• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Imagine you get lightning. Instant flashbacks to when you were excited to get the new matchbox Spaceshuttle but all you got was the hotwheels charger looping.

Dang it, I wanted to respond to this with the gif of Bart opening a gift only for it to be the putt putt golf magazine but for some reason can't find it.

Pejo

Was anyone unlucky enough to get Lightning with the recent free 5* ticket?

I somehow have 7 Olives, 2 Orlandu, 2 Dark Veritas, 2 Light Veritas, 3 Queen, 3 Ramza, 3 Trance Terra, 2 of each of the Dark Finas and yet not a single Lightning has cursed me with her fowl presence. She knows better.

Still no Fry either ; ;

I've pulled Lightning 3 times. Once when she was initially released and she was a great carry here during that time.......and twice in the last 2 months lol. And I somehow have 4 Orlandu. Pulled for 2 during his first banner and got them both. And in the last 3 months pulled another two lol.

Muku

[JP] Whew. Story event stuff done. Got the crysts and feeling good. Finally got enough of anything to update something on Tidus! I think it's his dodge magic thing. Have some left over NRG so going to go Chamber of Crystal farming. Need them white and attack ones.

Pejo

I've pulled Lightning 3 times. Once when she was initially released and she was a great carry here during that time.......and twice in the last 2 months lol. And I somehow have 4 Orlandu. Pulled for 2 during his first banner and got them both. And in the last 3 months pulled another two lol.

I Remember your lightning carrying me through Tower of Babel (FFIV event). She was a beast.

Man I just now realized that the candy you can farm and craft from the Ayaka event has a mog ki...er.....butler(?) collection event, and it's really good too. I hope I can make enough to at least get all the support/power crysts with the time left. Is this the most unannounced and easiest mog collection event ever?

Syntsui

I have 5 DKC, 3 Zargarbanzos, 3 Lightnings, 3 Luneras, 2 Fire Veritas, 2 Dark Finas, 2 Dark Beach Finas, 2 Luneths and 2 Gilgamesh.

Lunera and Dark Finas are the only ones that can be used in a meaningful way with multiple copies, the rest is straight up uselss/TM fodder. It's disgusting how unlucky I am with dupes.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It is supposed to be Christmas.

If the 3% rate ain't out by then, we are officially past JPN when they had it. So it better be out by then.

And my 5*. After some 300-400$ spent total. I hit 10 unique and 12 total
1. Luneth
2. Noctis
3. Ramza(3x)
4. Orlandu
5. Rem
6. Aileen
7. Fry
8. Lunera
9. Bikini DFine
10. Ayaka

All but Ramzas came from free pulls, so don't spend money on this game.

And if we're listing who we want. Marie

hmm, just free daily pulled Ayaka, certainly wasn't expecting that.

just found out they gave us a 5 star ticket, eh i don't want to use it.

EDarkness

You guys have a good bunch of 5* base units. I thought I had a lot, but maybe I don't looking at other people's lists.

Mine are:

Tidus
Noctis
Aileen
A2
2B
Lightning
Orlandu
Luneth
Dark Fina
Rem
Maxwell
Y'shtola

I might be forgetting someone, but I'm glad I don't have any dupes so far. I do still have that 5* ticket that they gave us that I haven't used. Not sure what to do with it right now, though.

robotuw

My dupes are 2 Lightning, 2 Queen, and 2 Emperor. 0/3 for units you would actually want dupes of. 2 Wisdoms and 2 Mateus Malices ain't bad though.

Just popping in and see people listing shit.....I wanna list shit...so just dupes. Pretty sure it's 7 Orlandu, 6 Queen, 5 Luneth, 5 Aileen, 5 Noctis, 4 Emp, 4 Dark Fina, 4 DKC, 3 Delita, 2 A2, 2 2B, 2 Ramza, 2 Zarg, 2 Reberta, 2 Fry, 2 Rem, 2 TT, 2 Greg, 2 Ace, 2 Lightning. So I have been thinking if the new Halloween units end up being good (Sakura mainly) I'm coming back for that, otherwise it will probably be the next limited banner after that.

Dandte

Luneth x2
Randi
Greg
D. Fina
Marie
Aileen x2
Tidus
Ramza
Fryevia
Old Man
Dark Veritas
Prishe (probably the most useless for me atm)

I wish i would finally pull Noctis or Willhelm.

My most wanted units atm are

Ayaka -> Noctis -> Willhelm -> Onion Knight -> Trance Terra -> Emperor

Edit: Looking at other people's lists and seeing all these a2 and 2b brings back nightmares...

Broseybrose

Noctis, Noctis, Aileen, Marie, Lightning, Wilhelm, Ayaka. I REALLY would like Orlandeau and Dark Veritas. Still sitting on my 5* ticket as I just pulled Ayaka so I need my luck to build up again lol.

