• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

EDarkness

JP runs terribly on the emulator I use now after the update. Sure, it runs, but not well. Gonna have to live with this unfortunately.

Congrats on the nice haul, Shouta. I was only able to get Citan x2 and didn't have enough lapis to get 5 F.E.B. tickets. It's a bummer because I was hoping to get Maria either by pulling her or with the F.E.B. tickets. Oh well, I'm going back to save mode now.

Pejo

The notice in JP is a list of devices they officially support, i.e. ones they've tested on. Every other device may or may not have problems but we won't know until the update hits. It shouldn't be a huge issue though, I think.

I got the tickets from the last login bonus of the day and BAM!, I got my 2nd Maria to make her 7-star. This allowed me to get my 2nd Citan from the pick your unit tickets I got from doing the step-ups. Pretty happy to get them all and even an extra Elly.
Do you have 7* of the whole Xenogears gang now? Congrats on the pulls!

Shouta

Do you have 7* of the whole Xenogears gang now? Congrats on the pulls!

Yep! Thanks Pejo, ED!

JP update is really nice with the extra tab giving so much space. I pulled 1100+ units from it using my 500,000 raid coins and I still had room, lol.

The only problem right now is that the update has made Arena run like molasses.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Just started playing this and I'm wondering who to focus on.
My box.
I invested in ashe because she's been carrying my ass so far, but aside from that I'm pretty clueless about what makes a good unit/party/leader.

And what do I do with duplicate units?

Last edited:

Pejo

Just started playing this and I'm wondering who to focus on.
My box.
I invested in ashe because she's been carrying my ass so far, but aside from that I'm pretty clueless about what makes a good unit/party/leader.

And what do I do with duplicate units?
Welcome to the game, first new blood here in a while!

So I looked at your units, you have Heavenly Technician Lid which is a great investment, will make a lot of trials and content easier for you. Ashe is good in Arena even after she's outclassed on your main team. If you max out those 3 Williams, you can Quake chain things into oblivion, which is a great AoE earth move (that rarely has any resists since Earth isn't a common element). Aria is an "ok" healer, but as soon as you get some of the better healers, she'll never be used again. Your biggest need is a tank right now. Warrior of Light is a 4* unit that's really good until you can get a 5* base tank, if you happen to luck into him. You can also get a free 5* base Lightning for completing the beginner quest for her. Pretty outclassed by modern standards, but she's capable of enhancements right now, so she could potentially be a strong damage dealer for you.

So to answer your question, if I were to make a team from your selection in order of importance:

-CG Lid (she's meta right now, great investment for new player)
-Ashe
-William 1
-William 2
-William 3

If you have extra stuff, work on completing the quest to get Lightning (it's pretty easy) and level her up.

Then pick really any high end friend damage unit, and you will annihilate the story up to the end of chapter 1. This team will also be great for you in arena allowing you easy wins on weeks where earth/black magic isn't banned.

Since resources are hard to get at the beginning, I wouldn't waste any on other units until you get a strong healer, tank, or better damage units.

As far as dupes go, you can either hold on to them for chaining with each other (works in about 99% of content), or hold on to them if they have great Trust Masteries (getting each unit to 100% gives you some sort of ability/equipment that is usually way stronger than other gear). If the trust masteries stink or you don't need many of them, you can always fuse duplicate units into each other to raise their Trust Mastery % by 5%

There's probably some terminology you don't get yet in there, so feel free to ask if you're confused about anything.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Thank for the insight, I think the only thing I'm still a bit confused on is how chains work.

Also how do I get ariana grande?

Pejo

Effective chaining is basically done by activating abilities in rapid succession with the same number of animation frames and hit count. This is easiest with duplicate units, but also works for "families" of moves. The most well known is Orlandu/Dark Veritas/Sephiroth having moves that all share the same number of hits and same animation frames. Damage increases based on the hit count of the chain in multipliers. There's a great read on Reddit here:

It's very important to understand how chaining works, so I really recommend reading that.

