• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade - PS5 4K HDR Gameplay (Quality Mode)

graywolf323

Gold Member
9.99 for a fucking weapon????Dafuk is this!!!???,
yeah that's some real BS, clearly it's Square-Enix's way of making money off those of us who are upgrading since they gave us the PS5 version 'free', frankly the weapon should have been included with the $20 purchase of episode Yuffie though since it's not like we had an option to pre-purchase that would have given the weapon for free

Shmunter

Downloading PS5 update….

84gig, rather plump for a PS5 game. What’s the PS4 version weigh in at?

Game looks stunning. Didn’t think I’d say it so soon after Ratchet and Clank

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Never played a Final Fantasy game, is this a good one to play/beat, feel satisfied without dipping my feet into other Final Fantasy games?

OrionNebula

Man… why is this fucking shit so god damn complicated
Sg0twpb.jpg

I have no fucking clue how to make this shit work…

OrionNebula

Now asking for a fucking voucher code - where the fuck do we get a voucher code??
cJTkEfQ.jpg

Man, that is some sticky bullshit, that whole damn thing… way to fucking go, Square 👎

Now asking for a fucking voucher code - where the fuck do we get a voucher code??
cJTkEfQ.jpg

Man, that is some sticky bullshit, that whole damn thing… way to fucking go, Square 👎

Did you upgrade your existing copy of FFVII to the PS5 edition? Or did you buy the PS5 edition of FF7R Integrade?

Mr.ODST

Kinda yeah. I think maybe it's slightly better than PS4 Pro version.

Just wish they added some blur for camera pans in graphics mode. Otherwise it looks so crisp.
Same resolution as PS4 Pro, it doesnt look that bad, the 60fps is so buttery smooth

Upgrade from physical deluxe ps4
It was already messy just for the ps4 save files…

Looking everywhere to see about that god damn voucher and how to get it
Google :
Travolta GIF by memecandy

I don't think you can get the intermission episode for free. You'll have to purchase that separate, unless you buy FF7R Integrade for PS5, which includes the extra episode for free.

OrionNebula

I don't think you can get the intermission episode for free. You'll have to purchase that separate, unless you buy FF7R Integrade for PS5, which includes the extra episode for free.
Ok, then. I was under the assumption the dlc was free for existing customers. So it’s just the ps5 upgrade version that is free? And $27 for 2 Yuffie episodes?
I was barely in the loop and a lot of this seems overly complicated for nothing

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Ok, then. I was under the assumption the dlc was free for existing customers. So it’s just the ps5 upgrade version that is free? And $27 for 2 Yuffie episodes?
Yup, Yuffie is not included with the free upgrade. I think the DLC should last around 5/8 hrs depending on your speed and achievements.

Unfortunately yeah. I had preordered from SE but I am sure that it's not going to arrive today, so I picked up at a local big box retailer, either way, super excited.

60 fps feel good! Tried the beginning on hard for a while.
I bought the Yuffie dlc, but gonna save it for later summer.

My catalogue has grown quite a lot in a short time:

I have to finish Sekiro, Returnal (I wish), Miles Morales (haven't been feeling it tbh), Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Resident Evil 2R and I have an itch to replay Bioshock Infinite.

I'm also thinking about getting Mass Effect and Witcher 3 nextgen is lurking somewhere.
And Cyberpunk 2077 is collecting dust in my closet.

Outlier

How the fuck do I upgrade my PS4 version to the PS5 version
(digital deluxe EX turbo ultra edition)
I didn’t find anything on the terrible PS store.
Same thing for the DLC .
where do I find it?
Took me a few minutes to find it, but go to the game store page, Select the "..." tab and then select the "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE upgrade for PS4tm version owners". Then enjoy the 13GB download if the game is already installed and updated. :)

Yeah that's what it looks like to me.. Typical anti consumer bullshit! I don't think people realised that means even if you own the physical game.

