• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

Sanctuary

『Inaba Resident』;188028326 said:
Not at all.
Its way closer to KH/FF13 Versus

Not even just the combat, but the entire time watching the cutscenes it just screamed Crisis Core as well. I know they are based in the same FF universe/timeline, but some of the choreography and camera angles almost seemed lifted.
Also, looking at the early FF Versus 13 gameplay, how exactly is it that different from Type-0?

harSon

Banned
PS4 Console debut could mean first day on PC.
iz0XMQM.png

It's only used for timed console exclusives, or else it would just say "First on PS4"

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
But is it actually action based or just really flashy ATB system (like FFXIII)?

What is that gauge?

And why would there be a DEFEND command instead of a button, if it was completely action?

iaiyJxN.jpg

Not to mention an Attack command. If it's just action based that wouldn't be a menu option.

HMMMMMM

What is that gauge?

And why would there be a DEFEND command instead of a button, if it was completely action?

iaiyJxN.jpg

I doubt it's supposed to be ATB, since the gauge seems to be increasing as you land hits, looking at the footage. Combo meter that builds up to a finisher, like KH BBS or Re:coded, maybe?

Not to mention an Attack button. If it's just action based that wouldn't be a menu option.

HMMMMMM

Kingdom Hearts, which is directed by the same person as this, has a similar menu system. The addition of the defend command is more unusual.

That defend command makes it seem like it might not go full Kingdom Hearts? Maybe just a super-flashy & really fast-paced ATB of sorts with possible AI controlled companions when you aren't in control yourself? So a kind of mix of FFXII & FFXIII?

Huh yeah, that's a good point.

That'd actually be a pretty great middle ground for those that want turn based.

Meowster

The fact that there will be a day coming where I own both Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV and the remake of Final Fantasy VII.. dreams really do come true.

What is that gauge?

iaiyJxN.jpg

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Everything looks and sounds great. The only question is the battle system. Do we get a flashier FFVII or Tales of FFXV?

What is that gauge?

iaiyJxN.jpg
Aa soon as the gameplay started I assume it was command based, not action. The menu seems to imply it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Looks kind of bad, the level design looks linear and the combat scenes looked like they ran at 10fps. Not looking good at all.

gblues

Banned

What is that gauge?

iaiyJxN.jpg

Probably the limit break meter.

Also on topic: INTO MY VEINS

wait, this is not a turn based game like the original? Or it is an action RPG like crisis core? And where are we getting this information from?

brau

I can't imagine this not ending up on PC with the trajectory SE has been on lately.

oh boy. this would be even better. i would love this on pc, to be able to add reshade and high res with a steady frame rate at 4k. phew... it would be amazing.

luminous

Honestly this trailer alone made me way more excited for this than FFXV itself lol holy shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ;_____________________________;

What is that gauge?

iaiyJxN.jpg

probably since the gauge turned red whenever cloud and barret did a flashy move.

Dark_castle

What is that gauge?

iaiyJxN.jpg

Ah shit, you're right! KH never had a separate defend command IIRC, as that was mapped to a button.

I still just can't handle this. I really can't. How is it this good looking? I just don't know what I'm feeling. Is it joy? God damnit this is so good looking.

Guys they were never going to do turn-based especially with Nomura directing.

Yep. Anyone who loved the original will still be there day one for this, and it allows them to attract the millions of new(er than PSOne) gamers who mostly wouldn't touch a turned based RPG.

Aeana

What is that gauge?

iaiyJxN.jpg

The UI looks like a placeholder to me, like in the early Versus media.
I definitely hope they don't keep it the way it is. Even KH has gotten away from that kind of nonsense.

Weiss

Banned
Kinda disappointed it doesn't seem to be turn based, I've got KH3 and FFXV for that ARPG itch, but eh, this still looks pretty great. I'm glad they're properly retaining the grimy, dieselpunk aesthetic.

Breads

Banned
Looks pretty good. Now this is a video I can get behind because unlike the first teaser this looks like an actual game.

You people are crazy for praising Nomura this early though. You're still waiting on FFXV and KHIII and you have been for a long time. Wait for him to deliver on what he promised a decade ago before you get your hopes up.

WillyFive

That makes no sense, why would you remake a game if you don't even want to target people who liked the original?

What?

The point of remakes is to expand and reinvigorate the property. No one makes remakes for the original audiences. That is the exact opposite reason to do a remake in the first place!

Top Bottom