• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Honestly if I didn't have Ramza I wouldn't bother as well.
Agrias and Firion are several months away judging by the long delay for WoL and Tilith.

Gumi just give me 6* Garland, he isn't that good T-T

Celegus

Going to go back to tm farming.

Yep, may as well. Thought I'd be able to get lots of crysts but maybe next time around. I have tons of characters that will get good enhancements so I'll take anything though it is a bummer that seemingly 90% take power or support. Still, two of each and all the other stuff is pretty great. The backstory stuff even got me to do daily summons instead of totally skipping this banner (CoD and Exdeath so far lol, useless)

Lyrian

Yep, may as well. Thought I'd be able to get lots of crysts but maybe next time around. I have tons of characters that will get good enhancements so I'll take anything though it is a bummer that seemingly 90% take power or support. Still, two of each and all the other stuff is pretty great. The backstory stuff even got me to do daily summons instead of totally skipping this banner (CoD and Exdeath so far lol, useless)

Been thinking about the cryst situation on Global and hrmm.....

I think a perfect storm is brewing. All that is left is for Gumi to announce this month's enhancements at E3 this coming week and drop the bomb. They're going to announce a set of enhancements that are very good (but not Ramza of course), with some global exclusive incentives and make them all intentionally conflict with each other with needed crysts. All of these new enhancements are going to be generally locked off from everyone who didn't farm out Mog King over the last two weeks to "give incentive" for players to learn this behavior on the next Mog King event.

That will create a cycle of farming story events and Mog Kings for T4s and 5s, while forcing players to run the Vortex of Gems for T1s, 2s, and 3s (with T3s receiving help from raid summons).

Thus, Gumi is ultimately saying that TM farmers will have to make a choice. They can't realistically stop people from macroing TMs. But, if a player chooses to TM macro, Gumi can set the drop tables on events so that macroers won't be able to obtain the low-tier crysts needed for awakenings (outside of refills of course). That will be the latest gambit to break TM macroing, by forcing an opportunity cost of choosing to give up enhancements on units by chasing their TMs.

Kouriozan

Done with the event since no farming (last bosses gave 4 T1 crysts lmao)

2m3gW3Yl.jpg

All missions completed too, was a bit scared of missing the esper one.

NomarTyme

Honestly if I didn't have Ramza I wouldn't bother as well.
Agrias and Firion are several months away judging by the long delay for WoL and Tilith.

Gumi just give me 6* Garland, he isn't that good T-T
I honestly thought we can get Agrias upgrade in a reasonable time, but it seems like Gumi is most likely hold her enhancement back for a long ass time. I guess that is enough time to collect the cryst!

Pretty much! Power is a complete bottleneck. I have to choose carefully who to enhance now even more.

Valentus

The problem is that vanilla Agrais is too weak compared to her enhaced form.

Vanilla Agrais is like a half-baked orlandeau, and her enhaced form is an Orlandeau with boobs.

So getting her 6 star now and her enhacements in 2 months is like in 2 months we really are going to get the true holy waifu.

Syntsui

I think it'd be wise to wait for the next week to see if there will be a harder level for the event or what the hell they are preparing for the anniversary. I have no doubt in my mind that we will get crysts like candy during it, so there is no real reason to let us grind for anything right now.

If nothing relevant happens in regards to crysts rewards and if the next story event also doesn't allow us to grind for them, then I'll gladly bitch about it to no avail like always.

The Power Crysts bottleneck is real and all abilities that need them are expensive as fuck.

Valentus

I think it'd be wise to wait for the next week to see if there will be a harder level for the event or what the hell they are preparing for the anniversary. I have no doubt in my mind that we will get crysts like candy during it, so there is no real reason to let us grind for anything right now.

If nothing relevant happens in regards to crysts rewards and if the next story event also doesn't allow us to grind for them, then I'll gladly bitch about it to no avail like always.

The Power Crysts bottleneck is real and all abilities that need them are expensive as fuck.

There are only 3 units that needs powercrysts like water:

Luneth
Agrias
Dark Knight Cecil
Luneth
Mercedes

Taking in note that gumi is lowering the crysts costs, with 10 power purecrysts you should be done for almost 3 months... and in that 3 months you will get more crysts...

c-murph

Luneth
Agrias
Dark Knight Cecil
Luneth
Mercedes

Taking in note that gumi is lowering the crysts costs, with 10 power purecrysts you should be done for almost 3 months... and in that 3 months you will get more crysts...