Ariana is a reoccurring event unit that has happened twice so far in Global. No idea if they're going to bring her back. Probably once we get 7* units which should be in a few months at our 2 year anniversary, if they will do it.

*EDIT* Didn't realize it would embed that Reddit post. Also, you can disregard the named units in there, as it's a little outdated by this point, but the information on actual chains is still good and relevant.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Thanks for that.
Also if I run out of box space and I don't want to increase it, what things would I look for to get rid of units?

Pejo

Thanks for that.
Also if I run out of box space and I don't want to increase it, what things would I look for to get rid of units?
Any units from Friend Points that you pulled can be merged and then sold. There are a handful of friend units that have useful Trust Masteries though, like any of the *monster class* Killer abilities will be much better vs. that type of monster than generic ATK/MAG+30% stuff.

There are a handful of 3* base units that still have good Trust Mastery rewards this late in the game. Zidane for Dual Wield is still pretty gerat, Excalibur from Cecil is still solid, Doublehand from Bartz, and a bunch of other stuff from the newer 3* bases are pretty good. Here's an old list

https://brave-exvius.com/threads/units-that-you-can-sell-guilt-free.8033/ with at least some ideas.

EDarkness

MP regen in a nice easy manner is why I can't wait for Raegan. He can give back 36 MP per turn which is pretty amazing. I haven't gotten CG Lid, but I can see a move like that being pretty amazing.

Pejo

Lid's MP restore is good, but her main use is having the best "break" values in the game right now. a 40% stat break is way, way worse than 60%, since they don't scale linearly. Lid has on-demand 60% breaks of each stat and it also buffs her 120% of that same stat, really really good for harder stuff, or really anything that can have a break applied. if you level up her limit burst ability, she can do 70% all stat breaks which is nuts.

The only bummer about her is that if the enemy is immune to breaks, she loses a lot of value.

Pejo

One other thing I just thought of while I was doing my dailies in the game - Reizo, this banner is probably the best timed thing you could ask for. 3 of the 4 5* base units in this week's banner are contenders for best tanks in the game. I feel like Basch is the absolute best of the batch, but Wil and Ramza (now that he's enhanced) are both really really good. If you get enough lapis or tickets or whatever, I strongly suggest pulling.

Shouta

The new Trust Coin system in JP is really nice. I spent 4000 and maxed the MAG and ATK of all my units in my current rotation. and I still have 22000 left for whatever comes down the line. It's a nice little bit extra for units we're done with overall.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Just looked up breaks, guess it´s similar to lower atk/def in dokkan
One other thing I just thought of while I was doing my dailies in the game - Reizo, this banner is probably the best timed thing you could ask for. 3 of the 4 5* base units in this week's banner are contenders for best tanks in the game. I feel like Basch is the absolute best of the batch, but Wil and Ramza (now that he's enhanced) are both really really good. If you get enough lapis or tickets or whatever, I strongly suggest pulling.

I should ignore the step up banner? I'm at step 3 with it now.
My team atm is 4* william x2, 6* lightning, lid and ashe, I feel like this should carry me pretty far for now.

I just got 5* Basch of a ticket, so I guess I'm good on tanks now?

Last edited:

Pejo

Just looked up breaks, guess it´s similar to lower atk/def in dokkan

I should ignore the step up banner? I'm at step 3 with it now.
My team atm is 4* william x2, 6* lightning, lid and ashe, I feel like this should carry me pretty far for now.

I just got 5* Basch of a ticket, so I guess I'm good on tanks now?
Yea, you are pretty set. Congrats on that Basch pull! If you get the lapis to continue the banner, might as well do the last 2 steps for your guaranteed unit. If you use Ashe's Heaven's Fury move, it can act as a pseudo heal and damage at the same time, should get you through most of the story stuff, especially once you get your williams to 6* and can mix it in with the Quake chains. That's a pretty good start. Also, what's your friend code? I'll add you and help you out with various things.

