• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Patch Adds PS5 Save Data Transfer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A new patch for the PlayStation 4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake has released, and it is all about preparing players to move over to the upcoming PlayStation 5 version of the popular video game, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade. As previously announced, players can upload their PlayStation 4 save data in order to use their current saves on the PlayStation 5 when Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade releases on June 10th. The Update 1.02 patch for the PlayStation 4 video game prepares for that by adding the ability to go ahead and upload that data in a quick and easy way.

Notably, beyond the fact that Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade looks better than the base video game thanks to all the benefits of the PlayStation 5, another reason to upgrade is that the Yuffie content, titled "Final FANTASY VII REMAKE EPISODE INTERmission," is for the PlayStation 5 only. Thankfully, players that already own the PlayStation 4 version will be able to upgrade to Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade on the PlayStation 5 for no additional cost, but the Yuffie content specifically will still need to be purchased. Alternatively, outright buying Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade for the PlayStation 5 itself already includes the Yuffie content.

So... can I install FF7 on my PS5, download the patch to upload save data (saves are on PS Plus cloud), and then just play on June 10th?

Upload Cloud

to the Cloud

200.gif

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
This likely means double trophies like with Spider-Man and Avengers.
Yeah they even show it transfers the trophies and will unlock all the ones on the save when you start Intergrade. Which makes me not want to transfer.

elliot5

So... can I install FF7 on my PS5, download the patch to upload save data (saves are on PS Plus cloud), and then just play on June 10th?

SO I need to download the PS4 version, upload the save with the new patch....and then re-download the game on June 11th?
I believe if the save is in the cloud already via ps+ you can just pull it down in Intergrade instead of having to download the PS4 version again and manually uploading.

I believe if the save is in the cloud already via ps+ you can just pull it down in Intergrade instead of having to download the PS4 version again and manually uploading.

That would be much better than wasting time downloading the old version...guess I'll wait. I know that Spider-Man required you to transfer it from the PS4 version first though

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So I can download the base game to my PS4 again, upload the saves in the game menu (just like NiOh 2 and it’s Remastered version). I’ll be able to download the upgrade on my PS5. Then go into the menu and download the save from Square’s save utility. That’s if I don’t want to download the original version onto my PS5.

Rodolink

i transferred my ps4 save to the ps5 but haven't installed the game yet.
When I do, can I just get the DLC and there will be no problem?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Since I can't afford a PS5 due to being well...poor,, I'm still feeling salty about them gatekeeping a DLC chapter behind a $400+ wall.
Total dick move on their part.
It’s not a Dick move if they designed it to use the PS5’s power.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess this is the first I've heard about the Yuffie stuff being paid DLC. I thought it seemed incredibly nice of them when I saw that digital owners would get upgraded for free.

Synless

I guess this is the first I've heard about the Yuffie stuff being paid DLC. I thought it seemed incredibly nice of them when I saw that digital owners would get upgraded for free.
The upgrade was the graphics updates, not the expansion.

xion4360

no..that will not work..you HAVE to upload from within FFVII to then download from within Intergrade.

wvnative

This won't work you must boot the PS4 version of the game to upload your save the Square-Enix servers then download it on the PS5 version in-game

FUBARx89

Uploaded mine last night, then finally started doing hard mode, so not sure why I uploaded it yet 😂

I'm looking forward to the 60fps. The yuffie dlc is a massive "wait til it's on sale" for me though.

graywolf323

Gold Member
they did say it from the start when they announced the PS5 version

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Enlighten me folks… I intend to buy FFVII went Integrade hits. The PS4 version is currently 30 € around here, Integrade goes for 80 €.

Since the PS4 version gets the graphics upgrade free of charge, am I getting this right that only reason for me to pay that 50 € mark up is the Yuffie content (that probably isn‘t no where near 50 € if bought on it‘s own)? Is there any logical reason pay fo 50 € more for Intregrade instead of just buying the PS4 version and download the upgrade?

Last edited:

wvnative

Enlighten me folks… I intend to buy FFVII went Integrade hits. The PS4 version is currently 30 € around here, Integrade goes for 80 €.

Since the PS4 version gets the graphics upgrade free of charge, am I getting this right that only reason for me to pay that 50 € mark up is the Yuffie content (that probably isn‘t no where near 50 € if bought on it‘s own)? Is there any logical reason pay fo 50 € more for Intregrade instead of just buying the PS4 version and download the upgrade?
Not that I can think of, hell the Yuffie DLC isn't even on the disc it's a download code. So yeah, buy the PS4 copy then get the DLC

Pagusas

Elden Member
Just a simple question. Do I need PS+ for this savegame transfer?
For the actual transfer no, but I used ps+ to upload my ff7 save from my ps4 to the cloud before selling it. And then downloaded it from the cloud to my ps5. Then launched the ps4 version off ff7 on the ps5, accessed the save and transferred it to the cloud via the ingame transfer option (which I assume is not tired to ps+).

Damigos

Trophy question :
I have the game at 50% complete (trophy wise). Suppose i transfer save (and dublicate my 50% trophies) to PS5.
If i continue and get platinum at PS5 version will i also get 2nd platinum PS4 version ?
I know most people at gaf dont care about this but since other ones are asking i thought i will also ask :) thanks in advance

ManaByte

Gold Member
Trophy question :
I have the game at 50% complete (trophy wise). Suppose i transfer save (and dublicate my 50% trophies) to PS5.
If i continue and get platinum at PS5 version will i also get 2nd platinum PS4 version ?
I know most people at gaf dont care about this but since other ones are asking i thought i will also ask :) thanks in advance

No it's a one-way thing.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Anyone else considering NOT using the save?
I absolutely despise how Square made the new game + in this game (stupid chapter select menu, hate hate hate it). I hate how hard mode makes it so you can’t use items… ever. Making them 100% pointless. I wanted a hard mode that also didn’t fee gimped and artificially stupid.

regardless. I’m not sure if In this next playthrough that I want to play that way.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Anyone else considering NOT using the save?
I absolutely despise how Square made the new game + in this game (stupid chapter select menu, hate hate hate it). I hate how hard mode makes it so you can’t use items… ever. Making them 100% pointless. I wanted a hard mode that also didn’t fee gimped and artificially stupid.

regardless. I’m not sure if In this next playthrough that I want to play that way.

I am starting fresh myself.

Reactions: Isa

FUBARx89

I'll probably start fresh myself, but keep my completed save file regardless.

Just hoping there's a pre load for it and they've done some data compression.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Well, looks like I'll have to start over since I sold my Pro.

No other way to get that save game other than uploading from PS4? Verified that the cloud save wont work? If so, super disappointing.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Well, looks like I'll have to start over since I sold my Pro.

No other way to get that save game other than uploading from PS4? Verified that the cloud save wont work? If so, super disappointing.
You don’t need your ps4 pro to transfer the save if it’s in the cloud. You just have to download the ps4 version of ff7 on to your ps5, sync the save from the cloud, launch the game, in the save menu area do the transfer, then close the game and delete it and wait for remake integrate to come out

Pantz

Don't see anywhere to purchase Yuffie stuff on the store. I own the PS4 Deluxe Edition and all the PS5 stuff says not available for purchase.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Don't see anywhere to purchase Yuffie stuff on the store. I own the PS4 Deluxe Edition and all the PS5 stuff says not available for purchase.
It’s not up yet. I bet it will change sometime next week. If you click on the PS5 version it basically acts like you can’t purchase it since you own the product already. I bet they’ll update the store and that will fix it later. Best to just upload your save from the base game and wait for the store to update.

Top Bottom