• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

EDarkness

I made sure my Elena is using her TMR. I didn't see a point in not giving it to her. But I've seen some out there not doing this. I guess folks have their reasons.

Pejo

Man, after the anniversary, the wind has been fully taken out of my sails for this game. In a way it's nice to just log in, do a few dailies and log out though. On a happy note, I used a 3* EX ticket today, didn't know I even had it, and got my first A. Fryevia.

EDarkness

Looks like we got a ton of Anniversary Coins. I used a few and I can do a couple of pulls on the big 160 coin banner. Not sure if it's worth it, honestly. I guess getting enough tokens to get the STMR moogle would be worth it. Not sure if I want to bother since I got over 1000 of the original coins, but most of what I've gotten from the banner is bad stuff. Maybe it doesn't matter. *shrug* How did you guys end up?

EDarkness

I have to agree about calling these "F U tickets". Even with over a thousand of these a person still walks away with basically nothing. I mean, more turtles? More cactaur? Do we REALLY need more of these considering how much we get from Raids and Mog Kings? I'm swimming in them, honestly. I have so many stat pots I don't even know who to give them to anymore. I'm not even super hardcore. Can't imagine what those guys are dealing with.

What sucks even more is that this Anniversary banner gives another type of coin that can be used to actually get the good stuff. It's overall pretty terrible and shitty.

Reizo Ryuu

Seems the second set of originals is about to be buffed.
Reberta looks like she's going to be pretty strong, and her stmr sounds great for her/cid/aranea.

Not sure about the buffs to kryla, barely anything to her stmr and the wording of her new spell breaker skill is just confusing. Her new cooldown seems pretty good though; overall seems like the weakest buffs of all of them.

Pejo

Seems the second set of originals is about to be buffed.
Reberta looks like she's going to be pretty strong, and her stmr sounds great for her/cid/aranea.

Not sure about the buffs to kryla, barely anything to her stmr and the wording of her new spell breaker skill is just confusing. Her new cooldown seems pretty good though; overall seems like the weakest buffs of all of them.
I just appreciate that Gumi are actually going back and looking old units. I would have just expected them to put the effort into new units to get that lapis, so this is a pleasant surprise.

I haven't played the game in about a week now. Those EX tickets I got from the FU tickets created a ton of busy work for me to go through and clean up unit inventory now, and I don't feel like it. So now I just log in and out for the day.

We are getting the Octopath collab, which is honestly a bit of a surprise. I'm going to wait and see if they have off banner rainbows or not to determine if I splurge on tickets. I won't use the units, but I'd like a single copy of all of them for collection sake since I'm a huge fan of Octopath.

EDarkness

I'm gonna roll on the Octopath banner, because I thought the game was cool and really liked Primrose. Not sure if I'll go for a 7* version of them, but I'd like to at least have one of them in my collection. Right now, I think my main group is stacked. I really don't see the point in pulling for more stuff.

Reizo Ryuu

Well looks like Kryla also got some bolting strike chaining frames for her double element spr scaled attacks, and her debilitating pot now autocasts a 75% fullbreak for three turns, so that's nice I guess.

Reberta and christine seem like the big winners for these buffs though.

EDarkness

I did a bunch of pulls. So many, I don't even what to think about how many resources I put into this banner, that I will have to save for a long time going forward. In the end I got...Marie. Ahhhh! Waste of stuff, but I guess such is the way with this game. I fared much better on this banner in the JP version.

Pejo

I did a bunch of pulls. So many, I don't even what to think about how many resources I put into this banner, that I will have to save for a long time going forward. In the end I got...Marie. Ahhhh! Waste of stuff, but I guess such is the way with this game. I fared much better on this banner in the JP version.
So there are off-banner rainbows? God dammit Gumi....

Shouta

There were off-banner in JP too as I recall.

In JP news, AWS data centers went bork and the game has been done for a lot today, lol.

Pejo

I ran through a ton of my regular tickets and got a bunch of Tressa and Therion, my first Crimson and my first Yego. Finally ended up with Primrose after 80 some tickets. Not sure if I want to press my luck for Olberic, might just call it a day.

Pejo

Boy it feels like the anniversary somehow gutted this game. There's barely any talk about it anymore even bigger communities like Reddit. I barely even log in and burn some raid orbs.

What caused you guys to kinda burn out? for me its the inventory management. i never fully recovered from the hundreds of EX tickets I had to burn through, and somehow even my enhancement units inventory is now full. There's just way too much inventory management and menial work to do now. It's not like you can just pop into the game, jump into a trial and play around.

Now I need to pick a team, go to FFBE equip to find out what to gear them with, find the gear in my inventory, find that one unit with a sword i need is on an expedition, go speed up the expedition, unequip the sword, put it on my new team, Find the materia, set the team position, enter the trial, get notified that I have too many units, go find units, scroll through 40 pages of units to find the ones I can merge, go back to start the quest, have too many enhance units, sell the turtles, start the quest.

It's just not fucking worth it. They really need a "merge all" feature or stop giving us level 1 fucking cactuars. I actually stopped making 7* units to feed for STMRs just because it took so long, now i just merge the 5* bases directly.

Reizo Ryuu

I'm like 50 units over, so I haven't even touched any events in the past 2 weeks. I just log in, get my shit, send gifts and then quit.

EDarkness

For me, the game is boring. I just don't care too much about anything in it and I've been thinking seriously that I need to drop some of these games so I can actually finish working on my own game. This game has way too much going on that it can't be a quick "get in/get out" kinda affair. It's just not interesting anymore. Every banner is more of the same, too. It's just not worth it.