Also, make sure you do the highest level of the raid you can put a dent into. Even if you don't kill the boss, you still get coins if you can do some damage to him. You'll have the ability to pull 4-6* units for the rest of the week until Thursday, plus get lots of cactuar and turtles for enhancing your units, and hopefully some free TM items. Cactuars give a bunch of XP to a unit when fused into it, and turtles are strictly to sell for money.

Pejo

Huh, that's weird, I'm at 27/30
Still says you're full. Maybe you have maxed out friend requests or something? Try adding me - 014,414,382

*Edit* forgot to ask - what have you guys used for your teams/strategies for Leviathan 2* battle? This is probably the most challenging fight I've tried since last year's halloween event. I gear up for Water resist and then he 1 shots my team with Wind/Ice damage.

Last edited:

Shouta

I recall using a magic tank with wind/ice resistance and using Tidus for his water resistance buff. I took the physical damage. However, It's been ages since I've done Leviathan 2-star so I don't really remember my strategy for it, lol.

Pejo

What's with GL and rerunning events so that there is a raid and a mog king active all the time?
This one coming up supposedly doesn't even reset raid rewards like the current one did. They nerfed the buff they announced for Kid Rydia too. I mean wtf. Gumi has been all over the place lately with this game. 1 good decision followed by 3 bad ones. I was hoping we'd get Secret of Mana rerun as the returning collab, but it's Ray Jack and the dead game boys coming back, to the request of absolutely nobody. Really puzzling how they're running the game right now.

FFIV remains my favorite Final Fantasy, so I'll drop some tickets and maybe a 10 pull on this banner, but I hate myself for doing it. Need that spoony bard.

EDarkness

I can't believe they're bringing back the Ray Jack event and banner. What the hell? Did anyone want this? I have no idea what Gumi is thinking. This kinda stuff helps to convince me that I don't want to keep playing the game. Maybe they're trying to allow newer players to get some things they missed, but it just comes across as lazy to me. No interest in this upcoming banner, either. The sad thing is that it's a damn mog king. :(

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
considering the units I started with, is there anything I should be summoning on, or should I just save all my tickets and lapis?

Pejo

considering the units I started with, is there anything I should be summoning on, or should I just save all my tickets and lapis?
If you don't have Lila and aren't a huge fan of FFIV, that banner is probably a pass for you. Rydia is good for summoners, especially for "kill with Esper" type missions, but Garnet is almost as good, and she's a 4* base that you will probably get eventually anyway. The rest of the banner is meh. As a new player with limited resources, it's probably better to wait for better overall banners. That said, absolutely do the new raid and get all those rewards if possible. Probably want to throw some tickets into the Ray Jack banner to see if you can get a Kaliva or two(the old guy), with all those Williams as your primary Damage dealers. I wouldn't go overboard though. You should keep in mind that we're not too far off from 2nd Anniversary stuff, so there will be some great banners at that time to blow your stash on.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Thanks for the tips, honestly all I'd really want are ariana, 2a/2b and lara croft. Most ff chars are just whatever to me, not really a big fan of anyone specifically.

Pejo

Thanks for the tips, honestly all I'd really want are ariana, 2a/2b and lara croft. Most ff chars are just whatever to me, not really a big fan of anyone specifically.
You probably already know this, but all 4 of those units were from time limited events (which means they're not in the summon pool during the rest of the year), and half of them were free "gimmes" to the players. Nier event comeback is almost a certainty at some point, Tomb Raider is in "maybe" status because they already gave us 2 Lara Crofts (enough to satisfy 7* requirements), Ariana, it's anybody's guess. Everyone was sorta shocked we got it once, and then doubly shocked when she came back, why not a third time.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yeah I know they're limited, just hoping they do come back.

Edit: btw your sephiroth helped me beat the elite graverobber raid, so thanks, had basch and lid buff/debuffing, ashe healing and the rest doing damage.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah I know they're limited, just hoping they do come back.

