer or just straight up bullet points for the new design, I'd imagine they'd want to show something from the game.

Kain

I'm gonna go ahead and interpret that as a Ni No Kuni sequel

In my dreams =/

Maybe it's one of those projects Sony is allegedly secretly funding? I don't think it performed bad by any means to not deserve a sequel. I think it sold better worldwide than in Japan, but the overall sales were not bad afaik.

You'll have mine and lots of people's tears, I assure you. And you'll enjoy every moment of it, won't you ;_;

I just hope FFV7r won't become the new TLG.

SE seems to be busy with so many high profile games now. FFXV and KH3 are 2017 games, if we're lucky. FFXV was announced almost seven years ago.
Sure, with a different name, but still.

FF7r is going to take a very looooong time to release. I'm thinking 2020.

FFVII Remake has far more money riding on it then The Last Guardian ever did. We have had more info on FFXV in the last year then we had throughout the entirety when it was sill FFversusXIII, and Nomura already said FFVII Remake is his top priority right now and that it doesn't effect Kingdom Hearts 3's development at all.

Not to mention Square seems to be doing much, much better as a company then all of last gen. It will still be a good couple of years or so sure, but Square does seem to finally have their shit together. Ever since E3 2013, it's been going uphill. It just seems unreal to everyone since it's been so long since we've seen Square going for this output.

Proper studio management is a hell of a thing it seems.

I really do wish they didn't go with the "realistic" anime stye for the humans. Something between the the old style and the new would be preferable for me.

BibiMaghoo

it's objectively worse from a gameplay standpoint than anything else that came after as far as FF goes.

Some people consider the materia system the best, others the skill system from 9, or the oufit system from X-2. These are all opinions. Calling your preference objective does not make it so. Obviously.

Someone remind me, is there any downside to taking the treasure from Mt Corel from the little birds near the bridge.

Should I leave it for disc 2 or 3?

Verendus

Banned
What could they possibly show this winter then? Unless it's another CG trailer or just straight up bullet points for the new design, I'd imagine they'd want to show something from the game.
I'll just tell you some of what I know then. Boring, long post coming.

So when planning began a long time ago, there were several issues. It's a big game, it's very important to Kitase, and obviously Nomura, and fans. There were other issues here, but we'll just skip to the game. You're going to remake this game. Now, people will say that since there's already a story, music, script, that a lot of the work is done. This is wrong. You have a starting point, but this is very much like building a new game. That takes a very long time.

Since there's a huge difference in technology, and this is the remake of a game that exists, you have to go through, and address everything. You have to get the scenes, and then decide what you're going to do with them. Some stuff is pretty clear, and it's mostly about presentation. For example, nothing major storywise is being changed. No one has to worry about that. Cloud is still a nutcase, Aeris is still going to die, Weapons are going to run rampant, the Lifestream, and pretty much every important story moment is going to be present. That's FF7. You can't change that. But because this is a new generation of technology, and it's a proper game, that alone brings changes from a design point of view.

Now you have a balancing act of lots of small things, and lots of major things. Kitase, I can assure you, is someone who is quite involved in making sure they try to stay as faithful as possible. He's someone who worried the most originally about this project, and he's also someone who's heavily involved right now. And the original writer is back with Nomura too, so it's a big thing.

Let's use examples:

They want to integrate Zack more, so how do you do it? In the original, it's very much an optional thing, but that's not as realistic now. You can flesh it out too, but in order to integrate it, it needs to be placed somewhere. This is a technically a script change, but it's not a bad thing. It also takes work.
Characters like Yuffie and Vincent which are optional need to be integrated.
How do you tackle the implied sex scene in this game? This is going to be in the game, but it's another presentation issue. How do you do it this time, over two decades later?
How do you tackle Cloud beating the hell out of Aeris? It was fine then, but this needs to be thought about. It's kind of an important story beat for his character because of what happens next, so do you want to change it? But at the same time, is it something you're comfortable leaving in, or should it be altered a little?
A lot of the side story stuff, can it be integrated better, or will some of it have to be cut?
They need to change up the Junon infiltration a little. Red XIII being in a suit isn't that big of a deal, but the ship aspect needs to be worked on now because you have a parade, which then leads to boarding the ship, and the big boss battle. This area and sequence has to be overhauled. It's a good amount of work.

Everything related to the story needs to be addressed within the confines of the new game, and the presentation of that new game on current technology. This means going through all of that, and seeing how to fit in the important things, what to flesh out, and what to alter. Basically, you're designing everything again. There's something to work with, but it's much like creating something new due to the work it actually involves.

