• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I have a cloud with 2.2k attack on my friendslist, he has a lightning sword and pretty much oneshots the event.

Also since the sword we get is a "replica", I'm guessing we'll get the real thing with the harder version of this boss.

Edit: steel castle is just a terrible event.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Took 260k points, but managed to get the rare abilities for aranea's spear and a sword for esther...really dislike this mode.

In other news, I ran out of story lapis :messenger_pensive:

Pejo

Lapis reset is probably coming soon for GL since they did it at the anniversary. Weapon dungeon is tough because you either get it right away or it takes forever. :(
How does Lapis reset work exactly? Should I be rushing to complete the main story right now to maximize the reset? I'll be honest, the season 2 story has been awful so I abandoned it about half way.

Took 260k points, but managed to get the rare abilities for aranea's spear and a sword for esther...really dislike this mode.

In other news, I ran out of story lapis :messenger_pensive:
Congrats! I don't really farm item world as much as I should, especially considering we're getting perameter missions super soon.

Shouta

How does Lapis reset work exactly? Should I be rushing to complete the main story right now to maximize the reset? I'll be honest, the season 2 story has been awful so I abandoned it about half way.

Congrats! I don't really farm item world as much as I should, especially considering we're getting perameter missions super soon.

There'll be a button you can use to reset all of the missions, hopefully. You can do it any time before the deadline to reset so you don't have to rush the story.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Well that boss was a pain in the ass, but it seems you auto win if you get him to low enough hp; below 10% somewhere, since it triggered for me when he was at 4%.
Also don't bother using white magic, since he'll just regen hp for every white magic you use. Best course of action is to burst him down to 51+% and then hit him hard again.
Fairly easy prolly if you have two 7* esther's on the team and a sylvie.

Pejo

Well that boss was a pain in the ass, but it seems you auto win if you get him to low enough hp; below 10% somewhere, since it triggered for me when he was at 4%.
Also don't bother using white magic, since he'll just regen hp for every white magic you use. Best course of action is to burst him down to 51+% and then hit him hard again.
Fairly easy prolly if you have two 7* esther's on the team and a sylvie.
I went in blind to this boss but dual Esther completely trivialized the fight. I feel like she's a really really insane unit. You could have a team of 6 Esthers and clean up pretty much anything in the game for years to come. She has the highest damage in GL, she tanks, she can even heal a team of Esthers since she absorbs thunder. It's legitimately insane. If I had the money, I'd actually whale and build this team just so Gumi could see how ridiculous of a unit she is.

Can you imagine if they hadn't ninja nerfed her?

Pejo

Lots of stink in the news of JP's new "Summon Fest" bullshit. It's not sounding too good for the game right now, to be honest. You instantly know that Gumi will adopt this system. Heck, they're probably trying to rush it to global. I wouldn't be surprised if all the CG characters from here on out became "Summon Fest" exclusive.

Anyway, apparently that easter event was more generous than I expected. It took me 2 hours to run through all of my rolls on that banner, ended up with 30 million Gil and lots of other goodies. Since I had some extra, I actually 7*'d the whole cast of FFIV, so now I'm running a sweet bonus on this new Mog King. It's unusually friendly of Gumi to allow old units to be bonus units in this. Anyone else find it strange that they just straight up let you buy Golbez in the shop? It's a shame, FFIV is one of my favs and I'd love to have him, but I can't justify spending the lapis on this banner.

Shouta

Summon Fest isn't the real issue this time around. It's more that they brought out Noctis then suddenly brought out Lunafreya "suddenly" on her own banner.

The entire concept of Summon Fest has been around gacha games for awhile and is extremely common in other titles. It shouldn't be a surprise it made it to FFBE at some point. There's just a lot of complaining because FFBE introduced Unit of Choice tickets, something that is extremely rare in gacha titles. Not being able to pick these units immediately is getting people up in arms. It kind of defies logic to be angry about this though because we've had UoC for awhile and they haven't let us use it for Limited Banners at all. So we knew it was going to happen. It's less than that because these units will come back at regular intervals where limited units are a crapshoot.

Frankly speaking, Summon Fest has far more practical benefits for users than negatives. First is that we're getting far more rewards now than we were before because the game is getting older and they also have to compensate for adjustments as well. So you're going to get more pulls. Second is that Summon Fest units tend to be the strongest of their type because otherwise it wouldn't be justified doing this with them. So if you're pulling on them, you're getting a unit that isn't going to be surpassed as easily. Third is that Summon Fest being the only place that some of these units show up in makes it easier to target when to spend resources. You either pull on it right away or for a return of that unit on a specific banner. You never have to mess with the others at all unless you want to get those specific units. If you care about strongest units, Summon Fest will be it except on the rare occasion there might be a regular unit that is equally buff.