Shouta

I'm just in save mode in JP since I'm out of story and can't farm up Lapis right now. Waiting on a banner like FFT plus actual console games to play.

evangd007

I see that nobody tried the Demon trial. It's a new type of GLEX bullshit.

He pre-emptively does a massive non-elemental attack that killed all my units except Sieghart and the unit he randomly covered. Those two units now have a DoT that will kill them next turn. The solution? Have the covered unit revive the healer, and have Sieghart (or insert physical tank here) use a debuff skill like Toxic Rain and hope that it sleeps, confuses, or paralyzes him. If one of those hits, then next turn your tank and covered unit will probably die from the DoT, but if your healer survives and the debuff holds, then you're off to the races. Good luck with that no death condition though.

Then I charged Elena's LB and chained it with a friend Elena's LB to 100-to-0. I've never been on the power curve before, always behind, and usually way behind. Feels strange.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Elena kicks a lot of ass. She does some insane damage so having her pretty much means you'll be able to destroy something assuming she stays alive or the enemy has some silly damage resistance.

Pejo

Anyone try that 9k lapis 4 5* guaranteed banner?
Nah, there's so few 5* that I don't have that I actually want, I'm almost guaranteed to be disappointed. If you're new or if you'd be happy just getting some 5* bases, it's a great deal though.

EDarkness

If I had lapis I probably would have tried. Thinking about it now, I don't think I need to. My group is pretty impressive overall and there really isn't any reason to pull unless I just really like the characters. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to get the Octopath characters, but fate said, "NO!" I guess that's okay. Just making due with whatever free pulls we've gotten recently.

TheContact

Anyone know if the Xenogears event is coming back any time soon? I have 40k gems saved up and I need to get Fei and Elly into their final forms

Pejo

Anyone know if the Xenogears event is coming back any time soon? I have 40k gems saved up and I need to get Fei and Elly into their final forms
Likely not for a while if at all, unfortunately. We already got both sets of banners, and I'm unaware if they ever came back on JP.

Shouta

Xenogears prism will probably be added to the Trust Coin shop at some point so building up 10,000 of those will get you them when they're added.

Pejo

Well my dudes, I think the bell tolls for me on FFBE. I'm gonna ride out the rest of these free summons (I think there's 2 weeks left), then I think I'm done. I have like 1300~/850 units and there's no way I want to go back and fuse all of them down, and I can't play any content until I do. I even missed a login day or two lately, which I have never done before. If they ever add some QoL features to assist with inventory management (like a merge all duplicates button), I'll reinstall, but it's just too much busywork for no payoff anymore. Who knew that the final nail the coffin for me was that i had too many free summons lol.

Just some thoughts:

Favorite Functional Unit: Sylvie - Love her role as a "do anything" support. She makes any party better and is so slot efficient, it's crazy.
Favorite Visual Designed Unit: Probably 4* base Gravey - I always loved that cowboy samurai aesthetic, and his moves are so stylish. Forever forgotten/TMR fodder since he's 4* base though.
Biggest Mistake in the game: Implementation of the 7* system - Made anything less than a 2 rainbow pull anticlimactic or boring. Awful for life of the game.
Favorite part of the game: Esper Battles - Good difficulty, well thought out gimmicks, fun mini-stories. Raids were fun when they were more rare, but now it's just a grind rotation.

I'll still be popping into the thread from time to time, but it'll be nice to have less things to worry about on the daily.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Can't blame you, logging in is al I do nowadays too.
I like actually playing it, but just navigating to do anything else is just so damn slow and clunky that it just doesn't seem worth the effort.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Pejo Pejo I can understand, man. I'm at that point where I think I'm gonna be dropping the game like I dropped Fire Emblem Heroes. It's getting to a point where I'm just not doing much in the game at all and the events are boring and samey. They just aren't doing anything interesting and I feel like the "difficult" fights are just cheap. Gonna free up quite a bit of time by removing this game from my play list. I'm SOOOOOOO behind in my game development stuff mainly due to these games that sap so much of my time and I feel like with the with the RNG mechanics affect me, I'm not really having much fun. Best to just move on to something else and I've told myself I'm not starting anymore gacha games going forward.

I'll still drop by here to see what kind of new stuff has been added into the game, but it's not something I'm gonna pump much time into going forward.

Reizo Ryuu

New katy perry units incoming.

th

Reizo Ryuu

Got lucky and got katy on the first step, gonna grind some lapis to do the second step; still have my stmr moogle so I don't need 4 of her to get that sweet stmr.

Reizo Ryuu

Data download required, 2mb
Data download required, 8mb
New version of the app available, 58mb
Data downlaod required, 140mb
Data download required, 210mb

The way this game handles downloads is just retarded.

Reizo Ryuu

Are jp units really that far ahead of zeno/elena/esther? Cause I read the news and I really didn't know if a retread of the kingdom hearts debacle was warranted.

Shouta

No Martina in JP.

JP's mods are much higher than GL's since we're ahead obviously. Prishe just got buffed from the Series Boss Battle and she hits for 4600% per Prishe Special and she now has T-skill which lets her do 13800% per turn though she's limited to a dupe for chaining. Most of the other recent DPS are in the same neighborhood for damage.

EDarkness

No Martina? Damn, man. I was going to go all in on the DQ banner, but my girl isn't there and I don't care about the other characters. Oh well, I'm on the verge of quitting this game, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Not surprised that characters got gutted, though. Seems to be the way they do things a lot of the time.

Reizo Ryuu

Was about to summon on the 4 rainbows banner again, until I remembered it's October and there's prolly some juicy Halloween units on the way; hoping to see some lilith buffs as well.

Top Bottom