Separate to that, there are a lot of other things. There are a lot of mini-games in FF7, notably the snowboarding game, and also the Chocobo breeding. With the former, it doesn't make as much sense to have it happen like that, so you need to integrate it all again, but at the same time, you can still leave something as a nod for fans. How do you do this? Is it possible to do that? Then there is also the case of some stuff being replaced, and maybe Nomura wanting to add other mini-games.

Basically, it's a lot of work. They have to prioritise major things with minor things, and as time goes on, they'll probably have to do it again depending on the development progress. This doesn't mean they can't show you anything this winter. Far from it. They're at a place right now, where they have a little to show, but it's a big game, and it's still in its infancy. It's not as simple as if they have something to show, then they're really ahead of the game. They're not rushing this.

It's important to all of them to remain as faithful as possible, but at the same time, create a new FF7 for a new generation of fans as well as old, and something which takes advantage of what is available today. This means design changes, execution changes, alterations etc. And because you're not just creating something new, and have to keep in mind a beloved game, the cuts you decide to make, or the changes you decide to do, have to be careful. As time goes on, and more work is done, there'll probably be other changes too. It's also important that the creators create something that they're pleased with because this is a project that's going to take a lot of their investment, time, and effort. It's unfair to not give them a chance to show you their new vivion at least.

This game being announced right now isn't ideal. That wasn't the plan. This time last year, no one was thinking, "Hell yeah, let's announce FF7, and have fans wait a few years again! That's going to be great!"

But the problem is, PS4 isn't doing great in Japan. There are a bunch of issues, FFXV has taken longer than expected, and it's basically a crap situation to be in if I'm frank. So this announcement is there to build some faith, and also try to make people believe that there are a lot of big plans for the PS4. And there is a lot to come, but because of so many issues, it's taken time. Thankfully, since FFXV is around the corner, and KH3 is also progressing well, it's not that bad of a time really. Those games are coming soon, and this announcement happening now, as well as those games releasing should help fans believe more in companies trying their best to get content out there.

It also didn't help that FFXV had a bit of a negative shadow over it with people complaining last year when it was revealed Nomura has been removed, and then again recently when Tabata mentioned the changes. Now people know what Nomura is doing. There doesn't need to be doom and gloom over him leaving. He's busy, he's working on something. Leave him to it.

FFXV, also, can now be focused on as its own entity, and hopefully have people look at it as what it is rather than what they felt it could have been. And this game is actually coming soon, so there's something to be actually be excited for.

Ah so it is coming to the Xbox One down the line? Sony can't secure shit, the incompetence cobtinues. Great news for Xbox One only owners though, they deserve to play the game as much as PS4 and PC people.
Hey, hey.

It's not incompetence. As it stands, things are great for SCE. Game is in development, and it's coming to PS4. Securing a big game isn't that simple. Square Enix also has to take a look at a lot of things, and what makes sense for them at the end of the day, is what's most sensible. Considering how far we are, and the nature of these things, we can amend things in the future, if it makes sense. But regardless of any of that, SCE is going to benefit the most from this game. FF is a Playstation franchise. SCE will get behind this in a huge way, and the marketing campaign for it will be big too. Regardless of whatever ends up being the most sensible option, SCE has already benefitted the most.

Securing big games takes a lot of cash, and simply doing it to appease fans for something as silly as "bragging rights" would be pretty stupid. Depending on what's involved, that support could be provided to bring another game from somewhere. Regardless of any of that, it's coming to PS4 first. That much can be assured. Beyond that, it's mostly SE's decision. But people shouldn't buy too much into the whole it has to be on PS4 only or whatever, in case they end up being disappointed in the future, as if it's some kind of personal offence.

SCE is really happy with things as they are. I see no reason why others need to be upset about it.

Taurus

FFVII Remake has far more money riding on it then The Last Guardian ever did. We have had more info on FFXV in the last year then we had throughout the entirety when it was sill FFversusXIII, and Nomura already said FFVII Remake is his top priority right now and that it doesn't effect Kingdom Hearts 3's development at all.

Not to mention Square seems to be doing much, much better as a company then all of last gen. It will still be a good couple of years or so sure, but Square does seem to finally have their shit together. Ever since E3 2013, it's been going uphill. It just seems unreal to everyone since it's been so long since we've seen Square going for this output.

Proper studio management is a hell of a thing it seems.
Don't mean to be a party pooper, but shouldn't you wait until FFVIIr is released? What I've seen from S-E lately is horse shit compared to what they produced before. Final Fantasy as a series has been dead to me since FFXIII released and I have zero confidence they'll succeed with making FFVIIr a good game.

It'll probably be crap like Advent Children was with similar disgusting visuals. I hope I'll be wrong when the game releases, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ah so it is coming to the Xbox One down the line? Sony can't secure shit, the incompetence cobtinues. Great news for Xbox One only owners though, they deserve to play the game as much as PS4 and PC people.