Edit: btw your sephiroth helped me beat the elite graverobber raid, so thanks, had basch and lid buff/debuffing, ashe healing and the rest doing damage.
Glad I could help! When you start getting to specific trials, I can build units for you that can solo some of them. just let me know when you're trying them and which ones.

I pulled way more into my resources than I was hoping to have to, to get Kain today. Got him, but I'm pretty much dead broke now. Side effect - I got a ton of Spoony Bards and Yangs, and even a Pure Summoner Rydia. Then I read on Reddit that Kain's Global Exclusive move that they made to chain with Lila doesn't actually chain with Lila because of movement frames. I'm a little bit pissed off right now, considering that was a solid 1/2 of the reason I pulled for him.

Anyways, I leveled both he and Rydia up, but Rydia seems more useful in the short term since she can AoE down the enemies in the FFIV event, so I'm sharing her. She should be over 1k MAG after Barbariccia gets back from an expedition and I pot her out.

I really really hope Gumi fixes Kain, otherwise that's going to be high on my "regrets" list for a while.

evangd007

I have the weirdest luck in this game. Did 15 pulls for some bonus units. Got just 1 Edward.

But I also got 3 rainbows:
Ayaka #2 - 7* good?
Eiko - wrong kid summoner
NG Jake - sucks that he sucks

EDarkness

I used my usual 5-7 tickets for the mog king and ended up with one rainbow...Onion Knight. Heh, heh. The game just LOVES to give me off banner rainbows. The real sad thing is that I got two Edwards and one Yang. Makes running the Mog King event a pain. I won't be using anymore tickets, though. Just gonna have to make due.

Alkez

So Muku Muku actually quit huh? I'm quite sad about that. I need to ask Rixa to make a sports section on discord for when all the new seasons kick off.

In other news, I used 9 tickets and managed to get my girl Kid Rydia. Was so so happy as I wanted to go for her but couldn't warrant using the resources, and she was one of the units I really wanted when I came back alongside Nichol as they were both part of my main team in JP. So lucky but so happy it went in my favour this time round.
I can't believe they're bringing back the Ray Jack event and banner. What the hell? Did anyone want this? I have no idea what Gumi is thinking. This kinda stuff helps to convince me that I don't want to keep playing the game. Maybe they're trying to allow newer players to get some things they missed, but it just comes across as lazy to me. No interest in this upcoming banner, either. The sad thing is that it's a damn mog king. :(
I personally am happy as it's something I missed, and GL made another magic doublehand available from this limited summon so it's good for me (whereas in JP his TM was just another 40% mag). At least there's new content alongside it so I don't really see anything wrong with it.
I have the weirdest luck in this game. Did 15 pulls for some bonus units. Got just 1 Edward.

But I also got 3 rainbows:
Ayaka #2 - 7* good?
Eiko - wrong kid summoner
NG Jake - sucks that he sucks
Wow what insane luck, congrats. Ayaka 7* is pretty strong so just that in itself is great.

Pejo

We're getting the second Dragon Quest collab in September alongside the release of DQ11, just announced on Square Enix stream.
Just saw this update. On reddit we have a guy saying:

[–]Carnex89 4 points 3 hours ago
Looks like the units were Estark, Marquis de leon and Uberkilling Machine

I'm not particularly up on my Dragon Quest characters, so these don't really mean much to me, anyone have opinions on this? Did JP get them already?

Muku

So Muku Muku actually quit huh? I'm quite sad about that. I need to ask Rixa to make a sports section on discord for when all the new seasons kick off.

In other news, I used 9 tickets and managed to get my girl Kid Rydia. Was so so happy as I wanted to go for her but couldn't warrant using the resources, and she was one of the units I really wanted when I came back alongside Nichol as they were both part of my main team in JP. So lucky but so happy it went in my favour this time round.

