• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Reizo Ryuu

Man, aranea's burst damage is no joke. Just tested her real quick and got 42 million damage on the dummy by capping an aureole ray chain with only 1.3k atk and nichol's LB buff. No breaks on the dummy though, so it can definitely go much higher.

Shouta

Poor FF3. Unfortunately the characters from the remake don't have nostalgia to lean on, and Onion Knight isn't really a character himself either.

What's the general consensus for Alim making the CG FF characters limited in JP? I heard some rumblings about it this morning on Reddit, but I hadn't heard about it before. So essentially they're doing it just so you can't UoC them.

JPs don't like it, of course. I'm not super bothered by it because it just means I have to hoard more for these than anything which is kind of what they don't want but I'm not sure the business team understands that, lol.

It's basically preventing UoCs for the top of the top units going forward really. Why even have UoC at all then.

EDarkness

Jiraiya actually got some decent enhancements. Not top of the crop by any means, but he got some decent modifiers on his damage skills and some stat buffs.

I did both of the 5k summons and got my first Jecht, 4th Summer Nichol and 3rd Nyx. Not a bad haul. Jecht was one of those units I really wanted and he eluded me. I'll probably do the next set too.

Xenogears collab #1 is upon us. This one doesn't have Citan, so I'll probably just do a lap and call it a day with whatever I get. Rainbows were just confirmed to be only on-banner, which is finally showing Gumi doing something right. They changed up the banners from the JP ones a bit, we lose the individual character banners, but whatever. Apparently the Xeno units are getting GL buffs too.

Anyways, some decent stuff going around. There's a positive feel in the game right now, for me at least. Spent some time this past weekend clearing out some units and doing some fusing/leveling. Got Fayt to 7* 120, built out a second set of TDH TMRs, so now I can use him to chain with Auron. Also 7*'d my Folka, 2B, Merc Ramza.

Now i'm really hurting for Gil.

That error they made with those store packs that had 30 max metal cactaur was amazing. I was able to really build up some units. I got Fayt to 120 and now that I have my second Ayaka, I'll go ahead and 7* her as well. Gonna need more gil, I think.

I don't feel bad about dropping 10k lapis on those two 5* banners. All of those trust moogles and cactaur! Woot!

It's basically preventing UoCs for the top of the top units going forward really. Why even have UoC at all then.

I didn't know that JP was heading in this direction. It sucks for those players, because what's the point of using Select Tickets if the units you want aren't there. Seems like they feel like they screwed up by adding that into the game. In my opinion, I only use my sparingly, but it's nice to have for when you want that unit that eluded you. The fact that we can't use them on limited units sucks, though. If you weren't lucky enough to get the unit during it's banner then you really lose out. I still wasn't able to get Lilith and I would have loved to use my Select Ticket to get her.

Also, the fact that Global doesn't put current banner units on the Select Ticket list until after the banner is over is kinda wrong, too.

Last edited:

Shouta

To be fair, UoCs can still get you a lot of top-class units and TMR/STMRs. It's just preventing folks from getting the top of the top in certain areas right away. Bartz is still UoCable and he's still a super powerful character.

Pejo

Well, I made it through step 3 with the lapis I had on hand. No rainbows first two steps, and then on step 3 I got this:
082qRuJ.jpg

Used the 4* guaranteed ticket that I got from this step on the banner, got another rainbow - Elly #2!

Hell yea, done with Xeno banners and I didn't even have to spend any cash. Best possible outcome!

I'll be back for Citan, as he's on the next Xeno banner and the unit I wanted the most.

How'd you guys do?

Reizo Ryuu

Didn't do any of the step ups, but spent a bunch of my EX tickets, I think 20 total.
Got 6 rainbows.
mediena #2
dark fina #1
dark fina #2
veritas of dark #1
noctis #1
pure summoner rydia #3

Don't really care for the xenogears units, but if I get one that would be cool.

Pejo

Didn't do any of the step ups, but spent a bunch of my EX tickets, I think 20 total.
Got 6 rainbows.
mediena #2
dark fina #1
dark fina #2
veritas of dark #1
noctis #1
pure summoner rydia #3

Don't really care for the xenogears units, but if I get one that would be cool.
Nice haul there! Your Noctis has just made evade builds way easier for you. Hope you also grabbed the Kiyomori (wind katana) from that rerun event that just ended. It also buys a lot of flexibility for evade builds.

*edit* not sure why I thought Ring of Lucii had evade on it, never mind me.

Last edited:

evangd007

EX tickets, 10+1s, 5+1s:

Fryevia #3
Kunshira #1
Kain #1
Roy #1

Why didn't anyone tell me that Beatrix's enhancements were released and that they were ridiculously good? I've been trying to get off of Orlandu as my main chainer for months!

Pejo

It actually has physical evade on it, but it's listed under the 'holy' ability.
Holy crap, thanks. I knew I wasn't crazy (for that reason at least).

EX tickets, 10+1s, 5+1s:

Fryevia #3
Kunshira #1
Kain #1
Roy #1

Why didn't anyone tell me that Beatrix's enhancements were released and that they were ridiculously good? I've been trying to get off of Orlandu as my main chainer for months!
Yea she has a great kit now after enhancements. Good ATK/MAG break, super strong light imperil, good finishing move, decent chaining. She's a great candidate for TDW builds. Only downside is that almost all of her moves require a setup round and lock her into a rotation and the fact that there are less and less light element chainer friends available since the Orlandu days.

Reizo Ryuu

He was very easy yeah, only took 3 turns to kill him.
Wasn't planning on pulling on the FFT banner, but ultima looks pretty cool. Kinda torn cause I did 3 steps of the xenogears banner and got all the limited units, so I'm spending my tickets on it in the hopes of getting a second elly or bart.
Utima isn't limited so I can get sometime later anyway, though I only recently got my first nalu...

EDarkness

Man that Xeno challenge fight was easy as balls. Any of you guys pulling on the FFT banner?

I blew some tickets and ended up getting Ultima. I'd like to get another one, but not sure I want to keep pulling. She's going to be in the pool going forward, so it doesn't feel particularly stressing to pull for her now. On the other hand, I've had no real luck with the Xenogears banner. No Fei or Elly yet and it's frustrating. I got TWO rainbows on the Tactics banner (Lid and Ultima), but nothing but crap on the Xenogears banner. I'd be happy with just one of each, to be honest.

Reizo Ryuu

Got a second bart on step 4, so now I've got a pretty awesome imbuer. Just have to grind out the last step so I can just pick a second elly if she isn't the guaranteed unit.

EDarkness

Got the 5* ticket from the Mog King and ended up getting my second Folen. I'm more than a little bummed about that. Oh well. The quest for Fei or Elly continues....

Pejo

Grinded it out, did the last step and got a second elly. Now I can just pick a second Fei and I've got all 3 of them 7*.
That's some grade A dedication to the Xenogears gang. NIce!

I picked up at least 1 of each unit too, but my real target is Xeno banner 2 with Citan.

Reizo Ryuu

Yeah getting all three within the first three steps made it feel like a waste to not do the whole thing. It helps that bart and elly seem to be pretty awesome as well, don't have much use for fei since I have jensen/a2/aranea, but he's still nice to have to round it out.

Doomtrain

Oh god, I logged in again for the first time in a while to see if I could get Elly.

I got her to 7-star and now I think I'm playing this again.

Pejo

Oh god, I logged in again for the first time in a while to see if I could get Elly.

I got her to 7-star and now I think I'm playing this again.
Welcome back! Gumi's been doing alright lately. They've definitely gotten a lot better about giving out freebies and rainbows within the past few months.

Reizo Ryuu

I'm really getting a bit annoyed with chu-chu on this banner; they've obviously put him on there to make it harder to get the TMRs for the banner units.
I've got 3+ million raid points and I still don't have the tmr for elly or fei...oh but I've got a billion little featherballs though....

Doomtrain

I'm really getting a bit annoyed with chu-chu on this banner; they've obviously put him on there to make it harder to get the TMRs for the banner units.
I've got 3+ million raid points and I still don't have the tmr for elly or fei...oh but I've got a billion little featherballs though....

I ended up with roughly 200% for Bart and Fei before getting Elly to 100% just this morning, finally. RNG is dumb.

Pejo

You know, I was just looking through my rainbows. I still to this day have never pulled even a single MS Nichol. What are the chances?

Finally got back to 20 UoC tickets, so I can fully 7* a unit now. Not sure what I'm saving for since I lucked my way into 7* Jecht through random Rainbows. I don't really care for Akstar, so not him. I don't need any more healers or tanks, so not that. I have 7* Elly and Ultima, so I don't need Magic DPS. Zargobaath has been my supporter so I'm not going to pick up the old lady. Can't use them on collab units, so not that. Hmm. Maybe I'll just hold on to them until the CG units start coming before they become limited. I like CG WoL quite a bit.

Pejo

Yea I'm running Ultima for now for the same reason. After I burn through all of my Raid summons, I should have enough gil and cactuars to 7* Elly, I'll make her a friend unit afterwards.

Pejo

Easter units look fun, will use some tickets on them, real winner is aranea though; her enhancements are looking lit af 🔥
I'm kinda disappointed that they're going the route of exclusive TMR and most disappointingly STMR effects for the 2 new 5*s. STMRs are hard as hell to get already, why the hell do they have to limit the effects to certain characters only? It'd be one thing if the units were free, but well....

Reizo Ryuu

I think they are trying to give you a reason to use the limited units, instead of grabbing the tmr and then shelving them; would've been better been better if the effects were universal and just stronger on the original units though.

Reizo Ryuu

Might've said the real winner is aranea, but esther looks really good, and she isn't limited so I might UoC her if I manage to grab one copy.

Pejo

Might've said the real winner is aranea, but esther looks really good, and she isn't limited so I might UoC her if I manage to grab one copy.
I just checked her out. Lightning element DPS, AT chainer, and interestingly has counter chain frames with Lucius and Lillith. She comes with some utility as well. I'll def keep an eye on her.

*Edit* whoah, that other 5* base is fucking amazing. Chain frames on a support with a 100% element resist/barrier/cure everything LB. I think I might finally have to replace Zarg. Her kit is bananas!

Last edited:

Pejo

I just checked her out. Lightning element DPS, AT chainer, and interestingly has counter chain frames with Lucius and Lillith. She comes with some utility as well. I'll def keep an eye on her.

*Edit* whoah, that other 5* base is fucking amazing. Chain frames on a support with a 100% element resist/barrier/cure everything LB. I think I might finally have to replace Zarg. Her kit is bananas!
Man it's even better than I thought. She actually imbues other units AND gives them AT frames. Holy Shit, what a gamechanger unit. So if you have an old unit with good stats, you can actually give them chaining moves with current units. Olive? Squall? Aranea? Ang?

This is nutso. I'm going to UoC the shit out of her ASAP.

Reizo Ryuu

The best part about both of those units is, that all of their great stuff isn't even locked behind the 7*, they are going to be some of the best 6* in the game like MS nichol.

evangd007

2x 5* guaranteed - Ignis #1, Jiraiya #3

That'll teach me to pull for things!

On the bright side, 1 Jiraiya away from a dark hybrid katana... who the hell wants a dark hybrid katana?

Pejo

Quick note to people pulling easter units - they were stealth nerfed before the daily reset. They're still good, but not as good. Check out the new stats before using your lapis.

*edit* - hell yea, got what I wanted.
mXYjVDH.jpg

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Saw you got her tmr right away as well, aren't their moogles on the raid banner though?

Got esther of a ticket, so good times; definitely UoC'ing her if I don't get another copy.

Pejo

Saw you got her tmr right away as well, aren't their moogles on the raid banner though?

Got esther of a ticket, so good times; definitely UoC'ing her if I don't get another copy.
Well since I have 2 of her, I TMR'd the one I was turning into a prism. Even if the raid summons have TM moogles, I doubt I'd get 200% worth of moogles from it. I left the other one at 0%. I love her kit so damn much.

At level 120 with no pots and only her TMR equipped, she's got 8200 HP, lol. I'm at work right now but I can't wait to play around with her later. I think it's funny that everyone's talking about Esther and not Sylvie at all. She's going to be so good for upcoming and current trials.

evangd007

The boss is immune to non-elemental damage, resists everything but lightning by 120%, and has a ton of SPR. I'm supposed to grind this bullshit?

greyshark

He gets demolished by Esther (obviously) - but I'd think even someone like Olive should be able to take him out without too much trouble. Sylvie can imbue Lightning to anyone as well.

EDarkness

He gets demolished by Esther (obviously) - but I'd think even someone like Olive should be able to take him out without too much trouble. Sylvie can imbue Lightning to anyone as well.

I've tried to do this fight a few times and regular units we have really have a tough time taking the egg guy out. Pretty much have to use the new units to do it. I'm tempted to skip this event, because this kind of thing sucks. So much for a fun little event for the holidays. I wish they wouldn't do this, to be honest.

greyshark

I've tried to do this fight a few times and regular units we have really have a tough time taking the egg guy out. Pretty much have to use the new units to do it. I'm tempted to skip this event, because this kind of thing sucks. So much for a fun little event for the holidays. I wish they wouldn't do this, to be honest.

Hmm - your post made me curious since I hadn't really looked at the boss's pattern since I have Esther. Do you have a physical evade tank? It SEEMS straightforward to me if you can get Earth resistance for your party up. Where are you struggling - at the thresholds? How much burst damage are you able to do?

Top Bottom