But what about ELZA! You know she's gunna need them too! I gotta get her back into the game!

Lyrian

Taking a semi-educated guess (because why not, it's E3 week), I'm going to say the 9 for enhancements announced this week for Global Batch 3 will be:

Elza (easy because datamine is already known)
Karl (because BF-2 banner, batch 1)
Seria (because BF-2 banner, batch 4)
Dark Knight Cecil (from batch 2)
Paladin Cecil (from batch 1)
Refia (from batch 2)
Jake (from batch 3, because a story unit seems to be in every batch)
Cloud of Darkness (from batch 3)
** Wild Card

Outside looking in for the Wild Card slot: (Ace [batch 3], Gilgamesh [batch 3], Luneth [batch 4], Exdeath [batch 4]).

Will give the nod to Exdeath, as the list is missing a mage and Gumi wants average people to be pushing for enhancement [average person does not have a DFina] and there are 2 5* bases already on the list.

Bonus: WoL 6* will arrive, and Garland 6* will arrive with Doublehand +2 baked into the 6* awakening to compensate for a lack of materia stacking on Global.

Xevren

Newb question, when it comes to farming for trust mastery rewards they just grind on the earth shrine right? Have a few over 50% that I really would like to get some progress on.

Kouriozan

I have the scary thought we will get the Aigaion trial before Rikku. And expect some Global "balance".
This is going to be a blood bath.

Newb question, when it comes to farming for trust mastery rewards they just grind on the earth shrine right? Have a few over 50% that I really would like to get some progress on.

Best way is to set up a macro and let it grind away at the first stage yeah. It's a major pita to do manually though.

I knocked out a decent amount of the story event and am enjoying the game fleshing out other characters. Getting some insight into how Jake and Shera? built up their resistance is nice. I stopped at a point last night waiting for a friend Gilgamesh to show up so I could knock out the "use a wind skill on an enemy" mission for the upcoming dungeon or whatever you want to call them. I was surprised this asked for this one again so soon, they normally bounce between different elements. Anyway, I dig this type of event and since there won't be a moogle farm event coinciding, it's easy to commit the NRG for a full dungeon run.

When does E3 start, Monday? It looks like we are indeed waiting for then for the WoL announcement. It's really silly how much they are dragging it out and the attention being brought to it when it's only going to put him on par with Cecil ;p We just want to free up our inventory, dammit! I'm curious to see what bait they will lay out for anniversary so they can roll out the FFX banner immediately after anniversary ends. Trollolollol FFBE fan base!

I finally got to Titan in FFXIV and it's a lot more neat to see them in FFBE after experiencing the source material for the espers ahem, primals too. Same look of course, Tumult, and even the heart exposure.

Kouriozan

Trials are permanently in the game, it's fine if you don't manage to beat them day1.

Yes I know but I find it funny, I just want to see how they are balancing stuff and completing it themselve before releasing those trials.
Anyway I didn't touch Ultros and won't touch other non-event trials as long as they hold my Ramza's enhancement hostage.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yes I know but I find it funny, I just want to see how they are balancing stuff and completing it themselve before releasing those trials.
Anyway I didn't touch Ultros and won't touch other non-event trials as long as they hold my Ramza's enhancement hostage.

Well, you're not supposed to be able to complete them the first day unless your like the top %. Like how it is in JP.

On enhancements, it's not like you need to upgrade most characters. Focus on a few. I have Ramza and Luneth, both of their enhancements are good. While Refia, Cecil, and several others are pretty meh. But I also only really need one for Ramza anyways.

robotuw

Trials are permanently in the game, it's fine if you don't manage to beat them day1.

I like to get them done day 1 since most people here will switch their friend unit to the most helpful build they can manage. Later on there will be fewer friends with a helpful setup (like putting Golem on Orlandu for the raid) Still, everyone here is so darn nice they'll switch back to that build whenever you ask so it's a moot point.

Kouriozan

Thanks to this event I now have 14 10% Moogles and 11 5% ones (195% trust), still missing 3 10% from the trials (Greg / Echidna / Ultros)

Thanks to this event I now have 14 10% Moogles and 11 5% ones (195% trust), still missing 3 10% from the trials (Greg / Echidna / Ultros)

Daaammn I wish I could have the will power to save mine. I only have 30% at the moment because when I'm grinding TMs I like to just get em done asap.

