• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

CGwizz

So next banner sucks and i was here alone thinking, i love Tidus, Tidus is good and maibe it will be years until another great Final fantasy main character, Squall and Cloud, just do it Gumi.

My body was ready for a pull, and i said fuck it. This is result

Sem_T_tulo.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Soon as in there **might** be a chance that Ramza's enhancements before the end of 2017.

There's no way Ramza's enhancements come out until at least a full month after Roy. If they did, there would be no reason to pull for Roy. And if Gumi has been consistant on one thing on Global, it's that a unit's enhancements generally don't come until after a replacement unit arrives that has equivalent or better skills.

On the JP schedule, Roy is still ~4 months away, meaning that Ramza's enhancements wouldn't show up until December at a minimum.

That gives Zuffuppagus at least 4-5 months to dominate Global. Even then, he still has the advantage of not being locked down due to singing, which does have value. Through the end of Season 1, no one offers an equivalent to a 60% all stats buff, without requiring singing.

Gumi removed the language on the banner about "Max 1" Kelsus.

They aren't coming out in Dec, they'll be coming earlier for sure.

Roy will be the alternative to Ramza if you don't have him.

Think Trial wise, A tank like WoL or Will is needed for Robot. Cecil wouldn't cut it.

The following trial is Blood Moon, where Ramza or units like it are more needed. They have been pretty good about always giving us what we need for each trial, but never the JP OP way. Ramza along the power scale would be fitting in well around there.

They'll also run into the issue of who to enhance. If they are skipping over every unit that is either OP to begin with or becomes OP. Enhancement turn around for some characters are going to be 3 months. Let's assume Queen and Giglamesh are next. Who after?

Luneth? DKC? Ramza? Orlandu? Eileen? Randi? Marie? Dragonlord? Because these are the ones missing from the first 7 batches and each one is either a drastic jump, not in the game, or already a unit that is OP.

The next lot would be Rem and Forren, who both just came out in May/June for August Enhancement.

I guess they could start to enhance the Limited characters, but wouldn't it be better to save them for their banners again? Which I'd assume if they were going to enhance them, would have done so already.

Syntsui

How often do the EX rewards refresh? Or do they automatically reset once I reach the last tier?

I'm ready to go all in tomorrow, but maybe it's better to wait for Lorraine.

Whales

Banned
So after 2 days of tinkering and researching I finally managed to make Memu macros work properly. Yay!

Now, I remember when I quit and my 800atk noctis was pretty good... Now everyone in my FL has 909* atk lol. Time to catch up

Also EX rewards reset every 300 points, no need to wait

Visceir

Think Trial wise, A tank like WoL or Will is needed for Robot. Cecil wouldn't cut it.

My robo team was rikku, rem, chizuru, prishe, ramza and fire veritas, no tank needed.

It's sort of amusing to read posts from strictly GL players sometimes as they seemingly have the theory part down but don't really know how things actually operate.

I'd wager on Ramza enhancements happening within the next 2 months.

Don't think I'd actually need Ramza for robo or moon though or any of the trials after. For 10-unit content many stray away from bards in general as you can't switch out units while a bard is singing.

tuffymon

My robo team was rikku, rem, chizuru, prishe, ramza and fire veritas, no tank needed.

It's sort of amusing to read posts from strictly GL players sometimes as they seemingly have the theory part down but don't really know how things actually operate.

I'd wager on Ramza enhancements happening within the next 2 months.

Don't think I'd actually need Ramza for robo or moon though or any of the trials after. For 10-unit content many stray away from bards in general as you can't switch out units while a bard is singing.

So... Zargagasdagagag will have a decent use in the near future >.>; interesting...

Does anyone else find it weird that Zarga's kit is dps / tank / support, but he can't use shields, and his sprite shows 2 weapons, yet no dual wield?

Visceir

It said the boss of the XII event is a dragon right? Reberta and her harem of Vaans here to save the day!

The part2 boss on JP was Cid+Famfrit. Guessing that's the same for GL, that will be the actually somewhat challenging part of the event. Tidus with water resist buff made it somewhat easy back then.

c-murph

So after 2 days of tinkering and researching I finally managed to make Memu macros work properly. Yay!

Now, I remember when I quit and my 800atk noctis was pretty good... Now everyone in my FL has 909* atk lol. Time to catch up

Also EX rewards reset every 300 points, no need to wait

So I can spend 900$ and get three 5* tickets?!

Whales

Banned
So I can spend 900$ and get three 5* tickets?!

youd actually get 3 5* tickets for 800$ ;)

If you start at 0 points

This new system makes me feel bad for spending money before... For 300$ now you get a guaranteed 5* + other goodies + no more 5* crystal trolls

Back then you could spend 300$ and get a 5* Alma.

Lyrian

So next banner sucks and i was here alone thinking, i love Tidus, Tidus is good and maibe it will be years until another great Final fantasy main character, Squall and Cloud, just do it Gumi.

Congrats on the hawt Edge ninja action!

