• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Shouta

Daily - Fryevia.

Gacha change is god.

Nice! Gratz!

JP livestream was this morning. Next event is FFXI with the Shadow Lord and Angry Shantotto as the 5-stars. It's a Mog King event as well.

Folks will be getting a bunch of rewards for the challenge segment + as an apology for recent stuff. 20 Tickets for doubling the damage goal in the challenge, 100,000 raid coins, a free King Leo if they get approval, 1 Free Unit of Choice when the system gets fully implemented in a few months, and 2 5-star EX Tickets to tide everyone over until then.

Bunch of other news in there as well.

EDarkness

Nice! Gratz!

JP livestream was this morning. Next event is FFXI with the Shadow Lord and Angry Shantotto as the 5-stars. It's a Mog King event as well.

Folks will be getting a bunch of rewards for the challenge segment + as an apology for recent stuff. 20 Tickets for doubling the damage goal in the challenge, 100,000 raid coins, a free King Leo if they get approval, 1 Free Unit of Choice when the system gets fully implemented in a few months, and 2 5-star EX Tickets to tide everyone over until then.

Bunch of other news in there as well.

Holy shit that's awesome. I don't care about the units in the banner, but those rewards? Hell yeah! I'll need to get another Cloud since he's getting the 7* treatment.

Shouta

The 2 tickets came for JP last night. I got my first Helmless Kain and my third Cloud, lol.

I'll be ready for Cloud's 7-star form now at least.

Muku

Pulls last night in JP were absolute garbage. x2 5* EX Tickets yielded Nyx and my THIRD CG Sakura. Because apparently can't have enough of her.

Used all 20 tickets going for Golem. Finally got one. In it one went Gold -> Rainbow. Gabranth. Garbo garbo garbo.

Pulls on GL lately have been that way too. And with all Rainbows I don't have I don't get why I'm getting so many dupes of shit I already have on JP. So frustrating and disheartening. I'm praying NOT to get Rainbows now.

Faynwulf

When would be a good time to start the game? Tried to reroll something good a few weeks back and I had a horrible experience.

Pejo

When would be a good time to start the game? Tried to reroll something good a few weeks back and I had a horrible experience.

Well rates for rainbow (5* base units) just tripled from 1 to 3%, so it's arguably better now than ever. We might see some special banner/promotion for christmas though, I suppose.

EDarkness

I'd wait until the Christmas stuff starts rolling as they may be giving out goodies. Being able to start with some good stuff takes the sting off of how crappy starting out is.

Shouta

New datamine is up for JP.

Just a quick ranking of how good their upgrades were

Awesome:
Lunera
Mercenary Ramza
Knight Delita

Good to Great:
Prishe
Lorraine
Eiko

Lackluster:
Noctis
Beatrix
Cloud
Light Veritas

Unknown maybe bad?):
Fire Veritas

Lunera, Knight Delita, and Mercenary Ramza got great buffs to their kits with 7-star. Lunera basically does everything he did better and same with Delita. M.Ramza basically got the tank skills he needed and passives to help that out. He also has attack skills to go with Knight Delita as well to make him a competent pairing with his buddy.

Prishe, Lorraine, and Eiko got powered up but still have their general weaknesses from before. Of the 3, Prishe is probably the closest to being really great but she still needs another Prishe if you want to chain with her. She probably can finish quite nicely now though.

The rest got stuff but they don't really add that much to them? Noctis has new passives like a bunch of killers and modifier improvements but his new attack is a roulette like Ace's but not nearly as powerful. So he basically has the same problem he's had before. He was good before so that's not really changed.

Beatrix got the short-end of the stick because she relies on her cooldown skill to increase her damage but it has a 2 turn cooldown just kind of gimping her damage relative to other 7-stars. A real shame. If they had buffed her damage without the CD skill a bit and made the CD versions more powerful, it'd be better but nope.

Cloud is basically Squall but without the Imperils in his kit. His own grace is that his LB is insane, 2500%. When you factor in damage variance from 2H weapons and his 1.3x LB damage from his Lv. 120 passive, it's pretty nice. Still, just wish he got a more thoughtful kit.

Light Veritas just got more stats and a 1 every 6-turn 3600/4000% nuke. Not bad but she should have gotten more honestly.

