• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Alkez

Numbers seem correct to me. That write up made sense, thanks for that.

One thing I'm interested in is how her chaining move works with her TDH build, because you can "dual cast" it which is interesting. I wonder if it'll work like Lila's where the chain breaks in the middle.

LucaMac

Cactaur dunesed out of it. Dark Veritas is maxed at 120 and Ive Tidus ip to 116 (would have been capped if Id got the "great success's" that I did with DV). Calling it a day. No idea how much longer weve the fuse up rate but advise all who have 7*s unlocked make use of it with the dunes while we do, especially if the cactaur fusing trick isnt intended and gets patched out. It does seem too good even ifit does make sense....

EDarkness

Cactaur dunesed out of it. Dark Veritas is maxed at 120 and Ive Tidus ip to 116 (would have been capped if Id got the "great success's" that I did with DV). Calling it a day. No idea how much longer weve the fuse up rate but advise all who have 7*s unlocked make use of it with the dunes while we do, especially if the cactaur fusing trick isnt intended and gets patched out. It does seem too good even ifit does make sense....

I saw your Dark Veritas. Holy shit man, that guy is awesome. *jealous*

fionel

Well, 3 steps and 50 tickets got me Duke, Ace, Majin Fina, Rinoa, Lunera and Yuna. Not a bad haul, but I guess I need to do some more story missions for Squall.

I'm so jealous. 3 steps and 10 tickets including a 30% rainbow ticket gave me nothing but the guaranteed rainbow which we a Beatrix. I haven't gotten an on banner unit for way too long...

Shouta

I'm so jealous. 3 steps and 10 tickets including a 30% rainbow ticket gave me nothing but the guaranteed rainbow which we a Beatrix. I haven't gotten an on banner unit for way too long...

Ouch. =(

I got up to Step 4 and got Dupe Rem, Rinoa on Step 3. Squall on Step 4. Working on getting Lapis for my last step.

I was gonna do a write-up of all the characters but basically, there are more good characters than meh ones in the 7-star batch. The two Finas and Rem are probably the least good of the bunch though they all have nice points to them.

fionel

I 7*'ed Fohlen and Ramza since these they're the only ones I could. Fohlen is totally meh as he has no enhanced modifiers on his attack skills nor new attack skills. Ramza's only new gimmick is W-break which enables him to do 60% debuff on two of the four stats + his usual buffing shenanigans - not a huge improvement. Looks like I'll have the top-tier 7* thirst for quite a while :(

Really pisses me off that not a single rainbow came out from last 14 gold tickets I've used. The two 30% rainbow tickets gave me Krile and Fran, respectively. It's almost insulting.

wilstreak

It is official, Altema has given us number. LOL

98/100 : Dark Veritas, Wilhelm
97/100 : Ramza, Queen
96/100 : Lightning, Orlandu, Tidus, Aileen
95/100 : Onion Knight, Trance Terra, Emperor, Squall
94/100 : Delita, Rem, Rinoa
92/100 : Luneth, DKC, Ace
91/100 : Sexy Fina
90/100 : Dark Fina, Marie
87/100 : Fohlen

To be honest I don't understand why Wilhelm got such a high score.
From my understanding, he still can't cover magic, right?

Also all 6* get their score scaled accordingly.

Shouta

I 7*'ed Fohlen and Ramza since these they're the only ones I could. Fohlen is totally meh as he has no enhanced modifiers on his attack skills nor new attack skills. Ramza's only new gimmick is W-break which enables him to do 60% debuff on two of the four stats + his usual buffing shenanigans - not a huge improvement. Looks like I'll have the top-tier 7* thirst for quite a while :(

Really pisses me off that not a single rainbow came out from last 14 gold tickets I've used. The two 30% rainbow tickets gave me Krile and Fran, respectively. It's almost insulting.

Ramza is kind of a jack of all trades now and good at it. He has -60% breaks for each stat and can use 2 per turn which makes him better than a S2 Lid without Max LB. He has a new AOE bubble to help mitigate damage in a new way. He has a 600% attack for support, and he has his buffing. You don't have to switch characters at all unless you really need some of the other stuff they provide.

