• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Pejo

Well lid is finally getting her 7*, but honestly dunno if I'm gonna use her much, I find kryla to be far more versatile. Nichol's 7* almost feels like it's going to be superfluous; the man is beast mode even as he is now. Can't remember if I've ever took him off my main teams since I pulled him.
Yea last batch of 7*, PLUS Star Ocean gang is getting their 7*. I need a second Rena. I was hoping we'd have the Mixer by now so I didn't have to pull for her, but I might drop a few pulls on the SO banner too see what I can get. I have 4 Fayt already so I definitely don't want more of him. Hoping he gets a fun 7* kit.

JP got a new 5-7* base Kefka and Shadow, kinda fun. Kefka's LB puts him into God Kefka mode.

Pejo

Whew. Took me about 3 hours to sort out my inventory, summon all my collected EX tickets and regular tickets and just get my head above water again. Managed to snag a Tifa, Eiko #3, Malphaise #3, and Folka just with various tickets though, so that's not all bad.

Decided I'm going to make myself hate the game and see if I can grind out that FF7 event UoC ticket before the reset. Now that I have Tifa and a few Barretts, it might not be too bad. I've got over 400 NRG pots, so no worries there.

I should have enough straight lapis to do 1 lap through the Rena/Sophia banner before the end of the Star Ocean banner (including the upcoming login bonuses), so I'm really crossing my fingers there to try to snag my 2nd Rena there.

Also, I'm not sure how many of you have tried Star Ocean: Anamnesis, but the FFBE main characters got collab characters over there, and they look great. Lasswell is a freebie, even.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Well yes, any 5* is welcome I guess, but you'd figure a ticket called "star ocean summon" would have a limited pool of units available.

EDarkness

Well yes, any 5* is welcome I guess, but you'd figure a ticket called "star ocean summon" would have a limited pool of units available.

Has Gumi ever really given us a limited pool banner? I've seen them many times in JP, but I can't think of any that they've done in Global.

Shouta

Leon and CG Firion for JP. Not bad, I might toss a few tickets to try but I'm saving for now.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Looks like the inventory changes have been added. That's great. It's one of the things I've wanted in the Global version for a long time. Too bad the chocobo expeditions isn't as awesome as it is in Japan, though.

I haven't really been pulling on this banner. I want another Fayte, but the odds of getting him is gonna be low since there are so many other characters that may possibly show up instead. Oh well, I'll just keep throwing extra tickets at it over time. Maybe I'll get lucky.

EDIT: Decided to do the 3500 lapis pull and ended up with Fayte! Damn, so awesome. I don't really need to pull on this banner anymore! Awesome.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, I've really been waiting til the last minute lately to farm these events. I don't think I've actually finished a story event in over a year. They just take so damn long. Got the UoC and I'm done here. Feels great to have the moogle space free in my inventory, I'm in no rush for the mixer stuff now because I only wanted the limited unit prisms. Might eventually do the empty moogle container to get rid of some of these 100% moogles I've been sitting on like Prompto and Explorer Aileen.

Pejo

Well this was one of the banners I've been waiting for, so I spent my hoarded lapis on a round of the step-up. Got shit all the first four steps (Elfreeda #6 on Step 3), and I was really nervous about not getting Jecht in my guaranteed step 5. I rolled it, 2 rainbows! First was Auron, second was....Auron. =(

I mean he's a great unit and I like him and everything, but I wanted Jecht. Ah well, i'm almost up to 20 UoC tickets, so I'll just get him that way in a few weeks, but still, what a bummer.

Gotta clear out some raid coins to level Auron up to 7 now. His kit looks fun, kinda becomes a chainer and replaces HT Lid. I love slot efficiency.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Didn't realise I pulled two emperors and a folka with all of those anniversary tickets. Finally have a 5* healer I guess and she's pretty beast mode.
Didn't think much of emperor but 7*'d him anyway, though after reading up on him he seems super busted, especially when used with folka or lilith.
I still really want fayte, so I'll be spending all my upcoming tickets to try and get one; really trying not to dip into lapis for those surprise limit collab units.

Pejo

Didn't realise I pulled two emperors and a folka with all of those anniversary tickets. Finally have a 5* healer I guess and she's pretty beast mode.
Didn't think much of emperor but 7*'d him anyway, though after reading up on him he seems super busted, especially when used with folka or lilith.
I still really want fayte, so I'll be spending all my upcoming tickets to try and get one; really trying not to dip into lapis for those surprise limit collab units.
Congrats on the pulls! Folka looks like she's going to be clutch with upcoming elemental resistance fights.