I thought Sony is still in talks with SE regarding FFVII: Re. Sony might not be saying anything because the full details aren't finalized yet. I guess we'll have to see at PSX.

wmlk

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but shouldn't you wait until FFVIIr is released? What I've seen from S-E lately is horse shit compared to what they produced before. Final Fantasy as a series has been dead to me since FFXIII released and I have zero confidence they'll succeed with making FFVIIr a good game.

It'll probably be crap like Advent Children was with similar disgusting visuals. I hope I'll be wrong when the game releases, but I'm not holding my breath.

It can be dead to you or whatever, but financially they've been doing really well and that's his point.

So when planning began a long time ago, there were several issues. It's a big game, it's very important to Kitase, and obviously Nomura, and fans. There were other issues here, but we'll just skip to the game. You're going to remake this game. Now, people will say that since there's already a story, music, script, that a lot of the work is done. This is wrong. You have a starting point, but this is very much like building a new game. That takes a very long time.

Since there's a huge difference in technology, and this is the remake of a game that exists, you have to go through, and address everything. You have to get the scenes, and then decide what you're going to do with them. Some stuff is pretty clear, and it's mostly about presentation. For example, nothing major storywise is being changed. No one has to worry about that. Cloud is still a nutcase, Aeris is still going to die, Weapons are going to run rampant, the Lifestream, and pretty much every important story moment is going to be present. That's FF7. You can't change that. But because this is a new generation of technology, and it's a proper game, that alone brings changes from a design point of view.

Now you have a balancing act of lots of small things, and lots of major things. Kitase, I can assure you, is someone who is quite involved in making sure they try to stay as faithful as possible. He's someone who worried the most originally about this project, and he's also someone who's heavily involved right now. And the original writer is back with Nomura too, so it's a big thing.

Let's use examples:

They want to integrate Zack more, so how do you do it? In the original, it's very much an optional thing, but that's not as realistic now. You can flesh it out too, but in order to integrate it, it needs to be placed somewhere. This is a technically a script change, but it's not a bad thing. It also takes work.
How do you tackle the implied sex scene in this game? This is going to be in the game, but it's another presentation issue. How do you do it this time, over two decades later?
How do you tackle Cloud beating the hell out of Aeris? It was fine then, but this needs to be thought about. It's kind of an important story beat for his character because of what happens next, so do you want to change it? But at the same time, is it something you're comfortable leaving in, or should it be altered a little?
A lot of the side story stuff, can it be integrated better, or will some of it have to be cut?
They need to change up the Junon infiltration a little. Red XIII being in a suit isn't that big of a deal, but the ship aspect needs to be worked on now because you have a parade, which then leads to boarding the ship, and the big boss battle. This area and sequence has to be overhauled. It's a good amount of work.

Everything related to the story needs to be addressed within the confines of the new game, and the presentation of that new game on current technology. This means going through all of that, and seeing how to fit in the important things, what to flesh out, and what to alter. Basically, you're designing everything again. There's something to work with, but it's much like creating something new due to the work it actually involves.

Separate to that, there are a lot of other things. There are a lot of mini-games in FF7, notably the snowboarding game, and also the Chocobo breeding. With the former, it doesn't make as much sense to have it happen like that, so you need to integrate it all again, but at the same time, you can still leave something as a nod for fans. How do you do this? Is it possible to do that? Then there is also the case of some stuff being replaced, and maybe Nomura wanting to add other mini-games.

Basically, it's a lot of work. They have to prioritise major things with minor things, and as time goes on, they'll probably have to do it again depending on the development progress. This doesn't mean they can't show you anything this winter. Far from it. They're at a place right now, where they have a little to show, but it's a big game, and it's still in its infancy. It's not as simple as if they have something to show, then they're really ahead of the game. They're not rushing this.

It's important to all of them to remain as faithful as possible, but at the same time, create a new FF7 for a new generation of fans as well as old, and something which takes advantage of what is available today. This means design changes, execution changes, alterations etc. And because you're not just creating something new, and have to keep in mind a beloved game, the cuts you decide to make, or the changes you decide to do, have to be careful. As time goes on, and more work is done, there'll probably be other changes too. It's also important that the creators create something that they're pleased with because this is a project that's going to take a lot of their investment, time, and effort. It's unfair to not give them a chance to show you their new vivion at least.

This game being announced right now isn't ideal. That wasn't the plan. This time last year, no one was thinking, "Hell yeah, let's announce FF7, and have fans wait a few years again! That's going to be great!"