Fire Veritas kind of got the same treatment and got more stuff. He has a 1 in every 8 turn 3000% ST Fire attack which is neat. He also has a new counter ability on cooldown that lets you deal damage to enemies when your party members are attacked. The big question is whether or not this counter ability triggers his Uplift or not. If it does trigger his Uplift and Full Charge Stomp, he'll be a great character now. So how good will be a matter of some testing.

evangd007

My phone broke last night so I didn't get to use the last of my ariana coins. Oh well.

Mystea is in the next banner. This is the last 4* base that is important to get, correct?

Pejo

New datamine is up for JP.

Just a quick ranking of how good their upgrades were

Awesome:
Lunera
Mercenary Ramza
Knight Delita

Good to Great:
Prishe
Lorraine
Eiko

Lackluster:
Noctis
Beatrix
Cloud
Light Veritas

Unknown maybe bad?):
Fire Veritas

Lunera, Knight Delita, and Mercenary Ramza got great buffs to their kits with 7-star. Lunera basically does everything he did better and same with Delita. M.Ramza basically got the tank skills he needed and passives to help that out. He also has attack skills to go with Knight Delita as well to make him a competent pairing with his buddy.

Prishe, Lorraine, and Eiko got powered up but still have their general weaknesses from before. Of the 3, Prishe is probably the closest to being really great but she still needs another Prishe if you want to chain with her. She probably can finish quite nicely now though.

The rest got stuff but they don't really add that much to them? Noctis has new passives like a bunch of killers and modifier improvements but his new attack is a roulette like Ace's but not nearly as powerful. So he basically has the same problem he's had before. He was good before so that's not really changed.

Beatrix got the short-end of the stick because she relies on her cooldown skill to increase her damage but it has a 2 turn cooldown just kind of gimping her damage relative to other 7-stars. A real shame. If they had buffed her damage without the CD skill a bit and made the CD versions more powerful, it'd be better but nope.

Cloud is basically Squall but without the Imperils in his kit. His own grace is that his LB is insane, 2500%. When you factor in damage variance from 2H weapons and his 1.3x LB damage from his Lv. 120 passive, it's pretty nice. Still, just wish he got a more thoughtful kit.

Light Veritas just got more stats and a 1 every 6-turn 3600/4000% nuke. Not bad but she should have gotten more honestly.

Fire Veritas kind of got the same treatment and got more stuff. He has a 1 in every 8 turn 3000% ST Fire attack which is neat. He also has a new counter ability on cooldown that lets you deal damage to enemies when your party members are attacked. The big question is whether or not this counter ability triggers his Uplift or not. If it does trigger his Uplift and Full Charge Stomp, he'll be a great character now. So how good will be a matter of some testing.

Thanks for the info, this kinda stuff interests me. I'm really bummed that Noctis didn't get a kit to make him a better chainer, that's what I was really hoping for his 7* form.

Ah well, the next unit I'm excited to see 7* or even just enhancements for is Zargabaath. 7* info is going to be really far off considering he's GL exclusive (I think?), but if they do his enhancements well, I'll still be really happy. He's currently one of my favorite units in the game.

Shouta

Correction on Lorraine/Loren, she can Full Break with her cooldown and then also apply a more powerful Full break with her LB. She can basically keep -70% to all stats pretty regularly now by swapping between the LB and the CD skill which makes her really powerful.

wilstreak

My phone broke last night so I didn't get to use the last of my ariana coins. Oh well.

Mystea is in the next banner. This is the last 4* base that is important to get, correct?

Did you imply that Gumi will let you not to pull during Christmast and maybe CNY limited banner?

Pejo

There we go. Did 2 10+1 pulls and got Mystea, Olif, 2 of the lesser dragoon 3*s, 2 of the dancer 3*s, and a double rainbow with Dupe Aileen and Duke. It kinda stinks that Duke is supposedly lackluster due to his chaining frames, I really like his sprite.

Just glad I got Mystea, she sounds hella useful.

Shouta

Got lucky and pulled 2 Shantottos and 1 Shadowlord in a half-pull and my tickets from the Nico Nico live stream.

That Tarutaru HP though....

Lyrian

Fuck man! 15 pulls, used all my 4* tix too and got fucking Duke.