Going through the main story picking up equips I finally hit 300/300!

I sold Ruby Breastplate and Military Plate (from Zoldaad) to make a little room. I wouldve never used those, but theyre unique so it didnt feel right selling them!

Been mad TM farming. Got 2 Patriotic Recalls this week. With Arsha's Talisman and Soluna Band my WoL is at 11750 HP and 536 DEF.

Im currently farming Wilhelm's Shield so that should be a nice boost to DEF and SPR.

After the current batch Im going to focus MAG/SPR TMs.

Muku

Only counting ones you pull. Y'shtola, Maxwell, Arianna's aren't listed.

My 5* bases:

Main
x1 Luneth
x2 Orlandu
x2 Gilgamesh
x1 2B
x1 Yun
x1 Prishe
x1 White Knight Noel
x1 Dark Knight Cecil

Alt
x1 Fohlen
x1 Onion Knight
x1 A2
x1 Trance Terra
x1 Ace
x1 Dark Knight Cecil
x1 Delita
x1 Ayaka

JP
x3 CG Reagan
x1 Fayt
x1 Sephiroth
x1 Prishe
x1 Aileen
x1 Jiraiya
x1 Fohlen
x1 Tidus
x1 Onion Knight
x1 Elufuri
x1 Wilhelm
x1 CG Sakura
x1 CG Nichol
x1 CG Lid
x1 CG Shera
x1 Lightning
x1 Reberta

As you can see, I get lots of love in JP. I only started the time they gave what.. a 5k to start or extra big pull or something.

Muku

JP players, how high have you managed to get Raegan's attack?

Just so I don't get this wrong this time, when does the story event end lol?

Reagan's not my main focus. So he's not as high as he could be. His attack is 559 right now. Will probably get Sephiroth's old weapon once I get his katana to him. He's at 88.x% right now after getting 10% Moogle from the story stuff earlier. I might even have him go DH to run some stuff to see how he compares to DW right now.

Got enough crysts to upgrade 3 of Tidus 4 things to upgrade. So they are all +1 right now except the buff one.

Oh, just realized on Reagan that he had an ATK +10% in all 4 ability slots. Just realized I had the ATK +10% + Man Eater one he could put on so he can pewpew people better.

The Story Event runs until October 20 00:59.

Azuran

Banned
Elza
Lightning
Dark Fina
Fryevia
Orlandeau
Noctis
Emperor
A2
2B
Veritas of the Light

I made it to 10 without a single dupe!

Xevren

5 Star bases I got (excluding maxwell/yshtola/kelsus)

Reberta (first one I got, from daily)
Noctis (also daily)
Aileen (anniversary)
Fryevia (daily)
2B (only rainbow I've gotten from 10+1 oddly enough)
Prishe (free pull)
Queen (compensation)

Azuran

Banned
5 Star bases I got (excluding maxwell/yshtola/kelsus)

Reberta (first one I got, from daily)
Noctis (also daily)
Aileen (anniversary)
Fryevia (daily)
2B (only rainbow I've gotten from 10+1 oddly enough)
Prishe (free pull)
Queen (compensation)

I hate it. All of my rainbows except for 2B and Orlandeau have come from daily or ticket pulls. Seriously, I only 10+1 as a last resort lol

I've been REALLY fortunate:

Ayaka
A2
2B
Fryevia x2
Veritas of the Flame
Orlandeau
Ace
Noctis
Knight Delita
Lunera x2
Trance Terra x2
Emperor
Queen
Gilgamesh
Luneth x2

Xevren

I hate it. All of my rainbows except for 2B and Orlandeau have come from daily or ticket pulls. Seriously, I only 10+1 as a last resort lol

10+1's have been the main way for me to get the 4 star characters I never get. Like I've struck out on Ashe (until I did a 10+1) and all the Veritas units. And of course Silvia which im kinda butthurt about. I'm really trying my best to not do 10+1's until rainbow rate change.

It's been a long time since I looked at all my 5* base units, so I decided to tally them up since you guys are.

Zargabaath
Wilhelm
Veritas of the Flame
Veritas of the Dark
Vargas
Tidus x 2
Rem
Reberta x 2
Ramza x 3
Queen x 4
Orlandeau x 5
Olive x 3
Noctis x 3
Marie
Luneth x 2
Lunera
Lightning x 3
Gilgamesh x 2
Freyevia
Fohlen
Emperor x 2
Delita x 3
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Fina x 2
Ayaka
A2
2B x 4

That's 53 times I've gotten a rainbow to drop. Over the course of the life span of this game(as I never had a fake rainbow prior to the change way back when). And roughly $1,800 spent I wish I could take back.

robotuw

Oh we doing full lists?