Visceir

Got about 110% saved up now too. It'll be nice to be able to instantly get whatever TM I want in future (Tidus/Rikku TMs being the most likely candidates)

Lucreto

Finally finished the Dark Ifrit and Dark Siren battle with Tuffymons character. It took 4 hours, started at 8.30pm and just finished at 1.30am

I won't do that again soon. I am off to bed now.

Lyrian

And Stage 10 is done.

Even shorthanded, the bosses are easy once ATK/MAG broken.

That was a fun event, although a bit too hungry on energy at one time for my liking. Can't argue about the rewards though.

Over 100% in moogles burning a hole in my pocket with no 5* base to use them on. Will see what E3/Anniversary brings, otherwise considering dumping them on Kelsus when he is obtainable. Non-materia LB crystal (+2/round) boosting will be nice in the right situations on the right units.

I did the Espers battle again and got the 2 summons achievement.

It took ~6.5 hours the first time, having two Shines hiding. I used the same setup again, but each one obviously died after making their summon. Upon the second's death (~15 min), I switched from repeat macro to leaving Ling on auto w/out auto LB. This run only took 4.5 hours.

Thanks again, Tuffy! <3

Over 100% in moogles burning a hole in my pocket with no 5* base to use them on. Will see what E3/Anniversary brings, otherwise considering dumping them on Kelsus when he is obtainable. Non-materia LB crystal (+2/round) boosting will be nice in the right situations on the right units.
Sitting at just over 200% myself. I'm holding out for a lucky 5* draw, but if not then I'll probably drop them on Rikku and Kelsus. Having both TMs on her will be great and I can use Kelsus's TM to LB farm a bunch of characters vs Ifrit.

Tomorrow!

Microsoft's conference kicks off E3 at 2p PDT. So, a day earlier than normal.

On a Sunday? Weird but cool! Looking forward to seeing more of the Scorpio as I intend on it being my Ultra HD Blu-ray player.

As for my moogles, they have Tidus' name on them ;) Although I have more than 100% but I think now that I got into the habit of saving them for Tidus it will be easy to just always save for specific characters. Namely because I have the most essential of my TMs already for the most part. I forget if Rikku's was a must have, I want to say it was something good. I'll have to check what it is again.

Tomorrow!

Microsoft's conference kicks off E3 at 2p PDT. So, a day earlier than normal.

Technically it started earlier today with EA's conference. But it's EA so who gives a shit.

Hope Microsoft actually has some exclusives to show with Scorpio otherwise my hype for it is dead.

Lyrian

But it's EA so who gives a shit.

That just made my day. Thanks for that!

Interested to see what the FFBE triple E3 announcements (Wed 11:15a, Thu 10:45a, Thu 3:45p livestream; all PDT) have in the cards. Drama, drama, drama. Of which there will be tons of it tomorrow as well as the joy of watching the annual ritual of GAF console warriors being banned over who "won" E3 via their stage conferences.

Syntsui

I hope Square announce a Global version for that new Dissidia, it looks really good and consumer friendly.

My expectation for Brave Exvius' anniversary content is very high so I'll need something else to divert the incoming disappointment.

Technically it started earlier today with EA's conference. But it's EA so who gives a shit.

Hope Microsoft actually has some exclusives to show with Scorpio otherwise my hype for it is dead.
I'm hyped enough imagining watch LOTR and SW in 4K whenever they come out.
I hope Square announce a Global version for that new Dissidia, it looks really good and consumer friendly.

My expectation for Brave Exvius' anniversary content is very high so I'll need something else to divert the incoming disappointment.
I'll be keeping an eye on that too. I never played the previous entries but I bought them on PSN I think so maybe on my Vita one day. The promo looks cool and I need to control my boy again. Bummer that we have to wait until Wed for FFBE but yeah, looking forward to seeing what they have to go and honestly, I'm not even sure what they could do to wow me. I'll just be damn happy to get the inventory upgrades, WoL 6*, and I'd love to hear them say FFX banner is finally coming but I doubt that last one will be touched upon.
I have 350% saved up. Why? I don't even know anymore.