I personally am happy as it's something I missed, and GL made another magic doublehand available from this limited summon so it's good for me (whereas in JP his TM was just another 40% mag). At least there's new content alongside it so I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Wow what insane luck, congrats. Ayaka 7* is pretty strong so just that in itself is great.

Yep. Quit at the end of last month. Haven't regretted it since. Bit sad seeing DQ collab coming soon for BE, but meh. It's okay. I'm happier. It's not like the game is getting anything good. Just a bunch of old shit. That's kind of what pushed me to just stop cold turkey. Wanted to keep with JP, but really, after seeing the note of my device soon not going to be relevant, it just felt like the right time. I'm too poor for updating my devices. I mean lordy, my computer needs a huge update. (C'mon Apple, please announce something soon. Not that I can afford it though.)

I'm still around. Kind of reading from afar here. Trying to find my new place for most part. At least seeing you guys are still active. Though shitty work schedule, quitting has made it at least somewhat better for life right now. I have time for other things at the moment. Just a GAF vagabond at the moment.

Shouta

Old devices should work fine for JP. At least, it should if this update in a few days fixes what I think it does. The animations have been slowing down the game and that's about it. If the update fixes that, it'll run just like before.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Old devices should work fine for JP. At least, it should if this update in a few days fixes what I think it does. The animations have been slowing down the game and that's about it. If the update fixes that, it'll run just like before.

I hope so. I play the game emulated (JP) and it's been running so bad that I don't want to play it at all. It takes forever to do anything and it kills my enjoyment.

Muku

I doubt it. Mine will fade from their memory. Time I finally decide to get an iPad it became the red headed step child of even Apple. Things are moving slower on it anyway.

Pejo

Just Cause 4 collaboration announced. I couldn't be any more "meh" about it. I really wanted Valkyrie Profile/Bravely Default/Monster Hunter/really any of the ones that JP got. The units can be good but I still won't waste resources on this one. Really wish Gumi had a better finger on the pulse of their demographic.

EDarkness

Just Cause 4 collaboration announced. I couldn't be any more "meh" about it. I really wanted Valkyrie Profile/Bravely Default/Monster Hunter/really any of the ones that JP got. The units can be good but I still won't waste resources on this one. Really wish Gumi had a better finger on the pulse of their demographic.

Same here. Why Just Cause? On top of that, the units will probably be shitty anyway. Just a waste of time.

evangd007

If you really want to do a collab with Eidos side, Gumi, we're waiting for Hitman or Deus Ex.

I have 600% worth of trust moogles saved for a rainy day. That seems high. What are good TMRs to spend that on? Basch or Barbaraccia? Maybe the TMRs for 7* ready units?

Pejo

If you really want to do a collab with Eidos side, Gumi, we're waiting for Hitman or Deus Ex.

I have 600% worth of trust moogles saved for a rainy day. That seems high. What are good TMRs to spend that on? Basch or Barbaraccia? Maybe the TMRs for 7* ready units?
Barb's TM is one of the few magical killers, so it's great for mages vs. what it's effective against. It will always put out more damage than a MAG+50% until 7* for those types, I believe.

I have a few 100% moogles saved up too, but I'm waiting until I need them for a timed event or something. Currently I'm finishing up my TDH setup. Cloud's in his 80%'s and Elfreeda #2 is in the 40%'s.

Shouta

Patch in JP didn't do shit for the animations being slow. At least they announced they're resetting Lapis in all story missions. That's gonna be sick.

Pejo

So I'm not sure if you guys followed the stream last night, but lots of good (free) shit coming our way in GL for anniversary. Here's the summary:

Also, I encourage those of you that are voting on the community choice reward to pick the free daily summon with 5% rainbow chance. Way better option than the rest (figuring that they make the TM moogle in maze require a full run to get).

Big news for me was 7* announced (kinda figured, but nice to see confirmation) and all the free shit. Also, we get those free fan fiesta units eventually (Cheerleader Fina/Cowboy Jake/etc)

Top Bottom