In order:
Lightning (daily)
DKC (ticket)
Ramza (ticket)
Noctis (ticket)
Emperor (10+1)
Orlandu (ticket)
TT (daily)
Emperor (ticket?)
Dark Fina (guarantee 5* 10+1)
Queen (also came on the guaranteed 5*)
Queen (free daily)
Lunera (free daily)
A2 (ticket)
Zarg (ticket)
Lightning (ticket)
2B (ticket)
Ayaka (ticket)

I consider 10+1's to basically be useless. Everything I wanted to get came from tickets or random dailies. That's with about $100 spent. All on bundles.

Broseybrose

It's been a long time since I looked at all my 5* base units, so I decided to tally them up since you guys are.

That's 53 times I've gotten a rainbow to drop. Over the course of the life span of this game(as I never had a fake rainbow prior to the change way back when). And roughly $1,800 spent I wish I could take back.

Jeezus that's quite the whale's list. But the money spent makes my head spin.

While I wish I had your unit list, I could never spend that much money on a game. I literally couldnt afford it.

And I remember you expressing regret at how much money you spent (I think on Nier).

I hope you come to terms with the spent money and just enjoy your status as a whale!

Oh we doing full lists?

I consider 10+1's to basically be useless. Everything I wanted to get came from tickets or random dailies. That's with about $100 spent. All on bundles.

Same here!

Nice list, too.

bonkeng

My 5* dupes:

Ramza x ∞
Tidus x4
Lightning x3
A2 x3
Fryevia x3
Onion Knight x3
Orlandu x3
K Delita x2
Aileen x2
Noctis x2
Dork Veritas x2
Fohlen x2
Yun x2
Emperor x2
DKC x2
Olive x2
Gilgamesh x2
Lunera x2
Marie x2

Jeezus that's quite the whale's list. But the money spent makes my head spin.

While I wish I had your unit list, I could never spend that much money on a game. I literally couldnt afford it.

And I remember you expressing regret at how much money you spent (I think on Nier).

I hope you come to terms with the spent money and just enjoy your status as a whale!

I've come to terms but I will always regret it lol. It's simply an absurd amount to spend and stupidity got the best of me. But seriously, never ever again will I spend a cent on it. What I'm working with will have to last the life span of Exvius. Till the server's drop dead. The last game I spent hundreds of dollars on (nexons run with dungeon Fighter) happened to meet a cruel fate and that should've been a lesson learned. But here I am having repeated the same mistakes again. Hopefully this is the last time.

My 5* dupes:

Ramza x ∞

Lmao!!

I think bonkeng, zera_bloodwinter(I think?), hippo (if you're coming back) and myself may be the last remaining Exvius GAF whales if I'm not mistaken.

Actually maybe there are other whales I'm not even realizing. Hard to say.

Kozmo

I think bonkeng, zera_bloodwinter(I think?), hippo (if you're coming back) and myself may be the last remaining Exvius GAF whales if I'm not mistaken.

I lurk, but I'm a stupid, casual whale too.
I've spent thousands on this game, maybe approaching 10k. Worst part is, while I have most of the 5 star guys, my equipment selection is still relatively crappy. It boils down to me rarely doing tm farming. I hate myself for not having the self control, but it compensates for my lack of dedication to this game. Other than running all the events, clearing the arena orbs, and doing expeditions, I don't devote the necessary time. Feels bad man.

I lurk, but I'm a stupid, casual whale too.
I've spent thousands on this game, maybe approaching 10k. Worst part is, while I have most of the 5 star guys, my equipment selection is still relatively crappy. It boils down to me rarely doing tm farming. I hate myself for not having the self control, but it compensates for my lack of dedication to this game. Other than running all the events, clearing the arena orbs, and doing expeditions, I don't devote the necessary time. Feels bad man.

*hugs* here for ya man.

Isn't it kinda ridiculous how TMs are actually more important than 5* units though?
I guess I should reiterate that's it's even more ridiculous how long it takes to obtain TMs. I only started TM macro farming back in April, and it completely changed my power level.

I've come to terms but I will always regret it lol. It's simply an absurd amount to spend and stupidity got the best of me. But seriously, never ever again will I spend a cent on it. What I'm working with will have to last the life span of Exvius. Till the server's drop dead. The last game I spent hundreds of dollars on (nexons run with dungeon Fighter) happened to meet a cruel fate and that should've been a lesson learned. But here I am having repeated the same mistakes again. Hopefully this is the last time.

Lmao!!

I swim in much shallower waters these days friend. You must carry the torch now.

Kozmo

*hugs* here for ya man.

Isn't it kinda ridiculous how TMs are actually more important than 5* units though?
I guess I should reiterate that's it's even more ridiculous how long it takes to obtain TMs. I only started TM macro farming back in April, and it completely changed my power level.

