• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Rixa

could anyone explain to me how i equip my ''Defense'' line of units before going in the sheratan fight?

I can equip the offense ones just fine but when I try to equip any unit in the defense line the equip button is grayed out.

is that how its supposed to be or am I just dumb at this point

My guess: they are in expedition mode atm.

... that's it. Good guess

Thanks for the help, I am real dumb lol

This happened me before I did read your post @Whales

Hrm. I use ~20mins to get expeditions so that they don't effect my 10 man trial build ups and make my units ready and equipped
Then I go to event, wtf!"#¤#%%/% all the units are without eqs
Now Iam staring that screen whilst my friend unit is naked DKC. Argh, to equip these 10 units again, fuck the shit.

Everyone is also getting 10000 Lapis for logging in. Accept period is 10 days starting 10/10 so might be a good time to start an account if anyone is interested.

Nyx, Vargas, Maxwell, Tilith, Crow, Glauca, Gouken, and Silvia are getting Ability Enhancements.

Thats Anniversary 2 stuff?

Kozmo

It's a mission reward, so it'll be in your unit list automatically.

Also, be advised that the moogle doesn't look any different from the regular 10% ones. You have to check the TM values to identify which one it is (although it'll be the first one listed if you sort).

Thanks dudes. Been playing since near the beginning and this game still has the capacity to make a fool out of me. :)

Everyone is also getting 10000 Lapis for logging in. Accept period is 10 days starting 10/10 so might be a good time to start an account if anyone is interested.
Weeeeelll, I hope we get a similar treat, as no always get stuff for our anniversary, it would just be fair

First off, my condolences. At least you saw the good that came of it. What 6th are you looking for btw? I know I took a single tank style (Noctis, with a Rem friend), and while useless in the first half, he was invaluable in the last half, for that physical evasion goodness... and my team only had to deal with the magical aoe/WD. Not sure if Tidus triggers the water aspect which can make him go haywire so to speak, but probably does.

I don't even know, I read about the fight a while back but now I'd need a refresher. That water trigger sounds familiar. I think there's a time you want to use it and other moments you don't. Considering my Tidus has two water swords equipped...rut roh. Am I remembering right that the fist and mastery rewards from that trial are BiS for a number of characters? If not, I don't have to do the trial but I want to say it was really good on just about any dps, including Tidus.

Rixa

My initial impressions of The Troubled Strategist is that the fight sucks badly.

- It costs 50 nrg
- Its in Farplane (no friends)
- Its 5 man fight (and 5 reserves)
- Reraise in tank makes it die twice in one turn
- Noctis took hit of 37000 damage
- Wilhelm took hit 13000, died, reraised, died again

Yeah fuck you trial, not giving another try for this for ages. Same as Malboro trial, fuck you too.

Fuck Eve

Kouriozan

Next step up banner in Japan is only 11k for all 5 steps, it's basically free since they'll give 10k Lapis, but only increase the banner's only 5* chances this time.

Dandte

My initial impressions of The Troubled Strategist is that the fight sucks badly.

- It costs 50 nrg
- Its in Farplane (no friends)
- Its 5 man fight (and 5 reserves)
- Reraise in tank makes it die twice in one turn
- Noctis took hit of 37000 damage
- Wilhelm took hit 13000, died, reraised, died again

Yeah fuck you trial, not giving another try for this for ages. Same as Malboro trial, fuck you too.

Fuck Eve

Your willhelm should survive it. Use the first turn for hefty debuffing and buffing your squad. You could als use a combination of cover and provoke tank.

I usually go in with wol/rikku/dv/old man/and tillith ord ev (though you don‘t have him right?).

Wol: light with us
Rikku: lb-burst from pouch or pod-shield
Dv: impact
Oldman:cleansing strike for stones
Tillith: stat buff or ev dmg cut.

After the inital round it‘s just play till treshold. I always loose with only sheratan left with around 30% hp left. Guess i will try the victoria strat at some point.

As for tilltih enhancements, making her prism heal cheaper is great. Regarding the step up. Can someone translate how it works?