Trying to finish up some key quests while not TM farming, got a mission to kill 10 hungers. Is there a best way to do this? I've done 3 runs on levels with them and not even seen one. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever ran into one.

Shouta

Robot and the trials after it are way more rough without a Bard character but not impossible because they keep releasing characters with strong, short buffs that do the job. It'll just take longer as a result.

Sem_T_tulo.jpg

That is amazing, congrats!

NomarTyme

Trying to finish up some key quests while not TM farming, got a mission to kill 10 hungers. Is there a best way to do this? I've done 3 runs on levels with them and not even seen one. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever ran into one.

I did the Kill 10 Hungers while the NRG were halve energy on the snowy plains. Good luck.

I did the Kill 10 Hungers while the NRG were halve energy on the snowy plains. Good luck.

Yeah I can tell this is gonna be a real bitch. Burned over 100 NRG and killed 2 :/ Sucks because my plan was to use that to put a dent in my missing earth keys and got all of 20% of a single mission done lol

This right here pisses me OFF! I'm a firm believer that if you pull a rainbow on a banner the rainbow needs to have a much higher chance of being the god damn banner unit and not something else. The chances of pulling a rainbow are slim as is man. I get it, gatcha, gatcha, gumi make money, blah blah but damn that shit pisses me off.

And then this happens. I fucking can't!!!! Where is mah Tidus!?!?!??

https://imgur.com/gallery/FNa9T

tuffymon

Dunno how you managed to read that out of what I said.

Well, you specifically said that you can't swap out while singing which is a deterrent on singing characters, whereas Zarga's buff isn't a song for a fair 60%... seems to me that that could make him have a purpose, even if limited in nature.

Lyrian

The following trial is Blood Moon, where Ramza or units like it are more needed. They have been pretty good about always giving us what we need for each trial, but never the JP OP way. Ramza along the power scale would be fitting in well around there.

They'll also run into the issue of who to enhance. If they are skipping over every unit that is either OP to begin with or becomes OP. Enhancement turn around for some characters are going to be 3 months. Let's assume Queen and Giglamesh are next. Who after?

Luneth? DKC? Ramza? Orlandu? Eileen? Randi? Marie? Dragonlord? Because these are the ones missing from the first 7 batches and each one is either a drastic jump, not in the game, or already a unit that is OP.

The next lot would be Rem and Forren, who both just came out in May/June for August Enhancement.

I guess they could start to enhance the Limited characters, but wouldn't it be better to save them for their banners again? Which I'd assume if they were going to enhance them, would have done so already.

The core theme so far for Global has to been to slooooooooow doooooooown the power creep in the game. Ramza was a giant pole vault of a power jump, which was Alim being stupid. Gumi is not following the same path. Buffs are taking the very long scenic route up to enhanced Ramza. With Zaaargamel, Global is barely creeping from 55% buffs (Vanille's +2s) to 60% buffs. That's pretty minor.

Trial wise --> WoL is now the baseline 4* for trials, and Wilhelm is the 5* tank. Mistair is still pretty far away.

Enhancements --> There's always Global Exclusive Enhancements (Ex: Garnet's evoking potency) to buff those weak characters to make them suddenly OP.

I'd say that this would be the perfect time for some more Global Exclusive Trials and Banners to fill in the holes because Ramza isn't happening anytime soon for Global. As much as I'd like to bring my Ramza off the bench, the cold reality of the matter is that Gumi is going to do their damnest to break people off the idea of needing enhanced Ramza on Global.

Honestly fam, i know that you dont give a fuck about it, but fryevia is much more unit than tidus.

Is a unit with the same exact abilities of tidus was release but not being tidus, no one will give a damn about it.

Congratz for the fryevia

Ha-ha thanks bro. It was a yolo pull. Spent $50 and got a total of 10k lapis. first pull was trash. I was like I should save this for tomorrow for Ashe but I was like damn this is the last day of Tidus, I should do this. Pulled a second time and rainbow. Heart races, crystal cracks and trust me I was happy as hell as I need her TM and yes you are indeed correct she is an insane unit. I am really glad to have her. Water boy will hopefully come another day.

Valentus

Theres no way that we will get roy so earlier, and also theres no way that they will delay ramza so much.

I think next enhancements batch will feature luneth and DKC, but after that, the next batch will def. have ramza 100%

Celegus

This is game changing, everyone should take a look.

It seriously is! Zooming on accident is pretty annoying, but it makes chaining an absolute cakewalk. Kind of silly the game doesn't normally function like this. It's perfect for Tidus and Fryevia in particular, those troublesome chainers.

Congrats Zera, that's at least the best non-banner rainbow you could get!

Mipcgamer

It seriously is! Zooming on accident is pretty annoying, but it makes chaining an absolute cakewalk. Kind of silly the game doesn't normally function like this. It's perfect for Tidus and Fryevia in particular, those troublesome chainers.

Congrats Zera, that's at least the best non-banner rainbow you could get!

Holy sparks Batman!
Sadly it's not much help for Oldmandeau (easy chains), but I can see being awesome for the others!