As for Fohlen...

https://twitter.com/ilikegod1/status/925415200156557312

He's gonna be a jump god when they let us decide when to drop, lol.

fionel

Ramza is kind of a jack of all trades now and good at it. He has -60% breaks for each stat and can use 2 per turn which makes him better than a S2 Lid without Max LB. He has a new AOE bubble to help mitigate damage in a new way. He has a 600% attack for support, and he has his buffing. You don't have to switch characters at all unless you really need some of the other stuff they provide.

As for Fohlen...

https://twitter.com/ilikegod1/status/925415200156557312

He's gonna be a jump god when they let us decide when to drop, lol.

Thanks. I could use some comfort with this lol

I guess Ramza is unique in the way that he can choose which two stats to debuff. The AoE Bubble only absorbs 2k damage so it cooould be useful in some situations but unfortunately it can't be used every turn.

Muku

Had a crazy pull session. I used everything in JP. All five 4* tickets. All 40 regular tickets. All three 5* EX tickets. 15k lapis.

Got Squall on the 36th ticket. Got Lightning (dupe) on my Step 3 of the banner. The 5* tickets yielded Elfried (dupe), CG Sakura (dupe), and Roy.

Edit: Oh! Forgot to add I 7*'d Lightning and Tidus. :)

wilstreak

Had a crazy pull session. I used everything in JP. All five 4* tickets. All 40 regular tickets. All three 5* EX tickets. 15k lapis.

Got Squall on the 36th ticket. Got Lightning (dupe) on my Step 3 of the banner. The 5* tickets yielded Elfried (dupe), CG Sakura (dupe), and Roy.

Can you confirm that Lightning is indeed better than Tidus?

Muku

I am leveling them now. Using a bunch of RNG pots to run Dunes before it ends. This rate up stuff is helping. Got Tidus to 108 now and hoping to have Lightning there shortly. After that, it's bed.

Edit: Damnit Lightning. Got an Amazing Success. She is now @ 111 while Tidus sits at 108.

EDarkness

I managed to scrounge up another 5k lapis in JP and did the next step on the banner and got 3 rainbow crystals. They ended up being Queen, Knight Delita, and Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh is nice as it'll allow me to get a Genji Glove, but Queen? What a bummer. I was hoping to get at least one Squall or Rinoa, but no luck there. I guess I'll have to keep going on the mission grinding to get another 5k to try again.

LucaMac

I saw your Dark Veritas. Holy shit man, that guy is awesome. *jealous*
He's going to be even nicer when I get him his own TM. I thought he was at cap (1200ish) but I've seen dual wield builds go up to 1500/1600 with 7*. Hopefully I can push him on further.

Alkez

:eek: you used them?? I guess it's just me left. I just want
S2 Rain
to enter the pool then I'll use them.

Grats on all the good pulls. 2 7* units! Well ahead of me. If only Gilgamesh was one of the units.

Different rolls now. Tidus is mainly a TDH chain ender while Lightning is a chainer. Not really able to compare the two. I would say on paper both are "top tier" in their respective roles at this current point in time.

I managed to scrounge up another 5k lapis in JP and did the next step on the banner and got 3 rainbow crystals. They ended up being Queen, Knight Delita, and Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh is nice as it'll allow me to get a Genji Glove, but Queen? What a bummer. I was hoping to get at least one Squall or Rinoa, but no luck there. I guess I'll have to keep going on the mission grinding to get another 5k to try again.

You should probably read the discussion between Shouta and myself on the other page lmao. Unless you hate the character she is pretty strong now.

Alkez

So do you guys only play JP now?

I made a post about this a couple pages back when we were talking about the JP tag on our posts (or lack thereof). Because most of the GL players have gone to "the other site" it makes most sense for me to post GL stuff there. I still like GAF and because the JP players have remained here it makes sense to post that stuff here. I don't particularly want to post everything twice so that's why you only see JP posts from me over here.

Plus there's the fact that 7*s just hit. Even on "the other site" that's all they're mainly talking about despite few of them actually playing JP. A big change like this is likely to dominate discussion for a while.

I'll still post theorycrafting discussions here though as you and Zera are the only ones who are really interested in going off "meta" and I believe he still checks this site.