Normal rainbow chance with a 5x higher Chance of getting raegan and not an offbanner?

Also why is reddit hyping wwf? She is squishy, no initial mp refresh or resist anything. I get the ridiculous spr and healing power, but i wouldn‘t value her higher than tillith.

Rixa

Your willhelm should survive it. Use the first turn for hefty debuffing and buffing your squad. You could als use a combination of cover and provoke tank.

I usually go in with wol/rikku/dv/old man/and tillith ord ev (though you don‘t have him right?).

Wol: light with us
Rikku: lb-burst from pouch or pod-shield
Dv: impact
Oldman:cleansing strike for stones
Tillith: stat buff or ev dmg cut.

After the inital round it‘s just play till treshold. I always loose with only sheratan left with around 30% hp left. Guess i will try the victoria strat at some point.

Thanks for these, also got tips in Discord. Leveling Soleil now and buffing her with HP stuff.
My problem is lack of oldman :p Got DV tho and not going to enhance Agrias.
Alo 0 EV (Only Veritases I have are FV & DV)

c-murph

Just starting to grind out ingredients for Candy.

Does Sugar only appear in Ayaka Search 1 and water in Ayaka Search 2?

Running a 5-man Xon Team run with one Pod 153 equipped.

First 10 runs sugar...

3, 4, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 2, 3 = 30

First 10 runs water...

3, 4, 3, 1, 4, 3, 3, 4, 1, 3 = 29

I don't know if Xon does anything. lol

Thanks for these, also got tips in Discord. Leveling Soleil now and buffing her with HP stuff.
My problem is lack of oldman :p Got DV tho and not going to enhance Agrias.
Alo 0 EV (Only Veritases I have are FV & DV)

Any reason why you arent going to enhance agrias? Her and dv can make short work of the fight. You can have noct evade tank if you'd like as well. A few pages back posted a strat that worked for me from reddit.

So reading through the last couple of pages and it seems Global outspends JP.

Told you all that we get treated like crap because there is no incentive. No matter how crap rates are or how much more generous they are to JP we are still dumb enough to keep tossing tons of money at them.

If I were them I wouldn’t give anything extra either. Why should I?

Look at yesterday as a good example. How many here said they spent $500+ chasing Ayaka, a unit to this day in JP is not essential?

We do this to ourselves.

Now stop given them money damnit so I can get Ramza enhancement!

Outside of that I did manage to snag a Leo this morning. Shield is now at 55%. Im on my way now guys! Almost there.

Rixa

Any reason why you arent going to enhance agrias? Her and dv can make short work of the fight. You can have noct evade tank if you'd like as well. A few pages back posted a strat that worked for me from reddit.

Leveling Agrias in pro at the moment, not sure if I have enough crysts for her. Then my Victoria is 4* :p. Well this might take some time to get things done, burning nrg pots.

NomarTyme

Leveling Agrias in pro at the moment, not sure if I have enough crysts for her. Then my Victoria is 4* :p. Well this might take some time to get things done, burning nrg pots.
Dude leveling up Agrias is gonna change your team dynamic so much. You should have done it sooner! I only have DV too! And having enhanced Agrias is night and day for trials.
So next event information is up. The new 5-star is
Reigen
and seems they might be quite powerful. They have a CG movie for LB too! The TMR sounds like it might be nuts.. There'll be a step up banner like the Sephiroth one as well. The 4-stars are another Bard and a DPS that uses an old school cannon, lol. 3-star unit has a 120 damage Lightning gun that's 1H too.

Nyx, Vargas, Maxwell, Tilith, Crow, Glauca, Gouken, and Silvia are getting Ability Enhancements.

Royal Crown is the next 12 Equipment trial. 50 MAG, 32 SPR, 16 DEF, Null Confusion and increases effective rate of Burst Stones. Trial also has a 40% DEF + regen ability.
Awesome! News! I need a step up banners for healers though, After failing to get CG Fina.

Lyrian

While Tilith's looks disappointing.

It's curse of Orlandeau, again.