NomarTyme

Yeah I can tell this is gonna be a real bitch. Burned over 100 NRG and killed 2 :/ Sucks because my plan was to use that to put a dent in my missing earth keys and got all of 20% of a single mission done lol

Yeah the half enrgy cost was a good way to get rid of some of the annoying ass quest. I fee you! the Hunger quest was a true pain in the ass.

Lyrian

Coming soon.... Global Exclusive boss buffs for uber-death counterattacks upon multiple spark chaining, lol.

God damn JP, I do a single ticket and hardly been pulling on here or even playing it due to so much happening on global.

This is rainbow no.7 in... a month?

I suspect she's a dud but still, these rates are insane.

Grats I have only been logging in daily for rewards. Going something like 70-80 pulls in a row with no rainbow on a 3% rate turned me off pretty quickly. I will amass Lapis from logins and shit and pull when Sephiroth is released lol.

Syntsui

I pretty much used all I had left trying to get Basch on JP, now I have a fuck ton of characters to level before even thinking about pulling more >.>

God damn JP, I do a single ticket and hardly been pulling on here or even playing it due to so much happening on global.

This is rainbow no.7 in... a month?

I suspect she's a dud but still, these rates are insane.
If that's Yuna, she's no dud. The other JP players would know better tho!

I pulled Basch on the 1/2 price daily today in JP. I was shocked.

Grats I have only been logging in daily for rewards. Going something like 70-80 pulls in a row with no rainbow on a 3% rate turned me off pretty quickly. I will amass Lapis from logins and shit and pull when Sephiroth is released lol.

I've been doing much the same. It's really hard trying to play both when you can easily sink a whole ton of time into just one. That's some real bad luck though, it's as if you've got reverse rates on global and JP.

If that's Yuna, she's no dud. The other JP players would know better tho!

I pulled Basch on the 1/2 price daily today in JP. I was shocked.

It is yeah. I did a quick google and it seems some people were disappointed in her, but the Altema rating is quite high. I think she's a bit of an unusual unit, capable of decent heals and buffs but also capable of decent damage.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
And here I was about to brag that some combo of Reberta Mystic Thrust + Yun Raging Bird + Fohlen Sonic Blast + Friendlandu Divine Ruination was accidentally racking up 24 chains.

So now I need to learn how to use Fryevia. I really should have saved those TM's way back when she was released lol. Wiki says she can chain with Orlandu. Anyone have any experience with that? My current team is 2 Landu, TT as the finisher with ring of lucii, Tilith, and WOL tank. Should she replace TT (can't believe I'm even saying that as that's my love!) or one of the Orlandu? She's currently at 821 mag without her sword or dual wield. This is with 3 letters and arms and the Enhancer. Should I get Aqua Blade to allow dual wield as I only have 2 dual wield and 1 genji glove?

:::::EDIT:::::

Stumbled across this on reddit but sadly I only have 87 Star Quart that I need 113 more to get Equip Rod:

Just a quick heads up to all of you that were lucky enough to pull a Fryevia.

A DW Fryevia loses only 7 MAG (according to the excellent unit calculator, haven't tested myself yet) if you substitute a Letters and Arms for an Equip Rod / Draco Spike in offhand. This is assuming you would have equipped Enhancer instead.

Both Equip Rod (fat chocobo) and Draco Spike are "free" (at least if you played previous raid).

It might even be worth swapping out an LnA and give it to someone else (like TTerra or Exdeath) if you are short on them, for greater team damage (although your friend list epeen does shrink by 7 MAG)

Both builds posted below:

3x Letters and Arms (but not second needle)

Fryevia 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Fryevia's Needle +92ATK+112MAG
Left Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Siren's Robe +30DEF+40MAG/SPR+100%Sleep/Silence
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 3: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 4: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Ramuh HP:2800 MP:6200 ATK:1600 DEF:1100 MAG:5900 SPR:4500
Total Stats: HP: 4168 MP: 415 ATK: 422 DEF: 202 MAG: 896 SPR: 318
2x Letters and Arms, Equip rod and Draco Spike (still no second needle, do I look like a whale? Ok rude, I have gained some weight lately, sorry.)

Fryevia 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Fryevia's Needle +92ATK+112MAG
Left Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Siren's Robe +30DEF+40MAG/SPR+100%Sleep/Silence
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 3: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 4: Equip Rod Can equip Rods
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Ramuh HP:2800 MP:6200 ATK:1600 DEF:1100 MAG:5900 SPR:4500
Total Stats: HP: 4168 MP: 415 ATK: 370 DEF: 202 MAG: 889 SPR: 318

I've been doing much the same. It's really hard trying to play both when you can easily sink a whole ton of time into just one. That's some real bad luck though, it's as if you've got reverse rates on global and JP.

It is yeah. I did a quick google and it seems some people were disappointed in her, but the Altema rating is quite high. I think she's a bit of an unusual unit, capable of decent heals and buffs but also capable of decent damage.

You're right. It is weird how different my luck is on them, however I will take Global being my lucky version any day.

Top Bottom