Considering how the GL base on reddit tends to be all about trying to figure out when to pull next, this is like their best friend. It clearly outlines when they should pull especially since all they seem to care about most of the time is whether a unit is good or in meta, lol.

Pejo

Summon Fest isn't the real issue this time around. It's more that they brought out Noctis then suddenly brought out Lunafreya "suddenly" on her own banner.

The entire concept of Summon Fest has been around gacha games for awhile and is extremely common in other titles. It shouldn't be a surprise it made it to FFBE at some point. There's just a lot of complaining because FFBE introduced Unit of Choice tickets, something that is extremely rare in gacha titles. Not being able to pick these units immediately is getting people up in arms. It kind of defies logic to be angry about this though because we've had UoC for awhile and they haven't let us use it for Limited Banners at all. So we knew it was going to happen. It's less than that because these units will come back at regular intervals where limited units are a crapshoot.

Frankly speaking, Summon Fest has far more practical benefits for users than negatives. First is that we're getting far more rewards now than we were before because the game is getting older and they also have to compensate for adjustments as well. So you're going to get more pulls. Second is that Summon Fest units tend to be the strongest of their type because otherwise it wouldn't be justified doing this with them. So if you're pulling on them, you're getting a unit that isn't going to be surpassed as easily. Third is that Summon Fest being the only place that some of these units show up in makes it easier to target when to spend resources. You either pull on it right away or for a return of that unit on a specific banner. You never have to mess with the others at all unless you want to get those specific units. If you care about strongest units, Summon Fest will be it except on the rare occasion there might be a regular unit that is equally buff.

Considering how the GL base on reddit tends to be all about trying to figure out when to pull next, this is like their best friend. It clearly outlines when they should pull especially since all they seem to care about most of the time is whether a unit is good or in meta, lol.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm indeed familiar with the practice of Summon Fest from other gachas, but I think this all goes back to 2 things:

1. UoC were a mistake - This totally changed the way players saved and spent on banners. A lot of immediacy on the units were gone, which is bad news for a gacha game, and they really dug themselves into a hole with it. I totally understand how they're trying to circumvent this mistake with Summon Fests. This is only a problem however because of their other major fuck-up -

2. Needing 2 5* bases to make 7* units - I feel all of the problems with the current state of the game can be traced back to when this was announced. It makes pulling a single rainbow feel bad. It forces a mechanic like UoC or else players will leave. What's even more puzzling is that they already have STMRs as a thing, to easily make duplicates still valuable, yet they went this route. No doubt this has been tied to our increased overall pulls (though Gumi seems to like throwing us EX tickets instead of anything we can use intelligently), but it's really taken a toll on the game in general, especially related to limited banners. I honestly don't think anyone would have a problem with Summon Fest if all you needed was to pull the unit once. Or if Global would have lost UoC (like they were planning) if they had just removed the need for a dupe to 7*. Make it expensive, make it grindy to 7* a unit, but requiring dupes is still, I feel, the biggest mistake this game has made.

Shouta

Thanks for the explanation. I'm indeed familiar with the practice of Summon Fest from other gachas, but I think this all goes back to 2 things:

1. UoC were a mistake - This totally changed the way players saved and spent on banners. A lot of immediacy on the units were gone, which is bad news for a gacha game, and they really dug themselves into a hole with it. I totally understand how they're trying to circumvent this mistake with Summon Fests. This is only a problem however because of their other major fuck-up -

2. Needing 2 5* bases to make 7* units - I feel all of the problems with the current state of the game can be traced back to when this was announced. It makes pulling a single rainbow feel bad. It forces a mechanic like UoC or else players will leave. What's even more puzzling is that they already have STMRs as a thing, to easily make duplicates still valuable, yet they went this route. No doubt this has been tied to our increased overall pulls (though Gumi seems to like throwing us EX tickets instead of anything we can use intelligently), but it's really taken a toll on the game in general, especially related to limited banners. I honestly don't think anyone would have a problem with Summon Fest if all you needed was to pull the unit once. Or if Global would have lost UoC (like they were planning) if they had just removed the need for a dupe to 7*. Make it expensive, make it grindy to 7* a unit, but requiring dupes is still, I feel, the biggest mistake this game has made.

Generally speaking, yeah UoC was a mistake. The best you get in other gacha games is occasionally a banner where you get to choose one from a list but that's typically slightly out of date stuff but not the newest thing. It's a great system from a player perspective but it just messes with a lot of things that make gacha games self-sustaining.

The thing with 7-star is that it's a bad system but also helped lead to the game being more plentiful overall to compensate. It's an interesting issue because of that plus and minus gain. Without it, pulling a unit once is huge but at the same time it'd just be a lot harder to pull that unit. Considering how other games treat dupes, I'm kind neutral on the system as is. If it was the original 7-star system they suggested before they backpedaled, I would say it was absolutely trash though. What the game needs is reasons to use units other than 7-stars to increase their value. That's a huge gap that hasn't been covered and honestly would kind of alleviate some of the pressure.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
It wouldn't be much of a problem if anything below 5* wasn't just absolutely useless. In a sea of golds, units like yan are the clear outlier.
The argument that they are good for new players isn't really true anymore; the game has been starting to give away enough freebees that even for new players, golds start to lose their usefulness rather quickly.
I honestly feel like UoC isn't that big of a problem, other gacha have similar systems at this point in their life, as they should. What's truly just laughable, is how banners are still 10+1 and only expensive step ups guarantee a rainbow. Nobody likes the sight of 10 blues.
At this point in the life of the game, the gold and blue rates should be reversed and every multi should guarantee a rainbow. Golds could also easily be made more useful by actually applying the dupe system to them as welll, just have 3 or 4 golds to turn the unit into a 5* base. That should at the very least give them massively improved stats.

7*s are also just in a pretty weird place, because the actually difficult content relies much more on proper gearing; you can't just take a group of random 7*s and expect them to do better than a group of properly geared 6*s, which is odd because they destroy any other content; so what really is the point of them?

Pejo

It wouldn't be much of a problem if anything below 5* wasn't just absolutely useless. In a sea of golds, units like yan are the clear outlier.
The argument that they are good for new players isn't really true anymore; the game has been starting to give away enough freebees that even for new players, golds start to lose their usefulness rather quickly.
I honestly feel like UoC isn't that big of a problem, other gacha have similar systems at this point in their life, as they should. What's truly just laughable, is how banners are still 10+1 and only expensive step ups guarantee a rainbow. Nobody likes the sight of 10 blues.
At this point in the life of the game, the gold and blue rates should be reversed and every multi should guarantee a rainbow. Golds could also easily be made more useful by actually applying the dupe system to them as welll, just have 3 or 4 golds to turn the unit into a 5* base. That should at the very least give them massively improved stats.

7*s are also just in a pretty weird place, because the actually difficult content relies much more on proper gearing; you can't just take a group of random 7*s and expect them to do better than a group of properly geared 6*s, which is odd because they destroy any other content; so what really is the point of them?
UoC is a problem because it curbs spending. For the playerbase they're awesome, but they encourage hoarding and not splurging on banners. That's why Alim is trying out Summon Fest to get people spending on banners again. Golds were almost always a side-bonus, but agreed - since 7* meta gold is TM fodder at best and inventory -1 at worst. I wouldn't say No to a rainbow on every 10+1 but I doubt they'd ever do that.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Guaranteed units, or selectors really haven't stopped other gacha games from gaining tons of revenue.
And this is because of the simple fact that the people who actually spend money on these games, aren't the ones that sporadically do so; selectors and such will never stop actual 'whales' from spending, since they aren't really for them anyway, their function is moreso for player retention.

Shouta

Most games don't have a "Choose the unit you want at any time" selection though. It's a guaranteed pull on a banner, an old-ish selector, or something you can get after a extremely large number of pulls. UoC is unique because you gained tickets for free at a steady pace, any unit at the highest rarity was selectable, and and it had a low-ish cost to do so at only 10 UoC tickets. It's VERY different than any other gacha game.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Marvel future fight has selectors to pick any unit you want, heck they gave away two of them that basically instantly rank up the character as well to what you could consider the 7* equivalent.
JPN Dokkan also has coins now that allow you to just pick a unit after a bunch of pulls; considering it's 10 coins for a multi and the amount of free stones you get every month is actually pretty high, the pace to getting enough for a unit you want is actually higher than the rate at which ffbe gives away 10 UoC tickets. I'm sure there are others but I can only manage a max of these 4 games at one time.

Shouta

Marvel future fight has selectors to pick any unit you want, heck they gave away two of them that basically instantly rank up the character as well to what you could consider the 7* equivalent.
JPN Dokkan also has coins now that allow you to just pick a unit after a bunch of pulls; considering it's 10 coins for a multi and the amount of free stones you get every month is actually pretty high, the pace to getting enough for a unit you want is actually higher than the rate at which ffbe gives away 10 UoC tickets. I'm sure there are others but I can only manage a max of these 4 games at one time.

Doesn't Future Fight rely on character development as its progression hook? I've only seen bits of it myself. Those types of games run a bit differently and pulls mean different things for them than a unit-based gacha game.

JP Dokkan coin system falls under my point about it being the result of numerous pulls. It's 10 Coins for a multi and the lowest cost unit starts at 150 coins with it going as high as 500. Even if you're getting 300 Free Stones a month, that's almost 9 months before you can buy the highest cost unit. JP UoC was at a rate of 2-3 a month which means you're getting a UoC pick as low as 4 months. In addition, it's for any unit that was added to the gacha, even ones that are added for the currently running event, prior to Summon Fest anyway. JP Dokkan you have to pick from a pre-selected list. You can't use those coins on a unit from that banner.

I've played a lot of mobile games with Gacha mechanics and FFBE's UoC is very different than pretty much all of the ones I've seen. The most popular Japanese ones have nothing that comes close to it. Monster Strike only has guaranteed pulls, and a pity pull after 50 non-5-star pulls in the gacha. Granblue has a mechanic where you can pick something after 300 pulls. It goes on and on.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Nah a bunch of units in future fight are extremely strong and trivialise a lot of content, heck they recently added one of the most powerful units to the new player experience, so that new players don't feel left behind on all the content there is to do. One could argue that this would curb spending on paywalled characters, since she's actually better than a lot of them.
But like all gacha devs, netmarble knows the largest part of their revenue comes from the big spenders, giving away a bunch of selectors and resources really isn't going to impact that at all. What it does impact however is the retention of anyone who doesn't fall in the large spender group, but the group that wasn't spending, still aren't going to.

Dokkan's coin system is much faster than 9 months imo because there are plenty of celebrations throughout the year to jack up the stone count; also the 500 coin units aren't completely fair to use as the average because ffbe doesn't have an equivalent to them, and there are also much fewer of them; they'd also require you to basically summon exclusively on those banners. The average coin cost would be 324 coins which, with a celebration thrown in, would be yours in about ~4 months.
UoC on global is 2 per month, but I've honestly missed a couple simply because I either didn't have enough time to grind out 150k points, or didn't have the bonus units to even attempt to get it. Still, missing none that would be 5 months of saving up; this is not the group that affects revenue at all, since like any business, they rely on monthly income, which is what the 'whales' take care of.

Shouta

I'm just going to shelve the currency gain stuff because it's getting stuck in the weeds.

To iterate again. FFBE gives you the ability to any in the pool and even just after it was released. It's letting folks choose the most powerful unit when they want. If that's an option on the table, why would anyone even bother pulling? That has a cascading effect. If someone gets it via UoC then, they don't need to spend the free resources they acquired until later, which means there's less reason to buy currency. That leads to dwindling revenue for the devs. If the pace of UOC stays the same, there's a huge chance they'll have enough to get the next meta-unit via UoC and then not spend free resources or use very little for what they want which means again, hurts the bottom-line for the company. Rinse and Repeat.

This is an issue even for whales because they offered UoC tickets in random 10+1 pulls which accelerates the whales' UoC counts. They can get the next top unit while spending far less than on the banners themselves. Why spend 25000 Lapis at a chance for a unit when I can spend 10000 to get to more two UoC to go with my 8 free ones, etc. Every other system requires you spend currency to get those benefits, UoC doesn't which has a huge impact on the overall economy. There's a reason why those games don't use the exact same system.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
There's a pretty huge overestimation there for how it effects the big spenders, it still takes months to get enough tickets and many studies have shown that this group of players spends a certain amount monthly, and they keep doing so as long as the retention is high enough.
Being able to pick a unit every 5 months doesn't affect this. In fact these sort of things increase retention which stabilises income across all groups of spenders, except of course the group that never spends and never wil spend.

Also these gacha companies have people employed who crunch the numbers on everything, heck I've worked for one and some of the psychology involved with the practices to get people to spend, and keep spending, are downright diabolical; even when you think they are doing something that seems generous, they are definitely coming out of it with a net profit.

EDarkness

I like the Select Ticket usage, but I'm not a whale and wouldn't spend a lot of money on the game anyway. At least it keeps me playing and I end up spending a few dollars every couple of months. I recently spent 10 Select tickets on getting Esther, but that's the only one I've spent tickets on in a long time.

What pisses me off with the game these days is that they don't give out regular tickets very often. Most of the tickets we get outside of mog king and raid events are EX tickets, which I feel like don't net much worth talking about. Especially if you're trying for something specific. I want the Xenogears characters, but getting regular tickets is hard, so I've had to spend money on lapis to pull. I know this is part of their plan to get people to pay, but it's still frustrating, because I feel like we had more tickets back in the early days of the game. What this has meant for me personally is that I haven't done the daily 250 lapis pull in a long time and I haven't really done much pulling on recent banners, either because of a lack of regular tickets in general. So my team has been stagnating and my main pulls have come from free pulls they've given us recently.

I've burned quite a bit of lapis on special banners, but that hasn't netted me anything worth talking about recently. I still only have one Fei and one Bart. I didn't even try for Esther when her banner was up since my resources were limited and I knew I wouldn't get her. Only burned a few EX tickets I had saved up and got the usual fodder.

I do wish they would find a way to make the 3 and 4* units good or useful. Right now the list is just cluttered with units that aren't worth using so scrolling through all of them is a pain. If they're going to keep giving us these 3 and 4* characters, then they really need to make getting them worth something. It feels bad getting so many units I have no interest in.

Shouta

It's not a huge overestimation because it's being proven right now. FFBE is deploying Summon Fests. It is effectively nullifying the problems I mentioned with UoC above for them. Why would they do that? Because it was hurting their bottom line. There's just no business reason for them to do something like this if they were doing fine before. It'd be sabotaging their game but in this case, they did it because they think they can stand to gain something.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
It more likely wasn't hurting their bottom line, instead they just found something else to just make even more money with; like I said they have ppl to crunch the numbers on any decision, and anything that get added is to increase revenue. A system that seems generous is 100% just to increase retention which also increases, or at the very least stabilises, revenue.

EDarkness

I'm sure they're just looking for more ways to get players to pay. THOUGH, one point that should be stated about JP FFBE is that for the Anniversary they were giving away Select Tickets like water. I remember having a bunch of them and ended up using them fairly often. Unlike Global where we get this drip feed of them and generally get to choose every few months. I wonder if the issue with the JP version is just to counter that.

I saw with the new Mog King they lowered the cost of the Select Ticket to 5000 currency instead of 150k. And they've been giving us 5* summon tickets as well. In JP, they were giving two Select Tickets per Mog King.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So global is getting zeno as exclusive? I wonder if this is to close the gap between akstar and esther, cause it doesn't seem like he's getting any upgrades. Interesting that he has chains with esther though.

Pejo

So global is getting zeno as exclusive? I wonder if this is to close the gap between akstar and esther, cause it doesn't seem like he's getting any upgrades. Interesting that he has chains with esther though.
Yea, Akstar got no upgrades, so instead he turned into the troll rainbow on his banner, lol. Pretty crazy, and I'd bet not a single person would have predicted that 3 months ago. Xeno looks fine, finally a unit pushing TDW a little further on GL. I'm not going to go for him, but I will be spending my cache of 4* guaranteeds on this banner to snag a few of those awesome TMRs from the 4* units. Heck, one of the 4* has an ATK+70% with clothes and a katana. That's pretty nutty from a 4* base.

Also, Sephiroth enhancements, for any fans out there. He becomes pretty nutso in his own right, unless GL changes him significantly. (Not Esther level, but still good).

I watched the FFBE preview video, and there's just something unnatural about the way Shaly claps, lol.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
She claps like she doesn't know if she wants to do a slowclap or a golfclap, so she just combines them into some kind of weird birdclap.

The tmrs look nice, but that's exactly what I'm talking about man, they actually look cool, but nobody is going to use them; why even bother making cool sprites like tomoe or surfer skaha, when they are just gonna sit in boxes until that tmr hits 100%...

Unfortunately my sephiroth is still 6* after all this time, but if they give him upgraded enhancements like aranea, he could become amazing I bet.

Pejo

She claps like she doesn't know if she wants to do a slowclap or a golfclap, so she just combines them into some kind of weird birdclap.

The tmrs look nice, but that's exactly what I'm talking about man, they actually look cool, but nobody is going to use them; why even bother making cool sprites like tomoe or surfer skaha, when they are just gonna sit in boxes until that tmr hits 100%...

Unfortunately my sephiroth is still 6* after all this time, but if they give him upgraded enhancements like aranea, he could become amazing I bet.
BIrdclap is a great way to describe it. Or like how women clap when their fingernails are still drying.

3* and 4* units being viable is almost impossible in this game, sadly. With each skill being specific and having design going into it, there would be no benefit for Gumi to revisit old characters and get their skills up to par. The better model is something like Fate GO or Dragalia Lost where the skills are set once at creation of the character and bringing their (effective star level) up only increases their stats. If Gumi can't even properly balance new 7* units, we have no hope for that summer Skaha.

One thing they could do, which Granblue Fantasy does, is make content where you can only use 3* or 4* units (respectively). I think JP might even have this already? Even then, though, you're mostly just pimping them out with STMRs and TMRs from better units, lol. Still, it would give you a reason to dust them off once in a while.

evangd007

Did the Xenogears step-up again and ended up with 2x Bart, 1x Elly, and 1x Fei in addition to the Elly and Bart I had from the first go-around. How should I use the ticket? 7* Fei? Go for a Citan or Maria and wait to get crystals from the mixer?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Depends on what you already have; Elly and Bart are pretty fantastic, so unless you are really hurting for an attacker, just get whoever you want the most.
If you don't have esther either, I'd say go for Citan and just wait for his prism.

Pejo

Did the Xenogears step-up again and ended up with 2x Bart, 1x Elly, and 1x Fei in addition to the Elly and Bart I had from the first go-around. How should I use the ticket? 7* Fei? Go for a Citan or Maria and wait to get crystals from the mixer?
If it were me, I'd get a Citan. If you're never going to actually use the Xeno units, maybe look at Bart's STMR or get Citan anyway for his TMR.

Shouta

Madam is in JP and she's pretty cool. I got 2 of her in the second step of her banner so 6500 Lapis and 43 tickets is what it cost me. Not bad all things considered.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Last dummy test I did was with aranea and I hit 52m damage, not fully enhanced yet. Decided to test esther and hit 247m damage lol and I wasn't even chaining with a dupe but with lilith; wild bunny.

Been wondering if I should get noctis tmr so I can finally have 100% evade and beat 3* golem/leviathan finally ( and prolly some more trials too), or get Nalu's tmr to stack even more attack on esther :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Pejo

Last dummy test I did was with aranea and I hit 52m damage, not fully enhanced yet. Decided to test esther and hit 247m damage lol and I wasn't even chaining with a dupe but with lilith; wild bunny.

Been wondering if I should get noctis tmr so I can finally have 100% evade and beat 3* golem/leviathan finally ( and prolly some more trials too), or get Nalu's tmr to stack even more attack on esther :pie_thinking:
Evade seems like the easy choice here, then again I always play more defensively lately.

I haven't done the story event yet but maybe he loses it in a fight with someone? I'm going to say it's probably Rain because this game likes wanking him off incessantly.
Not sure, will have to pay attention but I think they have the same sprite in game with two swords too, after akstar's one armed journey.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Only had enough lapis for one spring summon, but mostly did it for the moogles anyway. Walked away with an ultima, so that's pretty nice.

Last edited:

Pejo

Only had enough lapis for one spring summon, but mostly did it for the moogles anyway. Walked away with an ultima, so that's pretty nice.
Congrats! She's a beast. I switch between her and Elly for my magic damage needs.

So I haven't actually playedt the game since I did my Xenoblade raid summons last week. I'm a few hundred units and I really don't feel like merging all of the dupes and cactuars.

Shouta, (or anyone on JP side), do they ever do a "merge all same units" button, similar to the "sell all for sale" units? Inventory management feels like 90% of the time spent playing this game anymore.

Pejo

Anyone know where we're supposed to be spending these summer coins they keep giving us? I can't seem to find a place to use them.
I haven't played the game in a while, but check Mog King. That's what they did for Anniversary coins, if I recall.

EDarkness

I haven't played the game in a while, but check Mog King. That's what they did for Anniversary coins, if I recall.

I checked there and haven't found anywhere in the game to trade in these coins. Normally it's a Mog King thing, but I haven't seen anything there. So I'm wondering if they put this somewhere else or if it's even in the game yet.

Top Bottom