Fml just want Mystea

You'll get her as a "troll" gold pulling on either Cloud's banner or the Christmas/Holiday banner, as she's not a limited unit.

Ironically, it's comical how the pull rate of Mystea (2.375%) is lower than the chance to pull a generic rainbow crystal (3%) on this banner.

c-murph

You'll get her as a "troll" gold pulling on either Cloud's banner or the Christmas/Holiday banner, as she's not a limited unit.

Ironically, it's comical how the pull rate of Mystea (2.375%) is lower than the chance to pull a generic rainbow crystal (3%) on this banner.

I got her but had to sacrifice a 11 pull to do so. I got a Rainbow on a daily the first day but it turned out to be Zaarg No.3 for me... 7* 50% STRM I guess.

Pejo

I haven't been able to drag myself through this FFXV exploration or the new side story yet, I've been in a very passive mode with this game lately.

My Sacred/Holy crystal collection was getting a little heavy recently at like 300-ish each, so I spent some NRG this weekend in Dunes so I could ascend some characters. I remember when I started, I had a goal of max ascending one copy of every character I got. So far, I haven't even maxed ascended all the 5* bases I have, lol.

Muku

I haven't been able to drag myself through this FFXV exploration or the new side story yet, I've been in a very passive mode with this game lately.

My Sacred/Holy crystal collection was getting a little heavy recently at like 300-ish each, so I spent some NRG this weekend in Dunes so I could ascend some characters. I remember when I started, I had a goal of max ascending one copy of every character I got. So far, I haven't even maxed ascended all the 5* bases I have, lol.

Finishd the story event on my main, but the crap at end just isn't worth it. Not even when you meet requirements does it seem to give you it. (3 items? Used more than 3 to make sure... didn't get reward.) No thanks. I'll just spend my NRG on moving with story.

Game lately is pretty meh though. Banners. Events. At least I'm having a little fun in JP. Despite not getting damn bonus units to save my life. But the last Raid was fun.

Andvary

Finishd the story event on my main, but the crap at end just isn't worth it. Not even when you meet requirements does it seem to give you it. (3 items? Used more than 3 to make sure... didn't get reward.) No thanks. I'll just spend my NRG on moving with story.

Game lately is pretty meh though. Banners. Events. At least I'm having a little fun in JP. Despite not getting damn bonus units to save my life. But the last Raid was fun.

They mistranslated, it should read "Don't use any items" >.<

Shouta

Finally done with the JP FFXI mog king event. Just extra stuff to get now. Been busy so I haven't played much the last few days.

Faynwulf

I hope I don't annoy people here with my reroll questions.
I actually found a really old account locked to my facebook. From around when it first came out. Had a whole bunch of 1* characters on it and twice as many tickets as a reroll account.

I got this. Is this good enough to start out with? I understand the Gilgamesh TMR is pretty good.

ZKfgRtV.png

tuffymon

I actually found a really old account locked to my facebook. From around when it first came out. Had a whole bunch of 1* characters on it and twice as many tickets as a reroll account.

I got this. Is this good enough to start out with? I understand the Gilgamesh TMR is pretty good.

You say really old, but Loren is like a month old? maybe just a little longer, so it's still pretty recent. You shouldn't have any issues with that setup for awhile. The biggest hit is probably lack of a real healer, but with the power that group brings, you probably won't even need one for awhile. You have Rikku and Mystea as well, so you have some niche spots filled too. I'd play that account if you aren't already.

Faynwulf

You say really old, but Loren is like a month old? maybe just a little longer, so it's still pretty recent. You shouldn't have any issues with that setup for awhile. The biggest hit is probably lack of a real healer, but with the power that group brings, you probably won't even need one for awhile. You have Rikku and Mystea as well, so you have some niche spots filled too. I'd play that account if you aren't already.

The account itself is really old. But I used up most of the tickets I've got on there.
That's where the newer units come from.

That sounds good. I've been reading on the brave exvius board about the units. But it's always hard to gauge how good they are if you don't know much about the game itself.

I'll gladly take any advice I get. Thanks.

I'll start playing as soon as my phone is completely charged. :)

Muku

They mistranslated, it should read "Don't use any items" >.<

Fuck, are you serious? It's so rare to use items, but this time I was like this should be cake. Why the hell isn't that fixed? They should just give everyone the reward that used items. FFS. I never use items. So THEIR fuck up literally made me not get it. -_-;

I've about had it with Story Events anyway, to be honest.