By now, Gumi has surely placed Alim on the same page with global enhancement logic. Thus, sadly once meta, never meta again. No reason to pull for the newest units otherwise.

Tilith's enhancements are really weak. The only real pluses are that Prism Heal becomes more reliably spammable with the XL mana cost decrease (probably to 50 or 60), and Celestial Light probably becomes a 60% full stat buff with an normal duration.

But, if Gumi is really going to hammer home the point that she is a 4* base, her enhancements cemented that in carbonite. None of her weaknesses were addressed at all. Petrify is still her kryptonite, she still can't heal herself with Prism Heal, and she still can't dualcast anything.

She's backup healer territory at this point at best. Even that is hard to argue in a world of Ayaka and CG Fina.

Also, BF unit enhancements = BF-3 banner incoming soon? If so, I'm going to go hide in my fallout shelter for when JP Elza arrives.

Poor Fryevia on Global, when she falls out of the meta someday...

greyshark

50 pulls plus 2 guaranteed 4* tickets - still no Sylvia. I think I'm done - I'll take my 40k lapis remaining and wait for a different banner.

Rixa

Dude leveling up Agrias is gonna change your team dynamic so much. You should have done it sooner! I only have DV too! And having enhanced Agrias is night and day for trials.

Awesome! News! I need a step up banners for healers though, After failing to get CG Fina.

Eh yeah. See these 2 pics. ~20 Gem vortex runs difference :(

Screenshot_20171008-172433.png
Screenshot_20171008-180549.png

I have burned today +5m gil to leveling & abilities (got Soleil from 4* to 6* and max abilities).

Celegus

So next event information is up. The new 5-star is
Reigen
and seems they might be quite powerful. They have a CG movie for LB too! The TMR sounds like it might be nuts.. There'll be a step up banner like the Sephiroth one as well. The 4-stars are another Bard and a DPS that uses an old school cannon, lol. 3-star unit has a 120 damage Lightning gun that's 1H too.

After the S1 ending, was wondering when they'd show up! Sounds pretty awesome!
50 pulls plus 2 guaranteed 4* tickets - still no Sylvia. I think I'm done - I'll take my 40k lapis remaining and wait for a different banner.

I'd love one too for my Trance Terra with 4 L&A, but chasing on a double gold banner for just +60 mag over enhancer... I'll just wait until she decides to show up. She can even have one of my 100% moogles.

greyshark

I'd love one too for my Trance Terra with 4 L&A, but chasing on a double gold banner for just +60 mag over enhancer... I'll just wait until she decides to show up. She can even have one of my 100% moogles.

That's been my attitude as well - but I still haven't gotten many of the 4* units I've missed out on over the past few months. Victoria finally showed up for me as an offer banner gold pulling for Slyvia - I'm not sure I care about her TM anymore.

Celegus

That's been my attitude as well - but I still haven't gotten many of the 4* units I've missed out on over the past few months. Victoria finally showed up for me as an offer banner gold pulling for Slyvia - I'm not sure I care about her TM anymore.

Yeah it's random for sure. I still don't have Grace, Bran, Helena and some others but I got 6 Victoria and 5 Amelia during NieR (plus a bunch of others obviously, but the most of them). If I'm going to go after someone on a double gold, they better be worth using and not just TM fodder

Rixa

Today I gained way more Guard crysts than Power crysts. Obviously you really dont need much Guard Crysts. Iam literally swimming in Guard Cryst.

I havent bought GCrysts from event and seeing this may not buy them in the future either.

Vade

Okay...so who on Gaf didn't got Ayaka aside me..this feels like antoher Orlandeau/ling/Noctis/Zyrus/Ashe situation. It feels like Gaf was amazingly lucky, especially with low amount of resources used...except certain persons.

20k lapis 10tickets no Ayaka got 1 Luneth instead :(.

Lyrian

Yeah it's random for sure. I still don't have Grace, Bran, Helena and some others but I got 6 Victoria and 5 Amelia during NieR (plus a bunch of others obviously, but the most of them). If I'm going to go after someone on a double gold, they better be worth using and not just TM fodder

Yeah, chasing golds with Global's half on-banner rates versus JP is almost pointless.