Pejo

I made a post about this a couple pages back when we were talking about the JP tag on our posts (or lack thereof). Because most of the GL players have gone to "the other site" it makes most sense for me to post GL stuff there. I still like GAF and because the JP players have remained here it makes sense to post that stuff here. I don't particularly want to post everything twice so that's why you only see JP posts from me over here.

Plus there's the fact that 7*s just hit. Even on "the other site" that's all they're mainly talking about despite few of them actually playing JP. A big change like this is likely to dominate discussion for a while.

I'll still post theorycrafting discussions here though as you and Zera are the only ones who are really interested in going off "meta" and I believe he still checks this site.

Ah gotcha, I must have missed that. I'm still on this site, not going to the other one because I don't particularly care for a lot of the mods that went there, but I'll bounce between here and Reddit.

I haven't really looked into 7* much at all, past the initial talk of needing dupes to make one and 7 units to Super TM. Do the Auras get even more ridiculous or did they finally tone it down? I wish for 7* they'd let us choose which version of the sprite we want to use. I'd go to probably the original version every time. These glows and auras get really ridiculous after a while. Poor Xiao.

bonkeng

Ah gotcha, I must have missed that. I'm still on this site, not going to the other one because I don't particularly care for a lot of the mods that went there, but I'll bounce between here and Reddit.

I haven't really looked into 7* much at all, past the initial talk of needing dupes to make one and 7 units to Super TM. Do the Auras get even more ridiculous or did they finally tone it down? I wish for 7* they'd let us choose which version of the sprite we want to use. I'd go to probably the original version every time. These glows and auras get really ridiculous after a while. Poor Xiao.

Almost all, if not all, 7* units have auras now.

EDarkness

So do you guys only play JP now?

I've been kinda bored with Global so I figured I'd try out JP. To be honest, i like my team on Global more than JP, but having a fresh outlook on the game has kinda rekindled that flame I had for the game. Just not that interested in a lot of stuff going on in Global, and my frustration at not getting Illusionist Nichol just pisses me off on top of the Halloween even being some kind of silly trail with crappy rewards. I just wanted to have fun with it, but Gumi didn't think that's what we wanted.

Oh well, gonna keep messing around in JP until I get bored of that, too.

Muku

:eek: you used them?? I guess it's just me left. I just want
S2 Rain
to enter the pool then I'll use them.

Grats on all the good pulls. 2 7* units! Well ahead of me. If only Gilgamesh was one of the units.

Different rolls now. Tidus is mainly a TDH chain ender while Lightning is a chainer. Not really able to compare the two. I would say on paper both are "top tier" in their respective roles at this current point in time.

You should probably read the discussion between Shouta and myself on the other page lmao. Unless you hate the character she is pretty strong now.

Thank you! I did. Addie and Syn helped egg me on the pulls. Hahaha. It was fun. I just figured what the hell. Syn was rooting for Rinoa for me. That didn't happen. Just Squall. I figured what did I have to lose? Right now the 7* is out and if I got dupes, all the better. Holding on to them didn't feel like much right now. But this MK I'm going to stock pile again. Plus I gave discord some entertainment for a while. XD

I did find out Elfried has a TDH TM deal. So.. with my second dupe of her last night folks were jealous. I didn't realize. I hadn't worked on her at all. So once OK is done (70.7%) I will be working on at least one of hers. I guess both since one is going to Sephiroth and maybe try one on Tidus.

Ailile

Neo Member
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster.
-- I applied some seven + months ago and got in today.

I'm probably already on some of your friend's lists. I'm the girl who usually has Ashe up as a companion.

I have a lot of others, but thought she was versatile to be helpful.
If there is someone else the community requires, I'd be happy to switch if I have the unit high enough level.

Good to be here.

Hello everyone,

I'm probably already on some of your friend's lists. I'm the girl who usually has Ashe up as a companion.

If there is someone else the community requires, I'd be happy to switch if I have the unit high enough level.

Good to be here.

Hi and welcome. Should probably post your friend ID so those that don't have you can add you. Also some of the community is between 3 different places: Here, Discord, and Resetera.

Mipcgamer

Hello everyone,

Good to be here.