S5WR1g9l.jpg
yh8WzpCl.jpg

662UI8el.jpg

God ham! Depending on how long it takes for the FFX banner to get here, that could be me eventually haha

Celegus

Luneth
Agrias
Dark Knight Cecil
Luneth
Mercedes

Are all of Luneth and DKC's skills worth upgrading? Cut Through and Sword Master seem like no brainers, not sure about Advance for Luneth. DKC's all seem pretty nice but I'm not positive (don't have him but my wife does, she'll be happy to finally try him out someday)

Azuran

Banned
Plus all that Lapis. You are a monument of self-restraint. I can't keep more than 10k for any meaningful amount of time. Are you saving for a particular banner?

I'm going all in for Tidus. All of that was originally for Aileen, but I got Orlandeau in the first pull in that banner, so the hoarding continues.

Syntsui

Are all of Luneth and DKC's skills worth upgrading? Cut Through and Sword Master seem like no brainers, not sure about Advance for Luneth. DKC's all seem pretty nice but I'm not positive (don't have him but my wife does, she'll be happy to finally try him out someday)

This will depend on your team and your perspective for the future. Let's say you have Ramza or an enhanced Mercedes (War Cry), then Advance becomes useless and it would make no sense to ever use it. Support Crysts should go to Ramza > Mercedes > WoL > please save until you pull any of them.

Cut Through will become powerful, like, ridiculously powerful but still, it's a freaking 1 hit attack in a meta dominated by chainers. It's a decent finisher and it will make him viable again as a damage dealer. If you don't pretend to get Cloud or any other of the future ridiculous finishers that will hit for 1k%+, upgrade it!

Sword Master is a must if you want to make full use of him, that's 80% more attack out of the blue.

All things considered, there are and there will be way too many better units than Luneth, if you don't have nor pretend to pull for any of them, invest in him, if you do have other top tier PHY damage dealers, fuck his existence.

Celegus

This will depend on your team and your perspective for the future. Let's say you have Ramza or an enhanced Mercedes (War Cry), then Advance becomes useless and it would make no sense to ever use it. Support Crysts should go to Ramza > Mercedes > WoL > please save until you pull any of them.

Cut Through will become powerful, like, ridiculously powerful but still, it's a freaking 1 hit attack in a meta dominated by chainers. It's a decent finisher and it will make him viable again as a damage dealer. If you don't pretend to get Cloud or any other of the future ridiculous finishers that will hit for 1k%+, upgrade it!

Sword Master is a must if you want to make full use of him, that's 80% more attack out of the blue.

All things considered, there are and there will be way too many better units than Luneth, if you don't have nor pretend to pull for any of them, invest in him, if you do have other top tier PHY damage dealers, fuck his existence.

Well, I don't exactly "plan" on getting any future 5*s. I'll get what I happen into, so who knows if that'll be another finisher or not. I do have Ramza which made Advance seem unnecessary (in the far off future). Right now my best finisher is Trance Terra with Alterna... my other 5* physical units Yun and Noctis aren't especially great finishers.

Lyrian

That carnage from earlier on Reddit is really something.

The guy that took over macros from Pwnology, McGillby, knew the ban was coming for self-promotion and scorched earth literally everything macro related on his way out the door.

Will be interesting to see if someone picks up the slack in the newly created void, as he nuked it all from Reddit (although for now, you can still download the macros off his own website).

Visceir

That carnage from earlier on Reddit is really something.

The guy that took over macros from Pwnology, McGillby, knew the ban was coming for self-promotion and scorched earth literally everything macro related on his way out the door.

Will be interesting to see if someone picks up the slack in the newly created void, as he nuked it all from Reddit (although for now, you can still download the macros off his own website).

Going by what I read in the thread he deleted all his stuff from reddit when his last thread got deleted and that somewhat affected the decision for his ban...not that it really matters much.

All the carrying and macro stuff is rather cancerous anyway.

Ken

Brave frontier is returning, with Vargas being added with some global exclusives, and Tilith and Maxwell getting their 6* forms. Maxwell trial is also obviously back so you can get her if you missed her last time. Get that sweet sweet power of creation....

Enhancements for:

Ace
Cloud of Darkness
Firion
Jake
Karl
Seria
Elza

Warrior of Light 6 star released "in the very very near future" (This month)

Esper Reset coming with the 1 year anniversary, along with "many features being updated" to be talked about at E3

Source

Awakenings available after maintenance on 6/15, Brave Frontier starting the next day

(Hopefully ~70 tickets plus a special one is enough for Tilith, and yay now one of my 3 Aces can become useful! (maybe two in the future))

kgY4Pe9.png
wvxEI8j.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6gkceb/brave_frontier_part_2_and_new_enhancements/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom