• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Shouta

There's a post on Reddit about complete gacha that explains it well. Paired abilities probably don't really run afoul but they don't want to run the risk in JP.

Global isn't bound by that law since it was for Japan.

EDarkness

I decided to use 5 tickets for the new banner with the scantily clad dark knight blood babe. Ended up getting her! The other pulls I did (the 10+1 and other free tickets) got me nothing. I played around with her at 100 and she's actually pretty good. I kinda want to get a second one now so I can get her to 7*. Not sure how much I want to invest in this, because I think getting another isn't gonna be as easy as I would like.....

Shouta

I decided to use 5 tickets for the new banner with the scantily clad dark knight blood babe. Ended up getting her! The other pulls I did (the 10+1 and other free tickets) got me nothing. I played around with her at 100 and she's actually pretty good. I kinda want to get a second one now so I can get her to 7*. Not sure how much I want to invest in this, because I think getting another isn't gonna be as easy as I would like.....

Nice, gratz!

Pejo

Congrats man! She has a lot of HP sacrifice moves, which I'm never a fan of. Her 7* gets a barrier move though, so maybe that helps.

I didn't have much time to play until late in the day, and holy shit what a string of luck. I did my free 10+1, which got me a Reberta. Then I did a handful of tickets on the fan festa units banner, then a single lap through the step-up. Check this out - everything between Xon and the bottom Beryl (got from a ticket) was from a single 25k step up. I did also get a rainbow off the 4* guaranteed ticket in step 2, so that slightly skews the results, but that's like around 15%-20% rainbows. Never had anything close to this amount of luck before.

LCvXnpM.jpg

EDarkness

Pejo Pejo Damn, man. That's amazing. Beryl 3 times? Crazy. You need to spread some of that luck to the rest of us!

I'm considering doing the first Step Up to see if I can get another dark knight blood babe. Just not sure if I want to blow 5000 lapis. I guess I'll consider it more as we get closer to the end of the banner.

Shouta

JP is getting new FFV units. I don't know if they will be good but I'm glad we're finally getting around to them again.

EDarkness

I wish they would just make the old ones good instead of making new versions of the old characters. They'll forever be a stain on the game. (Lookin' at you Galuf...)

Reizo Ryuu

Jesus christ, nier is back and I only have lapis...here's hoping to get lucky like with lilith.
Almost spent some lapis on the 7* banner yesterday....

EDarkness

2B & A2 are coming back...heh, those Gumi bastards suck...a lot. I'm still recovering from spending everything to get the Valk Profile units. I don't have enough tickets and not a whole lot of lapis to spend on this. It's gonna be JP all over again where I didn't get either of them because I spent a bunch on a previous banner. This whole situation is terrible.

Pejo

Just a heads up, they nerfed the Nier return banner for GL again, down from what JP had.

JP had banner tickets (similar to the FFXV unit ones we got) that let you summon a unit after 5 multi pulls, I think they may have even given everyone 2 free ones or something.

Still, if you don't have a Pod 153, it's a good time to throw some tickets to try to get one. Mechanical Heart too, for at least your tank/mag tank/maybe healer.

I got 2 A2s last time in my hunt for 2B, so I'm not pulling a single resource on this banner. I'm in hoard mode until Jecht or Xenogears, whichever comes first.

EDarkness

I'm gonna burn whatever I have, but it's not much. We haven't had a mog king in a long time so I don't have many tickets. This whole thing sucks. I need one A2 and one 2B. Not sure I'm gonna get lucky enough to get them.

evangd007

Lap 1 rainbows: 2x2B, Veritas of the Dark, CG Jake #3

Glory to mankind.

Note: Even if you aren't interested in the Nier units, steps 1-3 of the step-up is a guaranteed 5* for 10k lapis.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Went against my better judgement and bought some lapis (the Black Friday bundle) to use for the Nier Step Up banner. Ended up with 1 A2 and 2x 2B. Which allows me to get 7* of them both and have an extra 2B for a possible STMR. The situation I'm in now is do I make one more step through the Step Up banner to try for another 2B for her STMR, or do I stay here...live with my current haul and start staving again? Then, there's the thought that I should try for Ellesperis so I can get her to 7*? Gonna wait it out until next Thursday to see where things are and go from there. I need to save up more resources, but at least all of the 7* units I've wanted at the start of the year I ended up with. That's pretty awesome, actually. It's unfortunate that I had to spend money on the game, but I've told myself that it won't happen again. Regardless of who they put in the game, I'm not giving them another dime. Well, I take that back, I do like the .99 cent things they add to the game every now and again. But even that would have to be pretty amazing for me to jump on it at this point.

Either way, I'm happy...kinda. Mostly. In that haul, I also got my second Nyx, my second Balthier, and Prompto. I don't care about any of those guys....

Congrats to everyone who walked out with some units on this banner!

Last edited:

Pejo

Congrats on the pulls everybody!

2B and A2 sound passable but not must-have in the 7* meta. I like 2B being a breaker/chainer, but I'm on hold for Auron for that role.

My daily lapis rolls have been laughable, anyone getting anything good out of them? I got 100 once and 50 all the rest of the times. I get more on average from watching ads, lol.

I'm in another lull in this game, it's been a challenge to try to even log in and do my dailies. I noticed they got rid of the TM moogle for doing all the weekend quests, wonder why? Seems silly, it wasn't like that reward was making us overpowered.

Congrats on the pulls everybody!

2B and A2 sound passable but not must-have in the 7* meta. I like 2B being a breaker/chainer, but I'm on hold for Auron for that role.

My daily lapis rolls have been laughable, anyone getting anything good out of them? I got 100 once and 50 all the rest of the times. I get more on average from watching ads, lol.

I'm in another lull in this game, it's been a challenge to try to even log in and do my dailies. I noticed they got rid of the TM moogle for doing all the weekend quests, wonder why? Seems silly, it wasn't like that reward was making us overpowered.

2B is a monster, she recharges her LB so much she can keep the 74% break nonstop all by herself.

True Charge Blade
Physical damage combo (3 times, 4x each, 12x total) to all enemies
Increase LB gauge (3) to caster
I hear this is like barrage and each of the attacks increases LB gauge by 3, thus increasing by 9 total. She needs her TMR weapon for the breaks on limit break.

But it is said the fixed dice build outdamages hyou and kurasame. Until fixed dice is fixed to stop working on future mobs she's top of the line.

evangd007

How many equipment slots are you guys running? I feel like I'm a hoarder because I don't sell much of anything. As a result I have 455 slots and want more.

EDarkness

How many equipment slots are you guys running? I feel like I'm a hoarder because I don't sell much of anything. As a result I have 455 slots and want more.

I generally don't sell equipment. The only thing that gets sold is the starter weapons because they can be purchased at the shop and they're not something I use now anyway. Everything else, I save. I'm afraid to look at how many equipment slots I've used....

Shouta

I get them as necessary but I usually sell weapons and equipment that are outdated or low attack. If it has a unique ability or an element, it stays.

Pejo

2B is a monster, she recharges her LB so much she can keep the 74% break nonstop all by herself.

I hear this is like barrage and each of the attacks increases LB gauge by 3, thus increasing by 9 total. She needs her TMR weapon for the breaks on limit break.

But it is said the fixed dice build outdamages hyou and kurasame. Until fixed dice is fixed to stop working on future mobs she's top of the line.
I get what you're saying, but with the crystal ball that comes along with being a GL player, I don't see her sticking around long in either role. Couple that with SE thoroughly milking the Nier franchise, I've burnt out on her. Nothing personal if you're into the unit, and yes she seems pretty strong for now, but nothing really gamebreaking. From what I read, the biggest downfall is that you need a dupe for chaining. Still strong as heck though.

I'm at 587/590 on equipment, but that's only because I keep putting off all of the inventory management that this game requires. Way easier to toss 100 lapis or a voucher and forget about it.

Shouta - do you ever get to do anything with 100% prism moogles (like maybe the mixer?) I've been selling them when I get them to 100% but I don't want to pass on that currency if you can trade them in to the mixer, or there's some other future use for them.

EDarkness

Crafted equipment generally sucks. I haven't crafted any weapons since the last Nier banner. No point in bothering with that stuff since it's all bad. I did craft the Katana Mastery thing for Ellepheris (sp?) the other day, but that's been the extent of my crafting for a long time now. If they're not even gonna attempt to make that stuff even somewhat decent, then I won't even bother with it.

Shouta

100% Containers are worthless after you get the TMR from them. Just chuck them after you're done since they're a waste of space. 100% characters are worthwhile though, lol

Reizo Ryuu

There's some nice stuff in the crafted gear imo, like the just cause fists, which are the only ones with earth element on them, the water summer greatsword. or the current stone resistant torn dress, but they are mostly outclassed by tmrs or trial gear.
I generally build the main thing and ignore the rest.

evangd007

I tend to want to build everything for the codex entries, but then keep it instead of selling it. Maybe I should just shed the dead weight.

Pejo

Well, for a pleasant surprise, that 10+1 ticket got me my Nth Dork Fina and my 2nd Citra. Feels good because all of my other free pulls have been garbage lately. I'm glad I didn't waste more resources chasing 7* Citra now, because I was tempted to.

Evangd, you got me looking at my various inventory spaces and now I'm getting OCD about cleaning them up. I'm going to be doing a crafting/selling/culling of my materials/items/equipment tonight, and it's all your fault. Like a spring cleaning of jpgs.

EDarkness

My material list needs major culling. I took a quick peek at it and I guess I never pulled on the Just Cause raid because I have ALL of those raid coins in my inventory. I thought I did, but I guess I didn't. Looks like there was another raid I didn't pull for, too. No idea what that one was. I should do a better job of pulling during raids, but since I usually wait until the end to pull sometimes I totally forget about it and don't pull at all. On top of that, so many mats for raid crafted gear that I'll never use. Gotta find a way to clean this stuff out of my inventory.

evangd007

Pejo Pejo It's going to feel good when you can "Claim all" and get no out of space pop ups.

Oh look, a GL exclusive event boss. I wonder what abilities it will have... of course it's MP drain. It's so fun having to have one unit on constant MP regen duty! /s

EDarkness

I saved up another 5000 lapis (purchased a couple of the .99 cent bundles as well) so that I could take another crack at getting Ellesperis so that I could 7* her. Did one of the Step Up levels and it had two rainbows! The first was Barbaricia! I can finally get a 7* version of her. The second was Ellesperis! YES! I'm done with banners for a long time. Need to start saving again, because this Nier banner really drained my resources. I'm happy, though. I feel like my batch of 7* units can get me easily through the stuff I generally do in the game. Glad I didn't get Beryl. I guess the next unit I'll try to get will be Yuffie. I might try for Auron when he gets released as well. We'll see.

Pejo

E EDarkness congrats man! That's a hell of a lucky pull. Where do you see yourself using Ellesperis? I looked at her skillset and unfortunately the babysitting required for her, kinda killed it for me.

Daily free pull today got me Loren #2, wooohooo. I wasn't going to UoC her 7*, but I'll gladly use her now that she was given to me.

EDarkness

Well, my main group currently is Reagan, Lenneth, Trance Terra, A2, and Ellesperis. Terra and Lenneth can heal, so no big deal. Most things don't live more than one round anyway and if a fight drags on a bit, I think I have enough survivability to deal with it. On top of that, one of her moves is a damage with a heal/refresh buff.

Also, after playing with her a bit, I don't think she takes anywhere near as much damage as Dark Knight Cecil.

Last edited:

Shouta

I got the new CG Bartz this morning but just one. Didn't get another after using the rest of my resources though woof, lol.

I get him up to 2200 at 6-star without any pots though! Beastly

EDarkness

Congrats on getting him Shouta Shouta . I don't care about that guy at all. As a matter of fact, I haven't rolled in JP in a LONG time. They really need to add in more cool units there. I'm not interested in retreads of old units up to 5* instead of just making the old units good (I know, I know...they can't do that, but still).

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Well, I took a shot at the 3 step banner #2 and had pretty good results. 13000 lapis for Cloud #2, Onion #2, Luneth #3 and Ellesperis. I know it's a trap banner, but I'd say that was lapis well spent.

Last edited:

Shouta

The extra 3rd Anniversary tickets we got from JP Fan Fest netted me my second Bartz! Now I have a 7-star of him. So psyched to use him.

Pejo

The extra 3rd Anniversary tickets we got from JP Fan Fest netted me my second Bartz! Now I have a 7-star of him. So psyched to use him.
Congrats Shouta! I saw his CG animation, it's pretty awesome. Did I see Noctis' king's sword in the mix? Seems odd if so.

Pejo

Is it better to have 2 6* 2Bs or 1 7*2B? I was lucky enough to get 2 of her.
7* 2B seems like a big upgrade unless you have literally no other chaining damage characters. She plays that hybrid damage/breaker role pretty nicely.

I don't run a dedicated breaker for most content, so I might be overstating the importance, but if you can level her LB it seems like a no-brainer to 7* her.

Reizo Ryuu

I like how A2 manages to chain with so many different families besides her own.
Now a perfect chain for her is about 31 hits I think, but she still managed to chain ~18 hits with like tornado. Though I really dislike how none of the units, cept eve, have any resistances at all... I mean they are droids...why does poison even affect them?
So I opted to sacrifice some attack on her, just so I can have paralyse and stone resistance. Also chose to DW instead of DH because of the added HP when she uses fists.
She might not have the min-max damage like this, but I feel you have to worry much less about her dying or getting a nasty status.

Last edited:

Pejo

I like how A2 manages to chain with so many different families besides her own.
Now a perfect chain for her is about 31 hits I think, but she still managed to chain ~18 hits with like tornado. Though I really dislike how none of the units, cept eve, have any resistances at all... I mean they are droids...why does poison even affect them?
So I opted to sacrifice some attack on her, just so I can have paralyse and stone resistance. Also chose to DW instead of DH because of the added HP when she uses fists.
She might not have the min-max damage like this, but I feel you have to worry much less about her dying or getting a nasty status.
Can you post your build with her? I'm debating on 7*ing her at the moment, I'd like to see what a DW build looks like for her in the current meta.

Reizo Ryuu

Can you post your build with her? I'm debating on 7*ing her at the moment, I'd like to see what a DW build looks like for her in the current meta.

I'm still not done with her, heck I don't even have her TMR yet (even though other greatswords are prolly a better choice if you're going pure damage).
So this is the best I can do for her so far:
1pPICD5.jpg

I could raise her attack to ~1400 but that means sacrificing HP, and the status resistance on the assassin's vest. Also that excalibur barely has any IW enhancements, I think it has +1% atk lol.
I also like mechanical heart on her, because of how her berserk mode LB works. Now I've obviously canabilised some of Jensen's gear for what you're seeing now, but this is the kind of "balance" I'd like to have for her final build.
I've seen A2's with like 1800 atk, but with 5.5k hp and no status resistances...I really don't like that.

EDarkness

My A2 is sitting at about 6k HP and 1500 ATK, but I went TDH since she gets more from using her Beastlord than dual wielding. I probably could be higher if I had more 30-40% ATK materia without sacrificing too many HPs. I also have one of her material slots always reserved for a killer materia. This way I have a bit of flexibility to take out things when I have to. I wish they would give her some enhancements, though. Same with 2B, but I think it's too easy to hit the 400% cap with her, and I guess that's not too bad, because you can use those materia/equipment slots for more HP/DEF if you need it.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
You know, contrary to the sentiment on reddit over these “trap” banners, they have paid off amazing for me. I pulled again on the healer one today ( been grinding out story, haven’t played in months so lots of free lapis for me) I pulled my 4th Tidus, first lotus Fina, 2nd Zarg and 2nd Queen from another 13000 lapis. So pumped, once I get some gil I can catch up on everything I missed out on with those pulls, already had 2x 2b from last year. I did log in for the anneversay but didn’t play for the tickets back then, but damn, 26000 lapis for 8 5* which netted me some good 7* units, and an STMR that synergizes with Zarg.

Last edited:

Pejo

You know, contrary to the sentiment on reddit over these “trap” banners, they have paid off amazing for me. I pulled again on the healer one today ( been grinding out story, haven’t played in months so lots of free lapis for me) I pulled my 4th Tidus, first lotus Fina, 2nd Zarg and 2nd Queen from another 13000 lapis. So pumped, once I get some gil I can catch up on everything I missed out on with those pulls, already had 2x 2b from last year. I did log in for the anneversay but didn’t play for the tickets back then, but damn, 26000 lapis for 8 5* which netted me some good 7* units, and an STMR that synergizes with Zarg.
They're great banners from a lapis : potential 5* unit ratio, but you have virtually no control over what you get, and we're undoubtedly coming up on some limited christmas units that you can't get the rest of the year.

That's the only reason they're trap banners, in my opinion. For new players or people that aren't hunting specific 7* units, they're pretty good.

Top Bottom