I wish all the MK events were as easy as this one. It's been a breeze clearing the shop of what I wanted. Auron's a beast and I've really reconsidered my team a bit since getting him. I think my new "default" setup is going to be:

-Eiko - Healer - Still feel she's the best and most underrated healer in the game. Great healing, tons of utility, eases the burden of all the bullshit "do something with Esper" missions, break removal, refresh, LB gain, Esper fill, summon any equipped esper.
-M. Ramza - Main Tank - It took me a lot of back and forth on this one because I already had Wilhelm maxed out and he's been a beast for me, but M.Ramza has one thing that I love for missions and buffing - Entrust. Really helps out with Zarg or Rena getting those LBs off in time.
-Zarg (or Rena if more healing is needed) - Buffer and utility - Can do almost anything
-Beryl (or A. Rain if MP drain comes into play) - Magic tank and extra DPS, I really really wish that Beryl had an easily accessible finishing move outside of his LB or that his chaining frames were AT instead of Octoslash/DR, but if I have 2 chainers along, he will usually fill in the chain well enough anyways. He's an interesting unit in that dual wield and element of weapon works for his magic based abilities, so it's easy to match element and contribute a non-trivial amount of extra damage when he doesn't need to use tanking skills. Once I get his STMR, he will be even more of a monster, currently 1 Beryl short. His LB when Maxed also has insane full break of 74% on top of being a beastly finishing skill.
-Auron -Attacker and breaker - AT frames, tons of ATK, decent modifiers, great breaks. Can triple cast first turn and has lots of utility including 70% 3 turn break and 140% 3 turn Buff for the full party(on the same skill even). There is a lot of overlap in this team, which is very nice in case you get a bad round or two.
-Any friend AT frame attacker ideally, so Draculasswell, CG Lasswell, A2, Raegan, Seph, etc. Only gets better when Akstar is released and I won't even have to pull for him.

The only real downside to this team is if the things you're fighting has fire or wind resist, then I'm pretty SoL and have to swap Auron out, but that's hardly a bad downside because I have plenty of other strong 7* AT/DR frame damage units to fill in (Hyoh, Fayt, A2, Seph)

What are your "go-to" teams looking like these days?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
What are your "go-to" teams looking like these days?
It's generally lilith, kryla, malphasie and ms nichol.
The 5th spot is for whatever I need.
Jensen for physical finisher
A2 for physical chainer
Folka for healing
Emperor for mag finisher
rinoa for mag chainer
Basch for a second tank

Pejo

It's generally lilith, kryla, malphasie and ms nichol.
The 5th spot is for whatever I need.
Jensen for physical finisher
A2 for physical chainer
Folka for healing
Emperor for mag finisher
rinoa for mag chainer
Basch for a second tank
So your Lilith works as both your magic and physical tank? Do you build her for evasion?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So your Lilith works as both your magic and physical tank? Do you build her for evasion?
She has some evasion, but she´s mostly just a brute force tank .
She has 15k hp, ~900def and 1100spr, combine that with her self-reraise, self heals, damage mitigation on LB and cooldowns, survive lethal attacks and nichol's roundly 130% all stat buff, and she becomes pretty difficult to kill.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
uhh so...Yan is quite ridiculous for a 4* unit isn't she? Her LB alone is just bonkers and it fills up so fast you can almost use it every round.

Pejo

uhh so...Yan is quite ridiculous for a 4* unit isn't she? Her LB alone is just bonkers and it fills up so fast you can almost use it every round.
Yep, pretty unique moveset. I'd argue that in 7* meta she's up there with iNichol as the 2 best unique 4*s that can still be relevant. Shame about the stats and equipment selection though.

Pejo

Welp, like the game itself, I'm pretty much on Maintenance mode right now. I haven't even done a single fight in a few weeks. Just log in, get goodies, do free summons, log off. I think this might finally be the end of the rope for me.

I tried thinking about what the reason is, because I'm not currently mad at any particular thing Gumi's done this time, but I think it finally just passed that threshold of requiring too much time to do things that matter just too little.

Over the past few weeks, we had Raid orbs/PVP/Expeditions/Wave Battle/King Mog farming/Daily quests/Story events/item world that all require a ton of real world time for more pittance of lapis rewards, tickets, and then the other shit that we all likely have 199 of in our inventories. It's just not worth it anymore. I sorta miss when I could burn through all of my daily required stuff in 15-20 minutes. Now it's over an hour just to stare at the same old shit, and then you gotta do it 2-3 more times throughout the day if you don't want to miss anything. I realize you can do it in less of a "all or nothing" way, but that's just kinda how I am.