Andvary

Fuck, are you serious? It's so rare to use items, but this time I was like this should be cake. Why the hell isn't that fixed? They should just give everyone the reward that used items. FFS. I never use items. So THEIR fuck up literally made me not get it. -_-;

I've about had it with Story Events anyway, to be honest.

They gave compensation for that mistake today, 100 lapis and 9 10NRG pots.

Muku

They gave compensation for that mistake today, 100 lapis and 9 10NRG pots.

Yeah logged in later to see that. Not satisfied. I am not doing that again. They should have just given everyone the damn prize that has done it up to this point. I've really had it with story stuff to begin with. And now they're going to comp shitty NRG pots and 100 lapis? Whoopie.

Shouta

Well, 100 Lapis is a fill en refill to get it or can be saved for later so it's not too bad plus they gave en too.

evangd007

The XV exploration is piss easy. Get all the chests on easy, then on hard use germinas boots escape ability to skip to the boss who goes down in one chain.

EDarkness

The XV exploration is piss easy. Get all the chests on easy, then on hard use germinas boots escape ability to skip to the boss who goes down in one chain.

Is it really that easy? I might try it then. I don't think I have a real way to escape often, but I'll look at my gear to see what I can do. I'm doing the easy one now.

Pejo

That's a pretty decent starting group. Rikku is a meta character that you need for some content, so you can already cross that off your list. Gilgamesh isn't a top DPS, but he does ok with his enhancements. LV is very good for hybrid damage and Reberta is a good chainer/imperil-er. You also got Mystea so you're ahead of the curve.

Once you get a healer you'll have a pretty good all arounder party, and should be able to put a dent in some of the Vortex quests. For TM farming, I'd do Rikku and Gilgamesh's first.

Yea you were totally right. Knocked both explorations out in like 10 minutes. The boss was even weak to light for once. EZPZ.

evangd007

Is it really that easy? I might try it then. I don't think I have a real way to escape often, but I'll look at my gear to see what I can do. I'm doing the easy one now.

Rikku, Xon, and Mercedes have all escape. It's also on the Germinas boots which was the Flame Key vault reward. Hard boss is weak to Holy and Fire.

It's nice to have fairly easy event content instead of the overtuned BS that we get in GL exclusive events.

EDarkness

Rikku, Xon, and Mercedes have all escape. It's also on the Germinas boots which was the Flame Key vault reward. Hard boss is weak to Holy and Fire.

It's nice to have fairly easy event content instead of the overtuned BS that we get in GL exclusive events.

I did a run at the event and thrashed it. I forgot to put the boots on Minfilia, but it didn't matter. I got into one fight along the way and beat the boss in one round. No deaths. New sword get!

Faynwulf

That's a pretty decent starting group. Rikku is a meta character that you need for some content, so you can already cross that off your list. Gilgamesh isn't a top DPS, but he does ok with his enhancements. LV is very good for hybrid damage and Reberta is a good chainer/imperil-er. You also got Mystea so you're ahead of the curve.

Once you get a healer you'll have a pretty good all arounder party, and should be able to put a dent in some of the Vortex quests. For TM farming, I'd do Rikku and Gilgamesh's first.

Thanks a lot for the help!
I really kind of regret not playing this earlier, because it's really a lot of fun.

edit: Got Zargabaath from my daily pull.

Zhadgon

I really kind of regret not playing this earlier, because it's really a lot of fun.

You have a much better team and units than me (I have been playing since the beginning and only got six rainbows so far and a lot of them are lackluster), your team is good and great TM's to get.

.n_n.

Pejo

Nice pull, he's overall probably my favorite unit in the game. It's tough to find a party that he doesn't add something to.

So are these raid units all from the Raid gacha? That seems unusually giving of Gumi when they could split off the actual good units into a paid gacha, and have the raid units be crap units with decent TMs.

Also, I'm amazed they're all 6* capable. I didn't real keep track of FFBE original units in JP though, did they do the same thing there?

Faynwulf

Used a ticket on the FFXV Banner and got Dark Knight Cecil.

Either the rates in this game are amazing. Or I'm using up all my gacha luck.

Top Bottom