Slowly tripping over the missing golds naturally. Grace, Sohze, Rasler, and Water Veritas showed up over the last two weeks. This week has yielded Wind Veritas so far. Although, I'm still painfully missing Earth Veritas and Ashe (double ouch).

It's just so not worth it most of the time.

greyshark

Yeah, chasing golds with Global's half on-banner rates versus JP is almost pointless.

Slowly tripping over the missing golds naturally. Grace, Sohze, Rasler, and Water Veritas showed up over the last two weeks. This week has yielded Wind Veritas so far. Although, I'm still painfully missing Earth Veritas and Ashe (double ouch).

It's just so not worth it most of the time.

With the rates as bad as they are, I feel like there's no point in ever targeting a specific banner. Just randomly pull and you get what you get I guess. Makes me afraid to really ever spend my lapis.

Kouriozan

I'm still lacking Setzer (in addition to Ashe/Rasler/Wind/Earth/Water Veritas) so I could never do those cheese strats people kept talking about. That's how it is when you rely on free pulls only hehe.
Looks like Setzer cheeses are over anyway, so no big loss, still need a Wind Veritas for my Fohlen.

Xion86

Finally caught up with the last few pages! Congrats on those who got lucky with pulls. I haven’t used many tickets but still hoarding...

HgoxQ3Kl.png

HHhnWicl.png

I’m trying to catch up with things right now, I actually ended up grabbing the three items I didn’t have from that event, and finally got the latest Esper:
xKkSlxWl.png

Ff3HFPil.png

The current event is super short...unless I’m missing something now that I need to do...hmm.

Just trying to finish the story (nearly there!) and then grab the last keys and quests.

Oh...the game seems to be WAY more stable for me now since launch! I’m not seeing crashes I used to get on my iPad during Arena or Exploration battles.

Hello everyone. I have been meaning to try out this game but the content seems overwhelming (a la FFXIV).

Is the GAF playbook/guide on the OP still reliable? I see it hasn't been updated in about a month.

Celegus

The current event is super short...unless I’m missing something now that I need to do...hmm.

Did you talk to the mustachioed moogle next to mog king that takes candies? Run Ayaka quests 1 & 2 to make more candy, there's some good cheap stuff to be had there.

Alkez

Just finished making my second 100% moogle and am wondering who to use it on. In regards to 5* bases the only ones I have that aren't TM'd are Light Veritas and Ramza #2. Would LV be a good use for the moogle? It's only 10% less than letters and arms (which I haven't farmed yet) and I feel the 20% hp boost would be appreciated on mages/Fryevia.

In regards to 4* bases I have that I could use it on I have wind Veritas, Earth Veritas, Victoria, and Werei.

Muku

Did my half daily on Main. Got crap.

Alt I just did my half daily and got Artemios. Yeah. Spent three normal tickets and more crap like Celes.

Decided on alt though to use a 4* ticket. Only had one but why not. Gold. Then went to RAINBOW. Ayaka. Woot! I was hoping for something else on alt but I will take her!

Alkez

Did my half daily on Main. Got crap.

Alt I just did my half daily and got Artemios. Yeah. Spent three normal tickets and more crap like Celes.

Decided on alt though to use a 4* ticket. Only had one but why not. Gold. Then went to RAINBOW. Ayaka. Woot! I was hoping for something else on alt but I will take her!

Saw this and thought "maybe I should do some pulls...on JP" lol. After 7 off banner yellows 3 days ago on the last lid daily banner I got:

Daily half priced pull - yellow - off banner
First ticket - yellow - off banner
Second and third ticket - blue
Forth ticket - yellow - Rikku

Finally. I don't even really need her as I have Fina for ReRaise but I wanted the option. Only took 10 yellows to get her...my luck in these games with yellows has always been horrible.

Also, congrats lol.

I always pull on Sunday, I have had good luck lately on Sunday pulls.

