• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Definitive Edition Coming To PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The site’s source is a 4chan rumor. There isn’t even a date or a proper mention is XSX.

I want to play this game, but I was disappointed to realize it isn’t an official communication.

Last edited:

GloveSlap

Did they do any real work to this post-launch? I saw complaints about low res textures in weird spots at launch, but never heard about patches.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Did they do any real work to this post-launch? I saw complaints about low res textures in weird spots at launch, but never heard about patches.
Lol nope I think it just got a patch the other day and it was just so it could work the ps5

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I haven't kept up on this and held off finishing my copy for a PS5 update.. has it been mentioned?

ZZZZ

unknown.png

All you need to know about this link.

Edit:
I haven't kept up on this and held off finishing my copy for a PS5 update.. has it been mentioned?

It's apparently what the last and only patch patch of the game was for, a compatibility patch for the PS5.

Last edited:

Entroyp

Wait... is this confirmed or just a rumor? I was hoping to make an effort and finish the game on PS5.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’d play through again.. probably on pc.

FF16 will end up the same, but I won’t for that either. Lol

We can also expect the same thing for FF16, release first on playstation then a year later the definitive edition on other platforms. Seem like a foolproof strategy to get people to double dip.

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Not sure about this rumor but no doubt that VIIR and XVI will come to PC and Xbox at some point. Just a matter of time.

Would love to know more about the deal Sony made. Must have been huge. Still seems crazy to me that Microsoft didn’t counter to ensure a multiplat release like they did with several PS3 games. I’m really curious to see if parts 2 on are simultaneous or staggered releases.

Dacon

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Theyre gonna milk this for everything its worth.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

It's a rumor, but it's been known for awhile. The extra content is totally new however and hopefully true, that's what got me excited.
There's not been a single mention of cut content for Barret or Aerith in both Ultimanias, Famitsus or any interview to an English website.

Tifa cut content was mentioned in both Ultimanias.

It's safe to expect, RTX (PC. mod if necessary), + FPS, Photo mode, Texture fix and the Tifa chapter.

Don't forget we already got 1 Aerith short story, i think it's called picturing the past? It's a decent read about the time Aerith was still living at Shinra and her drawings.

Last edited:
There's not been a single mention of cut content for Barret or Aerith in both Ultimanias, Famitsus or any interview to an English website.

Tifa cut content was mentioned in both Ultimanias.

It's safe to expect, RTX (PC. mod if necessary), + FPS, Photo mode, Texture fix and the Tifa chapter.

Don't forget we already got 1 Aerith short story, i think it's called picturing the past? It's a decent read about the time Aerith was still living at Shinra and her drawings.

I don't think this is "cut content" rather than "additional content" developed within this extra year that people had to wait. While this doesn't confirm anything, it's definitely feasible that SE would do this to get people to double dip.

Elias

Looks like Sony friends have the honor of paying twice for a game. I'll play at 4k/600 with properly loading textures when it hits game pass ;)

Last edited:

ZZZZ

I don't think this is "cut content" rather than "additional content" developed within this extra year that people had to wait. While this doesn't confirm anything, it's definitely feasible that SE would do this to get people to double dip.
I'm trying to picture in my head a good chapter for Barret and Aerith and i just don't see it, at least not on pt 1. The other character that could easily get additional content would be Zack.

I'm trying to picture in my head a good chapter for Barret and Aerith and i just don't see it, at least not on pt 1. The other character that could easily get additional content would be Zack.

I get the feeling we'll get Zack chapter in part 2.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
God I hope they don't add character stories like XV, they feel so unconnected to the main game.... because really they are. Additional story content is fine as long as it is part of the main game and not just thrown into a side menu where no progress is kept and all you get are some unlockable trinkets... PEOPLE HATE THIS!

expanding the arena seems like an obvious choice for more content and perhaps adding a new summon or two as rewards would not go amiss. Any new minigames would go down well... perhaps expand on the honey bee inn, go for Yakuza and really turn that into its own little game. Chocobo racing in the scrap yard? They changed so much of the game why not go all in and add chocobo breeding into part one for your very own faster than foot travel.

outside of that I felt it a shame that Biggs/Wedge and Jessie didn't get better "guest" character sections this was something XV did quite well, so well infact I suspected the Dragoon in that was originally going to be a 5th party member, make them feel more involved in combat for the small portions they are in.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

I get the feeling we'll get Zack chapter in part 2.
They could easily pull the trigger if they want to in pt 1 as well but they'd have to be extremely careful not to spoil stuff, another easy additional content would be to play as the Turks, they already got the entire moveset done for them, and Reno is really popular in Japan.

Last edited:
They could easily pull the trigger if they want to in pt 1 as well but they'd have to be extremely careful not to spoil stuff, another easy additional content would be to play as the Turks, they already got the entire moveset done for them, and Reno is really popular in Japan.

Turks would be an awesome idea, perhaps implement some of that before crisis stuff.

Dacon

Banned
Anyone that thinks FFVII Remake isnt coming to other platforms is in severe denial.

It probably will even wind up on Switch via the cloud like other recent titles.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
They will probably switch off baked lighting and shadows for real time both. In unreal that’s a pretty simple thing to do.

I thought it was meant to come to PC & Xbox after a year in the first place?

That's literally why I didnt buy it because I heard about some of the textures being a little off, so figured I'd play on PC o.o

But good to know it's being brought up again.

Top Bottom