Make another account and sign in with that as it won't have your PS Plus associated to it, then insert the play disc and download from ps store that way. I'm not sure if it has to be different region, I'm in Australia and I just happen to already have a Singapore account so I just used that. Once the download starts you can just log back into your normal account.
Or, you could contact Sony support and tell the problem. They’ll probably fix it for you.

Last edited:

Outlier

Played it for a bit. I tried the "Graphics" mode for a few minutes and it was certainly NOT a quality experience, compared to Performance. It felt even worse to pan the camera around, than the PS4 version.

I really do think 60 FPS has spoiled my eyes.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Is the yuffie dlc a separate thing to the main game or is it intertwined. Just weighing up if I need to buy it before I start playing.

Tomeru

How do I know if Im playing the upgraded version or not?

Answer:
Options > game version

Last edited:

OrionNebula

I only see the Digital PS4 I purchased.
Do I re download this and then look?
How can you only see the ps4 digital version when you do a search on the ps5 store? Are you doing this on your ps4 or a ps5?
On a side note, I believe the game also needs to be installed

S0ULZB0URNE

How can you only see the ps4 digital version when you do a search on the ps5 store? Are you doing this on your ps4 or a ps5?
On a side note, I believe the game also needs to be installed
On my PS5 store.
I am currently downloading the PS4 version to check that way.

OrionNebula

On my PS5 store.
I am currently downloading the PS4 version to check that way.
It’s probably a safe place to start

However, I still cannot comprehend why any ps5 versions of the game wouldn’t even show up on the store if you manually write ‘’Final Fantasy VII’’. This makes no sense to me

S0ULZB0URNE

It’s probably a safe place to start

However, I still cannot comprehend why any ps5 versions of the game wouldn’t even show up on the store if you manually write ‘’Final Fantasy VII’’. This makes no sense to me
I never said it didn't show up.
I have no option of upgrading to PS5 showing up.

S0ULZB0URNE

My bad. I probably misread that :
1L8MRbh.jpg

Curious. I ended up seeing an option ‘’Free PS5 Upgrade’’. Might be showing up only once the game’s installed.
Downloaded and still no option... I am going to move it to the internal and will check again.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

On the ps5 store from the search bar
EU5es6H.jpg

Mine says purchased, but yours should be ‘’Free PS5 Upgrade’’
I don't see it :messenger_expressionless:

I go on the store via my PC and see...

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE upgrade for PS4™ version owners​

Not available for purchase

I bought it last August! Am on hold with Sony right now.

TIGERCOOL

never played this on ps4 and I have to say I'm blown away by the presentation. getting back to the city after the first section was insane. sound design is on point too. playing on performance mode and cant imagine complaining about the graphics like some here are

Justin9mm

Or, you could contact Sony support and tell the problem. They’ll probably fix it for you.
True.. But I got around it without the effort of trying to call to fix anyway.. Only took me a couple minutes to just switch users/accounts on my PS5 and go to that store instead and hit download.

It's the principal though that it shouldn't be like this in any case.

Yamisan

Can you not upload more than 1 save from the ps4 version? I have 4 different save files I want to upload due to check points for trophy farming. Yet it only lets me upload one at a time and when I go to upload the next one it says theres already a save in the slot.

TheGejsza

Can you not upload more than 1 save from the ps4 version? I have 4 different save files I want to upload due to check points for trophy farming. Yet it only lets me upload one at a time and when I go to upload the next one it says theres already a save in the slot.

You need too repeat process by uploading new save and downloading it on PS5. And again... for each save. You can't upload 4 saves at once.

Interfectum

Anyone else being crippled by the choices presented in this game and R&C? I really can't decide which I want to land on, performance or quality. A part of me wishes the developer just chose and put all effort into one. :messenger_loudly_crying:

emivita

Anyone else being crippled by the choices presented in this game and R&C? I really can't decide which I want to land on, performance or quality. A part of me wishes the developer just chose and put all effort into one. :messenger_loudly_crying:
Go for 60 fps mode, especially if your TV screen has a good motion blur. In my opinion, PS5 version makes sense only for this mode.

Top Bottom