1/2 price was a Rikku, third so whenever I get to TM farm a pouch I’ll have three to work with.

And I already pulled an ayaka and everything else but a gouken so I’ll keep the rest of my tickets and stuff

Muku

Saw this and thought "maybe I should do some pulls...on JP" lol. After 7 off banner yellows 3 days ago on the last lid daily banner I got:

Daily half priced pull - yellow - off banner
First ticket - yellow - off banner
Second and third ticket - blue
Forth ticket - yellow - Rikku

Finally. I don't even really need her as I have Fina for ReRaise but I wanted the option. Only took 10 yellows to get her...my luck in these games with yellows has always been horrible.

Also, congrats lol.

Hahaha. Best I have on JP is.... Refia. Like my alt had until I just got Ayaka. Main still has Refia.

Thank you! Looking forward to trying her out. Used a bunch of Cactaur I had. Ended up getting her to like 80 something 6*. Had enough NRG to run until I ran out and it capped her. I still need to get Aiden's robe on there though.. Maybe I'll work on that next.

I am tempted to on JP. Until I saw banner this morning. Going to run more story to build up. I want
Raegan
. The CG character I would like... Fina... remains to stay hidden.

Dandte

Used my expedition ticket....Got a Yuri..at least on banner.
General opinion on
Adamantite Chest of the Saints: 47.99 USD

10 Tickets, 2x 4 Star Rarity+ Guaranteed Ticket, 20 NRG Restore, 3 Trust Moogle (ALL 10%), 2500 Lapis.

Kinda feels pricey though 2 4* tickets.

robotuw

Used my expedition ticket....Got a Yuri..at least on banner.
General opinion on

Kinda feels pricey though 2 4* tickets.

The 10 tickets and 1 4* equate to another 5k lapis. The 3 trust moogles work out to about 600 NRG. Assuming 150 max NRG, with the pots that's another 530 lapis. So you're paying $50 for ~8k lapis and a 4* ticket. The "best" bundles in the past have been 10k lapis for the same price with a few extras. It's an ok bundle, though personally I'm not giving money to Gumi again without seeing some big changes.

Dandte

The 10 tickets and 1 4* equate to another 5k lapis. The 3 trust moogles work out to about 600 NRG. Assuming 150 max NRG, with the pots that's another 530 lapis. So you're paying $50 for ~8k lapis and a 4* ticket. The "best" bundles in the past have been 10k lapis for the same price with a few extras. It's an ok bundle, though personally I'm not giving money to Gumi again without seeing some big changes.

Exactly my thoughts. I would rather wait for the christmas/new year bundle and a possible bonus ex point event. Iirc japan hat X1.5 event on ex points. The biggest bundle would give 150 points. Though it isn‘t as tempting since Lorraine will be a gacha unit.

tuffymon

I don't even know, I read about the fight a while back but now I'd need a refresher. That water trigger sounds familiar. I think there's a time you want to use it and other moments you don't. Considering my Tidus has two water swords equipped...rut roh. Am I remembering right that the fist and mastery rewards from that trial are BiS for a number of characters? If not, I don't have to do the trial but I want to say it was really good on just about any dps, including Tidus.

If I recall... you can use water attacks 2x while charging world destroyer, and it makes it weaker... the third and on makes it MUCH stronger (i used a fish scale for emergencies). So you might be able to just defend that round, and attack others if you really want Tidus. Yes, fist/mastery are SO strong, that for some characters you can equip the materia to use fist weapons and still be better than what you had prior.

NomarTyme

Eh yeah. See these 2 pics. ~20 Gem vortex runs difference :(

I have burned today +5m gil to leveling & abilities (got Soleil from 4* to 6* and max abilities).
Yeah the vortex is garbage with bunch of Xons too. Sorry you should be able to enhance her after next story event.

I really needed a decent healer.

25k lapis, 48 tickets, 1 4+ ticket, 2 10+1 tickets

Zero rainbows. I think this is by far the worst gatcha I've played as far as drops go.

Top Bottom