Yeah, I have to say most of my TMs were obtained through brute force (e.g., fusing tons of Chizurus or Cecils together). Anyway since we're listing 5*s, here's what I currently have, (minus a couple of Delitas and Olives):

Ramza x3
DKC x3
Luneth
D. Fina x2
Orlandeau x3
Aileen x2
T. Terra x2
Fohlen x2
Dork Veritas x4
2B x2
Olive x5
Fryevia x3
A2
Lightning x3
Delita x5
Ace
Gilgamesh
Marie
Rem x2
Wilhem
Maxwell
Y'shtola
Lunera
Merc Ramza
Veritas of the Flame x3
Onion Knight
Veritas of the Light x2
Noctis x4
Ayaka x2
Elza
Yun
Reberta x3
Zarbablarghf
Queen
Seabreeze D. Fina

For some reason Tidus and Emp have avoided me (just like Greg did until I wasted hundreds on the developer's choice banner recently).

I'm still sitting on 4 5*Ex tickets.

Fuck me.

Lyrian

Dark Fina
Dark Knight Cecil
Elza
Fire Veritas
Lunera x2
Luneth
Olive
Orlandeau
Tidus x2

1 rainbow crystal yet to be shattered

Ehh.. had more rainbows than I thought.

Celegus

Heh I'm still waiting on my first TM from only fusing dupes (not counting raid units of course). I believe Sabin is at 95% and will most likely be my first.

Broseybrose

Wow the whales are coming out of the shadows tonight,

I always knew Bonkeng was a whale. His dupe list is 3x the size of my list lol.

And yes it is true, TMs are where the real power lies in this game. They can make almost any group of units great.

greyshark

My list - totally f2p:

Dark Fina x2
Seabreeze Dark Fina x2
Mercenary Ramza x2
Emperor
Marie
Wilhelm
Olive
Fryevia
Reberta
Prishe

Not a bad list - dupes are lame though.

NeoCross

F2P, my rainbows so far:

Noctis
Rem
Gilgamesh
Onion Knight
Trance Terra
Veritas of the Light
Ayaka

That's like 1.25 rainbows a month since I started in june. Not bad I guess!

across

Ramza (x3)
Randi
Gilgamesh
Orlandeau
Dark Fina
Delita
Trance Terra (x2)
Olive (x2)
Queen (x2)
Wilhelm
Marie
Dark Knight Cecil (guaranteed 5*)
Zargabaath
Veritas of the Naruto
Veritas of the Flame
A2
Lunera (5* EX ticket)
+
1x unused 5* EX ticket

----

Only really want a hybrid attacker (LV, Fryevia) and Ace of the unacquired 5* units. I've been lucky with my lack of duplicates. Only Ramza is unfortunate. I have high hopes for double enhanced Trance Terra in a week or so, we'll see if that pays dividends or not.

NomarTyme

Bikini Fina - Compensation free 5 star pull
Dark Veritas - 10 +1 pull
Rem - Free Anniversary pull
Emperor - Ticket pull

Been playing since the launch of the game. Probably spent over $130 in this game.

List time? I'll update my post from the Stash talk last month:

Fully F2P, started day 1 of Soft Launch.

Stash
15k lapis
34 tickets
1 4* tickets
20 EX tickets
1 4* EX tickets
3 10+1 tickets

Rainbows
Noctis (Original Banner)
Delita (Off Banner, just before G5)
Ramza (Guaranteed 5* Banner)
Trance Terra (Off Banner, NieR)
Emperor (Off Banner, NieR)
Seabreeze Dark Fina (Off Banner, NieR)
Rem (Off Banner, Ayaka)
Dark Fina (free 5* Ticket)

Time Limited
Tilith x2
9S x5
Ling
Xon x4
WW Fina x2
Black Cat Lid
Primm x2
Cupid Artemios x2
Cupid Luna x3
Maxwell

Bonus - Troll Rainbows
Duane
Golbez
Chizuru
Vanille
+ 2 or 3 others that I blocked from memory.

wilstreak

5* :
DKC
Lightning
Randi
Emperor
Olive
Gilgamesh
Ramza
Wilhelm
Ramza (DUPE)
Lightning (DUPE)
Queen
Trance Terra
Lunera
Ayaka (got it after this week maintenance)

I don't have any 5* Physical chainer, no healer (no Tilith) and due to some stupidity, i sat across 600+ Kelsus Gem and 0 Kelsus

Stash right now
1 5* EX ticket
1 4* Ex Ticket
20 3* EX ticket
3 10+1 Multi pull
25 regular ticket
20K lapis

My alt pulled a lightning on the 5* ticket.

My main has the following 5*
Olive
Delita (rerolled until I had Olive and another 5* within first 5k and tickets during the free 11 pull in March)
Marie
Gilgamesh
Dark knight Cecil
Ace
Wilhelm
Marie (dupe)
A2
Ace (Dupe) (5* ex earned ticket)
Onion Knight
Orlandeau
Ayaka
Flame Veritas (5* free ticket)