• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Pejo

Giving malphasie a rod would lower her damage output, since rods only attack once. She also has a 30% chance of countering with 4x modifier and a 60% atk/mag break, chloe's tmr raises that to 55%.
I had considered seabreeze dark fina's tmr, but it would mean I'd need another source of paralyse resistance for her since I'm currently using avian cloak.

Edit: confused rods with harps for some reason...
I'm not sure if that counter stat stacks with unit specific counters or if it's only "basic" counter, but I see your thought process. Either way it's your resource hoard, but personally I'd save it. If you do end up getting Chloe's, let me know if you actually notice an uptick in that counter break, that'd be interesting to know.

Pejo

Lools like they patched 400% in; time to beef up jensen.
Edit: managed to reach 1731 atk lol.
Nice, the atk numbers are now blue when you hit passive cap.

LMAO at this update though, there's already a bug megathread on Reddit. They broke a ton of shit this time, apparently from copying and pasting JP code into the modified GL code, it wiped away a ton of GL exclusive stuff, reverted currency gil amounts, raised MP of abilities, got rid of all Dragonlord 7* skills, Reberta timed jumps get stuck in outer space and she can't come back down, crashes, expansion vouchers use lapis as well as the voucher at the same time with no warning, etc etc etc.

Since none of this has a positive effect on players, expect next week's maintenance to be extended and don't expand any inventory slots with vouchers until then.

Gumi is such a shit show.

Pejo

Well, I have to hand it to them, they fixed most of the issues in the same day. But it looks like they broke the new arena scoring in the process of fixing the other stuff, lol.

As expected, they didn't do individual step-ups for the old halloween 5*s, so good luck getting what you want there. I had already pulled 2 Draculasswells from last year, so I at least have him at 7*. I would love a second Demon Rain, but no way in hell am I pulling on that watered down banner. Maybe I'll get lucky with one of those free halloween tickets.

EDarkness

I tried pulling for the new Halloween units, but didn't get any luck. I only used 3 tickets, though. Heh, heh. There's no way I'm getting the old ones since I don't even have one of the 5* units. Unless I get lucky with the free tickets they give out. I don't care for them anyway.

Still, whey did they make the boss at the end of the 25 NRG Mog King a pain in the ass? Generally I can stomp the boss at the end, but this time I ended up getting wiped because Trance Terra couldn't take him out with her best ability. What gives, man? I can understand the boss at the end of the 40 one being a pain in the ass, but this is frustrating.

Pejo

I tried pulling for the new Halloween units, but didn't get any luck. I only used 3 tickets, though. Heh, heh. There's no way I'm getting the old ones since I don't even have one of the 5* units. Unless I get lucky with the free tickets they give out. I don't care for them anyway.

Still, whey did they make the boss at the end of the 25 NRG Mog King a pain in the ass? Generally I can stomp the boss at the end, but this time I ended up getting wiped because Trance Terra couldn't take him out with her best ability. What gives, man? I can understand the boss at the end of the 40 one being a pain in the ass, but this is frustrating.
I read earlier that the boss has 11x the amount of SPR as DEF, so you want to use physical this time.

Pejo

So go figure, they actually made Draculasswell 7* pretty good. Supposedly can outdamage Hyoh given the right conditions. Color me happy as I already pulled two of him last year trying to get D. Rain, who has kinda been left behind given that his counters didn't get a 7* boost to scale with current damage meta.

Anyway, saving all my resources for some VP banners next week. With how shitty they did the Halloween banners, they better not fucking remove the banners that JP got (with guaranteed no off-banner rainbows). They'd get a riot.

EDarkness

So go figure, they actually made Draculasswell 7* pretty good. Supposedly can outdamage Hyoh given the right conditions. Color me happy as I already pulled two of him last year trying to get D. Rain, who has kinda been left behind given that his counters didn't get a 7* boost to scale with current damage meta.

Anyway, saving all my resources for some VP banners next week. With how shitty they did the Halloween banners, they better not fucking remove the banners that JP got (with guaranteed no off-banner rainbows). They'd get a riot.

I hope they don't do that. I REALLY want to get Lenneth and Freya and having them as the only things on the banner helped me get them in JP. If they're gonna be all on one banner, I'm gonna be pissed. But this is Gumi. If that happen, it'll be the thing that will most likely get me to quit the game.

Pejo

Not sure if you guys ever used this site before, but it's pretty cool. You can see all the relevant unit information including the sprites and animations of all characters, both JP and GL. Damn Jecht is such a badass, can't wait for his banner.

https://exvius.gg/

Reizo Ryuu

Well after using every single ticket from the previous mog king and the current one, I managed to get one whole prompto and an army of blues.
Good times.

Shouta

2nd batch of 3rd anniversary tickets cane in for JP yesterday and I scored 4 5* ex tickets, 4 blank moogles, and 2 UOC. Pretty good haul and that's not including everything else.

Pejo

Yikes. Yea these halloween banners were really unforgiving.

2nd batch of 3rd anniversary tickets cane in for JP yesterday and I scored 4 5* ex tickets, 4 blank moogles, and 2 UOC. Pretty good haul and that's not including everything else.
Damn, that is a nice haul, congrats!

Hey Shouta - I've been doing some theorycrafting as of late, does JP have an Ice greatsword? I can't find anything in GL and it's really putting a dampener on my excitement.

EDarkness

Getting Lenneth in Global. I intend to get at least 7* Lenneth, but I'd like Freya as well.

The Halloween banners really suck. I'm glad I didn't really want any of those units. I don't feel bad about not getting any of those units.

Shouta Shouta I've been saving all of my Anniversary tickets. Gonna burn them once the event is over. Hopefully I'll get something good. I tried running the raid, but I'm just not that interested in it. I did use the 5* ticket we got the other day and got another 5* unit I already have. It's funny, as many 5* units I don't have I always get the same ones over and over. I'd LOVE to get Jecht, but alas I got Auron...again. I don't want to spend another Select Ticket on Yuffie, but it looks like I'm gonna have to.

Pejo

Thanks.

JP does not have an ice greatsword, unfortunately.
balls.... That means I need a DR/AT chainer that can use a stronger ice weapon, likely Katana/Spear/Sword. Fryevia 7* might be my answer if she gets W-ability or TDW. Looks like AT frames get a ton of chaining partners in the future, so it won't be so bad.

Basically I saw on Reddit this morning that I can build a 100% evade Draculasswell with nearly 2100 ATK and most status immunities. Coupled with iNichol, I have a powerhouse evade tank for some cheese strats. I can always use a fire weapon on Lasswell and lose the variance, I guess.

Getting Lenneth in Global. I intend to get at least 7* Lenneth, but I'd like Freya as well.

The Halloween banners really suck. I'm glad I didn't really want any of those units. I don't feel bad about not getting any of those units.

Shouta Shouta I've been saving all of my Anniversary tickets. Gonna burn them once the event is over. Hopefully I'll get something good. I tried running the raid, but I'm just not that interested in it. I did use the 5* ticket we got the other day and got another 5* unit I already have. It's funny, as many 5* units I don't have I always get the same ones over and over. I'd LOVE to get Jecht, but alas I got Auron...again. I don't want to spend another Select Ticket on Yuffie, but it looks like I'm gonna have to.
I have some bad news. Preliminary look seems to be that Gumi did away with the guaranteed on-banner Rainbows in favor of a 25k step up and a character specific 11k without guaranteed rainbow. In other words, way worse chance to pick up these units. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I'd hardly be surprised.

Reizo Ryuu

I have some bad news. Preliminary look seems to be that Gumi did away with the guaranteed on-banner Rainbows in favor of a 25k step up and a character specific 11k without guaranteed rainbow. In other words, way worse chance to pick up these units. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I'd hardly be surprised.
This is confirmed now, posted in the event news.

Pejo

So yea, unless outrage causes them to change it last minute, it's definitely a thing. I can't help but feel like they are totally handling 7* the worst possible way. That godawful Halloween boss from last year is coming back, I want no part of it, lol. I have PTSD about that damn boss and his MP siphoning.

evangd007

- beat the bonus dungeon in the Citra event. CG Nichol was the MVP.

- Halloween tickets have been good to me. Got CG Sakura and CG Lid #4.

- If one thing would ultimately push me away from this game, it's continued GL exclusive changes like what they did to the Valkyria banners. Why can't GL be synced with JP like Dragalia and FEH?

Shouta

If you don't want to use a UoC then pull the 3rd anniversary tickets now instead of waiting and see if you get her from the EX tickets you pick up from them. I've gotten a ton of 5-stars this month because of those tickets.

Pejo

Man, just did the bonus stage on the recent story event, this one was so much easier than the last one. All of the bosses are easily 1shottable with Trance Terras. I'm teetering on going ahead and spending my first UoC on Eiko, but I get this sinking feeling that I'll pull one of her as soon as I do. She was clutch in that bonus stage since you had to summon espers twice in 3 battles.

I almost never finish these cryst farming stages of the new story events, it's just so tedious.

Shouta - does Gil ever become more plentiful? It's my biggest bottleneck right now with enhancements and 7*s taking 3 million a piece.

Shouta

Gil stays about the same. Raids are where you get a lot free but otherwise, you gotta spend time in snapper caves to get it. I'm running out of gil all the time nowadays, lol

EDarkness

At some point I never had a problem with Gil. But at the beginning, I was sweating bad. My bottleneck is metal cactaur. Man, trying to get a unit to 120 is hard as hell. I have so many units at 101 or 105 at this point, but getting to 120 is virtually impossible.

Last edited:

evangd007

I also have a lot of gil. Partly because I have a few 7* capable units that I don't 7* because they're not worth it.
I'm looking at you Delita. And DKC. And Marie.

I have over 1000% of TMR moogles available. Help.

Reizo Ryuu

I have heared a lot of bad things about marie, but honestly, I have a 7* marie friend, and she's been amazingly clutch for a bunch of content.

EDarkness

I did my pulls for the Valk Profile banner and ended up with 7* Lenneth (yay!), but only one Freya and one Arngrim. Maybe I'll get lucky and get another one, but with this banner being as crappy as it is (three 5* units on one banner...ugh), I doubt I'll get either of them. Just glad I was able to get Lenneth without having to really spend money. Only cost me $6.99. Whew.

Pejo

I did my pulls for the Valk Profile banner and ended up with 7* Lenneth (yay!), but only one Freya and one Arngrim. Maybe I'll get lucky and get another one, but with this banner being as crappy as it is (three 5* units on one banner...ugh), I doubt I'll get either of them. Just glad I was able to get Lenneth without having to really spend money. Only cost me $6.99. Whew.
Congrats! That's actually a pretty good haul. I got a Freya off of a ticket, which was the only unit I wanted, so I'm done. Been funneling the rest of my resources on the succubus banner trying to get another LIllith for 7*. Just got back up to 5k and did a pull, double rainbow - Orlandu the *who the hell knows how many I've gotten of him now*th, and 6th or 7th Reberta. Off banner rates are too fucking bad lately.

EDarkness

Congrats! That's actually a pretty good haul. I got a Freya off of a ticket, which was the only unit I wanted, so I'm done. Been funneling the rest of my resources on the succubus banner trying to get another LIllith for 7*. Just got back up to 5k and did a pull, double rainbow - Orlandu the *who the hell knows how many I've gotten of him now*th, and 6th or 7th Reberta. Off banner rates are too fucking bad lately.

Congrats, man. I'm glad you ended up getting here. Since I got 7* Lenneth, I don't need to really pull for a LONG time. It's safe to go back into "hoard" mode.

Pejo

At least you're getting rainbows... :messenger_crying:
Yea, I guess that's a consolation. I used another ticket I got from the raid on the Lillith banner and got another rainbow - my first Ignis. Unsure how to feel about that. At least it was a new one. I thought I had a 100% TM specific moogle for him but it turns out it was for Prompto's Mood Maker. He will probably never leave the bench.

Congrats, man. I'm glad you ended up getting here. Since I got 7* Lenneth, I don't need to really pull for a LONG time. It's safe to go back into "hoard" mode.
Lenneth looks really cool, and her animations are really well done. Sucks that there was so much Gumi BS on this banner, I'd have done the step-ups if it weren't for all the shady rate/rainbow manipulation. Their VP video got flooded by dislikes on YouTube, but I think they'll take the wrong lessons from that. Something like "oh the GL players don't want JRPG collabs!"

Looks like they're attempting to appease the playerbase with a new 41 million downloads campaign full of freebies. It's nice and all, I just wish they wouldn't keep manipulating things from JP that were good for the players and making them strictly worse. It makes me so disappointed when you think that they actively had to use development hours to change the code from the VP banners with the sole intention of making it worse. I'd gladly give up a few free pulls to know we weren't going to get shafted again in the future, but well....

*Edit* - it's 35 million downloads, not sure where I got 41.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Lenneth is just too badass to avoid so I went all in and got her. No regrets. Trying to decide if I want to get another Freya, but I still have time before the banner ends to decide. It would be nice to have Lenneth's STMR, but I doubt I'm gonna whale for that. I'll live with what I have until they give us STMR moogles like they have in JP.

I wish they wouldn't have fucked over the banners, though. What they did was total greed and bullshit. Players have every right to be pissed about it.

Last edited:

Pejo

CG lightning seems interesting but I only really want her TMR.
Yea she looks cool, but all my excitement surrounding her was pretty much entirely in the fact that all FF main protags are going to get a CG version. Cecil, Zidane, (hopefully Locke or Celes) will finally be gameplay relevant!

So I burned through story and challenges last night to get back up to 5k lapis at one final hurrah at the Lillith banner....

ML3SFj2.jpg

Woohoo, finally got what I wanted. Look out Arena opponents!
Just kidding, I wouldn't do that to people

It's crazy that the off banner rates are so bad, that when you see a Rainbow, you get nervous that it's going to be an off banner instead of the unit you want. Like my stomach actually sank when I saw a single rainbow and the first thought was "damn, there's virtually no chance that's a Lillith..." The game is in a weird place right now in GL.

Reizo Ryuu

Congratz!

Lilith :lollipop_crying:

Edit: literally got her just now with the very last 1.8m points raid ticket.
Did the summon and wasn't looking, but I heard the 5 stars and thought it would prolly be another misfire cecil or some shit...

Lilith :messenger_ghost:

Last edited:

Pejo

Congratz!

Lilith :lollipop_crying:

Edit: literally got her just now with the very last 1.8m points raid ticket.
Did the summon and wasn't looking, but I heard the 5 stars and thought it would prolly be another misfire cecil or some shit...

Lilith :messenger_ghost:
It's truly a blessed day for us FFBE-ians, congrats! Now i'm about 2 million gil short from making her 7*

Shouta

Yea she looks cool, but all my excitement surrounding her was pretty much entirely in the fact that all FF main protags are going to get a CG version. Cecil, Zidane, (hopefully Locke or Celes) will finally be gameplay relevant!

So I burned through story and challenges last night to get back up to 5k lapis at one final hurrah at the Lillith banner....

Woohoo, finally got what I wanted. Look out Arena opponents!
Just kidding, I wouldn't do that to people

It's crazy that the off banner rates are so bad, that when you see a Rainbow, you get nervous that it's going to be an off banner instead of the unit you want. Like my stomach actually sank when I saw a single rainbow and the first thought was "damn, there's virtually no chance that's a Lillith..." The game is in a weird place right now in GL.

I UoC'd 2 lightnings for the TMRs so I can just not worry about it later. Results aren't bad either.

l95L4cY.png

Raegen is pretty nice now too!

LY7Up6B.png

Pejo

Damn, nice Shouta. Also shout out for using Raegen. I can't wait until his 7* is unlocked in GL, he's going to be my chainer buddy for a bunch of units.

Shouta

Enhanced Raegen is sick after his LB. 8000% chain which does ridiculous damage now thanks to his attack not being gimped.

Pejo

Enhanced Raegen is sick after his LB. 8000% chain which does ridiculous damage now thanks to his attack not being gimped.
I really like his slot efficiency and utility, along with the fact that he can go TDW and not eat up any of my TDH stuff. I didn't even know about the 8000% chain, lol.

Pejo

So I used my first UoC on Eiko for her 7* version, then suited up a team of:

-7* Eiko
-7* Wilhelm
-7* Zarg
-7* A. Rain
-7* Hyoh
-Friend Hyoh

and tried out that vampire trial that's going to disappear tonight. A. Rain, Zarg, and Eiko really trivialized the MP drain. I think people really underestimate Rain's heal/MP restore that uses LB crystals, so clutch for so many things. Got 2/3 missions, since I forgot and used a LB from Eiko to fill esper gauge, but I was fine just getting that book and the tickets and TM moogle. I could see this team carrying me through content for the foreseeable future, and if the boss has high physical defense, I'll just replace Hyoh with T.Terra. I might also consider replacing Wilhelm with full evade Lilith, if I don't need provoke. I like her kit a lot.

Anyway, used both tickets on the VP banner, because why not, and actually managed to get Arngrim on the first ticket. I'm pretty pumped about that, because his TMR which you get for basically free from the raid can cause a counter that will chain with Lilith's counters.

Top Bottom