.- Welcome :D, good luck.

.- Had to wait for months to be aproved too, and using a university email, so stupid.

.- My code is 639.430.058, what's yours?

.* Time is runnning out, looks like I'm not getting an iNichol biblethump

Muku

Hello everyone,

Good to be here.

Welcome! :D Always good to have new folks join us.

fionel

Got all 13 event tickets and burned through them all - still no rainbows. So now I'm out of all my resources again. Gonna lay low for a while before it gets to me.

Lyrian

Hello everyone,

Good to be here.

Eight months, actually, looking at your profile.

You finally made it in!

/hugs

Everyone, this is my better half, who near daily kicks my ass and is proud of it.

Try not to get perma'd until you get of probation, okay?

bonkeng

Hello everyone,

Good to be here.

Hello and welcome. As everyone said, if you need help in clearing some content, leave your id here so we can send you an invite.

Hello everyone,

Good to be here.
Lol u got fucked dude. Been waiting all this time and then everybody leaves for another gahdamn forum

Pejo

Hello everyone,

Good to be here.

Welcome to the thread! Nice seeing some new life after the mass exodus. I think I added you back when Lyrian posted a while ago, but if not my ID is 014,414,382. I can also offer just about any type of unit you need as a friend unit, and that goes for anyone left in the thread. Right now I'm rocking high attack Dark Veritas with Excal to be helpful for anyone still trying Nightmare Inner Chamber.

eggydoo

Welcome to the thread! Nice seeing some new life after the mass exodus. I think I added you back when Lyrian posted a while ago, but if not my ID is 014,414,382. I can also offer just about any type of unit you need as a friend unit, and that goes for anyone left in the thread. Right now I'm rocking high attack Dark Veritas with Excal to be helpful for anyone still trying Nightmare Inner Chamber.

How much harder is nightmare compared to ELT?

Pejo

How much harder is nightmare compared to ELT?

I had a much, much harder time with it. Beat my head off the wall a lot, and tried like 7-8 totally different party layouts. It ultimately depends on:

-How quickly you can take him down after 60/40% thresholds
-How good your MP recovery options are, and mostly -
-How lucky you get with RNG and him using siphon many times in a row.

I had to give up the 5 man mission, and beat him the first try after that, but I was getting too frustrated and had to regain some sanity.

I even got a Demon Rain, maxed him out and fully enhanced him just to try the counter method, but he kept dying since I had him mostly fitted for ATK/Undead Killer. Could have possibly gone better if I had more Wisdom materia from Queen.

Pejo

So what are the "must have" maxed out LB's now?

I have:

Noctis (from back in the day, kinda worthless now)
P. Cecil (kinda worthless now)
Tidus (still good, but I use DV/Orlandu now instead of dual Tidus for chains, less setup)
Rikku (Don't know why I even did this one, since I have Zarg)
Earth Vertias (never used him yet)
Ayaka (just finished hers)

And I'm working on iNichol now. After he's done I guess I'll do my A2's, since it gives a pretty hefty damage bump.

What about you guys? I feel like I wasted a lot of LB pots on the above, though the Cecil one was great for a long long time.

Muku

I have:

Tidus (still good, but I use DV/Orlandu now instead of dual Tidus for chains, less setup)

And I'm working on iNichol now. After he's done I guess I'll do my A2's, since it gives a pretty hefty damage bump.

What about you guys? I feel like I wasted a lot of LB pots on the above, though the Cecil one was great for a long long time.

To be honest... and this is going to sound awful, but I haven't maxed anyways out all the way. :( Orlandu's is close. Somewhere in the 24.

You did the Cecil one though back in day and got him maxed before breaking caps, right?

EDarkness

I have:

I constantly have no idea who's LB to actually work on. I ended up doing Rikku and Minfilia to cap. I'm almost done with A2 and working on Illusionist Nichol right now. Beyond that I've been randomly giving pots to different units for no rhyme or reason. Again, I have no idea if any of them are really worth it.

Pejo

To be honest... and this is going to sound awful, but I haven't maxed anyways out all the way. :( Orlandu's is close. Somewhere in the 24.

