• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

evangd007

Third run through Nier step up was a success. Ayaka #4, Merc Ramza, OK #2, and A2 #2. With 7* 2B and A2, I'm good to go.

I need a 7* tank so I may throw my collection of 4* tickets at Sieghard. They're nice to use on single unit banners.

Pejo

Third run through Nier step up was a success. Ayaka #4, Merc Ramza, OK #2, and A2 #2. With 7* 2B and A2, I'm good to go.

I need a 7* tank so I may throw my collection of 4* tickets at Sieghard. They're nice to use on single unit banners.
The new 4* base unit also has a 84% DEF break too. People are speculating she'll be used a lot in OTKO strategies for the massive damage boost. (but you have to max her LB).

Quick question, what's the GL UoC ticket count? I'm at 19, have I missed any?

evangd007

The new 4* base unit also has a 84% DEF break too. People are speculating she'll be used a lot in OTKO strategies for the massive damage boost. (but you have to max her LB).

Quick question, what's the GL UoC ticket count? I'm at 19, have I missed any?

That's what I have so you're in the clear.

The one thing I need at 7* is a tank, so I'll be trying.
I just love mercenary ramza's design and abilities more, though less beefy. Would pair nicely with ultima(i just hope we get magic elemental imbuers in the future)

Im chasing dietlinde for the 84% break that is practically a first turn ko guarantee on any def breakable boss.

evangd007

I just love mercenary ramza's design and abilities more, though less beefy. Would pair nicely with ultima(i just hope we get magic elemental imbuers in the future)

Im chasing dietlinde for the 84% break that is practically a first turn ko guarantee on any def breakable boss.

If I had 7* Merc Ramza I'd probably not try, but as it stands I have 4 half 7* tanks: 1 Merc Ramza, 1 Basch, 1 Gladio, and 1 Marchenko.

Pejo

Katy Perry for GL. My brain just melted.
I thought you were shitting me, but you aren't, hahaha.

Who the hell is making these decisions? lol

Apparently she made a new song that she performs with the band "The Promise Ring" just for the game?

what in the world.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Katy perry?
I'll absolutely take it obv...

In other news, remember when I got screwed over with the deus ex banner?
Well a miracle has happened:
TLzoNMD.jpg

Actually mad respect.

Apparantly these are the rewards for clearing the fan festa raid?

ltxtFiS.jpg

I'm not sure if they said this was just for the attendees, or everyone? Cool if it's for everyone, but now I'm a bit worried since I missed the raid by literally 5 minutes....those are some juicy ass rewards to miss out on...
Also the Fan festa select summon tickets will actually allow you to pick some limited units like Lilith.

Last edited:

Pejo

Katy perry?
I'll absolutely take it obv...

In other news, remember when I got screwed over with the deus ex banner?
Well a miracle has happened:
TLzoNMD.jpg

Actually mad respect.

Apparantly these are the rewards for clearing the fan festa raid?

ltxtFiS.jpg

I'm not sure if they said this was just for the attendees, or everyone? Cool if it's for everyone, but now I'm a bit worried since I missed the raid by literally 5 minutes....those are some juicy ass rewards to miss out on...
Also the Fan festa select summon tickets will actually allow you to pick some limited units like Lilith.

Congrats man! Took them long enough, lol.

Also yes, everyone is going to get those rewards, and the UoC tickets are good for any non-collab GL exclusive (and regular units I assume). I might snag Demon Rain #2 to 7* him, or my first GL Sakura/Christine/Chow. I'm not actually sure who to pick.

Sora was also confirmed, his sprite looks cool.

Congrats man! Took them long enough, lol.

Also yes, everyone is going to get those rewards, and the UoC tickets are good for any non-collab GL exclusive (and regular units I assume). I might snag Demon Rain #2 to 7* him, or my first GL Sakura/Christine/Chow. I'm not actually sure who to pick.

Sora was also confirmed, his sprite looks cool.
Christine Nyx combo is a OTK - FTK machine, it also makes those ridiculous high attack nonelemental tmr weapons(lion heart, etc) into stmr level elemental weapons.

I mean the ability to imbue all characters, at once, is pretty bonkers.

Last edited:

Pejo

Christine Nyx combo is a OTK - FTK machine, it also makes those ridiculous high attack nonelemental tmr weapons(lion heart, etc) into stmr level elemental weapons.

I mean the ability to imbue all characters, at once, is pretty bonkers.
Yea I've been hoping that they'd add more elemental imbuers as time went on, but really Christine stands alone there. The only downside of grabbing her with the UoC tickets is that I'll be hamstrung into pulling on her banner (which is likely going to be as bad as the halloween banners) to 7* her. Depending on how long we have to use the tickets, I might just sit on them to see if I can naturally pull a Christine in a few weeks when we get Christmas events. Don't get me wrong, she still has uses even as 6*, but it's hard to justify those HP/stat pools in the 7* meta on challenging content.

There's actually a bit of a positive feel lately with this game. It was sorely needed. We've had daily free pulls for almost a month now, lots of free tickets, etc. Got a few guaranteed 5*'s coming up, and some exciting collabs.

I hope this is actually an effect of all the feedback they got through the past few months, and it just took a while to implement. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, as long as they keep communicating things and not nerfing GL stuff for no reason again (other than profit I guess).

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I was thinking about picking chow to use his TMR for liquid metal slime, but I literally have 3 7* tanks now: lilith the greatest, marchenko and basch waiting for his awakening. Feel like investing in slime is a bit redundant.
So then I guess I should just pick whoever looks the most interesting? Kryla looks pretty cool.

Pejo

I was thinking about picking chow to use his TMR for liquid metal slime, but I literally have 3 7* tanks now: lilith the greatest, marchenko and basch waiting for his awakening. Feel like investing in slime is a bit redundant.
So then I guess I should just pick whoever looks the most interesting? Kryla looks pretty cool.
Kryla is interesting, but her breaks need an update. She is a mainstay for my arena team because she does dualcasted SPR based damage dual element damage and can esunaga/dispelga everyone, but I'm really hoping she gets some love for 7*, as her kit is really really dated now. I think a lot of who to pick is going to depend on what 7* buffs the christmas/CNY units get. Otherwise if just a single unit, Chow's TM is still nice for parameter missions (which we're still not announced to get). Kryla's is also great for magic tanks with the SPR/AutoLB/Elemental resist too. Tough choice if you don't have anyone to 7* though.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yeah for tanks I was actually looking at demon rain, but he's only really amazing at 7*.
Thought about dracu lasswell to have a perfect chain partner for A2, but he also needs a 7* to compete...also with jensen, A2 and malphasie front and centre, I'm not lacking in attackers..
I can really only pick a 6* unit out of this, and as such the smart thing to do would be to pick one of the christmas units, since that banner is coming soon.
Don't really have use for any of them, aside from maybe their tmr's, so I'll prolly just resort to whoever looks coolest.

EDarkness

I'd like to get another Christine to add to my 7* pile. I used her a lot when I first got her. I don't really have the resources to try, though.

Broseybrose

Well, I already have STMR Fryevia, so my obvious choices here would be a 2nd Reberta or 2nd Barb.

I do need a 7* magic tank but I don't have Beryl, so he's out.

So , hello 7* Barb!

Just came back to seriously playing Exvius... anyone have space for a friend??
Y'know, I have had two open slots (128/130) for like two months, but I haven't been able to fill them. I don't know how to fix it.

I can make friend reqs but they never get added. Anyone who tried to req me gets a msg saying I'm full. Strange bug.

Pejo

Just came back to seriously playing Exvius... anyone have space for a friend??
Made some space, 014 414 382, welcome back!

Well, I already have STMR Fryevia, so my obvious choices here would be a 2nd Reberta or 2nd Barb.

I do need a 7* magic tank but I don't have Beryl, so he's out.

So , hello 7* Barb!

Y'know, I have had two open slots (128/130) for like two months, but I haven't been able to fill them. I don't know how to fix it.

I can make friend reqs but they never get added. Anyone who tried to req me gets a msg saying I'm full. Strange bug.
Chow/Beryl/Lilith are all good magic tank candidates, if there isn't a rush to use the tickets you might want to save to see if you can snag a Chow, or get a Beryl from the tons of free 5*s we're about to get. 7* Barb is pretty legit too, though.

Also, I think any pending sent requests will clog up your friends list, so maybe remove anyone in there, and you should be able to fill those last few slots.

EDarkness

How long is that banner going to be available? I'd love to get Lilith, but I don't have one of her. My obvious choice right now is Christine, but if we get other 5* tickets and I can get someone I don't have, I can use the Select Ticket on a different unit.

Pejo

Expanded to 45!
All good now.

Boy, lots of goodies. Even the 10+1 got me some golds, which suddenly have more value now that we're getting the mixer. Don't forget to double 7* your Katy Perrys first before combining them since they're only 100k to 7*. You'll get the 50% moogle and 2 ticks on your scorecard for how many 7*s you created. For reference, here are the rewards for JPs 7* creation missions:

5 - 5-Star EX ticket
10 - 10m Gil
15 - UoC x2
20 - 10m Gil
30 - UoC x2
40 - UoC x2
50 - UoC x2
60 - UoC x2
70 - UoC x5
80 - UoC x5
100 - Origin Ring (HP/MP 20% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR 30%)

EDarkness

All good now.

Boy, lots of goodies. Even the 10+1 got me some golds, which suddenly have more value now that we're getting the mixer. Don't forget to double 7* your Katy Perrys first before combining them since they're only 100k to 7*. You'll get the 50% moogle and 2 ticks on your scorecard for how many 7*s you created. For reference, here are the rewards for JPs 7* creation missions:

5 - 5-Star EX ticket
10 - 10m Gil
15 - UoC x2
20 - 10m Gil
30 - UoC x2
40 - UoC x2
50 - UoC x2
60 - UoC x2
70 - UoC x5
80 - UoC x5
100 - Origin Ring (HP/MP 20% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR 30%)

Just curious, what are you talking about? I don't see this in the global version at all....

Pejo

Just curious, what are you talking about? I don't see this in the global version at all....
It's just speculation for now, but this is the reward set that JP gets when they create a certain number of 7*s. With Gumi's track record, we'll likely get the same system, but the rewards are anybody's guess. I was just posting to show what we might expect.

EDarkness

Ah. I know this is in JP and it's a pretty generous system. No idea what they're gonna do for Global if it actually comes over.

I do wonder why they make these collab characters and don't make them actually good. Just seems like a waste as no one is really gonna use these characters. On top of that, the crafted gear is beyond terrible. Just a waste of time.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Ah. I know this is in JP and it's a pretty generous system. No idea what they're gonna do for Global if it actually comes over.

I do wonder why they make these collab characters and don't make them actually good. Just seems like a waste as no one is really gonna use these characters. On top of that, the crafted gear is beyond terrible. Just a waste of time.

They don't make these collab characters for veterans. They do it to bring in new players. And for a new player an easily accessible 7* is useful.

EDarkness

They don't make these collab characters for veterans. They do it to bring in new players. And for a new player an easily accessible 7* is useful.

That makes sense, but it's still kinda sad that they do these special collaboration units that really aren't that good.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Honestly, if you look at katy as 6* unit instead of 7*, she's actually a pretty buff 6* unit. Obviously she's not going to beat someone like pure summoner rydia, but she's honestly a pretty decent replacement for garnet.

Pejo

New christmas units look bonkers on paper, but I hate both the designs, lol. That nutcracker guy is what I wanted in a unit for a while now, chainer/Imbuer with lots of chaining families, but ugh....the sprite. I also don't know if it's just self imbue, or it can be targeted. I'd hope for the latter.

Gonna roll a bit on the old christmas units to see if I can snag a Christine to UoC a second. At least I'll have an ice imbue then. I hope she gets some team support skills too for her 7* form so I can justify the slot in my party.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Felix sounds a bit like malphasie, Tiana seems pretty cool too.
More interested in the awakenings for the other 3 christmas units though, might spend some resources to get one of them if they turn out to be great.

Pejo

Felix sounds a bit like malphasie, Tiana seems pretty cool too.
More interested in the awakenings for the other 3 christmas units though, might spend some resources to get one of them if they turn out to be great.
From the preview, i'm not happy what they did for Kryla. What a unique idea for a unit that was just totally left in the dust. Her enhancements are just 60% breaks. That's not even close to meta anymore, why even bother.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
From the preview, i'm not happy what they did for Kryla. What a unique idea for a unit that was just totally left in the dust. Her enhancements are just 60% breaks. That's not even close to meta anymore, why even bother.
She seems pretty good to me.
She does have acess to much stronger breaks via her cooldowns. Ofcourse a breaker like lid is gonna be better, but that's all she will be doing. Kryla also has those imperils and an lb with stop.
I feel like she'd be much more fun to use than just a dedicated breaker.

Last edited:

Pejo

She seems pretty good to me.
She does have acess to much stronger breaks via her cooldowns. Ofcourse a breaker like lid is gonna be better, but that's all she will be doing. Kryla also has those imperils and an lb with stop.
I feel like she'd be much more fun to use than just a dedicated breaker.
I guess my problem is that I don't like having a dedicated breaker without some other utility anyway. I've only ever used Lid for 1TKO strategies. I was hoping Kryla would be that external imbuer since her kit is mostly useless by today's standards. I really just want something to fill that role, and I already had 2 Krylas so why not her, lol. She can do breaks, but there's SO much setup on them, where lid just points at something and breaks it. Her DoT stuff might have niche uses for the rare trial where the boss isn't immune to every single status effect in the game, as it looks like fixed damage.

Meanwhile, Christine got pretty much everything I wanted. My 2 Biggest needs were an external imbuer and a chainer for TTerra. I could see Christine staying on my team pretty much indefinitely now. I can finally use DracuLasswell as an evade tank and try some shenanigans with that. Now I have to hope i can get one of her in 25k lapis. If only we had a character with 7* stats that could do what iNichol does. Regardless, I can still build him to be plenty survivable. I'm really really excited about what Christine can bring to my team idea.

It's also pretty great news for White Knight Noel fans, he looks like a really strong MAG tank and nuker now. I have 7* Beryl to fill that role already, and i hate large sprites, but I'm sure a lot of people are happy with his kit.

Daily 4* EX tickets got me a Rinoa, neat.

evangd007

Did a last minute step-up for Sieghart. Got 3 on the last step. 5x rate up coming through!

Also got an Aranea on step 3.

Now that I have a 7* tank, I think I'll use my choice tickets for Christine #2 and UoCs for Trance Terra #2 for some magic power.

Pejo

Well, I burnt up to step 4 of lapis, and some tickets, got my first WKN and my 4th Kryla. No Christine. Desire sensor is KILLIN' me.

I need to farm a little lapis to get enough for that last step, I hope to god I can get a Christine.

Top Bottom