Anyways, in the news Gumi finally acknowledged all the bugs and crap, and they're doing free pulls to say sorry. Cool I guess.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The problem is everthing is just so time consuming.
You log in:
Connecting
Special login pop up
Daily pop up
Connecting
Claim all inbox
Connecting
Vortex
Connecting
Do the raid 5 times with a bunch of screens in between.
Summon
Connecting
Summon raid banner
Fuse all the shit properly
30 minutes of your life already gone and you still have all your stamina to go through...

Pejo

The problem is everthing is just so time consuming.
You log in:
Connecting
Special login pop up
Daily pop up
Connecting
Claim all inbox
Connecting
Vortex
Connecting
Do the raid 5 times with a bunch of screens in between.
Summon
Connecting
Summon raid banner
Fuse all the shit properly
30 minutes of your life already gone and you still have all your stamina to go through...
Yea this is a pretty good summary. Also, unit management (despite the extra inventory) is a fucking nightmare now. There should just be a "fuse all dupes" option at this point in the game. After I do a 10+1 pull or two, it takes like 20 minutes just to scroll through my units to figure out who I need to merge. Especially now that keeping 100%TM units are important. Also that system sucks. A whole separate menu you have to access just to sell your units to the mixer. I'd love a "sell all 100% TM to mixer" option with a review step in between that I could manually deselect any accidental units from. Managing equipment and units I think are the biggest bummer in this game, and only going to get worse as both equipment and unit count expand. Thank god for FFBE equip or else I'd never even try out any other units other than my main team. Even after it does the work for me of gearing my units, it still takes a half hour just to find and actually equip all the stuff in-game.

It really has felt like a chore to do all of this stuff anymore, instead of the fun I used to have in the game.

evangd007

I haven't been paying much attention lately but apparently the bonus battle in the Ignacio event has a bug that makes it nigh unwinnable. Gumi's solution was to extend the event and give us 100 lapis and 10 energy pots. Now the people and content producers are in revolt.

Other than the myriad of unaddressed technical issues, one of the big issues is that the vast majority of the content is incredibly grindy while other content like trials and weapon bosses is way behind what we should be at compared to JP.

I don't even get excited about pulling anymore. I have 7-star 2B and A2. What more do I need?

Shouta

Mog King events just got changed up in JP. It's kind of good and kind of bad. The event gives out a free, unique 7-star unit now (Garland since this is an FF1 event), lets you get their trust and super trust, and has some better rewards now like a second 5-star ticket, a bunch of gil, and more lapis. It also is easier to run and bonus enemies are everywhere but the costs overall are pretty high for each thing. They also reduced the number of UoC tickets and 4 star tickets as well. They might actually move those to other events but at least for now, it's a bit disappointing.

EDarkness

I'm glad I stopped playing JP. I'm close to not playing Global anymore, too. I feel like "free" units are pretty bad and every time they give them out it's more for fan service than an actual unit you'll use. Losing select tickets sucks, too. They really need to come up with new types of events, to be honest.

Pejo

Hey Shouta, where does Citan sit on current JP damage meta? I'm planning out my UoCs and lapis, and I'd like a damage dealer that stays high level for a while. I know Akstar is the next big one, but I'm not really fond of him.

Pejo

Hadn't tried the latest Hasako challenge until tonight, gave it a try with my usual team + A. Fryevia friend, crushed them in about 15 mins. That MP absorb sucks, but afterwards the sheer bulk of my team was pretty much unstoppable. Auron is crazy good as a breaker. I got all missions except the "no LB" because screw that for some raid coins.

Also, I'm not sure if everyone here is aware, but they released Nier and Dragon Quest 7* prisms in the trust mixer shop, 5k a piece. Kinda under the radar considering how much good will it would bring them to announce it loud and proud. Ah well, Gumi gonna Gumi.

With the tickets I got from the Hasako challenge quest rewards, I threw them into the A. Fry and Myra banner, one last shot without spending any lapis, and first one got me a rainbow. Squall #2.

The off banner stuff really should change. It's so crazy to me that its a 66% chance for off-banner rainbows on any given banner.

Also, with all the free pulls lately, I got 2 (two) more Tiduses....Tidusi...Tidi? Here's what despair looks like in 5* base form:

EDarkness

Wow. I'd love to have even one of those. I haven't been able to get a second Tidus and it's really frustrating. I wanted to get Golden Fryevia, but no luck. I did walk away with 3 rainbows on that banner, but they were all off banner. Which sucks. Oh well. Don't care about the current banner. Don't have any tickets, either. I feel like we get way few tickets now than we did in the beginning. Maybe that's because we get few true Mog King events these days. Either way, game is boring and I'm just going through the motions these days. Still would have liked a Golden Fryevia. :(

Shouta

Elfim got a real power boost with her enhancements. I'd say she's probably the best buff/debuffer package right now.

Pejo

Elfim got a real power boost with her enhancements. I'd say she's probably the best buff/debuffer package right now.
That's surprising, but good for fans of her. She was pretty underwhelming on release.

Hey I mentioned it above, but just wanted to ask again, how is Citan in JP meta, damage-wise? I'm planning out my next damage dealer carefully and I really liked CItan.

Shouta

Citan should be fine with enhancements. He gets the damage mods to let him compete though he still has his general shortcomings, mostly the fact that he doesn't have an imperil himself.

EDarkness

Global didn't get the a few banners, but I hope we eventually get the Xenogears units, even though I never used them in JP. I ended up with all of the units in JP (spent and insane number of resources to get them), but felt bad afterwards since I never used them. Kind of the same situation I'm in now. Lenneth does pretty much all of the heavy lifting, so I don't really use any other characters.

The funny thing is that with that last free 10+1 pull we got, I ended up with two rainbows. They were both Nalu (sp?) so I could 7* her. I've just been wondering why I would even bother since I'm super positive I'll never use her at all. Oh well, I guess it's better to have them...just in case.

Pejo

So I didn't realize we had a random 5* ticket in the Mog King this week. Nabbed it and managed to get Folka #2. Man I'm glad I didn't UoC her, I was close to doing it.

I feel bad for fans of FF3 from this event. It's quite possibly the least exciting event we've had in global in quite a long time. The units are meh and uninterestingly designed. I'm surprised that for Luneth in general they didn't massively buff him for GL. Dark Knight kits are already awful, and his is bad even compared to DKC.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Pretty glad I saved my lapis, this spring summon was pretty cool. Got:
onion knight refia #1
sieghart #1
emperor #3
awakaned rain #4, which I will gladly take cause his stmr is pretty sick:
amGk4wC.jpg

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Aren't all stmrs worth it? If you're low on zeni you can always skip fusing them to 7*.
Her stmr seems pretty cool for a staff user, especially if combined with her tmr.

EDarkness

Did any of you guys do the 5k lapis 5* summon? I did one and got two 5* unit. Ended up with my 4th Jiraiya. Man, I can get his STMR now. Ugh.

Pejo

Did any of you guys do the 5k lapis 5* summon? I did one and got two 5* unit. Ended up with my 4th Jiraiya. Man, I can get his STMR now. Ugh.
Jiraiya actually got some decent enhancements. Not top of the crop by any means, but he got some decent modifiers on his damage skills and some stat buffs.

I did both of the 5k summons and got my first Jecht, 4th Summer Nichol and 3rd Nyx. Not a bad haul. Jecht was one of those units I really wanted and he eluded me. I'll probably do the next set too.

Xenogears collab #1 is upon us. This one doesn't have Citan, so I'll probably just do a lap and call it a day with whatever I get. Rainbows were just confirmed to be only on-banner, which is finally showing Gumi doing something right. They changed up the banners from the JP ones a bit, we lose the individual character banners, but whatever. Apparently the Xeno units are getting GL buffs too.

Anyways, some decent stuff going around. There's a positive feel in the game right now, for me at least. Spent some time this past weekend clearing out some units and doing some fusing/leveling. Got Fayt to 7* 120, built out a second set of TDH TMRs, so now I can use him to chain with Auron. Also 7*'d my Folka, 2B, Merc Ramza.

Now i'm really hurting for Gil.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Round number 2.
Aranea #2
Lightning #3
Elfreeda #1
Citra #1

Immediately 7* aranea, got her tmr and elfreeda's as well; always wanted to use her for that absurd finisher damage.

Shouta

JP getting FF3 units next but not really interested tbh, lol. The new content coming and the start of Season 3/Story 3 sound way more appealing.

Pejo

JP getting FF3 units next but not really interested tbh, lol. The new content coming and the start of Season 3/Story 3 sound way more appealing.
Poor FF3. Unfortunately the characters from the remake don't have nostalgia to lean on, and Onion Knight isn't really a character himself either.

What's the general consensus for Alim making the CG FF characters limited in JP? I heard some rumblings about it this morning on Reddit, but I hadn't heard about it before. So essentially they're doing it just so you can't UoC them.

Top Bottom