You did the Cecil one though back in day and got him maxed before breaking caps, right?

Yea, I actually ascended a second Cecil just to max him out easier. His buffs were amazing for a long time and is really the only LB before Tidus/Ayaka that I don't regret maxing.

I constantly have no idea who's LB to actually work on. I ended up doing Rikku and Minfilia to cap. I'm almost done with A2 and working on Illusionist Nichol right now. Beyond that I've been randomly giving pots to different units for no rhyme or reason. Again, I have no idea if any of them are really worth it.

You didn't do so bad for not really thinking about it. I feel like Gumi should be a little more liberal with the bigger burst pots. I'm noticing a trend here in that a lot of the LBs are only viable for a short amount of time. It sucks to waste months worth of pots on a unit to only have it maxed by the time the unit or the LB isn't relevant anymore.

Muku

Yea, I actually ascended a second Cecil just to max him out easier. His buffs were amazing for a long time and is really the only LB before Tidus/Ayaka that I don't regret maxing.

You didn't do so bad for not really thinking about it. I feel like Gumi should be a little more liberal with the bigger burst pots. I'm noticing a trend here in that a lot of the LBs are only viable for a short amount of time. It sucks to waste months worth of pots on a unit to only have it maxed by the time the unit or the LB isn't relevant anymore.

I thought that was the case. That's not as bad though. It's worse when you moved 'em on before finding out about it. But not going to lie, it wouldn't stop me. Takes too long to get them to max just to move them on. :(

I hear you on that. I don't think they'll have more burst pots, but I still don't see the issue with having more out there. There are so many units to begin with, it wouldn't hurt them.

LucaMac

40 NRG Maze rains burst pots. Even some of the big ones, and it's a guaranteed full path through. You never get kicked out early. It's a good 7 to 8 months away for Global though I think...

Alkez

Yeah that's fair enough. I'll definitely still respond to stuff about GL and everything. Tbh I do most of posting in discord now. I didn't really like it at first but I got used to talking to people in there over the days GAF was down, as opposed to posting in a thread. Zera and I were talking about it yesterday actually, how it feels like no one is posting (on here and the other site).

Hello everyone,

Welcome friend. It's nice to have some fresh blood round here haha. I don't think I have you on my friends list. If you have space post your code and I'll send you an invite.

Got all 13 event tickets and burned through them all - still no rainbows. So now I'm out of all my resources again. Gonna lay low for a while before it gets to me.

Honestly if I could give you 1 of my 2 remaining 5* tickets I would. I just know those how bad it can feel when seems like everything is continuously shitting on you.

Lol u got fucked dude. Been waiting all this time and then everybody leaves for another gahdamn forum

Some of us are still here (clearly lol). This is just a chance for us to expand our community.

I think I've done all the same ones as you except I don't have Ayaka or Tidus. I've been doing 2Bs recently. I have 2 of her so will do both. And then iNichol. After that I dunno. Nothing I currently have really needs them outside of those.

40 NRG Maze rains burst pots. Even some of the big ones, and it's a guaranteed full path through. You never get kicked out early. It's a good 7 to 8 months away for Global though I think...

It's actually amazing. I got Sakura's LB to max and nearly maxed Nichol's. Wish I had done it more during the anniversary.

Kozmo

I've have a shit ton of mini lb pots. They're just such a pain in the ass to use for any progress on limit levels. It's almost like the equivalent of using minitaurs to level a unit from 0-100

Ailile

Neo Member

Yep, Lyrian go me playing FFBE.
It's all his fault!

My number is:

- That's pretty easy, isn't it?

evangd007

50 summons into the Halloween banner. Only 1 on-banner gold (pJake). I've now pulled more Goukens than banner golds.

I'm starting to feel like the people who couldn't pull 9S on Nier.

50 summons into the Halloween banner. Only 1 on-banner gold (pJake). I've now pulled more Goukens than banner golds.

I'm starting to feel like the people who couldn't pull 9S on Nier.
I pulled a bunch of goukens and no on banners for this one too.

And the fucked up thing is I typically always get on banner golds besides nier but I had just came back and barely pulled anyway.

I think it's over for us bruh, cucked till next halloween

Top Bottom