But the problem is, PS4 isn't doing great in Japan. There are a bunch of issues, FFXV has taken longer than expected, and it's basically a crap situation to be in if I'm frank. So this announcement is there to build some faith, and also try to make people believe that there are a lot of big plans for the PS4. And there is a lot to come, but because of so many issues, it's taken time. Thankfully, since FFXV is around the corner, and KH3 is also progressing well, it's not that bad of a time really. Those games are coming soon, and this announcement happening now, as well as those games releasing should help fans believe more in companies trying their best to get content out there.

It also didn't help that FFXV had a bit of a negative shadow over it with people complaining last year when it was revealed Nomura has been removed, and then again recently when Tabata mentioned the changes. Now people know what Nomura is doing. There doesn't need to be doom and gloom over him leaving. He's busy, he's working on something. Leave him to it.

FFXV, also, can now be focused on as its own entity, and hopefully have people look at it as what it is rather than what they felt it could have been.

Thanks for this

Meowster

Final Fantasy was revived when A Realm Reborn was released, as far as I am concerned. I have great faith in Square Enix's abilities these days. If they can revive that, they can revive the brand as a whole. XV is looking to be successful as the leading JRPG experience and I imagine VIIR is going to be SEs main priority from now on. I have a feeling that their priority is to try to get it out for a ten year anniversary in 2017.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I like where this is going.

Hope the Before Crisis characters get in the game somehow as well.

Pretty sure they could secure full console exclusivity if they wanted to, but what's the point? Sure it sounds awesome to say, Yes FF7r is only on the PS4 console, but having it release on the PS4 first automatically eats up the majority of sales.

So when a X1 and/or PC release comes, those numbers will be negligible. I imagine another sales scenario where 90% of world wide sales are on the PS4 and maybe a similar split between X1 and PS4 like Type-0 HD.

Pretty sure they could secure full console exclusivity if they wanted to, but what's the point? Sure it sounds awesome to say, Yes FF7r is only on the PS4 console, but having it release on the PS4 first automatically eats up the majority of sales.

So when a X1 and/or PC release comes, those numbers will be negligible. I imagine another sales scenario where 90% of world wide sales are on the PS4 and maybe a similar split between X1 and PS4 like Type-0 HD.

I honestly think the PS4 can capture more than 90% considering the amount of other JRPGs it's getting compared to the XBO.

Kagari, unrelated but do you expect this will lead to FF6 getting the full HD remake treatment?

Nomura was interviewed by IGN IIRC saying he wants to Remake FF5, 6, and 7, if he can, before he's forever done.

I can't wait to see how Bartz and Terra are handled.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Someone remind me, is there any downside to taking the treasure from Mt Corel from the little birds near the bridge.
If you're asking if it has any effect on affection values, surprisingly it doesn't! But you're still a heartless monster if ya do it. C'mon. 10 lousy phoenix downs isn't worth crap!

Let's use examples:

FFXV, also, can now be focused on as its own entity, and hopefully have people look at it as what it is rather than what they felt it could have been. And this game is actually coming soon, so there's something to be actually be excited for.

Hey, hey.

It's not incompetence. As it stands, things are great for SCE. Game is in development, and it's coming to PS4. Securing a big game isn't that simple. Square Enix also has to take a look at a lot of things, and what makes sense for them at the end of the day, is what's most sensible. Considering how far we are, and the nature of these things, we can amend things in the future, if it makes sense. But regardless of any of that, SCE is going to benefit the most from this game. FF is a Playstation franchise. SCE will get behind this in a huge way, and the marketing campaign for it will be big too. Regardless of whatever ends up being the most sensible option, SCE has already benefitted the most.

Securing big games takes a lot of cash, and simply doing it to appease fans for something as silly as "bragging rights" would be pretty stupid. Depending on what's involved, that support could be provided to bring another game from somewhere. Regardless of any of that, it's coming to PS4 first. That much can be assured. Beyond that, it's mostly SE's decision. But people shouldn't buy too much into the whole it has to be on PS4 only or whatever, in case they end up being disappointed in the future, as if it's some kind of personal offence.

SCE is really happy with things as they are. I see no reason why others need to be upset about it.

thanks for this text. A great read
Im just glad that we finally have clarification on Nomuras , since some people indicated another sakaguchi sitatuion with him.
I gues being the director of Final Fantasy 7 RE is a far bigger & more important task then FF15.

Do you know anything about the combat system? Even if you don't know - do you think it will stick to the ATB in the core - or will this Nomura Game try for an Action system

Lemondish

Most people would settle for an updated turn based system as seen in later FF's, and just don't want an action game where you run around and press X to attack.

That seems like a strawman. I don't think anybody is realistically arguing for the combat to turn into a hack and slash action game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom