• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Pejo

I've been going back and trying the 3* espers lately. Up until now I"ve only gotten Ifrit, Siren, and Shiva. Tried Golem and got ground into the dirt, but then whooped Ramuh in 4 turns. Really big difficulty differences. I'm so behind on content in this game, but all I can ever do is grind raids/MK until I run out of stamina. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish we had a few dead weeks here and there. I still haven't even tried a 10 man trial, and the last regular trial I attempted was Aigaion. I keep meaning to go back and do this stuff, but with the 150k currency UoC tickets, it's hard to find time. I mean I guess I can't really use stamina as an excuse with over 600 energy pots, but it just feels insurmountable sometimes. I can't even imagine how newer players feel about it.

Are you guys all "caught up" on trials?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Lilith is such a bad bitch, what an amazing kit she has. Glad I got her to 7*.

Diabolos and golem fuck me up good. Actually was well on my way to solo diabolos with lilith, but he hit me with a dispel; rip.

evangd007

Nowhere near caught up with trials or espers. I find a lot of the 3 star esper fights unfair because I don't really consider them to be trial/progression content, but the game does.

Do Lakshmi. She's pretty easy and has aoe charm resist at 3*.

EDarkness

I gave up trying to do any of that content, because I feel like it's just cheap and not all that much fun. Enemies get 50 attacks a round and it's too frustrating. I'm okay where I'm at in the game. I just wish they had some moderate challenges to mess around with instead of everything being so damn difficult.

Pejo

E EDarkness
I feel you with that sentiment. Wish there was more content with difficulty between "mash repeat" and "bullshit mechanics".
Problem is that Gumi designed the game so that's all there can be. They inflated the numbers so quickly and suddenly that if they don't add bullshit mechanics, you can 1 shot everything. On top of that, they had to make your 1200DEF/800SPR tanks killable, so they made enemies attack 20 times per round and cause instant death and berserk. Status ailments were pretty much made a lump thing almost instantly too, so they couldn't be used intelligently (for instance, you have to keep a boss poisoned to remove a skill from its rotation or reduce its attack). This also caused every single boss to be immune from everything for pretty much the entire game since they could make fights potentially a joke.

I think the pinnacle trial fight at its point in time of release was Gilgamesh. Not too hard, not too easy, interesting mechanics. They've all been downhill from there IMO .

EDarkness

That's why I play this game mainly for collecting stuff more than doing other things. They made 3*/4* units worthless and then made it so we need TWO 5* units to really be able to get anywhere. It's a sad state of affairs. It's just terrible game design and I wish they would just embrace that fact and give us some things to do that don't require fighting some boss. How about building things or simple fights that only use certain characters or story things for each character to see what they're like.

I really dig how Cygames handled Dragalia Lost. I admit that it's an action game and that gives them quite a bit of room to do interesting mechanics without being bullshit. Gumi/Alim really need to re-evaluate this game and focus on the fun parts of this stuff. I'm okay with just smashing dungeons/bosses as long as the content is fun.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The thing I miss the most is content that doesn't require stamina. Maybe it's buried somewhere, but I haven't been able to find any.
Dokkan has boss rush, sbr, battlefield, eza.
Feh has hero battles, rival domains.

But everything in ffbe cost stamina, and everything is running simultaneously, meaning you can barely just "play" or fuck around when it's used up. The trials are like 40-50 stamina, the current event is 40 stam too, espers are 30. And if you fail you might as well just close the app and try again tomorrow. At least dokkan allows me to always troll boss rush with some wacky teams.

Pejo

The thing I miss the most is content that doesn't require stamina. Maybe it's buried somewhere, but I haven't been able to find any.
Dokkan has boss rush, sbr, battlefield, eza.
Feh has hero battles, rival domains.

But everything in ffbe cost stamina, and everything is running simultaneously, meaning you can barely just "play" or fuck around when it's used up. The trials are like 40-50 stamina, the current event is 40 stam too, espers are 30. And if you fail you might as well just close the app and try again tomorrow. At least dokkan allows me to always troll boss rush with some wacky teams.
agreed. I think a fairly popular QoL improvement that's been asked for is for 0 NRG trials once you've "Completed" said trial, to allow people to go back in and try other setups etc.

Pejo

Well looks like we're getting Advanced quests after maintenance this week. Some nice rewards in there. Tickets/moogles/etc. Expert quests come after which from what I read are the ones that give UoC tickets upon completion (provided they don't get the Gumi GL nerf).

Also, single rainbow banner, bet you never thought you'd see one of those again. Also it looks like the easiest skip of all time. No MK, so no bonus to worry about. FFBE original characters, so no nostalgia. Finally my ticket and lapis reserves can recover.

I've been tossing any ticket I get at the VP banner, trying to get any of the rainbows, and got my 2nd Ignis from that banner. Not sure how to feel about it. I kinda just wanted 1 of each of them for being a fan of the old games, but I got a Freya and 2 Arngrims total, along with 2 Ignis and (of course) my 11th Tidus.

I'm still trudging along trying to hit that 150k UoC ticket, too. This is the first MK banner in a long time that I'm trying to coast by on just a few of the 3* base for bonus. It sucks.

EDarkness

The VP banner is annoying as hell and I REALLY hate how Gumi did it. I've gotten 2 rainbows on that banner and ended up with my third Kunshira and Kid Rydia. I wanted ONE more Freya so I could 7* her, but alas. I'm soooooooo pissed about this. Time is running out and I think I'm gonna miss out even though I've put a lot into this. It's frustrating and they obviously did us wrong.

Heh, getting that 150k ticket is always a pain in the ass. I usually give up, but I have a couple of units that give decent percentages and I can have Lenneth carry my group on the 40 NRG mission. It's been much better this time around. Hang in there, man.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Ugh got so close to beating diabolos, only to be hit by another dispel at <10% health.
I guess the key is a reraise mage + lilith, survive the dispel at 50% health, get him down to >10% and then destroy him with a tornado chain. Too bad I only have one ayaka and one lotus mage fina friend...

Also, lilith + nichol is some silly nonsense once you get cover and reraise on her.
After you cast counter-curse with her, it stops any stat reductions, so you can dual cast both of nichols buffs that also lower stats.
This gives a juicy 130% across the board, mp/hp healing and no downsides at all.

Last edited:

evangd007

Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
I have a 7* Ayaka that I could put up for you. My code is 042 446 671 is you don't have it.

- 5* EX for new quest by clearing Chaotic Darkness. I'm going to hold mine until Valkyria is done. Don't want to be pressured into a wild goose chase for a copy if I pull one.
- free pulls every day for a month. Yay, more junk.

Pejo

Improved rewards on quests, what a cool thing by Gumi. 5* Ex got me Ace #3. Burned through a one shot of Gilgamesh and cleared all of the damage missions too, so I used all those tickets on VP banner. Actually by some miracle got back-to-back rainbows - Shadowlord #1 and Arngrim number 3.....son of a bitch.

Now I'm sitting here with 3/4 of a STMR for Hyoh and I regret not doing the 11k step up. Ah well, waiting for the mixer I guess.

EDarkness

I had 2 10% 5* tickets saved up and decided to do a hail mary to see if I could get Freya before the banner ends. First ticket came down gold. Nothing there. Second ticket came down rainbow. I was nervous as hell but it ended up being FREYA!! Oh damn, that's awesome. So I ended the banner with Lenneth x2, Freya x2, and Arngrim. Not bad at all. I don't need to pull for anything else until A2 or 2B get their 7* versions. Well, I might pull if we get Bravely Default, but that will depend on how they handle the characters. As it stands now, I'm not in any real need of stuff. Pretty awesome. Got lucky as hell.

Pejo

I had 2 10% 5* tickets saved up and decided to do a hail mary to see if I could get Freya before the banner ends. First ticket came down gold. Nothing there. Second ticket came down rainbow. I was nervous as hell but it ended up being FREYA!! Oh damn, that's awesome. So I ended the banner with Lenneth x2, Freya x2, and Arngrim. Not bad at all. I don't need to pull for anything else until A2 or 2B get their 7* versions. Well, I might pull if we get Bravely Default, but that will depend on how they handle the characters. As it stands now, I'm not in any real need of stuff. Pretty awesome. Got lucky as hell.
Congrats ED, that's some awesome last minute luck! You seemed psyched for the VP banner, so I'm glad you got at least one of all the units. Free TMRs too, with the raid summons.

Which collabs are we still waiting for in GL? Bravely Default, Xenogears, (hopefully) Secret of Mana rerun, Octopath, Monster Hunter (likely no way in hell we get it ; ;), what am I missing?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Thanks E evangd007 , I'm inching close to beating him.
It's such abysmal design that the dispel is just fucking random chance though, you get unlucky and boom, two dispels and dead.
Diabolos might be the worst encounter I've had in the game so far.

Pejo

Thanks E evangd007 , I'm inching close to beating him.
It's such abysmal design that the dispel is just fucking random chance though, you get unlucky and boom, two dispels and dead.
Diabolos might be the worst encounter I've had in the game so far.
I can put up another Ayaka 7* if you need, as long as you don't need her at lv 120. Is there anything in particular she needs for the fight? I haven't looked it up yet. I can do the usual status resist and high SPR/HP build no problem, but let me know if there's anything else.

Pejo

Thanks, I guess something to survive lethal attacks with 1hp would help, but she doesn't get targeted often anyway.
Lol, looks like that survive lethal attacks thing is level 120, so I probably won't be able to do that one, but I should be able to get her to 110 for all the barrier skills at least. I'll do it tonight after I've had a chance to do my raid pulls and level her up.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
lol damn, wish I'd have read this before dumping those resources into Ayaka. Ah well, congrats man! Sounds like that fight is going to be a real pain, glad you were able to beat it.

Considering how valuable she is, I'd say not really a waste, plus we're getting max level cactuars anyway.

I gave up trying to do any of that content, because I feel like it's just cheap and not all that much fun. Enemies get 50 attacks a round and it's too frustrating. I'm okay where I'm at in the game. I just wish they had some moderate challenges to mess around with instead of everything being so damn difficult.

The problem is the cheapness one wrong move and you're insta dead.

Basically, if you don't want to waste energy you need to follow a guide, as it is basically impossible to figure out all of the mechanics within the same fight without restarting and wasting stamina. Guys like evil laughter01 have budget guides for some of the content using 4 stars, etc.

What I find surprising is that 7 star was supposed to be unnecessary and overkill, that should easily clear most any content. Yet even 4 7 stars with heavy stats and Nyx limit break cheese + full break, fail to do OTK on some bosses.

I thought a future heavy magic team, around either Elly or Ultima, would be able to solve the OTK issue, but it appears there are bosses with ridiculous SPR like the recent Count, there are also bosses with elemental immunities and bosses immune to nonelemental ahead. There's also the issue of pre-emptive AoE attacks by some bosses with enough force to insta wipe even 7 stars.

EDarkness

Is it possible to use the guaranteed 5* select summon to get the limited time units like Valkyria Profile?

Unfortunately, no. It would be cool to use them to get Lilith, but alas. I wish it was every 5* ever released on the list. It's not like they give away Select Tickets like water, so I don't think it hurts anyone to be able to get those units if they've saved up the 10 tickets.

evangd007

7* batch is Gladio, Noctis, Lunera, Roy, Balthier, Fohlen, BS Sakura, PG Laswell, Loren, Elfreeda, and Fryevia.

I have 2 of Fryevia and Balthier and 1 of Gladio, Noctis, Fohlen, and Sakura. Any of those worth going for a second on the 7* step ups? I could use a 7* tank and Gladio is one, but I never heard any buzz about him.

EDarkness

Whoa. 7* Noctis and Freyvia. I have three each. Those 50% moogles are gonna be nice....

Not sure how good 7* Gladio is. I have a 7* version of him in JP, but have never used him to really know if he's good or not. It'll be interesting to see what they do for Freyvia since we don't have an JP version to compare to. I hope they did something interesting with 7* Noctis, because I wasn't too impressed with his JP version. 7* Sakura is badass, though.

Pejo

Not a bad list, did they talk about Fryevia's 7* and what the skills are? If she ends up being good, I'm going to ditch Hyoh in favor of evade Draculasswell and iNichol, with her as a chaining partner. The only one of those characters I can't 7* is Loren, coincidentally probably the best one, lol.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo
Fryevia will have w-cast, unlockable t-cast, Octoslash chain ability, and bonuses for TDH or TDW.
Ahhhhhh man, so F'ing close to perfect (for my ideal scenario at least). It had to be Octoslash instead of AT....noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I could use the DR moves from both of their kits but that's a big damage drop off.

Either way, those are great buffs to Fryevia, so anyone that has her 7* ready without a big chainer should be happy.

Round 2 of the fan created units is coming, with another free 10+1 on banner. You can use the new summon simulator right now to get depressed if you want: http://exvius.yajags.com/summonsimulator/

I guess the creator of Beryl on Reddit is really mad with how he turned out. Ellesperis looks great though, skillset remaining to be seen, however.

Pejo

They GL buffed Lunera and Roy. Cool little surprise! Bard meta is a little past right now, but Lunera at least becomes a capable DD in her own right.

Fryevia's a beast, with a crazy finisher move on top of the octaslash move. Overall a pretty good batch of 7*

I never have enough gil or cactuar to do all these damn 7* projects ; ;

EDarkness

I got Noctis and Freyvia to 115. Gonna take a bit to get them to 120, but I'm in no rush right now. The sad thing is that both of their STMR are fairly lackluster. Oh well, 50% moogles are great.

Top Bottom